Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 12:29 AM   #316  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

good eve
Diana...reading my thoughts please ignore hugs
Old 07-24-2018, 05:31 AM   #317  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
ETA: 138.0 this morning

Laying in bed reading, easing into the day Busy day yesterday, in preparation for retirement we traded 2 cars in for 1. I’m eligible in Nov. I haven’t decided on the date, but either end of Nov. or end of Dec. i think. We figure we’ll see how it goes, it should work, for the next few months, I telework 2 days a week, he’s retired, his bowling leagues are on my telework days. We’re planning on traveling and camping.

Anyhow, I wanted to eat and eat yesterday, luckily not a lot off plan in the house.

Frustrated2 that sounds beautiful, the gardens and the tree to honor your husband. Sorry for your loss. that’s great your granddaughter working with you. I still love gardening thanks to growing up with working on the yard and garden with my mom.

Jendiet congrats on finding a plan that’s working for you. I always include “continue to guide me on the path you have chosen for me” in my prayers. What a great way to heal, to get your body as healthy as it can be. Let God show you how great you can be.

Diana sounds like you are on to something. Your persistence will get you there.

GrannyNancy you’re doing so great! So proud of you

Novangel you’re awesome, I remember doing a yoga routine with Jillian a few times, she’s tough. We had a Nintendo Fit game that you could pick her or Bob, it was fun but hard. She was always pushing, c’mon cupcake, get moving

Nancy glad your hubs thumb is still healing well, that is tough trying to get through outdoor activities with an injury like that.

Ciecie if I had a dollar for every time I fell asleep in front of the tv... great job getting those fitness goals done.

Alexis

Well, I better get up and get moving, time for coffee I’ll update after I weigh in.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Last edited by kelijpa; 07-24-2018 at 05:44 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:35 AM   #318  

good morning! will work out and have breakfast in a few minutes. going to see dad today, went to renew my drivers license yesterday. had a new picture taken for it since I lost a considerable amount of weight since the last time I renewed my license.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:24 AM   #319  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

CieCie Yay for the updated picture at the DMV! Great job on your consistency.

kelijpa I am totally jealous of you being able to retire, but I am thrilled for you. Where are you wanting to travel to?

nancylmrn I have known of people who had the rebound effect with nasal sprays, also Visine eye drops. IF beeswax is the issue that may be why I have felt the need to use lip balm on a regular basis, over the years. Most lip balms contain beeswax. I have only found a couple that do not. We'll see how it goes the next couple of days. So far, so good.

Last night: Full Body Standing Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 189.2
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Today's devotion is an encouragement just like our check-in.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
July 24
Psalm 32:8
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Terry had been a savior. It was so nice to find someone who had gone through a long, hard diet before. God had really brought them together. At the time Lisa needed someone most, Terry had miraculously showed up. Lisa wondered whether Terry wasn't an angel in disguise. She had been such a great help. God often answers our prayers through the people He sends into our lives at key times. It is good to seek out the support of others who can relate to what we're going through. Pray that God will lead you to such people, so they might accompany you through the tough times.

Today's thought: Help me remember that I'm not alone!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-24-2018 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:09 AM   #320  
Work in Progress

Hi gals,
Just a quick fly by, no WI this am since I went and had bad food and 2 beers with a friend last night. May wait until I get a few exercise days under my belt. Will aim for some personals this afternoon on a break from work
Old 07-24-2018, 09:11 AM   #321  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 164.4 No change
Food is planned.
First two miles have been walked.

Kelijpa - must be exciting about the retirement. I am 3-6 years away.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #322  

S/C/G: 209/157/128

Height: 5’3”

Default Good Morning everyone,

I had a very busy day yesterday and didn’t check in, but I did well. My youngest granddaughter (8 yo) was home sick from day camp, sore throat and fever 100. But after some ibuprofen she felt a little better so she went with me on my errands. I finally got back to the gym and did 30 minutes of cardio (cycling) and 30’ of weight training. I plan to go this afternoon to a spinning class and a yoga class. So if I can make these and a few more days into a habit- like my 2 days a week were, I think that will make a big difference.

I have continued to eat really well, next WI is Friday so it will be interesting to see where I am. I would be THRILLED to lose something or at least stay the same, but I am preparing myself for a slight increase and trying to remind myself it will just be fluid; I’m doing everything right and I need to just keep going. I don’t want to fall back into my old self destructive patterns; so I’m trying to start now to prepare myself for a possible disappointment. It probably sounds silly, but that has always been my pattern.

Diana something you may want to try for your lips, instead of various lip balms is good old Vaseline! It works GREAT! That is all I use now. And you can buy it in small containers specifically for the lips. But be sure to read the label carefully because them have come up with different ones and some now have cocoa butter or other ingredients. I get the plain old Vaseline. Just a thought. Softens your lips and protects them better than any balm or chapstick I ever tried. 😊

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Frustrated2; 07-24-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:01 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Good morning all.

I tried to sit down and post a few times yesterday but got distracted every time.

Frustrated, you have a very good attitude and that's important. I am very impressed with the exercisers which I am not a gym goer and I really need to get back to my planks bridges after a week of TOM. I am not one of the faithful exercisers...but I often exercise faith lol..

I pray that bug dries up and gets out of your household in Jesus name.

Nancy, I tend to dread wI after play days but it does give me useful data on how such occasions will affect my weight

granny, woot on those 2 miles, the weight has to change....just remember your body composition is going to be changing too with all that extra exercise

keli, that sounds so exciting. I'm glad you and hubby get to have time together. Yes, that is an awesome prayer because He knows more about what I need than what I know about what i need. That is why I love His promise in Jeremiah 3:33.

yay ciecie....I say that is a nsv. .so that is awesome. I probably will renew my license when I get to goal weight

nov, hope you are feeling better. I also have a high amount of irritability before Tom.

granny, thank you. .but Alas, the scale is bouncing around. 191.6 yesterday and now 192.8 today. STILL comparable to weights after TOM last month I am 5 lbs lower...so I will steady on. I had a higher calorie day yesterday at almost 1500 compared to barely breaking 1200 for a couple days...

and that brings me to current situation...the day before the bump up to 191.6 I mowed the lawn...was cooler but humid enough to drench me in sweat...then yesterday I cleaned and cleaned with another bump up but I did have pizza for dinner so it may be just the weight of the heavy dinner too.

I'm thinking about edging the beds today..it's cloudy but not rainy.

I've already had my coffee, cream and xylitol..

.Diana it's NOW xylitol but I'm thinking of getting birch xylitol next time...

I pray the non beeswax lip balm does the trick...I'm usually looking for beeswax in my balm ...so I'm of no help there

thank you so much for faithfully keeping this thread going you are a God send

​​​
Old 07-24-2018, 09:01 PM   #324  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Jen Thank you for the info about xylitol. I'm thinking about trying it. Did you get to work in the yard today? We didn't get rain today but we got 2 inches last night.

Frustrated2 Good idea about the Vaseline. I have seen those little tubes before.

grannynancy Great job planning your day and getting your walk in early.

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
40 minute outdoor walk
Old 07-24-2018, 11:19 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Diana, yes I got outside and edged the main bed and the two rose beds. I got rained on and was using a spade to do it. I had to keep hopping on the spade to get it down in the soil...so my feet are a little sore. My roses are looking much better...going to fertilize and treat with neem. I was a nasty rain/sweat soaked mess. The high dew point made it very uncomfortable when the sun came back out...will mulch the beds tomorrow hopefully..I got some begonia and vinca I want to put in there too...

we went to hibachi again because of the abundance of veggies...but I did go grocery shopping too...

1382 calories for the day . The app said I burned 551 out in the garden...
Old 07-25-2018, 12:49 AM   #326  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Oy ... feel like I've been sorta limping through July... Planning to get it together and make the last 7 days count!

Wed (Plan)
Exercise -
30 min run + Pilates
Nutrition -
B - Smoothie + muffin (500)
L - Burrito or salad from cafeteria (400)
D - Homemade chef salad (300)

Tue
Weight - 148
Exercise - None
Nutrition -
B - Bagel w. Margarine
L - Vegan burrito + chips
D - Homemade chef salad

Mon
Weight - 149
Exercise - None
Nutrition - Deplorable
B = Sausage Biscuit / Buttered roll
L = Granola / Chips
D = Wendy’s Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe (no cheese)
8 chicken nuggets
French fries
8pm x off
Old 07-25-2018, 01:24 AM   #327  

good morning! fell asleep in front of the tv. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:54 AM   #328  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Full Body Standing Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 189.2
No Change

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
July 25
Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Dan made a resolution to use his breakfast and lunch times for prayer and reflection. He would eat something light, then spend the rest of the time in quiet time with God. It got him through some really tough periods of hunger and temptation. Refreshed by the time with God, Dan then no longer felt the desire to stuff himself. God strengthened him, gave him courage, and filled him with resistance enough to persevere. God will fill the emptiness we feel in our bellies. He will fill us with His own Holy Spirit and lead us away from temptation. Rely on God. His strength is offered to all who will but receive it.

Today's thought: I would rather be Spirit-filled instead of calorie-filled!
Old 07-25-2018, 09:13 AM   #329  
Work in Progress

Good morning to all
WI still up 169.0 but yesterdays w/o was a killer, I wont bore you with the details but it was approx 1 hour and guess what? I will repeat it again tonight with a few variations with the strength training LOL

Diana have you thought about trying a mix of vegetable glycerin and aloe for your lip balm? glycerin acts as a moisture barrier and the aloe heals. I use this combination in my mineral make up to make a liquid instead of powder. I am not a fan of petroleum which is what Vaseline is
Jen the garden sounds like it is coming along!

oh shoot got to run if I am going to get massage time in at the gym back later
Old 07-25-2018, 09:17 AM   #330  
Trying to live below 200

nancylmrn Do you go to Planet Fitness? Do you use the massage table/chair?
Closed Thread