Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 09:36 PM   #346  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

nancylmrn Stay hydrated, that's hot! I have spent so much time "researching" my problem and it's possible solution. My Mom said that it would all go away if I would get to where I didn't give a sh!t about everything. She's probably right.

grannynancy Have you noticed that bugs are more attracted to certain people? My DH has a terrible time with them. If it's out there, it will bite him. We can be sitting next to each other and they will be on him and not bother me as badly.

Jen Did you and the boys play at the McDonald's playland today?

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled tuna & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Nothing, took a rest day. Had too much going on.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:07 PM   #347  

good night ladies! went for a power walk after supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:25 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Nancy, yuk. I am so sorry. I gave my kids a spiel about how appreciative we should be of ac...

Diana, no we never made it...I went school shopping for ds2 instead.. more fun? It was spur of moment and his list is usually short. I also bought some prek materials for ds3. I don't do 4k. So I teach my kids myself and then give guidance after that..it was cute my 7 year old spent my work time teaching my 4 year old who then decided I didn't need to teach him at all. I found a cursive writing book for my 7 year old as well.

they are going for their last full week of their summer with their dad. ..as every other weekend resumes the first Friday of August...I'm of course glad, but always feel sorry for my ex for the sudden shift....he makes it worse by not coming to get them on his Thursday nights the weeks that are not his weekend...

anyways, got A LOT on my mind so hoping this darn melatonin will kick in...my mom birthday is the 29th and she is in Oklahoma. Ds1 goes to court on the 31st...then there's this crazy blood moon eclipse thing. .and I'm just heart broken by the devastation around the world...

I'm supposed to go to a birthday party on Saturday but not sure I am going.

I've been avoiding the friend I bought my car from (but need to make payment) because he makes unwanted passes at me and I totally suck at finding a way to not hurt feelings but deliver my message firmly...my mom is like "just tell him" and I'm like "I've told him but I don't think he gets it!!"...so prayers needed there...

Then of course just dealing with my ex takes alot of emotional stamina....my mood is not the best for encounters of EITHER a rejection type encounter with me a's rejectee or rejector.

the kids (and previously the dog) were piled in my bed in a way that leaves me in a quandary (to shove them aside and squeeze in somehow or break up the sleeping party....they are leaving tomorrow...so I probably will jam myself in there and sleep with numb limbs and kinked neck ONE MORE night...

my calories were 1564 I think....so a little higher than they have been. I'm not expecting a drop so well see...hope I don't go too high...

Old 07-27-2018, 05:29 AM   #349  

good morning! will work out and have breakfast in a few minutes.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:00 AM   #350  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Today is by early day and I went to bed too late, so not enough sleep.

Last night: Full Body Standing Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 189.4
Up: .4

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
July 27
Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Why do so many people believe that God has absolute power over life and death but doubt whether He can do anything to help them transform a small part of their own lives? Why should a few pounds of flesh be a more insurmountable obstacle than a mountain or a stone that sealed a tomb? True faith reminds us that our Lord is the Lord of the impossible. He enables us to rise above our limitations through the power of the Holy Spirit. Our God must be the Lord of the diet, too. The Lord who resurrected Jesus Christ on Easter morning will faithfully resurrect us from a tomb of obesity and flesh. Trust in God's power, for by it we are saved.

Today's thought: I need Jesus to save me from me!
Old 07-27-2018, 09:55 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 209/157/128

Height: 5’3”

Default Hi everyone,

A few of you asked about my volunteer work at the zoo; so first about that. A lot of people don’t realize that the majority of zoos today are about conservation and protecting animals. So anyway a lot of what everyone does is educate the public about the animals, how they got there, how we can protect endangered species or species that some feel are a “nuisance” & could one day be endangered. In addition to that, I assist at certain animal displays such as the Giraffes, Llamas, Alpacas etc to help the public have an opportunity to feed them and except for the Giraffes they can also pet many of them.

I’ve been there for several months and will start training in August to work one on one with some of the more exotic animals like small alligators, parrots etc and give presentations to groups. I really enjoy it.

Ok, so today was my WI day and I was pleasantly surprised to find I was 151.5! So I actually dropped a little bit this week, which I didn’t expect after my big first week loss last week. So I was really pleased.

I wish you all a great day, I know I have lots of work ahead of me, so I need to get going. Talk later. 😊
Old 07-27-2018, 10:56 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good morning. 165.0 small bump down. Upped my steps to 16,000 yesterday - have 10,894 now and plan to take two breaks to add another 2500

Getting into a morning rhythm. Each dog gets me for 2 miles then gets brushed and coat blown out. Some days I may put them to 3 or 4 by walking both at the same time. I get in the bulk of steps before work.

Food is planned at 1244 calories. I have become the master of the one egg omelet (with .5oz cheese and 1 slice bacon and packed with veggies.
Tomorrow is training day again and I will be fully armed with bug spray.

Nancy - Look into this product. We got it for my husband when his van went out of AC. https://glaciertek.com/ They work very well!

Frustrated - Congrats on the loss. That sure sounds like interesting volunteer work.

Jen - Hope you can get a good night sleep tonight!

Diana - my husband is out in the garden all the time in shorts and no shirt or a short sleeved t. I have to be in long pants, long shirt, both of which are saturated with DEET. Geeeesh. In addition to the bugs, the squash, melon, cucumber vines like to prickle my skin.

Last edited by grannynancy; 07-27-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #353  

Granny, yay for the bump down...
frustrated, that is cool!!!

Diana, good devotion again

bump up to 193.0 which I'm pretty sure is from ovulation...so trying to stay positive
​​​​​
Old 07-27-2018, 04:57 PM   #354  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good afternoon to all!
WI same 169.0 just can seem to see the scale move down...but it is not moving up either. Eating was not great yesterday so was surprised there was not a bit of a gain. I am craving buffalo chicken wings for some crazy reason and a bloody mary. wierd....

Frustrated, my DH and I are members (yeah so much fun) of our local zoo and the volunteer program (like you describe) is in high demand. I understand there is a wait list of over a year just to participate in the area of education. On many occasions I have to give kudos to those volunteers and the knowledge they are able to pass on to others. It seems each time we visit we see or learn something new about the wonderful animals at the zoo. Right now they are completing a new aquarium. The old one was built I think in the 50's? https://www.pdza.org
Granny I love omelets with veggies, peppers, onions and tomatoes are my fav!, btw I have really been slacking this week on w/o and steps. but will be back at this weekend
Jen those little bump ups and downs from hormones should not bother you much (???? LOL) it could be worse you could be menopausal and then your metabolism is truly out of wack.

Old 07-27-2018, 05:26 PM   #355  

good evening! 2 miles leslie Sansone before I left work this morning. power walked and ran errands before I punched in. will power walk to supper tonight. will power walk home after supper.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:50 PM   #356  

HI ladies. Really feeling blah. Yeah at ovulation last month I was 197.4, this time 192.4...so it's still going ok.

I finished at 1309 calories for the day. Didnt do much of anything except play with my kids...

I feel something deep inside. Something like unrest. I get like this before some tragedy happens...I just want to withdraw and pray.

Anyways going to say goodnight now.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:57 PM   #357  

good evening again! power walked home from dinner tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:07 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good night. Tomorrow morning will be early. Dog training. Got in 17,053 steps today and, allegedly a calorie deficit of 836 calories.

Planning on taking my breakfast so I can eat it at 10am. Tomorrow will probably not be as many steps but the food for the day is planned. I think it will be a short training day so I should be home in time for a late lunch.

Jen - I hope you are wrong and nothing tragic happens. But withdrawing and praying that could be a good thing. Glad you played with the kids today.

EDIT Good Morning 165.0 no change drrinking coffee getting ready to go

Last edited by grannynancy; 07-28-2018 at 05:04 AM.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:47 PM   #359  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Jen
I just prayed for you. I hope the feelings are nothing. I know that feeling, though.

Total Approx 1645 +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
grilled steak 500 calories
cut up melon 100 calories

Exercise:
1 Mile walk
45 minutes of Tae Bo Cardio Abs Live

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-27-2018 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:02 PM   #360  
Warrior Princess

I got Jillian in last night but not tonight, I'm too anxious about picking my Son up from the airport tomorrow AM. I get nervous about planes, especially when it's my Son flying.

It's definitely time to move up a level on 30 Day Shred. It's getting too easy. 👍💪

TOM is finally due tomorrow but bad timing since I'll be super busy. The lunar eclipse makes me super moody too. Some people don't believe in that stuff but once you've worked in medical it will make you a believer.

Be back tomorrow.
Closed Thread