Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2004, 04:05 PM   #226  
Jedi

Oh my! So much has happened since I logged on last. I was gone for the entire weekend so I haven't had a chance to peek in. I stopped nursing my baby as of Friday morning at 9:00 so it has also been a very painful weekend as well. Which certainly meant no working out since I could barely move. I'm sure my weight is waaay up just because of the "extra" in my chest. Maybe it will go down once I'm all dried up. What is bothering me most though is my knees. Maybe it is from not working out for two years and then jumping into it full throttle but I can barely walk. I haven't worked out since last Tuesday. I was hoping that they would feel better but they only have gotten worse. Any suggestions on what is going on and what I can do about it? I don't really feel like I'm doing very well unless I'm going to the gym. Very frustrated and very much in pain. - HELP!
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 05:13 PM   #227  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm still here!

Howdy gals! Gosh, so much reading to catch up on after not checking in since Saturday morn. There is so much going on with everybody. I was in the final stages of finishing up the new bathroom (we gutted and remodeled/enlarged our master bath the past 6 weeks, for those who are coming in late.) I got towels, towel bars, soap dishes....all the expensive little crap that you think you have to have!

Trixie - I am so happy for you! New clothes, in a SMALLER size, are sooooo much fun. And a night full of compliments to boot...YOU GO GIRL!!!

Hot Mama - You motivate us...we'll do our best to motivate you. That's what this is all about. No judgement calls....just support and friendship.

Mahtha - from everything I've read and studies 2 pounds a week is the healthiest way to lose it... and also have a better chance a keeping it off it you do it safely, which unfortunatly means slowly sometimes. I know it's frustrating, but chin up! It's gonna happen!

AZ - Good thing these computers don't teleport people yet. I'd have been beside you at the pool. I would have made you look really good cause I am super pasty white at this time of year. NEED SUN!!!

Cannon - Honey, everyone gets depressed. Vent, go ahead. Get it out. Then put a smile on your face. We're here for ya.

Den@ - Sounds like you are doing great. I loved the flowers - kinda "spingish". Glad the hubby is better and sounds like you are heading down the right path.

Well, I have got to go get the kiddo! I promise to check in later and see what everyone else is doing!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 06:24 PM   #228  

Talking

Jessica,
How old is your baby? Weaning is HARD and painfull! Good luck! When I weaned my daughter weight melted off of me like butter! I have never been able to lsoe weight while nursing though (I know it is the opposite normally). i think for me nursing I was/am always hungry and it drains me physically so I have no energy for weightloss.

I don't know who the previous poster was talking about WATP but i am laughing right now!
I had never heard of it and saw it the other day and bought it and I LOVE IT!
With 3 kids under 5 (and 2 under 2 ) I have a hard time fitting in working out at home but 15 minutes at a time is sooo doable! I am trying to do the one mile 2x a day or the 2 mile once a day. I pair that with walking or running for 15-30 minutes outside (although it is 7 degrees here...back to the single digits )

Sorry anyone i missed but it will take me a while to hget that hang of the board

I had a decent day except that my children are driving me absolutely crazy!!!!! We went on vacation to Disney and got back last week and I have regained ZERO control over them! They are off schedules and it is catching up to all of us...so I don't feel bad about the chocolate cake I ate. I had about 1/2 a normal slice when normally feeling this stressed I would have had at least 3 pieces.
AND I left one bite on my plate just so I could know that I could do it
Cheesy I know!!!!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome

Do you all have challenges each week or weigh ins?

Jenn
hot_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 07:47 PM   #229  

I was getting discouraged - seems like I am doing the right things - exercise (walking and weights), better eating (about 1000 cal and mostly cutting out junk food) and the scale hasn't budged. I know this about myself - I really want to see quick results! LOL

Glad to see you joined us Jenn

congratulations to all the losers this week - my dh keeps telling me at least I didn't gain!

see you all tomorrow
I can't remember who said they had it but honey garlic chicken breast sounds yummy
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:16 PM   #230  

Good evening everyone...glad to see you all back.

I think most of you are feeling exactly the same way I was last week until I finally measured myself...(I don't have the TOM excuse...just your usual case of depression) I hope it all picks up for you really soon. Try to tell yourself that at least you are doing something and everyday that you do is another day you didn't allow yourself to gain.

I know about wanting to see results fast...I wanna wake up tomorrow skinny and with a boob lift!!!! Oh shoot I forgot to scan my pics...

I was soooooo busy at work all day I never did eat my oatmeal and had to chow down my lunch... the chicken wasn't so bad. It was not dripping in honey garlic. Just a brand with the flavour so I can add more calories but not too many Tonight dinner was halbut and green beans.... congrats on getting more fish!!!!!

Well my neice just showed up to wish Shawn a happy b-day so I gotta go for now....

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 12:41 AM   #231  
Lynnda Maree

Smile Fathers Day Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hula-Baloo
I'm starting a 16-week program ending Father's Day. Anyone is welcome to join me if you are interested in starting a serious program and losing weight by 6/20/04. I'm planning on shedding 40 pounds!!!!

Come join, post, vent, or see my progress! Either way, I'm doing this!
Hello, my name is Linda and I just joined this site today. I would love to join your Fathers Day Challenge. I started eating healthy on the 18th of Feb this year and have lost a total of 11.5 pounds. I follow the WW plan on my own, I do the points and I count calories, fat gms, and fiber. I journal on a daily basis. I have to, otherwise the food will sneak up on you. I mean every little bite. So please send me the information I need to get started on your Challenge, Linda
Lynnda Maree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 06:11 AM   #232  

Talking Another 2 pounds never to be seen!

I don't remember who was saying ONLY a pound but I will never forget being shown how much a pound actually is. Take a package of butter (the 4 sticks) and imagine it on your body. THAT IS A POUND!!!!!
I was in the grocery store and picked up a 3 pound bag of apples and realized I had lost 9 pounds so picked up 2 more and it was heavy! I couldn't believe I had been carrying that around! And to think i have 65 to go!

Hi Linda! Welcome! just joined this group a couple of days ago so i don't have much to offer as far as the challenge goes but everyone here is very supportive
I posted my intro a few post back. I am down 9 pounds, I am journaling, cutting back calories and walkig...I am also doing the Walking away the pounds videos.
I have a HUGE overall goal of about 65 more pounds by the end of the summer so i am in it for the long haul
Good luck!!!!

Dennie:
I know how it feels when the scale won't budge!!!!! Can I give you a couple of pointers? Do you do any weight training? I find weight training to be the single most important element in weightloss for me. By building lean muscle your metabolism JUMPS! Try getting some small handheld weights and trying a little.
Also, staying consistently at 1000 won't keep you losing weight I have been stuck in that rut and by ADDING calories I lost weight!
When you stay below 1200 your body thinks it is starving to death and actually holds on to the fat. I am sure you know this already but I am speaking form experience on this one. I never would have believed it was true until it happened to me
Sorry if I am offering unwanted advice but I wanted to share what woprked for me when the scale wouldn't budge. After having my daughter 5 years ago I went from a size 16 to a size 6 in about 4 months so i have tried and tested most anythig out there Now 2 more pregnancies later I am doing it all over again.

I am down another 2 this morning. Which makes 9 pounds so far since I started being serious! I am hoping to be down at least another 3 by the end of the month
I can tell my bra is fitting a little looser otherwise i really don't see a huge difference. I can not wait for my clothes to start being so big!

I keep looking at all the clothing I want when I am skinnya nd it is soooo motivating to me!

Jenn
sw /cw /fdg /ltg
220/211/175/145
hot_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:48 AM   #233  

Morning Gals!

Jessica, I can make a few suggestions about the knees, but I don't know if they will help- I was given some exercises by a PT last summer when I had a really sore knee and they helped.

1. place a ball between your knees ( kids playground ball is about the perfect size-10" give or take) or a rolled up towel and place your back flat against the wall- your feet should be parallell to your shoulders, and out about 18". slide down the wall to the point that your thighs are almost parallel to the floor and slide back up ( don't drop the ball) Rep 20 times.

2. leg drops ( use the stairs or a stepper if you have one).. balance on one leg ( use a wall if you have to) and using the strength of that leg, drop the other on off the back of the step, and lift it back up

3. side leg lifts. Using one of those exercise bands, while standing.

These worked for me for strengthing the muscles around the knees. But be careful as you are still in that 'rubbery post natal' stage..take it SLOW and don't overdue. You can do more harm than good by overworking stretched tissues.. I've been there and have the surgery scar to prove it!!
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:06 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Oh, my....I had this huge post this morning and now it is gone. I wonder what happened to it
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:31 AM   #235  

Default Happy Tuesday!!!!

