Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-08-2004, 08:42 AM   #91  

Good Morning Everybody!!!! What a weekend!! We were so busy with 'stuff', we didn't have time for sit down meals, but at least we went low carb. Entering into week 3 today..toasted with coffee this morning. I love having this 'little secret' from my Mom.
I can't believe how fast this group has grown..It's great to have so much support when we need it!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

JellyBelly- did you have your cake? We have a birthday party to go to this weekend..it will be nice to be able to have a small piece! I'm a serious carb addict, but I have found that after a couple of weeks, you kind of really get 'into' it, and you start to miss them less, or if I do 'cave', it is only one chip or two (no potato chips- right now all I dare have in the house is Tortilla chips!), just enough to satisfy the desire.

I have to recommend the new low carb ice cream by Breyers.. It is very smooth. We tried strawberry last week, maybe I will try chocolate next time we go shopping...
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:06 AM   #92  

Default Good Monday 3/8 morning to Everyone!!

Had my weigh-in today and I'm now down 3 more lbs. I'm really happy and feeling good. I havn't got any carb cravings and I'm so focused.

Eating my 20-25 grams of carbs daily and trying, trying to drink my water. Hope everyone else is doing well too.

Begin wt.=261
Current wt.=194
Goal wt.=140

Good Day!
PATMARTINBRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:16 AM   #93  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Yeeeehaaaahhh!!! The scale finally budged, just a bit, but it did budge! Instead of 182 it said 180.5. Only a pound and a half....but that's progress, no matter how small!

Trixi, I notice you and I are at almost the same weight. Let's go girl!!! We can do this! You are probably right about seeing the change in body before scale changes. I have been doing a light weight aerobic workout and can feel that my body is firming up. Just wish the pounds would come off a little faster for encouragement. Well, I am doing all I can for now.

Hula, way to go with 5 pounds. I always think of a 5 lb bad of potatos. You know how heavy one is to carry around the grocery store? Amazing to think that you've lost a whole bag!!!! How much less your body is carrying around! Good for you !
PatMB- You aren't too far behind Hula. 3 lbs is excellent!
Dena - you must have great will power to go out and eat and keep to your plan. Send some of those "will power vibes" my way.

Well, I hope everyone has a great monday and stays on plan!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:04 AM   #94  

WAY TO GO Boatingmommy!!!!! and PATMB!!!! Everyone is doing great so far.

Happy Monday all. Just a quick note cause I am at work. Down another pound this morning and there will be NOOOOO alcohal this week for me at all. Next weeks challenge is going to be Decafe all the way...

Hope you all have a great day and will check in tonight.

Boatingmommy...we are almost the same....its great to take a journey with someone in the same BOAT as you (hehe)

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:35 AM   #95  

GoodMorning!

Checking in real quick for this morning. My weight is holding at a two lb loss.

Congratulations to all the LOSERS!! Way to Go!!!

I'll be back later today. Gotta Run.
CanonGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 02:27 PM   #96  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Good News/Bad News...

I lost 4 pounds this week but found out my scale is off by 5 so I'm a pound above where I started!

Oh well....just keep plugging! I've kept OP and done some sort of exercise every day so eventually I'll get there.

There are so many success stories here, I continue to be inspired by all the posts. WAY TO GO GANG!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 05:32 PM   #97  

Default 15 little weeks to go...

Hey Everyone!
I'm so mad, I just typed pretty much a novel here and bam-my computer freezes and I lose everything!

Oh well, the long and short of it! Congrats to EVERYONE on their successes. You're MY inspiration. And ya' know 15 weeks is not that long, considering what we're getting in return. I really believe we were all meant to stumble upon this website and challenge for a reason.

I will type more later but know that I'm happy for everyone, and of course proud of ya' guys.

Inspiration (song) of the day:

"The waiting is the hardest part...."
~Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 05:36 PM   #98  

congratulations on all the losses - I love the image of a 5 pound bag of potatoes. My dh pulls out the butter packages - each one is a pound so it can add up fast.

On that scale problem - it really doesn't matter if the scale is off if you keep weighing on the same one - the loss will be good so if you started off on the scale you still have lost.

Kudos to the person going off caffiene - I just can't do without it, esp when I am not eating sweets - so I try to limit it to about 2 or 3 a day - coffee or diet coke, etc.

My problem is I get on, get off, get on, get off of the scale. I think I keep hoping if I exhale enough it will go down LOL

Anyway this is day 4 for me and this group really has me pumped - 3 days in a row of sticking to something is good for me. I am aiming to make it the whole week!! I did my journalling, my ex-tapes, and eating OK. Weather is sunny but breezy so I think I will talk DH into a walk when he gets home.

Here's to a good evening and staying on track.
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:04 PM   #99  

Mahtha, I am also in Central Mass..! Don't worry about your scale being off- as long as you use the same one for weigh ins every week, you will be fine!! My scale is also off according to the Dr.'s office, but I like mine better!!!

