Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 08:49 AM   #391  

good morning again! just had breakfast. will go for a power walk in a few minutes.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:29 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Great words of advice Diana. I have used xylitol in iced tea before, but I really am trying to stick to just hot cofee. I use only 2 tsp to sweeten my coffee and it tastes just right. It is so important to have those off days and feel like you haven't destroyed all your efforts. You have come so far and are such an inspiration.

granny, no that thing is stupid. Your hr lowers when you reach fitNess level because it becomes more efficient at pumping, this also lowers your bp. Someone who walks 4 miles every day is in excellent cardiovascular shape.

ciecie..morning!

Nancy, you muse have killer legs. Sorry just wanted to say that.

today WI 192.0. Body is STILL showing signs of ovulation though...so not sure what is up with that...I hope I'm not getting a cyst...downloaded a graphing app so I can put in my daily weights since starting my woe

Old 07-30-2018, 12:11 PM   #393  

good afternoon! just had lunch. will go for a power walk and run an errand in a few minutes.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:50 PM   #394  

OK finally figured out my Microsoft starter allowed me to make a graph with 2 y axes. So I got a cool graph with daily weights, as an overlay of calorie consumption with a trend line. Worked on it all day and had to re-educate myself a little.

I tried several apps but didn't like them...then I tried libre office and couldn't figure out the terms they were using...so just tried my MS Office starter (pretty useful)

I was thinking about mowing today but it is hot I just took the trailer off the van, put it in garage, replaced it with the rack and took the trash off.. a little bit of a workout...

Last edited by jendiet; 07-30-2018 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:36 PM   #395  

good evening! will be going for a power walk and to run errands in a few minutes.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:47 PM   #396  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good afternoon all!
WI still up 169.8.....sheesh
It was very hot yesterday and DH and I attended an outdoor event and lasted..oh about 2 hours. Got in my car to leave and the temp read 106....it was still 90 outside at 8:30pm So did I feel like a roasted potato yesterday...yes I did. It is suppose to cool down towards the end of the week so I am excited. When it is this hot I can not even force myself to go to the gym.

Jen think you may be referring to novangels legs LOL mine is a picture of sunrise out an office window where I use to work. And she does have killer legs

Diana I seem to recommit every day lately and by evenings end right back where I was. I feel so defeated, self talks do not work with me, I have all the support I need from DH but still ....and today my jeans feel so tight you would think that would do it...but nope.

Granny it is great that you are able to get all those steps in first thing in the am
Old 07-30-2018, 07:01 PM   #397  

good evening again! just had supper. will go for a power walk and run an errand in a few minutes.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:05 PM   #398  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Today was a better day and my mind didn't drift into dangerous territory and I'm not feeling crazy right now.

nancylmrn Hang in there.

Jen I bought packets, so I would probably have to use more than one packet. I will try it again.

Total Approx 1315 Calories +

Breakfast (200 calories + )
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Fage 0% 90 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 grilled chicken breasts, 2 orders steamed broccoli 700 calories

Exercise:
Lean Body Circuits Upper Body w/10's, Lower Body w/10's, Boxing
20 minutes treadmill

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-30-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:21 PM   #399  

Nancy, no I was thinking of those gym exercises you do...

Nov is probably killing it with Jillian

granny, sorry you got roasted. Why do you think your jeans are tight?

Diana, where did you find packets?

mowed the lawn, back and side...front top of the hill but not the whole hill..not the fire pit, hope I can get the rest done tomorrow. 13,101 steps ..plus 1604 calories.

my hormones are absolutely wild this cycle.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:00 PM   #400  

Default July 2018

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have not posted in awhile. I was away and did not have access to the net...I posted about a week ago, but got bounced out...and did not get back to this site. Hope you all are doing well.

Welcome New People. This is a really good weight loss support group.
Jen: Thanks for your thoughtfulness. I am happy to hear you are having some weight loss success.
Happy Belated Birthday Diana.
GranNan and Nancy: I think you are doing great, weight-wise.
Sorry if I have forgotten anyone.

DIET: not bad, not great. I don't want to starve myself in order to lose weight...but that might be the only way to go.
EXERCISE: I did 40-50 laps a couple of times this week. but I have not worked out the past 2 days, other than weeding in the yard. This time of year, a wild grass takes off and overwhelms the garden and the lawn.

TODO: Find food mover and use it. Write out garden goals.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:55 AM   #401  

good morning! fell asleep in front of the tv. did wake up in time to watch bette davis in an episode of Alfred Hitchcock presents on metv. will be shutting down to go to bed in a few minutes.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:52 AM   #402  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 194.4 drop down but not a new low.
Walked 17,246 steps yesterday (8.2 miles) and getting ready to hit the street this morning.
Food is planned at Breakfast = 1 egg, ezekiel bread, and my breadless mater sammich (tomato, dukes, bacon) in a bowl.
Lunch/Dinner = onions, pepper, eggplant, beet greens and tofu with a curry sauce. Total calories for day = 1096.
While the dark chocolate is a nice reward for my steps, it is too many calories to afford daily.

Jendiet - no I don't think Mr Garmin is off. I am "maintaining" aerobic fitness means that to improve I need to push harder and get my heart-rate up for a longer period of time. Distance is not necessarily = effort. The lower RHR can also be decreased metabolism due to weight loss / thyroid and also potassium retention (losartan). It is taking a lot more effort to get weight off and I think the time has come to seriously look at weight training. I think the heat / pants comment was directed at the other Nancy and not at me..

Now as far as Libre office. Yes it is great and I use it on my personal computer but it is very frustrating as I use Excel for so many years and speaking two different command sets is a bit of a challenge. I will say that Excel 2016 has been very irritating to me; lot of crashing compared to older versions. I am looking at just buying office home edition. I hate the SAS model of using software.

Teri - weeding is a good workout. It does seem to get harder and harder to lose the weight.

Nancy - Wow 106 in the PNW. That sounds wicked hot. I won't complain about our muggy 90s though we have had a bit of a respite the past week. Though rain is forecast.

Diana - praying you find your control again. Sounds like you are headed the right way.

Last edited by grannynancy; 07-31-2018 at 06:20 AM.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:12 AM   #403  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
140.9 this morning

I skimmed quickly, looks like everyone is doing pretty well

Diana Chinese food can get me, I had an eating week end, I’m about 50 points to the negative, it should keep me in line for the rest of the week. Good time to recommit. Finish the month strong for a good start to next month.

Nancy we had a few needed dry days, my garden was like a jungle. off and on showers through the week now.

Jendiet cute poem, I had Stevia I didn’t like, it was called Truvia, I think. I just bought some called Stevia in the raw, same company as Sugar in the raw, I used one in my Greek yogurt, it was fine, I’l have to try the xylitol, where do you get it, same place as other sweeteners?

Ciecie

Novangel hope you’re feeling better

GrannyNancy you’re doing great!!

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 07-31-2018 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:15 AM   #404  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Teri Thank you and welcome back!

grannynancy Great job on your steps.

Jen This is what I bought https://www.vitacost.com/xlear-xylosweet-100-packets-5 You can also buy it in bulk packages: https://www.vitacost.com/xlear-xylosweet-1-lb-1

Last night: Full Body Standing Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1315
No Weigh In

Have a Blessed day

Hmm, I don't think there are any coincidences.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
July 31
Proverbs 10:25
As the whirlwind passeth, so is the wicked no more: but the righteous is an everlasting foundation.

When the group began, there were sixteen people involved. They all made a contract to lose twenty pounds by spring. Spring was less than two weeks away, and the group was down to seven members. As Jean walked along the sidewalk toward the building where her group met, she noticed some small saplings bending in the stiff March breeze. Some had broken off, but a few determined little plants held on for dear life. 'I'm like that,' Jean thought. 'Most of the others have given up, but I'm going to hang in there, no matter how stiff the challenge.' Perseverance is a huge part of a successful diet. Continually ask God for commitment to your cause. He is good to give it.

Today's thought: I'm determined to make it, no matter what!
Old 07-31-2018, 02:16 PM   #405  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good afternoon to all
WI down just a hair 169.2....so for the month of July down .6 LOL oh well
I am slowly getting back to low carb eating, it's a process. I did not log my food yesterday or this past week. I am trying new approach number 1,473,206 Going to work into my low carb lifestyle since I know I can sustain it for long periods of time. So going off the carbs slowly, not that I really was way way over (except for pizza nights). I am going to need to do a bit of low carb shopping though and this Sunday I am cooking a turkey for my DH, and siblings. All the sides are low carb as well, can't believe my family is buying into it for me LOL. I know they just want the turkey.
The weather has cooled some only suppose to be in the high 80's today instead of the 90's and it is over cast so that helps tons. So back to the gym today as long as the clouds don't lift too soon. will try and check in tonight after workout
Closed Thread