Good morning everyone!!!!

I am at work and will be here for the next eleven hours. I have so much work to catch up on and I don't have any meetings today so hopefully it will be productive. Brought breakfast, lunch and dinner so I don't eat to late. Can't see myself exercising tonight but oh well. I got it in last night and will do it again tomorrow...and so on.

For the newbies!!!! We usually make our goals and then chose a weigh in day once a week. If you go back to either post 37 or 39 (I can never remember which one) then you will see how the award system works for every pound lost. It's a great motivator when you get to change your signature line and add a reward (do it even if's it's one pound or ten pounds)

I hope you all have a great day and congrats to the losers!!!!!

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:41 AM   #236  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi ladies, Sounds like your all still doing well and are very motivated. Because I get on this site so seldom, I can't respond to everyone, but it doesn't mean that I'm not thinking of you. Dale, thanks for missing me and Canongirl, I'm so with you. My weight problem is due to my emotional and hormonal problems big time!!! I really have to work with that. It must be getting close to that TOM for me too as I had a really rough day yesterday. Or maybe it was just a bad day and today will be better.
Well, I lost 2.75 pounds this week, and had a not so good eating week. Last week I had a pretty good eating week and gained a pound, weird, but I'm happy. I have now lost 20 pounds since last August, slow and steady, but I will get there. I have to keep readjusting my goals, how annoying.
I'm still exercising daily, so at least I do that consistantly. I do 30-60 minutes per day. I am going ot start doing the WW program again, I've been off lately. Well last week I did 3 days and then fell off the wagon and I hope to stay on it this week!!
Keep it up ladies, we will get there
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:57 AM   #237  

Default Hi Everyone! I'm Back and was OP!!!

....that is if "OP" now means completely "OFF PROGRAM"!

Well, I've read thru the posts and WOW you guys are stronger than ever. Lots of weight loss smilies, FABULOUS!!!! I really need to get back here and back on program.

I had so much fun in NYC and to put it mildly, my willpower was nowhere to be found. I think I actually forgot to pack it in my suitcase. The food and restaurants were amazing and the shopping incredible. I got a facial, and papaya pineapple body scrub, had high tea, went to some clubs (one had a mermaid in a beautiful gigantic fish tank!) and did I mention the shopping? It is crazy. I haven't been to NYC in a few years and forgot how indulgent it could make a person that has those tendencies already . Those that have been there know what I mean

I realized that I really need to be here with you guys to stay OP. I felt like
I tapped a little into that downward eating spiral and it would probably continue if I didn't log back in here today. I weighed myself and need to give back two smilies (sorry guys) for the week. The good news is that when I got to NY everyone noticed that I had been working out. They said I looked "longer" so to everyone here you may not notice it on the scale but there is a major difference when you work out! So, no vacations for a while and back on track for the remainder of the challenge.

Welcome to the newbies, LORI, Hot Mama, Lynnda Maree!!! Don't worry about starting late as long as you're here.

I will respond to everyone's posts a little more thoroughly once I'm back in the swing of things here! Didn't want you guys to have to read through five pages of my rambling.

"The road to someday, leads to the town of nowhere. Procrastination is the silent killer."
~Anthony Robbins
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 12:35 PM   #238  

Good Morning All,

Feeling better already now that aunt flo is here. Going to focus hard today on the good things I can do for myself. Planning a salad for lunch and a good workout, which I haven't been doing.

Hula~ a facial and a pineapple body scrub.....Sounds fantastic!!

I was watching Discovery Health last night and saw a woman my age (37) have some gentle work done on her face. OH my goodness, she looked so good!! Makes me want to freshen up my tired self. Which is exactly what I need to do on a lighter scale that is. I need to get a new cute hair cut and do some pampering so I feel cute!
I'm rattling on......Have a good day.
CanonGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 01:08 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hula,
WELCOME BACK!!! WE MISSED YOU!!!
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:32 PM   #240  

Hi Everyone

Sorry I haven’t checked in for a while, things have been really busy. I’ve been staying on program and exercising but I’m a little afraid of weigh-in tomorrow. I had a bad asthma attack on Friday and was put on steroids for a week. Let me tell you, staying on program when you’re STARVING is not easy I’ll update you all with my weigh-in tomorrow.

Welcome to all the newbies It’s really great more people are joining the challenge!
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote