Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 10:23 AM   #166  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, all! Still busy at work (new clients, existing issues, twisted like spaghetti...oy!)
Narrative: Frustrated that I've been gainng despite staying accountable. Feel like I'm eating later at night, which leads me to eat more, which leads to a gain. Simple as that. It's not so much that I'm eating after 8... it's that I'm not making the best choices after 8. If I want the results, I must do the work. Simple as that.

Exercise: AM - 1 minute burst!
Nutrition:
B - corn muffin
L - at work
D - at party
Old 07-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies.

ok...weighed myself last night 197.0 and woke up to 194.0!!! I don't know what to think...that is a NEW LOW...

why would my new low show up right before TOM, beginning to think snice I didn't verify I ovulated, I may not have done so, but I can take my temp in the am, if it's below 97.9 I may have not. .so I am going to be delayed...but I am pretty sure I did.

so my mind is blown but I'm thankful to finally see the scale move AND have my hunger and cravings curbed...

I remember the day I found the CAD book by the dumpster. I was desperate...I was binging and purging and just a complete mess. Then I read the words in the book and there were OTHERS who would make a cake...say they would have one piece and end up eating the whole thing. .I remember that story vividly I remember how when I read the words I started to cry like there was possibly hope for someone that ate whole packs of cookies in a mindless binge.

there were chemical processes taking place in my prediabetic body that were designed for fat storage for times of famine and I was GOING AGAINST God's design for my body which was ruined by childhood gluttony. I was a skinny glutton but the book describes the problem showing up before the weight gain ever did..

just like then, I feel free. I don't constantly think about food, I'm not hungry while my body is using my fat stores and the night cravings are gone!! My stomach is no longer growling whIle ignoring the 50 extra lbs of stored energy..

FastING has always been a reset button for me...but this is a more comfortable way to fast..
Old 07-13-2018, 05:37 PM   #168  

good evening! only did 1 mile leslie Sansone this morning. overslept. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break from work. will power walk and run errands on my way to dinner tonight.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:22 PM   #169  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Well ladies I have talked myself out of going to the gym this evening It is hot outside and I am pretty sore from yesterday. Given this is another weekend of painting I think that will more than make up a skipped formal workout.

Dinner tonight is in dangerous water since I have not planned and have to stop at Wally world to pick up prescription. I am hoping to find something appealing in the frozen food section but they usually taste bad. Just don't know.

We had planned to get out of town next weekend, I went to make hotel reservations just cause and bam all the hotels are filled due to some baseball tournament...what???? this is hick town with about 15 hotels, even the closest city 25 miles west is full....so guess we either change destination or postpone. This is so disappointing
Old 07-13-2018, 07:23 PM   #170  

good evening! just got home from dinner. power walked home.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:11 PM   #171  
Warrior Princess

Meatloaf turned out okay, I think I added too much of something (the ground mustard I think) but it was still pretty good. Next time I'll make it the way I used to. That's what usually happens every time I try to change something up that I've been making the same way for years. I love to cook though. 😊

I have another date with Jillian tonight, I think this is day 7 of 30DS. I lost track. Anyway, I hope everyone had a good day/night.

For whoever asked above about full body vs. partial body workout, definitely full body. You burn more calories that way. The more muscles you work at the same time the better. 💪
Old 07-13-2018, 09:21 PM   #172  

just went for another power walk. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:21 PM   #173  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1845 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Mango fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Melon chunks 100 calories

Dinner (1000 Calories)
grilled chicken & 2 orders of steamed broccoli
mindlessly ate roasted peanuts (in shell type - I didn't eat the red skin since that's where the tannins is) 300 calories

Exercise:
Have you ever had a day that it felt like something was fighting you all day? That was my day. I didn't get a workout in since I just didn't have the time; it was a rough day.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:32 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

hello ladies. I did OK time wise with my diet...same thing but today my dinner didn't start until 7:20 and I last ate at 1:40...so I was a little edgy especially after I found I had a flat tire on my way to get my dinner. I goofed up by adding the rest of that Reese cup shake to my otherwise OK dinner which was a taco bowl salad with beef tips...any who I basically ate maintenance but most likely will see a small gain because of elimination issues again...

I did tackle the hills today after 7pm....they werent as rough but it was hard after that big meal not to throw up when I got super over heated, dripping sweat and panting...I laid down by the ac vent to cool off my head this time...and all the water made my stomach feel water logged like I couldn't digest for the water...

no sign of TOM...morning temp will reveal if I have post o temps, but temps do go down the DAY TOM comes...

​​​​​​never had a drastic drop in weight before it shows. .thinking I was just too stressed to ovulate and didn't this time...

