Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 09:31 PM   #196  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Frustrated2 Welcome!

Novangel I have the same thing. On Friday, it started when I woke. I felt like something was fighting me all day long.

Total Approx 1275 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (500 calories)
grilled salmon & 2 orders steamed broccoli 500 calories

Dinner (515 calories)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
Veggies 125 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
melon chunks 200 calories

Exercise
30 minutes elliptical
Old 07-15-2018, 09:57 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Gran, that is exactly how I used to keep my weight chart and I plotted weekly weights, yes, I have been CRAVING water since starting this WOE...but when I have migraine nausea, I can't really stomach water...

Nancy, so are you guys done? yay on finding better price! Enjoy the time together.

frustrated, hi, thanks for your concern. My migraines are related to A. Hormone fluctuations from Ovulation and TOM B. water retention from hormone fluctuations.

If you pay attention I have one correlating with both ovulation and TOM. yesterday's BIG ONE was letting me know TOM was definitely coming today and it DID.

ciecie, hi dear

TERRI, I'M THINKING ABOUT YOU

Nov, hope you reach your goals and get some rest ..

Diana, yes beautiful devotional

so today's morning weight was 195.4. I am pretty sure I was at 200 before last TOM but I got to look back and see in my diet app.

there was no coffee at church. I packed heavy cream and xylitol in my kids cup to add to church coffee but there was none so I only drank water until 1:00 pm and then had a cup of coffee and roast beef and cheese and roast beef and spinach rolls for lunch.

for dinner I had a 1/2 sweet + 1/2 unsweet, 1/2 med fry, quarter pounder with lettuce, tomato and bacon added and a large turkey Cobb salad, I also had 1/4 of a bunny tracks cup, but caramel was too sweet for me...

I met someone that I began discussing my diet with and she said she was looking for weight loss support so I invited her to come here. Well see if she comes joins us.

****yes right before last TOM I was 200.0 and this time 195.4****
1321 calories today

Last edited by jendiet; 07-15-2018 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:24 PM   #198  

Hello all.... I' like to join this checkin! Hi Diana so GOOD to see you here!!!! Long story short, I have gained 35 lbs in the last 3 years after my mother in law past away. I used to exercise almost daily and keep track of my food in-take.... but somehow, I let myself go and now I don't fit in ANY of my clothes... this is affecting me SO much emotionally I want to take my life back and go back to my healthy habits. I have tried many times to start dieting these part 3 years... I start, loose a couple of lbs, and then start over-eating again.... so I need help! I am glad I found this group!
Do u use a specific app to track your calories, workouts etc? I don't know what to do diet wise, should I count calories? use color coded containers? just do low carb? I don't know what program to follow.... Any input is appreciated.....I will post my weight tomorrow. I am SO scared to face the scale.... but I have to right? Nice to meet u all!!!
Old 07-16-2018, 12:49 AM   #199  

good morning! went for a power walk and to run an errand after supper last night. will be shutting down after harry potter and the half blood prince is over.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:13 AM   #200  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Sunday: 7/15/18

Exercise: Rest.
Nutrition:
B: avocado, sausage biscuit
L: 1 hard boiled egg w mayonnaise, chips, pickle
D: broiled salmon
S: McDonald’s softserve cone.

Had a few glasses of wine last night, so woke up craving something with protein and fat. Had an avocado and then treated myself to a sausage biscuit. Helped out with AV and children's ministry, then came home, had a nap, broiled some salmon and had it for dinner (this is an unusually civilized meal for me... ) Salmon is expensive, but I love it. Must remember that it's worth it to invest in food. If it's true, you are what you eat!
Spent time with one friend, phone call with one, and then late night TV show watching another. Sunday has become my catch up day with friends. So rich and blessed with good people in my life.

Home and winding down now.

Wishing everyone a great start to the week!