My problem is now staying OFF the scale! I'm weighing myself almost every morning now..quite a change from just LOOKING at it all these years!! I will probably do a weigh in tomorrow tho and stay off until next Monday.

only 16 weeks till Father's day? Hmmm..wonder if I can be 30 lbs lighter by then? Wouldn't THAT be cool!!! You all have certainly given me something to look forward to!

I made my husband laugh the other night... I said, "Look Honey, My overhang is going away!!" The good news is, HIS is TOO!! He's really the one that started the ball rolling on this low carb program, I"m just the one who keeps us to it! ( although the raviolis the kids had tonight looked AWFUL TEMPTING until I read the carb count per serving! YIKES!)

I figure we are averaging about 25-30 carb grams a day, I"m not keeping an exact count, but based upon the labels I've been reading, we are in pretty decent shape!!

Trixie- Instead of grabbing the cold beer, try a nice icy cold glass of water- I know it's not the same, but we all know how important water is in our weight loss goals!
I think I"m averaging about 80oz's when I"m home, If I'm working for the day, I have to take it easy or I run into trouble in the kids classes!!!! I never know when I am going to get a break, so it's easier to have the big glass as soon as I walk in the door, and then have at least one more before supper, and then one with our meal. By 7pm I've got my quota!!
Old 03-08-2004, 09:47 PM   #100  

Good evening everyone!!!! Thanks for the Kudos DeenieD but your a little early thats next weeks challenge...right now I have about four cups a day with the last one being decafe and its going to be hard...Its about 9:30 and I have not reached for the beer...I am going to make it after all (my Mary Tyler Moore impression).

Busy night at home. Made homemade stew for my daughter and mother (did that smell good) which my fiance hates, so we made him a Pizza with extra cheese and pepperoni (did that smell even better) and I had my wonderfully exciting chicken breast in tomatoes..blahhhhh. I think I had enough carbs just by sticking my nose in the thing and taking a big whiff....That's what I like to do, just smell everything...Once I was out somewhere and went up to a complete stranger and asked if I could smell her fries and gravy!!

Feeling very OP tonight...exercised, had tons of water and no beer!! I don't count my carbs cause I don't get to eat any of the ones worth counting...sniff. The only carbs I get are from the veggies and even those I only eat certain kinds...no carrots, peas, or corn. I do count my protien which I make sure I eat enough everyday. I hate sweets so that makes it easier for me I can't even stand the sweetness of certain fruits. Well thats me in a nutshell..

I agree with everyone that if you weigh yourself on the same scale than the loss is the same...I would keep that scale its being nice to you by erasing five pounds. Just imaging you will be five pounds underweight when you reach your goal and the doctor will tell you you have to lose weight.

I am getting people at work asking me if I have lost weight...I say I am trying and they turn around and say I can see it in your face...like what was I before one big fatface? very confusing. ummmm

Well I hope everyone had a great day and talk to you tomorrow!!!!

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:53 PM   #101  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Default Revenge of the Fatfaces Part1

Makes for a really bizarre movie title, doesn't it. I had to laugh Trixi, when you said they see it in your face. I must be a total fatface myself. The first thing that I notice when I start to lose weight is that my face gets thinner almost instantly. Not my big fat butt, like I would hope, but my face. I have this fear that my head and face are slowly shrinking and the rest of me will stay the same. I will look like big game hunter at the end of Beetlejuice. Itty bitty head, big body! YIKES!!!

Oh, let's not talk about the beer. I have the annual St. Patrick's party down on the Landing in St. Louis on Saturday. I am scared to death that I'll drink too much, which leads to eating too much....which spells DISASTER!!! We always have a great time and three or four other couple always go. We've got a room at the downtown Marriot. Can't wait, but I do so want to be good! I am really talking myself into it...gotta keep the good diet vibes going!

Hula, can't tell you how many times in the past I have totally wiped out a good screen full of me rambling on and on, only to have clumsy fingers erase it all in a second. My sympathy to you, cause I know it BITES!

Hey, don't know if you gals like to grill, but I did one of my favorites tonight. Made chicken kabobs. Marinated the chicken in Light Done Right Italian dressing. Made some skewers with fresh mushrooms, winter squash, zuchini, and boiled potatoes. I use the canned potatos, then nuke the squash and zuchini for a couple of minutes to soften them up. Let them marinade for half a day and then grill. Ooolala! Yummy!

Well, it is late and my house is covered in drywall dust. Lucky me! Get to paint the new bathroom tomorrow night. How many calories does that burn. Alot, I hope.

Skinny dreams to you all, and to all a good night!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:25 PM   #102  

Well....Hula....I just experienced it. I typed a message to all of you and my computer crashed as I was going to preview it - bye bye data. Grrrrrrrr.

