Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-23-2004, 08:33 PM   #241  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Default Where, oh where has my previous post gone???

Hey, I checked in here earlier and typed a post and I came back to check things out and couldn't find my post??? Wonder what caused that. Oh well.

Just got done doing the Mina Lessig "Strength and Grace" fitness tape. That kicks my butt everytime. I am getting to where I can do the whole tape without stopping at a few of the harder sections and watching while I pant in misery. That's progress. I really like this tape if anyone is looking for something different. It combines classic yoga postures with some pilates. I can feel the changes it is making in my stomach muscles (something I forgot I had).

I'd love to stay and chat, but I have a ton of things to do around the house.

Everyone have a good day tomorrow.
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:52 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Just wanted to post that I had a good day today. I just came back from the gym, where I got on the treadmill for 40 minutes, did the elliptical for 10 minutes,then some machines. I also drank my 8+ glasses of water. Friday better show a loss!
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:59 PM   #243  

Disney? New York? New Master bath? Swimming pool?!!! I am feeling deprived!!! Me hear stuck in the Cold Canadian weather working eleven hours and eating rabbit food!!! Just kidding All things considering I had a pretty good day. Gots lots of work done and don't feel so overwhelmed now. I didn't eat my dinner at work so I just finished and it's almost ten...bad trixi

Day 2 of no alcohal and 12 more to go.....I feel pretty good about it so far.

Hula I am so glad you back and hey for the amount of fun you had what's a couple of pounds now that your back...I missed you tons!!! Even a little worried that you didn't post on Monday. But I am a freak like that. It's good to know your raring to get back on track.

Boatingmommy sounds like you had a full weekend. I would love to be able to have my bathroom done but we are renting this house right now and it's just not worth it. Can I come over? That exercise you talked about sounds great. My mother is actually moving out of the apartment in the basement and we are going to turn it into a workout / recreation / storage apartment so I can do my exercise in the mornng and not have to kick anyone out of my bedroom cause I am too embarassed, so I will have more time to work out. I think I will look into that one. Going to one day actually try the pilates dvd I bought about three weeks ago. Still getting use to the 3 mile WATP

Canongal - glad your feeling better and please lay it on us anytime that's what were here for right? I know I have done my share of venting to you guys.

Hot_mamma - whats going to be your weigh in day so we can see all the awards your gonna get? The advise you gave eariler is great and keep it coming.

Scale is moving slowly for me as well and it can be very discouraging especially on workout days....I am trying to stay off of it or just before I get on I feel my smaller hips and then notice my tummy looks flatter and then whatever the scale says I don't care (unless of coarse it's a loss). I am just gonna keep on moving and eventually the scale will move with me. I tried to post my pics but I am computer dumb and didn't want our IT at work to see how awful I look (yet I am going to post them on the internet...hmmm) so I didn't ask him for help.

Have a wonderful night everyone.

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:34 PM   #244  

Just checking in - it's been a crazy day. Tomorrow is weigh in. I kept the pounds off today...but who knows with that crazy scale - only good thoughts....it's just hours away.

I worked out today, but was too exhausted after weights to do my normal cardio - not sure what was going on there.

Trixi - I will be coming up to enjoy some of your lovely weather on April 13th. My headquarters is in Toronto and we are having our regular pow wow. Perhaps I can bring you Canadians some sunshine, ehy? ;-).

Well - more in the morning....Oh please scale, be nice!
hugs and purrs,
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:00 AM   #245  

Hot mama - thanks for the advice. Right now I am doing Joyce Vedral tapes with 2, 3, and 5 lb weights - upper MWF and lower T, Th and then trying to walk for an hour 4 days a week. WA weather doesn't always cooperate though!

I really cut the calories and then the last few days I have been up at 1500 - my parents came for dinner today (stir fry) and I did well, but ate more than I wanted and am very full.

Do you stay at a particular calorie level or did you mean to vary the calorie level day to day?

The scale has been stuck at the same number for 10 days! I am one of those people who (even though official weigh is is Fri) weigh daily and hardly ever change from am to pm - I carry very little water weight.

I am sure open to advice and hope someone can help me feel motivated - I think that is what is the first to go when the scale doesn't move!

Welcome to the newbies
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 05:11 AM   #246  

Trixie: I will have Friday be my weigh in day.

Deenie: I heard of a trick to dieting although i am sure it isn't too healthy in the long run and i have never tried it the theory sounds right. It takes 3 days for your body to go into starvation mode so eat 2 days at you low low level and then the third day eat about 2000 calories as sort of a reset button. Who knows, it sounds good but I try to make a change that I will be able to stick to.
Multiply your body weight by 15 and it is how many calories your body is using to maintain your weight. Since 3500 calories is a pound adjust your calorie intake accordingly

I am up a pound this morning. I have done so well that I know it isn't my eating or exercise causing it. I need to stop weighing myself every morning! I also have a cheap scale that goes by full pounds only and I need to invest in a decent one, maybe the body fat scale

Good job everyone!
hot_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:36 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Good morning!

Just wanted to pop in and say...I've lost nothing! I seem to be stuck for the last two weeks. I was getting discouraged, but it seems as though my skin is getting tighter! I think my body has taken a break for my skin to catch up!

Anyway, just wanted to say I feel your pain Deenie! Have a great day!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:01 AM   #248  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Just got done doing the first 30 minutes of the Emergency Workout tape. Boy am I a sweaty mess! But I feel good about getting it done. Kiddo is still sleeping, for a few more minutes anyways.

My scale is stuck, too. I have been at 177. for the past week or so. I know how everyone else is feeling. It is so much more rewarding if the numbers are heading downward. But, I am not going to be discouraged and do something stupid to sabotage my work! I am SUPERWOMAN and I will overcome the Evil Food Demons, kick the butts of the Wicked Workout Woes, mangles the....well you guys get the point. I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!!

Uh oh, the child has emerged at the bottom of the stairs...time to step into "MommyMode".

Be good to yourselves!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:43 AM   #249  

Default Gong on a second yukky no loss week....

Well, this is getting frustrating. I have tried to add a few more carbs into my diet ( up from 40/day) and the scale is frozen. Is it due to TOM, the exercise program, the moon? So this morning, I took a GOOD look at myself. Now, I still have a long way to go, but I stood in front of the mirror this morning and tried to find something positive...Lets see, the roll under the bra line is smaller..well, that's good. Lets see how last years suit looks...Well, the waist is smaller, but now I have umbrella hips..gonna have to work on that. Lets look at my face..double chin is gone....I don't have to be careful about how I position head to make sure I don't have an extra one....Legs...well, they've always looked awful..no such thing as not touching at the top in THIS house... maybe a million leg lifts and a butcher knife.....got a needle and thread around here somewhere....

Lets get dressed..well, don't have to SSSSTTTRREEETTCCHHHH anymore to button my jeans...the belly shelf doesn't show as much, they fit much better now....

So guys, when you start to get discouraged, REALLY take a good look at yourself...you will see that it IS working, just not as quickly as most of us would like. Keep in mind it didn't take us just 16 weeks to put it on..it's gonna take some time to take it off and KEEP it off.

Okay,my words of wisdom for the day.. I"m going to have a glass of water now...!!!
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:11 AM   #250  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Another OP day for me!

You guys are the best! I've kept within my points, made sure to drink all my water, and done my WATP faithfully. I'm not seeing the scale move like I wished, but I noticed this morning my yoga pants fit like yoga pants again rather than leggings! WOO HOO!

I pulled out a pair of shorts I really like and have decided to use those as my motivation. My goal is to be able to wear those this summer AND FEEL GOOD IN THEM. I'll try them on every week or so and I think the changes in the way they fit will really keep me moving even if the scale isn't showing me what I want to see.

I'm having a house full of company tonight (long story) with lots of wine and appetizers. I've made my meal plan for the day, saved some points for munchies, and decided which appetizers (and how many) I can have tonight. Weeks ago this would have been really difficult for me - now I realize how little time it will take to backslide and I'M NOT GOING THERE.

Congrats to all for working toward personal goals and many thanks for the constant support and motivation from you all.
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:15 AM   #251  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Well I spoke too soon last night. I thought I had a good day, exercised and everything. Plopped in front of the tv and started overeating! What's up with that? Naturally I'm up a pound. This morning I started scrambling through all my diet stuff to see which diet could lead me on the straight and narrow... My old ww stuff, count cals, watch portions or just not eat? I get so discouraged when I goof everything up.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:02 AM   #252  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Wink

Good morning ladies

Lissandy, you are a riot. Gave me a laugh with questioning the moon for the scale being stuck The butcher knife idea is always floating around in my head too Although I always think of my waist for that, but upper thighs would be good too I think I need to get really drunk to numb the pain and then the stitching wouldn't be that bad. It's wonderful that you are seeing changes, so motivating. But I don't see changes in me yet, and that makes me a bit sad I have that same belly shelf and it's not getting smaller. I've been buying smaller jeans but I can't wear them yet and I refuse to buy more big clothes.

Sue, planning ahead like that is the only way to do it. I plan ahead for popcorn nights, I'd be sad if I couldn't have snacks with Survivor. You can always use some flexpoints or activity points tonight as well. All that cleaning you're probably going ot do before your guests get there is worth a few AP

Dena, don't get too discouraged, I'm sure most is water weight form your extra snacking yesterday. And you don't goof up everything !!!!! You didn't eat all day and you exercised, sounds to me like your doing somethings right You're also trying and that is worth lots!!! I do have to tell you that I do the same thing, I can be doing great and then 5 minutes later hunting for something to eat, and it's not fruit and veggies, always cookies and other cr*p. Then of course I feel like sh*t when i've eaten it, then debate on becoming bulemic, decide against it, feel sad, eat more. A bad cycle. I like WW because I can save points for the evening when I watch tv and use flexpoints for going out, but you have to decide what you can stick with for a plan. I need structure.

HotMama, getting on the scale everymorning is a habit I used to have, now I weigh once a week, eat similar that day, dress sort of the same, and weigh in the evening. I think it's more accurate. Who knows...I just know that I can be obsessive about it. Although if the small ups don't depress you, you can use daily weigh ins as motivation to work harder, works for some. Don't worry about the small up, it's probably only 0.2 pounds and just made the number round up instead of down.