Nancy sorry about the possible postponement...I don't know what big baseball thing there is...

nov, recipes are tricky like that...sometimes Web recipes leave me with a who dunnit that I have to fix (too much flour, too little, etc..)

I always think of cooking a's being a chemist. I love chemistry and basically you are creating and destroying bonds and finding what can be mixed with what. I'm glad you still had a good dinner..

yes Diana...I had to turn over the boys and all I wanted was a peaceful evening but then I had a flat tire...I prayed it stayed on the rim to the gas station 1 mile down the road...then I was late to work and the hills practically killed me and it wasn't hot like yesterday..

I pray peace and comfort to your day and that Gods purposes in you and through you will be fulfilled. Phillipians 2:13 For God is the One working in you both to will and to work according to Hisgood pleasure.

anyways, talk to you ladies in am

Last edited by jendiet; 07-14-2018 at 12:52 AM.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:32 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good morning. Well that is odd. My post disappeared after I posted.

168.4 Drop but not new low
Team training today. It will be a "tailgate Incident Command" and Land Navigation exercise. Then I need to work on organizing home office which is a mess and making PVC light stand for starting seeds.

Food plan 1078 calories / Hope to walk 12,000 steps
Breakfast - Uncle Sam cereal with blueberries and chia
Lunch- Caprese salad
Dinner-Barbecue chicken, homemade yogurt slaw, Corn on cob no butter

Jen, be careful in this heat!
Nancy, sorry about the weekend plans
Novangel, I have been doing bodyweight fitness - is that full body workout? This summer is mainly a bunch of yardwork though.
Alex, Hi! I do best when I go to bed at least 3 hours after eating.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:32 AM   #176  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

For those who have lost posts, there is an auto save option that I keep seeing on the right side of the post area. Has anyone noticed that? It might be helpful, but I don't know where to retrieve the info.

I showed a gain from the extra eating yesterday. It's probably from the sodium in the peanuts. Very frustrated with myself.

Last night: Full Body Standing Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1845 +
Weigh In: 189.8
Up: 1 pound

Have a Blessed day!

Today's devotion was very encouraging for me.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
July 14
Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Ron was one of the best contractors in the business. Every job he'd ever started, he'd completed to the client's satisfaction. He never left anything undone. His reputation was beyond reproach. No one ever had to worry when they had Ron working for them. When we rely on God to help us with our dieting, we can rest assured that He will stick with us throughout the entire process. God does not give up. When He begins a job, He finishes it. We can have complete confidence in God. He will help us realize our goal.

Today's thought: With God's help, I can see this thing through to the end!
Old 07-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #177  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

WI the same 168.2 no change which surprised me since since I splurged with 3 slices of pepperoni pizza last night it was very salty.
Today am painting the lower trim on the house and front porch and steps. The balance of the house is for DH, i.e. eaves, chimney upper trim. Did I mention I don't do ladders LOL. As a matter of fact DH is outside right now working so I need to scoot, he is making mw look bad by being in the house still...geez it is only 6:30 am here

Back later

Last edited by nancylmrn; 07-14-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #178  

good morning! will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:27 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 209/157/128

Height: 5’3”

Hi everyone, I am new here and hope to find the support on this site that other sites have lacked. I am encouraged by the number of interactions I have already seen this morning.

I started on the diet roller coaster at the age of 10 and I desperately hope to finally learn to stop worrying about what to eat and what NOT to eat, and be free to just eat healthy!!

My highest weight was 209, lowest was 120 - but wasn’t healthy (I was sick & lost a lot). Currently I am at 157 and my goal weight is 128.

I am curious if most of you weigh your self daily and if it is the consensus that this is best?

I don’t do this because I am afraid it will make me more anxious; but maybe I should? What are your thoughts? Thanks for your feedback.

Currently I weigh myself weekly.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #180  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!
(Jendiet, ciecie, Nancylmrn, novangel, grannynancy)
Finally saw a bit of a drop on the scale, which was hugely encouraging. Hoping to keep that up.
Birthday party last night was lovely! Went until about midnight, then drove a new friend home with an old friend in the car (with at least 3 people in the vehicle, the toll drops from $15 to $5!). Got home around 2AM, but drank about 60 ozs of water before falling asleep, and woke up to a drop, so I’m taking it! Despite indulging in cake and a brownie (tiny bites of both, though…)
Plan for today is to do a quick clean, run to the gym for quick cardio workout, then get my nails done. Heading into the city for a date (!) Looking forward to it. Hoping to have enough in my food bank account to indulge without concern!

Have a fantastic Saturday, all!
Weight = 148
Exercise: 20 min Pilates challenge
Nutrition:
B - tea
L - TBD
D - TBD
Closed Thread