Personals:
CarlaVeg - Welcome!!! Tough stuff gaining over the past three years, but we’ve all been there when life happens and it’s all you can do to hang on. Glad that you’re here now. Regular check ins are essential to taking back your life! Re: apps to track calories, I use myfitnesspal, but find it easier sometimes to just write it down with pencil and paper.
Jendiet - Those headaches are no joke! Hormones certainly are powerful things. To help ease symptoms, do you ever drink Powerade or anything with electrolytes to keep hydrated? I found myself chugging sugar free Propel the other day when heat was above 95. Great job tracking and good work checking in!
Diana - Thank you for posting the devotionals. Love the quote: God’s might is greater than my appetite.
Frustrated2 - Welcome and sorry I missed your first post. So glad you found this place, too!
Novangel - I chuckled when you mentioned your “Date with Jillian”. I can also relate to working a lot but liking the extra money! What kind of work do you do?
Grannynancy - You sure do get a lot done! Great job, you! I’m totally the same with routines/rituals. They just help me keep things together. And yes, I absolutely had fun in the city!!! Mexican food, drum circle, and ended the night at a wine bar. Good times!
Nancylmrn - Exciting times with you and DH treating yourselves to a hotel. Well-deserved with all that work you’re doing. Hoping you have an amazing time. Where are you going?
Ciecie - great work! Seems like you’re really getting in good exercise.
Kelijpa - Love your quote that you put yourself to bed! Have to remember to do that, myself!
Sending love to everyone I may have forgotten to mention!
Old 07-16-2018, 06:03 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. 167.6 - Down 3.4 for the week but that was refocusing, I know so probably a lot of water weight.

Day is planned - Got plant table done yesterday - Need to take some pictures Figuring out next PVC project. Did not get office cleaned or weeding done. Garden is going crazy. Today is
  • Walk with dogs
  • Stretches and body weight fitness
  • Clean office
  • Call library to find out about renting room for HOA meeting this fall.
  • Work at work (I telecommute)
  • Yoga
Food today is 1160 Calories. The closer I get to goal the more I need to exercise to lose weight at this intake.
  • Breakfast - potatoes, peppers, onions, chicken,
  • Lunch - peppers, onions, eggplant, tomato sauce, chia
  • Dinner-Greek yogurt, blueberries, flax, chia
CarlaVeg - Welcome to the forum. I am a big fan of Cronometer and subscribe to Cronometer Gold. I think the reports and the way the app works runs circles around My Fitness Pal. What I like is it tracks all my micro-nutrients and displays them. It is tough but I find planning in advance and logging every day makes a big difference.
Jendiet - I am sorry. One of my daughters has migraines (she has ocular migraines) and I know it is tough. I hope you get relief. It is hard to relate as the worse I have had is a bad sinus headache and I gather migraines are much much worse.
Alexistrophic - My husband and I were talking last night about food and cost of food and how little we actually spend compared to much of the world. We really take cheap low quality food for granted. Growing much in my own garden makes me realize how precious it is and to enjoy quality, not quantity.
Novangel - I don't know why it is harder for some than others. Many times we have said "it is what it is" and "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" but it is not much comfort - hopefully there is an end in sight. Working extra to pay bills - I get.

Last edited by grannynancy; 07-16-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:57 AM   #202  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Monday:
Exercise: 5 min Express Pilates
Nutrition:
B - Breakfast Sandwich
L - avocado + 2 boiled eggs
D - TBD (either home or with a friend)
Nancy - It’s really true… I know I definitely take for granted how little we spend on good quality food compared to the rest of the world. Love that you work from home! Can I ask what kind of work you do?

Old 07-16-2018, 07:59 AM   #203  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Carla Welcome! It's great to see you. I would suggest keeping things simple and just eating cleaner and in more moderation. Unless, you are wanting to make radical changes. Keep in mind, whatever you decide you will have to stick with it for the long haul. I know you have been really busy with your little ones and remodeling. Have you been able to stick with walking for exercise? I know you were doing some Zumba for a while.