Well BIG congrats to all the losers! Bet you never thought you would be congratulated for being a loser........(just kidding...you know what I mean ).

Well, I had a good weekend. I stayed on plan and worked out.......then there is today........Ugh.

Today I traveled. I did good this morning and even got in my personal training session before I flew out......but tonight in my hotel room...I am afraid I blew it. I ordered a small ceasar salad and 1 appetizer crabbed stuft prawn. I know I am over on calories. The salad was large and I ate the whole thing. The prawn...you should have seen this sauce. Ugh...I blew it.

This is the first time I have traveled since I gave up alcohol for lent and I struggled with that all afternoon....oh how I wanted a glass of wine. I love a glass of wine when I am traveling and when I got to my hotel room overlooking the ocean, a chardoney sounded sooo good. I refrained. I did not drink. I guess that is the good thing....and at least I did not drink and eat...right? Gotta look at the bright side.

Well, I am going to head to bed as I have a busy day of meetings and a late night flight tomorrow to Seattle. I am in San Diego tonight and it is GORGEOUS!

Again, KUDOS to the losers! For those who didn't - hang in there - it will come.

I am supposed to weigh in on Wednesday, but I will have to weigh in Thursday as I am not home until then.

hugs and purrrrrrs.
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:14 AM   #103  

My double chin is the first thing that goes away too. I actually LIKE it..at least it's something I can SEE on a daily basis, and it makes me feel good!!

I am 'ouncing' towards the 6 pound loss mark..slowly, slowly, slowly..but that is still okay- and totally in tune with my loss per week challenge ( 2 lbs). This is week 3 of my low carb my way plan. Last night we had italian sausages that were cooked in sauce- the kids had the ravioli, and we all had a big salad. I figure it this way, the girls are also learning that life can exist on something OTHER than potatos and rice!!

We went to Wendy's over the weekend..I am totally proud that I didn't snitch ONE fry!!!

Trixie, I picked up a book when I started this weight loss.. It's a book on low carb dieting.. It gives you great ideas of what to eat, how to prepare them, etc. I have tried some of the recipes and they're pretty good! The name of the book is the 30 day Low carb Diet Solution by Michael and Mary Eades, M.D. I have referenced it quite often for ideas, and to see what is considered 'safe'. I think I play it to the extreme, but that's okay for me right now. It gives you protein sizes, carb suggestions ( and how much you can eat of them and stay 'safe' based upon what you should be eating to lose weight) and alot of 'it's okay' stuff.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:42 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Good Morning!!
I just came back from a brisk walk, and it's an absolutely gorgeous day out. I feel goooood. I really love this challenge, and you gals are really helping me stay on my toes. Just like everyone else, I want to stay strong for our group. I don't dare get on the scale, because I'm a slow loser and I love this feeling of strength. Sometimes that scale can make me say to heck with it all. So for now I've hidden it away in the closet where I can't see it.

AZKitty, I think you did a great job considering you are on the road!! Keep up the great work! I'm super impressed with you not drinking wine and staying strong for Lent. Before our challenge, I tried to give up in-between meals for Lent and I was strong for a week and then couldn't do it anymore. I felt so defeated and bad. So super kudos to you for staying strong!

Boatingmommy, those kabobs sound yummy. You'll be burning tons of cals painting. Have fun today. Thank you for saying I have will power, but sometimes I wonder if I do. You gals are my support. And just like everyone else here, I don't want to blow it because of our group.

Trixi, I know what you mean about losing weight in the face first. That's the first place I lose. My hips are always last to lose.

Hula, I hate that when I lose the message I'm about to send. I've done that a few times, where I've written to everyone just to lose it all. It's totally frustrating.

Congratulations to all losers this week. Wow how many pounds is that total? A lot!!! Let's keep at it.
Dena

Last edited by Den@; 03-09-2004 at 11:45 AM.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:17 PM   #105  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi Lissandy, I wonder how close we are!

I've had another good day. We had snow here yesterday which killed my motivation to walk, so I dragged out my rowing machine and did that for some exercise instead of blowing it off altogether - something I would have done without hesitation in the past.

Dinner was late last night because I spent too much time at the paint store choosing colors for my weekend project. Instead of eating 1/2 a box of Cheez-Its, I had some carrot sticks and another glass of water while I waited for dinner to finish up. Fortunately, dinner was worth the wait!

I'm finding I do OK when I plan menus ahead, but I just started dating somone recently and we're not yet to that "let's hang out together" stage so when we see each other it tends to be for dinner or drinks. The drink part is OK since we always pick someplace with a great band and do a lot of dancing, but the dinner part has been tough to stay OP. Good choices. Make good choices...

I think the biggest advantage to all of this has been my childrens' awareness of eating habits. D13 is on the heavy side, and I notice she is much more aware of nutritional content and making much better choices about eating. That alone is worth the effort.

Thanks again for the continued inspiration. WE can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote