Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 09:49 AM   #271  

Good morning.... I finally weight myself in.... so sad and disappointed... I am at 180lbs Never been this heavy in my life... the heaviest was 148 lbs after I had my son 5 years ago.... oh well.... but it's in my hands right? It's in my control to lose or to keep gaining, so I chose to lose! starting now.... I am still struggling on how to count calories.... I may use the color code containers.... not sure yet.... I'll post later about today's food, but I wanted to start the day with accountability by weighing myself in.... I don't think I have stepped on the scale for at least 6 months.... and then I was in the 160s.
Have a great day everyone, and stick to your plan )
Old 07-20-2018, 10:02 AM   #272  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Thanks for the welcome, Jen, and congrats on the new low!

I hope you get some answers very soon, Diana.

nancy - Oh man, sorry about your husband's thumb! I'm not surprised by the fellow gym goer's comment. When I read about your workouts, I always think that you must be very fit! After I started working out years back, I observed that regular strength training (heck, even semi-regular) makes me look about 10 pounds lighter than how I look without it.

Carla - Well done on taking the first step!

Happy Friday, all!
Old 07-20-2018, 10:37 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 209/157/128

Height: 5’3”

Hi everyone, congratulations to Jen & Carla for reaching your new lows!

Diana glad to hear you are feeling a little better. I will keep you in my prayers that you find out what is causing it and get some permanent relief.

Carla congrats on your first weigh-in and starting on a new path. Sometimes fear of the unknown paralyzes us into doing nothing; which of course only makes things worse. So you have taken a HUGE step.

I also hate facing the scale and still only weigh-in weekly. I haven’t figured out if I should change this or not, but for now this is what I am comfortable with. I figure small changes are better than no changes.

So today was my 1 week weigh-in day and I was 152! of course the first week is always a big loss which is nice because it is inspiring, but I realize from here on it will be a crawl AND a struggle. In fact from past experiences I have found sometimes I will have a small gain the second week after this first big loss. I guess it’s the body’s way of adjusting. But in the past I would often let it derail me and I would start my negative self-talk, binge, more weight gain, then eventually just quit! So I have put post-it’s on my mirror to remind myself every morning when I read them, that small set backs are ok. The End Goal is what I need to focus on.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #274  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Frustrated, it sounds like experience is giving you wisdom.

Carla, congrats on taking that first step to admit the problem. Scales are a useful tool in weight loss but should NOT drive your effort or lack of...those who lost a lot like Diana and granny know how to ride the roller coaster of weight loss.

Nancy, I had no doubt you were fit.

chunka, you should have some good muscle memory and find it easier to get fit. .I read an article about how weight training in younger years actually builds muscle cells that are ready to respond when weight training is resumed.

gran, bump up here too! Don't read too much into it...

nov, it's awesome to see your fitness increasing...I need to get back to my planks and bridges...I just started FULL bridges to counter the girdle with erector spinae muscles...I remember doing bridges in gymnastics as a precursor to walk overs..

ciecie, what do your morning workouts consist of?

ok, so today, if it stays cloudy and not rainy...going to get tire fixed, get mulch for beds and weed and fertilize a little more. I cautiously sprayed around the beds with weed killer to make a line between the bed and grass...

I learned most of these landscaping things from my ex who was a landscaper. I watched him and appreciated his efforts. I have a pretty green lawn in front and back just have to fix the driveway and where the tree cutters left a bunch of wood

today's WI suprisingly with less calories than I have eaten in a while and more activity was 193.6. A bump of .6 up.

ok, getting off here to run around and do this stuff...

Old 07-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #275  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning/afternoon to all
WI 167.8 up .6 from yesterday, but am not surprised since I ate a meal out yesterday. DH is doing better this morning we changed the dressing but still going to be a long road. Thank you to everyone for keeping us in your prayers.

But I am excited to say we are still going to get away …..so in just a few hours I will leave work and be on the road and not back until Sunday sometime. So I most likely will not be able to read or write posts here.
Diana I am looking forward to hearing what is going on with you!

To everyone see you on Sunday
Old 07-20-2018, 01:47 PM   #276  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I am back from the Dr and testing. First off, thank you all for your support. So, I tested negative for everything, all the previous blood work as well as the food testing from today. The Dr. said that I could be in the 1-5% range that does not react to the testing. Meaning I could still have something but don't test positive. I feel like a crazy person, but I can tell that she believes me. Now about the lip balm reaction, she said that she believes that I have some type of contact allergy going on with my mouth. Of course her recommendation is not to use that product anymore and try not to use anything else that contains those ingredients. She said to go back to eating the healthy foods that I have eliminated and to start them back slowly. We discussed about me eating the cinnamon/turmeric in the past. We agree that I should avoid that since I showed a major improvement when I stopped them. There is a medicine that works for some people who has weird reactions like me and who don't respond well with the traditional treatment, antihistamines, etc. But, you have to try the other steps before going to that medication. She wants me to try this therapy in case I get worse, in the future. Actually this week was better with the hives, except for the mouth situation from the lip balm. I am pondering my choices.

First off I could do nothing and take a wait and see approach. My DH believes I should take a wait and see approach and see if things continue to improve on their own.

Second: She gave me a month worth of samples of Xyzal, she gave me a prescription for generic Singulair (which will be free at my pharmacy), and wants me to start a different H2 antihistamine (like Pepcid. I just quit another H2 antihistamine Zantac due to the tests I got today. I am not fond of going back on a H2. When my Dad passed away I ended up on Prilosec because of stomach acid. I worked my way off of the Prilosec, down to Zantac and then completely off all of it. Recently with getting off the Zantac the acid flared up again and I am doing much better now, but I just worry about getting off it all over again.)

I guess another option is to test drive the Xyzal alone, Xyzal and Singulair, but not the H2(Pepcid) product.

I have no experience with Xyzal or generic Singulair. The pharmacist and Dr. both said these two products are very well tolerated. But I hate trading my current problems (hives/reactions) to another set of problems (side effects)

Does anyone here have experience with Xyzal or generic Singulair and can share your thoughts? Of course we are all different and we all react different to products, but I would like to hear what you can share from your perspective.

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-20-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:00 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 209/157/128

Height: 5’3”

Hi Dianna, I just happened to check in tonight and saw your post. Singulair is a really effective medication and is usually well tolerated by most people. Since the H2 meds work very differently than the others you were prescribed if it were me, I would take it, because esophageal problems are worse than taking a pill (to me). But I personally would not take the Xyzal. It is primarily for sinus allergies and for a lot of people is not that effective but causes some severe drowsiness & dizziness. If I was going to take that I would prefer to take Benadryl which is proven safe & effective- as long as you don’t mind being sleepy. LOL

Last edited by Frustrated2; 07-20-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:13 PM   #278  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,
137.7 this morning a new low
it was a weird day yesterday and this morning but I believe back to normal now.

Diana I was going to say I have no experience with those medications, but have been allergic to many different medications. With your issues I would try one thing at a time and see how that is tolerated before adding in another. Kind of like troubleshooting, if you add more than one and have a reaction you won’t know which caused it. Best of luck

hope everyone has a great night and rest of the weekend

I’m going to do a neon night run/walk with my ww group, totally out of my comfort zone, but should be lots of fun.

Last edited by kelijpa; 07-20-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:18 PM   #279  

good evening! 2 miles leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. power walked and ran an errand during my lunch break. power walked and ran an errand on my way to supper tonight. ran into a couple of friends I hadn't seen in years there tonight. it was nice visiting with jan and barb. power walked home after supper.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:18 PM   #280  

Hello.... this is what I ate today.... no clue of calories though:

B: 2 eggs and coffee
L: a bowl of homemade chicken soup and about 1/4 cup of sheppard pie.
S: protein shake, made with 1 scoop of chocolate syntha6 and 1/2 banana
D: a bowl of the same soup and 2 toneup brownies (100 calories for the diet brownies)

That's it for today! I hope that's under 1500 calories.

Diana, i hope the doctors can help u figure it out. Maybe you have an intolerance to something that won't show in the tests. good luck

Waving to everyone!
Old 07-20-2018, 09:28 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Diana, I don't know but I agree with hubby. I don't like being on any med though...I agree I wouldn't use the lip balm again

keli...woot!!! New low!

Nancy have an awesome trip!!!

1230 calories today between breakfast coffee and quarter pounder and salad. I AM hungry tonight...just drinking up the water...

coffee at 10 am and dinner finished at 430...might be why feeling hungry...either way tomorrow is another day...hope to see a drop...
Old 07-20-2018, 10:15 PM   #282  

Hello quick comment, I signed up for myfitness pal and I entered the food and it says I am at 1161 calories, of course that's an estimate. I like the site.

Have a good night everyone.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:03 PM   #283  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all the support.

Someone on another forum mentioned that she tested negative for foods but did a contact dermatitis test and there were items that showed she had issues with. That might be what I have going on. The Dr. even mentioned that it sounds like I have some type of "contact" thing going on with my mouth. It should be easy to figure out since there aren't a lot of ingredients in the lip balm.

Anyways, tonight I had regular (orange) cheese on my salad. It has been so stressful worrying about my foods at every meal. My friend from church and I went grocery shopping tonight. I was looking at some stuff and in my mind thinking I can't have this, I can't have that. And then I realized that I could. I looked at her and said "look at all of that, I can have whatever I want". It was a funny moment. I have been really struggling with my eating and I think it's from the stress of everything that I think I can't have. Tonight I didn't even feel the cravings for foods that I usually feel. Everything has been a battle for me, every day. Also, tonight I bought a box of Yasso frozen yogurt pops, just because I could eat it, LOL. Anyways, I ate one and gave one to DH. I was satisfied with it and didn't have the desire for any more. Very interesting. But that's today and tomorrow might be different.

Total Approx 1415 Calories +

Breakfast (200 calories + )
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Fage 0% 90 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Melon chunks 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Salad w/seared tuna w/BHF's ranch 700 calories
yasso frozen yogurt 100 calories

Exercise:
Gilad Tone Every Inch w//tubing & #5
30 minute treadmill @ gym

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-20-2018 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:33 PM   #284  
Trying to live below 200

I went back to compare my old lip balm to things that I am currently using. My old lipbalm has bees wax and my lip stick has beeswax. I have a lipstick that does not have beeswax. I will test drive that one for a while to see how I do.

ETA: I also have the Chubby sticks from Clinique that I used. I remember that they seemed to irritate me for some reason. They also have beeswax. Woot Woot! more science experiments to come!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-20-2018 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:45 AM   #285  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Quick catch up from the last 3 days:

Friday:
Wt = 149
Exercise: 2 minute burst
Nutrition:
B = Muffin + 1/2 Banana
L = Kimbap
D = Kimbap + noodles, Halo Top
S = noodles, banana, almond butter, slice of toast w butter