Last night: Full Body Standing Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1275 +
Weigh In: 189.2
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
July 16
1 Thessalonians 3:4
For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

Why don't diets get any easier? Chocolate cake is just as tempting a month or two after you start dieting as it is the day after you start. Time doesn't heal the cravings that go along with diets. There is suffering in dieting. For that reason, a good attitude and strong state of mind are essential for a productive, long-lasting diet. God gives us strength of character and determination. There is no tribulation, even dieting, that God can't get us through. Diets may not ever get easy, but they do get manageable when we add God's strength and perseverance to our own.

Today's thought: What seems impossible, God makes possible!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-16-2018 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:52 AM   #204  

good morning again! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:44 PM   #205  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good afternoon to most
W/I same 168.2 this is day 5 at the same rate and my food intake has been good, no crazy stuff. I even felt lighter this am and was surprised the scale had not moved.
This week will be a mirror of last week as far as eating/meal plans and exercise. Typically no breakfast, lunch - salad with some protein for lunch around 1ish and dinner protein and veggies...tons of water. Then to the gym for 30-35 min elliptical then 30 min of weight training...Except for Friday when we leave mid-day for the eastern part of the state yeah us!

Jen- the painting is done except for the eaves on the east and west side of our house (short sides) our home is a split level 2 story. Once the sun comes up it gets very hot up there so we have to work in the early morning hours. I could not weigh my self twice a day, I am almost scared to weigh in some mornings
granny- not sure I could get that much fiber at each meal you will have to tell me your secret!
kellijpa- congrats on that low number
novangel It is always good to have a few rest days during the week especially if you are doing Jillian, those are brutal
Frustrated2 welcome looking forward to knowing more about you
CarlaVeg You really do have to find what works for you for the long haul, this will be a lifestyle change. For me it has been to remove as many processed foods as possible and I try to stick to low carb/low calorie...but for the past ..oh...8-9 months I have totally stalled but then if I am honest I also have not stuck to my long haul plan super close either.
Alexistrophic We have salmon here most of the year but I am noticing more and more the stores are stocking 'farm raised' which has no health benefits at all...and it is higher in fat and calories. They have to put red dye to make the meat that salmon color because they are raised on grey tablets=grey meat
ciecie you seem to walk everywhere!
Diana I just keep thinking Friday Friday...and pray there will be some answer to the hives.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:56 PM   #206  
Warrior Princess

Alex: I'm technically a barber but I'm a licensed cosmetologist. Majority of my clients are men.

Granny: That whole "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger line" is just BS. I've been through so much that I'm not even the same person for the longest time, and not for the better. But yes, it is what it is. We just have to make the best of every situation because we have no other choice. Try to think positive though, mind set helps.

I have another date with Jillian tonight. 💪💪
Old 07-16-2018, 02:53 PM   #207  

good afternoon! rained briefly here this afternoon. went for a power walk and ran errands this morning. found some clothes that I thought I had taken to our local thrift shop weeks ago yesterday afternoon when I was looking for something else. I took those in today.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:03 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Nov, I just got done reading a beautiful Christian Romance book called The Weavers and I cried and cried. I used to be the sappy hopeless romantic, but to be betrayed and lied on by the one you love most is so gutting and heart wrenching, it threatens to deaden the idea of romance, but I cried because I could read about it and think "maybe I'll have that one day" God changes hard hearts to tender and kind ones. I've seen that the men in my church who were once convicted felons follow hardest after His love because they have the greatest evidence of the power of God's forgiveness and love to change who they were...they were once He'lls angels types but now they cry softly when they talk about His goodness.

Nancy, you are doing the right things...it will show up. I'm just curious of where 2-3 lbs goes overnight, I find that amazing. Congrats on getting that done, enjoy your vacation

carla, welcome. I recently changed my WOE because I CAN'T EAT CARBS and I can't NOT EAT CARBS...my cravings were getting the best of me, so I switched to something that worked in the past to curb cravings...

the carbohydrate addicts diet. Rules are simple. No carbs or very little carbs at 2 meals and at one balanced meal you can add **whatever you want** it has to be a balance of veggies, protein, carbs and 1 salad or equivalent low carb veggies.

I don't eat breakfast a lot but have coffee with heavy cream and xylitol.

lunch is deli meat rolls with mayo and spinach, Devilled eggs, salmon and cheese crisps (microwaved sliced cheese sticks) , cucumbers...romaine lettuce, turkey bacon (no more than 4 carbs) some kind of mix of this with my budget...

I also combine this with IF because it keeps my hunger at bay and my blood sugar steady (I don't get shaky hyperglycemia spells)...so I normally have coffee, xylitol and heavy cream (I don't consider it food) at 10 am, eat lunch at 1:30pm and have dinner at 6pm .​​​​​

I can't not have carbs or junk food for the rest of my life and my body goes haywire unless I follow rules to keep my insulin levels and sugar cravings at minimum...

Diana, congrats on the .2 down!!!

gran, woot, that is awesome!! Who cares where it came from!!

Alexis, that is cool you work with children. I love Salmon

ciecie, steady as ever.

danny21, hi out there

terri, missing you!!!

woke up to 194.4 again. It's not the NEW LOW but I'm so happy to be hovering here at TOM, I hope for a small lb drop with TOM out the way, but I'm not sure how water retention will affect me with this WOE.

today was different because I slept in and had crying spells over something I read and saw....it's already 3 so I'm most likely just going to make dinner at 5pm...I'm ok..
I don't have hunger or hypoglycemic spells....food no longer runs my life....I also think so many succeed on OMAD plan because they are naturally supressing their insulin levels. ...which leads to less hunger and body using fat storage instead of food...

Old 07-16-2018, 03:31 PM   #209  
Trying to live below 200

Nancy I've got my list and I hopefully we will figure something out.

So, I have lip drama going on right now. When I eliminated the tannins, I also eliminated the lip balm I was using. https://www.iherb.com/pr/Avalon-Orga...oz-4-2-g/58517 It has green tea, rosemary, etc. So, I am running low of the product I have been using and decided to try the one I stopped using. I used it Friday night and Saturday. By Saturday night it was obvious something was wrong. I stopped using it and went back to the one I am getting low on. My lips are a sight right now. They are oozing and look like they are about to erupt. Not a pretty sight, for sure. Now the other thing, was it the peanuts from Friday night? Peanuts without the skin are suppose to be OK. So, who knows. But my lips are back to how bad they were a few months ago. My birthday is tomorrow DH brought me a chocolate bar and we just shared it. I had 1/3 of it and let him eat the rest. It had almonds in it. I didn't want to get on him, because he meant to be sweet. The last time I had something with almonds, it messed up the skin around my eyes/eyelids. My face feels a bit hot like maybe I have a fever and I feel a bit of a headache. I'm not a headache person, so that's unusual for me. I need to remember to put the candy bar in my calories since I don't normally do that. I can't wait to get the testing done. I just hope that it shows what I have issues with. I am so tired of going through this drama. It's been 10 years now and I am so over it. I hate fearing something is going to make me react if I make any changes in anything. DH got the candy bar because he had no idea what kind of cake would be OK for me. It's so frustrating.

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-16-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:52 PM   #210  

HELLO ladies, thanks for your replies! Today wasn't that bad... I had lunch at applebees and I had the item that had the least calories (400).... breakfast 2 eggs and coffee.... dinner 2 small tacos. I did't weight in because I just got my period last night... BUt I am SOOOOO scared.
Diane, I am walking still not as consistently since my mom has been here for a while cause she fractured her ankle had surgery, long story short, taking care of her for the last 3 months.... but I am walking bout 3 times a week I need to do it more and either got back to my videos or get to the Y.... thanks to all for your support!
Closed Thread