Dale, you are doing so well, 16 pounds lost this challenge, you are amazing How are you doing it? 2 days alcohol free, you can do it

To all those whose scale is stuck, it will move soon!! Don't give up. Mine was stuck for a few weeks and then I lost almost 3 last week. I used to say that you're probably getting smaller and you should measure to see that changes are happening even though the scale isn't moving, but I don't know about that anymore. I'm depressed about the whole measurements thing.

Okay, I'm stressing, I have now lost 20 pounds and remeasured. Compared to what I was 20 pounds ago, my numbers have barely budged. What is up with that? That is why I can't see my weight loss and don't feel any different. This is very discouraging!!!!! I have only lost 1.8" in my waist. No wonder I think I still look 6 months pregnant. The biggest number difference was my thigh at 2.4" loss and my rib cage (gotta measure that back fat somehow ) 2.4" loss. I think it's all sliding down into my waist I guess I was expecting to lose more in the waist and hips. I have a big belly and hate it.

I have a few questions for you, how many inches should I expect to have lost after 20 pounds, anyone else take measurements? And how do you count inches lost? I see posts where people have lost 4 inches or 11inches, how do they add that up? Just wondering.
Well should go... Have a wonderful day all,
Diana

Last edited by DewCan; 03-24-2004 at 11:06 AM.
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:33 AM   #253  

Talking

Good morning all! I lost 2.5 pounds this week....Yahoooooooo!!!! I totally understand the thread this morning though because I was stuck for weeks it seemed while all of you were losing.

The thing that kept me motivated was the same as Lissandy said....a pair of shorts. I also use a measuriing tape and the mirror (and of course....all of you ).

We can't get discouraged by these darned numbers because things will readjust in the body and sometimes it takes a while to show up . A little extra salt, not enough water after excercise...these things all make us hold water. Also, dieting makes you hold more water. Your body is like ...."wait just a minute here.......I better hold on to everything I can to keep things functioning"......anyway. I totally relate.

hot mama - what you heard does have some merit - at least, this is what I read. In the Body for Life challenge, you basically eat a bit less than your basal metobolic rate all but one day a week. On the other day, you eat absolutely anything you want. Now although you do not actually starve yourself the other days, you do go below the calories that your body requires to function properly which is a form of starvation. But the idea is the same. The seventh day, your body gets "reset".

DewCan - Do you realize how much 1 " lost is - It's amazing!!!!!! 8 pounds is one dress size - typically speaking (if you are not losing too fast and not just losing water weight). And 2.4 inches off of a thigh is incredible!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!

Everyone loses inches differently. I melt down from the face first - to my toes. So face, boobs and arms are the first to go ( a bit frustrating when I am looking for those inches in my lower half)....but, I have lost 1 inch off of my hips, 1 inch off each thigh about .75 inches from my waste, 2 inches from my boobs and I have dropped at least one pant size........that's not a lot of inches from my lower half, so you are doing TERRIFIC!

In terms of how others are measuring their inches lost, typically it depends what they are adding up. What I do is every other week, I measure bust, one upper arm, waist, hip, saddle (I measure this because I think I have saddle bags), upper thigh and calf. I log these in a spreadsheet and tally up the inches of each measurement at the end of the column. then I know over time how many total inches I have lost. Some people just measure bust, waist and hips....it just depends.

Anyway, have a great day everyone.....next week, you all will be the big losers and I will probably be stuck, but the good thing is we are all progressing!!!!! And THAT, my dear chickies is what matters!
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:43 AM   #254  

DeenieD – I know this is really easy to say and hard to believe but try not to worry about the scale and do other things to mark your progress. Try measuring yourself and see if you’ve lost inches. The weight will come off, it just doesn’t seem to happen as quickly as we’d like it too

Mahtha – congratulations! Sounds like you’re doing everything right. I can’t seem to try on smaller clothing because I’m afraid they wont fit I have to get over that.

Den@ - One meal didn’t make you overweight and one meal isn’t going to blow your diet. Try to get right back on track today and last night wont even show up on the scale.

DewCam – I’ll try to post my last measurements from Curves tonight and show you how the inches add up 

I had a very good morning, the scale actually moved 3 pounds! I’ve now lost a total of 22.5 pounds since I started WW 11 weeks ago and 10 pounds since I started the challenge. Even tho I was hoping this would all go slightly faster I’m still pretty proud of myself.
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:45 AM   #255  

Diana,

You've lost HUGE!!! Think about it- Add all the losses to get your total..arms, bust, waist, thighs, hips.

My biggest problem is my belly9well,...only ONE of my big problems!)..gotta do torso curls to get rid of it-need to tighten up the stretched muscles from being preggers, or from too much belly.

I do a twenty minute workout with Tony Little 3 times a week (well, Friday will make it 3 times this week)..It's one of his older tapes..abdominal toning and reduction. I work with him to the intermediate level, then while I "wait' for him to finish advanced training I do leg toning exercises and upper body exercises with 2 lb weights.
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote