Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 10:02 AM   #331  

good morning again! had breakfast and went for a power walk this morning. also ran a couple of errands.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:51 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Nancy, wowzers! I also like plant based natural stuff.

Diana, sorry about this but the xylitol package looked like NOW but is actually KAL sorry for the mixup...

my jaw feels dislocated and sore in addition my left foot is still a little angry about the pounding on the shovel...

my weight was back down to 192.0 suprisingly since we ate hibachi but I did eat mainly veggies except the mini mocha mousse cake
Old 07-25-2018, 03:04 PM   #333  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
nancylmrn Do you go to Planet Fitness? Do you use the massage table/chair?
YES I do, I use the lay down aqua bed I found that it was better for my neck and right shoulder. The reclining one just did not seem to hit all the spots as well. I do not like the chair at all. So I have been going almost 5 days a week once in the am before going into the office then in the eve when I complete my workout. I also so the red light therapy in the mornings. Not sure it is doing any thing for me other than I get to have fun while the floor disk shakes LOL
Old 07-25-2018, 03:08 PM   #334  
Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
Nancy, wowzers! I also like plant based natural stuff.
I make/blend my own mineral make up, I actually got into this about 5-6 years ago and ordered supplies on line after much research. I swear after the initial cost I have enough to last me the rest of my life--really! I have not purchased any additional since the first time. The hardest part was to get the color correct since you only use the three primary colors then the zinc, etc. which is white and mixed in. Then as I got older the powder was settling into the lines on my face so I had to invent a way to make it more of a liquid foundation. so hence the glycerin and real aloe the kind from health stores.

Last edited by nancylmrn; 07-25-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:53 PM   #335  

good afternoon! took the bus to a neighboring community to power walk and run errands there. will be going for another power walk and run another errand in a few minutes.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:37 PM   #336  

Hiya ladies. Mulched the beds today...cooled off in the kids splash pool once then stood in the rain the second round. Almost done. 4 bags down, 4 to go...will have to do something about the other side f house can't get much to grow...might just mulch only.

1362 for calories today...tired.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:43 PM   #337  

good evening! power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. will go for another power walk and run another errand in a few minutes.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:26 PM   #338  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I am tweaking things again in the allergy dept. Like I said before, I am sharing this in case someone else ever has to deal with something like this. I'm not wanting to change too many things at one time because you can't keep up with the changes.

So the old lip balm really irritated my lips the other week. That's why I feel it's one of the ingredients in there that's irritating me. My current lip balm doesn't have any of those ingredients, so I am not changing the new lip balm at this time. I was suspicious of the beeswax since that's was in my lipstick and I was still dealing with some irritation.

Ingredients in old lip balm
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (1), Cera Alba (Beeswax)(1), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil(1), Mentha Piperity (Peppermint) Oil(1), Melaleuca Alternifollia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil(1), Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil(1), Tocopherol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract(1), Stevia Rebaudiana (Stevia) Leaf Extract (1) (1)Certified Organic Ingredient.

Currently, I don't use anything with Sunflower oil, tea tree, hemp seed oil, camellia sinesis, stevia. beeswax (since I just eliminated it)

That leaves: Olive fruit oil, Mentha piperity (peppermint), & tocopherol (I don't even know what this comes from)

I noticed some extra irritation on my lips after I flossed my teeth after lunch. I didn't brush after lunch, only flossed and rinsed my mouth with water because a customer came in. All of my dental products along with dental floss contain some sort of mint. I googled the dental floss but I couldn't come up with any info about what the wax is made out of. So I decided to eliminate mint stuff for now. I bought a kids toothpaste in a berry flavor, no mint and an unflavored dental floss. Also, a few months back on a weekend I had a bad reaction and facial swelling, I mentioned that I had been drinking various teas. I used to have peppermint tea in my rotation back then.

We'll see how it goes from here. I decided to make this change, because I don't suspect that I will have any more improvement from where I am now. I use olive oil to cook with but I don't notice any irritation after I eat what I have prepared with it. Peppermint is the only other thing that stands out to me.

I'm at least 90% better. I think once I find the other problem it will be obvious. It might not even be the beeswax, it might be peppermint. Also, keep in mind that I have eliminated the cinnamon/turmeric. I think those were too much for my body in general.

Continuing with the science experiment. How bored will I be once I get it figured out?

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-25-2018 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:35 PM   #339  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Gilad's Tone Every Inch w/tubing & 5's
Old 07-26-2018, 07:20 AM   #340  

S/C/G: 209/157/128

Height: 5’3”

Default Hi everyone,

I had a super busy day yesterday, and by the time I settled down in the evening I fell asleep in front of the TV at 8p so I missed posting. But I had a very good day as far as diet and exercise. I ate well and I worked really hard in my garden for several hours. I live in Florida and this is our rainy season - from May to September rain every day, almost all day after 12 -2p for the rest of the day. The soil here is mostly sandy and with all the rain it is soaked! So it is REALLY heavy. It took my two hours to dig a 3 ft x 3 ft hole about two ft deep & haul all the mud out, This included removing the Saint Augustine grass on top, which is very thick and invasive! Exhausting work, but great exercise. Lots of shoulder & arm work in addition to squats and deep knee bends. Once I accomplished all that, I replaced the mud with some garden soil and planted a tree with more garden soil. I felt very accomplished when I was done!

After showering I went to do my volunteer work at the zoo, then ran some errands in the afternoon. By the time I got home I ate a late dinner and fell asleep! It was a great but exhausting day.

Today will be the opposite, mostly working from home on the computer.

Have an awesome day everyone.

Last edited by Frustrated2; 07-26-2018 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:55 AM   #341  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Nothing for last night
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 189
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!
Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

July 26
Philippians 1:23-24
For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

Paul questioned why God had put him on Earth in the first place. Being fat seemed like unnecessary torture. The diets were killers, and they didn't seem to do any good, anyway. What was the use of trying and failing over and over again? Better to never have been born. Despair and frustration are a part of dieting. Often it seems so hopeless. Still, God has given us life as a gift. We prepare ourselves in this life for eternal life in God's presence. Now is the time we need to learn self-discipline and control. Now is the time to strive to be everything we are meant to be. Our life in the flesh is necessary, and it is up to us to make sure we take proper care of ourselves.

Today's thought: I'll try my hardest to lose weight today, because I may not get another chance!
Old 07-26-2018, 09:17 AM   #342  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 165.2 Bounce Up

Have been all itchy this week due to massive mosquito attack (avoided the ticks and chiggers) so NOW I am going to add drenching my clothes in DEET along with the Permethrin treatment (which apparently does not bother mosquitos)....so....I have not been walking as much and it seems my metabolism just drops like a rock unless I get out and move.

Food is planned for today and I need a plan to up my steps. from 12,000 to 14,5000 (adding another mile to my walk each day) or else do something more intensive.

Will come back later for personals.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:23 AM   #343  
Work in Progress

Good morning to all
WI the same pesky 169.0 Seems the weekend will not leave me alone. W/O yesterday was good I upped my lower body lifting on the last set from 20b per hand to 30 (I could not find the 25lb weights people were hogging them) so I skipped the sumo squats since they are the most difficult for me.
Food wise good ate clean the only processes food yesterday was street taco shells.

Back for personals later today to all
Old 07-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #344  

HI all.

Diana, I was wondering what was all in your chapstick. I have to agree since the flossers bothered you too, it is probably mint that is the problem. Great devotion

Nancy, are you toning alot? You probably are adding muscle AND burning fat...

granny, yeah..not much bothers those pesky things...I Fog the area around the splash pool so the boys can play in peace..

terri, I miss you.

nov, ciecie, syckgirl, carla...hey!

frustrated, that sounds grueling...what do you do at zoo.

well WI at 192.4 today, body gearing up to ovulate, mood, hormones every where...some extra hunger today too so had coffee for breakfast and a salad for lunch. Used to seeing weight bump up with ovulation, so not trying to get frustrated here...I'm going to focus on day before TOM weights and 5 days after TOM start weights...because that is where I see my highs and my new lows come in...

I'm still tired today...didn't sleep well at all...found my tracker in the shoe bin...so that's good

don't know if I'm cooking here or going out with boys again. We can't eat dinner at hibachi...too much...I bought stuff to cook but I might not have access to kitchen.

​​​​​​I think I will take boys to go play at the big playland McDonald's but have to buy a salad or bring a salad too. (That part is annoying but worth it)
Old 07-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #345  
Work in Progress

So gals I have had a productive afternoon....shopping on-line for two of my granddaughters birthday presents they are 1 day and four years apart.
The office I work in is very small only 3 of us, so me the owner and the owners daughter. The owner typically is here at 8am and gone no later than 11-12 noon, the owners daughter comes in around 9:15 to 9:45 am and will 'go check mail' around 2ish and sometimes return, sometimes not. then there is me, I am usually there at 7:45 to 4pm M-F. Oh wait there is the 'crew' who come in at 8am and are out in the field by 8:30 am. My office has only a small slit of a window and the entire office has no A/C. We are having some crazy heat wave of 90+ and all I have going for me is a fan in an open door/hallway to the outside and a pedestal fan pointing in my office. I am so sweating!....yes I am whining today. Mind you I have plenty to do so the shopping was a short break, kinda like now.

Jen I am sure I am doing something but I am no scheduled to measure until Mid August so I would like to at least lose 3lbs between now and then
Granny, those small bumps are so not important when you look at how far you have come in a year!
Frustrated how cool is that to volunteer at the zoo!
Diana I have to say your humor at your science experiment has been delightful to read...not any fun for you but you manage to keep you head up and keep moving forward
ciecie how was your dad?

kelijpa, terri how are you both doing????everything all good?

Last edited by nancylmrn; 07-26-2018 at 09:36 PM.
Closed Thread