Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-04-2004, 02:54 PM   #46  

Default Thanks for the warm welcome Hula and everyone!!

Just checking in today with some news about the my progross. Yesterday 3/3 was a good day for me with food intake and exercising. i at under 25 grams of carbs (even though I'm trying to do no more than 20) and I did my WATP (walk away the pound) tape and also did 35minutes on the treadmill.

Today when I weight in, I had lost 1 1/2 lbs.

Lovinig this challenge and I'm feeling really good. Hope everyone is being sucessfull and accepting the challenge.

So far:
261/197/140
PATMARTINBRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:20 PM   #47  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 201.1/187/180 by Oct. 31, 2018

Height: 5'4"

Hula, you are too funny!!! And about that Trimspa commercial. I love to see people who are worth millions of dollars....don't ever have to cook a meal for themselve, let alone a starving husband and child..and can hire all the motivation they want talk about how it all happens with a little pill! Ha! Like I believe that load of Bologna!

Okay, done venting now! All better!

Congrats to the losers!!! Nothing better than seeing smaller numbers on the scale to give you that natural high! I wish my scale would budge. Maybe I had better quit jumping on and off of it all day long. I think it's getting pissed at me and making up larger numbers (I wish) sneaky, rotten old scale!

Dew, I am also doing Minna Lessig's Emergency Workout tape. I like her style. She's motivational without the perky annoying stuff. I have a couple of her other tapes too that I did when I first started losing weight. I need to dust them off and see if I am capable of doing them without ending up in cardiac arrest! The Emergency Workout is really Latin beat, dancey style aerobics. Pretty fun, even for a workout tape. I am working from home today and really should go back to the other computer.

Work now...chat later!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:31 PM   #48  

Good evening ALL!! Been a crazy couple of days here, I've been working 'full' days at my sub teacher job, which actually makes it easier to stick to 'the plan'! Got on the scale yesterday and discovered that after 1 1/2 weeks of low carb eating, I'm down a healthy 4 lbs!! As for all that water..when I'm home, it's okay...but school time is tough when you aren't sure WHEN you will get that Pee break!! I still down the 20 oz's before breakfast, have my coffee, and try to get thru 16- 20 oz by lunch if I dare. Then have a 12 oz diet soda with my 5 carb lunch!! I've been having turkey or ham with lettuce ( which is a freebee!) on the Joseph's pita, a side of cuke and a few grapes for lunch..tomorrw will be tuna a la lent ( even tho I'm not catholic, I do it for the family, as they are!)...Big glass of water when I walk in the door, and then one with supper. Secret to a good night sleep? No more big glasses after 6:30pm!!
Tonight was Kentucky Fried chicken- only one piece with coleslaw and a side of salad greens.. I suppose I should check the Food guide to see how badly I did, but overall today, I was REAL good. Haven't had a chance to work out since Tuesday, and tonight's not looking real promising either...well, maybe I can lift some weights while I watch TV tonight..I"m not going to sweat it just yet.
I hope all went well with EVERYONE today!!!
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:37 PM   #49  

Default Oh and I forgot to add!!

A warm welcome to EVERBODY in the group! JellyBelly, I'm glad you came on over to join us!!!!! I am also a person who forgets individual stories, maybe cuz I'm missing so much at a time!!! I know we are all going to meet a goal of good healthy weight loss by Fathers' day. Always remember, we didnt' put it all ON in 3 months, we may not take it all OFF in three months, but we sure can give it a run for our money!!!
Old 03-04-2004, 07:58 PM   #50  

Great weight loss Lissandy you must be terribly prould of yourself !!!! I had a really great day at work but when I came home a "friend" came to the door that a couple of weeks ago I saw again for the first time in about a year and a half. The last time I saw her (three weeks ago) she looked at me and said "Dale I didn't want to say anything but you sure chunked up since I saw you last" I was mortified and then she showed up again tonight. I had just exercised and showered and in my favorite granny nightgown which makes me look even bigger!!! I am not officially depressed. I was not very friendly and did not offer her anything to drink or even a seat. I puttered around the kitchen like I was REALLY busy making my daughter's dinner and she left shortly after. Man she makes me mad. This girl used to be really big but developed a huge drug problem and lost it all that way and now she's super skinny. I dont care that she skinny because of how she got there and now her life is in shambles. Maybe that's why she wanted to make me feel bad. She lost her children due to the drug problem and knows that her daughter always wants to be at my house (the father lives on the next street and my daughter and her child are best friends). I guess I shouldn't talk about her but I am really upset that she would be so cruel. Anyway thanks for letting me vent.

I hope you all have a great night and knowing that tomorrows Friday makes me feel better already.

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:24 PM   #51  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 201.1/187/180 by Oct. 31, 2018

Height: 5'4"

Trixi, just a quick checking in....glad to hear that you dealt with your anger by coming here to post instead of reaching for the chips or the cookies!!!! Venting is always healthier than eating away your anger. Shame on your "friend". But, she probably wanted to take you down a chunk so that she could feel better about her miserable life. Skinny isn't everything. A happy home, marriage and children to love are much more important. Chin up!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:36 PM   #52  

Well, looks like I blew it with a 25 carb dinner tonight!! Well, even still, I know I stayed under 40 g of carbs, which according to the book I'm reading, still okay...But I just couldn't cook tonight.

What a terrible thing for your friend to say...must be something in the air. My hubby did a similar thing to me tonight, but it wasn't weight related.

That person is no friend of yours...she's just somebody who WANTS to be a friend and thinks she may be entitled to your friendship because her daughter likes you best!! That person has nothing to be proud of, but you sure do!!
Old 03-04-2004, 08:40 PM   #53  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Default I'd love to join in!

I'm new to the site and registered after reading the FDC thread.

I'm a lifetime WW who has fallen off the wagon. I'm still down a whole bunch of weight from where I started, but it's beginning to creep back. I'm tired of my favorite pants being tight across my hiney and I'm even more tired of listening to myself whine about it!

On Monday, 3/1 I started the program again. I'm doing it from home because I can't find time to attend meetings - this forum and the feeling of accountability is really what I need right now.

My plan:
20 points a day
30 minutes of exercise 5 days per week
jounalling religiously

Sue
CW: 156
FDC goal: 138
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:45 PM   #54  

Default And then there were 11.......

Welcome Mahtha!Yes, you are welcome to join us. I do WW from home too along with low carb. (Actually, I just bought the whole weight watcher's kit from Ebay and use the materials since I was already familiar with how the original "points" worked.) But your plan sounds like a good one. Keep coming here for giving and getting support and you're on your way!

So, is everyone psyched about their upcoming "transformations"? I know I am! Actually, it is a combination of excited, scared, and thrilled!
It is coming back to me, how weight loss changes a lot of things. My fat for me has always been some weird security blanket. I know it sounds
crazy but I think I kind of hide behind it (or vice versa Well, this "blankie" has got to go and I'm ready to part with it! I know I'll be happier, more confident, maybe a little less "needy" of people and more comfortable with myself. All the obvious things but I know there will still be other challenges once I conquer this one. But I'm ready. And if like me, you are the heaviest amongst your girlfriends we may no longer be in a few short months. We will see who is super supportive or on the flipside who is "competitive" which gets interesting. Our wardrobes will be more flexible, (I'm soo looking forward to this!!) And all just in time for Summer! But most importantly, if we do this right we'll all be healthier. I'm so glad you all are here with me.

1CanonGal-45 points is not high at all and I think some people lose on that. Do you have any idea what your "carb" threshold is? I mean the number of
carbs that works for you? I'm finding that at my temporary 25 carbs per day,I'm moderately going thru ketosis. Well, at least that's what the ketostix say! I'm excited about your photojournalism! Maybe we should all take a "before" pic. I'm afraid to see myself in pics though
2LissAndy-Good to see ya' back. Excellent with the 4 lbs!! Looks like some 2 high fives are in order (Please read my post#39!!)
3DewCan-I think once we start really losing, we'll all have the "vibes". Yeah, it's good not to exhaust all your points but I never count my activity points earned so maybe that's my way of staying under. Anyway, sounds like you're doing pretty good!
4AZKitty-Hey girl, I'm sure your doing well out there.
5Trixi-She's just projecting her issues out on you and she's obviously jealous of what you have or why else would she try to get in a hurtful
"jab" like that. You handled it well. Wait 'til she see's you in a few months...
6PatMartin-Wow, way to go! Don't forget to nominate yourself some "smiley" awards!! We're proud of you.
7WaterNymph-You're probably exercising right now! Hang in there girl.
8Jelly-Hey, where's our JellyBelly?
9BoatingMommy-Yeah, I know whatcha mean about Anna Nicole! And she probably earned a couple MORE million endorsing that silly pill she never used
10Mahtha-please read post #39 to see how to award yourself for pounds loss. You're on board!!

Last edited by Hula-Baloo; 03-04-2004 at 10:48 PM. Reason: formatting was way off!
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:18 AM   #55  

Hi everyone!

Its been a busy day. Stayed on program and worked out at Curves. Its funny the last few days I haven't even been hungry, I've been under my daily WW Points. Not sure if this is a good thing as everyone keeps saying you have to eat all your points to lose weight. But how do you eat them all when you just aren't hungry?

Trixi - I know this is probably really bad advise but I'd say be catty right back at her! Tell her about some problem she has. (I'm obviously thinking evil tonight )

Mahtha - Congrats on re-joining WW.

Hula-Baloo - I know just what you mean by the fat being a blanket. The last few years for me have been rough emotionally and it was just easier to be fat.
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:30 AM   #56  

Just checkin in at the end of the night. Had a depressing day....I'm just kind of in a funk. I hate it when that happens.

I went to the gym today, but was sick and tired of it. I didn't do a full work out and of course am kicking myself. Hopefully I am rejuvenated in the morning. I did manage to stay within 1650 calories and burned 300 at the gym.

Hey all.....on Trimspa....have any of you ever tried it? One of my friends used it and lost steadily, so I bought it.....it just seems that any diet pill like that always makes me feel wierd - jumpy...but I can't jump....you know what I mean? The jar just sits in my cubbard now.

Anyhow......I am getting sick and tired of my meals.....so I thought maybe everyone could share their alltime favorite home cooked meal that you do when you are watching your weight and your all time dine-out favorite meal that you eat when you are watching your weight.

For me - for a home cooked meal, it is Jack Daniels (Cal Tailgate) Chile. I made this when on the weightwatchers plan, so all I have right now are points....I need to convert back to calories. I thought I would share anyway. It's my mom's recipe and I LOVE it.

Cal Tailgate Chile

WW POINTS® value | 5
Servings | 20

main meals |

Ingredients

2 pounds cooked (93%) lean ground beef
2 small onion(s) chopped OR 1 bag frozen chopped onions
2- 1 pound canned diced tomatoes with juice
1- 14 pound canned (Contadina)tomato paste
2 packages McKormick or Schilling (BRAND VERY IMPORTANT) Regular (not hot or mild) Chili Seasoning Mix
12 oz olive(s) drained (I either buy small or buy large and cut into halves)
1- 14 oz canned kidney beans and juice
2-14 oz cans pinto beans (one with juice and one drained (cuts down on the fart factor(I don't even know hot to spell that word )
1/4 cup whiskey (Gotta be Jack Daniels!)
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 tsp table salt
1 tsp black pepper

Brown the ground beef and onions and then dump everything into a large crockpot. Stir it up and put it on high until it boils (you can do this in the morning when you are getting ready). Then turn it to low and simmer for 6 hours. Stir Occaisionally (you don't have to if you are at work). Voila. I top with soup crackers and 2% cheddar (but this obvioulsy adds points). Be careful on the JD ( 1/4 cup is perfect). Also, you can always add more chile powder later. Test it before serving.

As for dining out: It's gotta be Rubios chicken Healthmex burrito topped with salsa.......YUMMY!

Anyway - I would love some of your ideas...I am SOOOOOOOOOO sick of chicken.

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

I also wanted to welcome Mantha. I am so glad we all have eachother to share on this journey.

Canongal - I also love the idea of a picture diary and would love to know more about how you are doing that if you would like to share.

Hula Baloo - I dream about my transformation. I dream of the days when I could wear all the cute clothes and just can't wait to be "hot" and today I feel so "NOT" - not "hot". I feel ignored. It will be scary when I am transformed, but the confidence will feel good. I have not looked people in the eye for so long because I am so ashamed of myself. Just to be able to be nice and not angry at everyone else for my fat (when it's really me I am mad at)will be nice.

To everyone else.....sounds like you are all doing fairly well out of the gate. I only hope I can keep up....Correction...I will keep up! .

Till tomorrow.
Kitty

Last edited by AZKitty; 03-06-2004 at 03:48 PM.
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:34 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

I'd love to join you gals on the Father's Day Challenge. I lost 45 lbs, but have gained at least 10 back and I can no longer button my pants! Plus I'd like to lose another 10 after that. I was doing so well, and then stress reared it's ugly little head. I've got to get back to the basics... exercise, drink my water and stop eating! You all sound so motivated. I think this is just the group I need.
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:36 AM   #58  

We welcome you [email protected]!
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:05 AM   #59  

A quick good morning, as the school system needs me yet again today..AZ Kitty, you just keep coming here for support..we wil be here for you. I will see if I can find some recipes for you.. As for me, I eat the 'usual' stuff while I'm counting carbs my way, but avoid anything starchy like corn, potatoes, rice, breads, etc. I am currently using a low carb pita bread for sandwiches. Bulk up on alot of greens, that helps fill the hole and not give you calories!!!! I will catch you all tonight!!
Old 03-05-2004, 09:51 AM   #60  

Good Morning everyone..I feel much better today. ITS FRIDAY!!!!!

AZKitty...I know exactly how you feel and I am sure everyone one else who has made a committment to do this challenge has gone through the same thing. Keep at it and it will pay off. Once you notice a difference your confidence will soar. I am not sure if you like fish but my new favorite meal is Salmon fillet topped with a few shrimp cooked in lemon and Vegeta spice in the oven (covered) for 30 minutes. I eat with buttered (just alittle) asparagus and I swear when I eat it I feel like I am cheating cause its sooooooo yummy. Theres no dryness that comes with chicken if its not perfect. I hope this one helps!!! I eat butter cause besides that salmon is the only fat I get and I am a firm believer that ones needs a little fat to stay healthy.

Last night after I posted I did not reach for the chips and cookies (only cause I dont like them) but rather had 3 beers.... bad trixi! Afterwards I just had a tummy ache was was super tired so I got no enjoyment out of it. Maybe that will help keep me away from the temptation this weekend.

I hope you all have a great day and will post more tonight.
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote