Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 09:31 PM   #391  

dad slipped out of his chair after the nurse from the home health care agency left. I pressed the button on life alert base to get help with getting him off the floor. didn't go to church tonight. the heat was really making me sick. heated some soup for dad for his supper. I didn't eat any as I had gotten sick.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:33 PM   #392  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default July 23rd

Today was a good day. I did my workout outdoors today and got my 10,000 steps in. Total calorie intake was 1007. I was out late last night with a friend so I was too tired to post. I walked 15000+ steps yesterday, did my work out and ate healthy for a total of 1019 calories plus 216 calories from 1 beer.

Thank You all for the concern about the dizziness and blackouts. Since I have significantly cut processed sugar and carbs out of my diet, I've been experiencing blood sugar lows that result in these side effects. This is also what was causing my head aches. I bought some glucose tablets and now I'm back to normal. If I start to feel light headed, I take 1 tablet and I'm good to go.

Oh and I had my 2 week weigh in today! In the past two weeks, I've lost 8 lbs!
Old 07-24-2016, 01:04 AM   #393  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

It was pretty hot here again today. I’ve had a headache on and off for a few days now. Too many things to mention here are causes for my headaches, so suffice it to say that I need to watch it! I felt unwell all day today so I did not go for a walk outside, but I did get on my treadmill for a little while in the evening.

B: scrambled eggs w/grated cheese, baby carrots, chai tea w/ a tiny bit of half and half.
L: grilled chicken and baby carrots
S: one chocolate chip cookie
D: celery w/peanut butter, 3 lemon grass chicken egg rolls dipped in teriyaki sauce
D: orange dark chocolate and mint tea

E: treadmill

Diana Los Angeles has a dry subtropical climate and the heat in summer is mostly a dry heat, so, humidity is rarely a problem. Walking on hot days in the summer doesn’t seem hard, however, sometimes we do have to watch out for air quality, especially during the summer when the amount of smog can be very high. Today was bad because there were some big fires here in the surrounding hills yesterday afternoon and that made a big yellow cloud hover over the sky today. Sometimes I just feel ill during the hot summer days, but fortunately I can go sit on the beach and that usually heals me.

Inkrid I know what you mean by it being too hot to eat. We didn’t have a regular dinner today for that same reason.

ciecie I’m so sorry about your dad slipping out of his chair. I hope he is okay. And I hope you feel better. I hope it cools off soon.

FYML Congrats on the 8 pound loss!

Sundove Hi!
Old 07-24-2016, 08:17 AM   #394  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Ciecie Is your Dad OK? I hope he didn't get hurt again.

FYML Congrats on the 8 pounds!

Magistra Poor air quality is not good. I hope you are feeling better today. Great job with the treadmill.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1580 +
No Weigh In

I felt really heavy and swollen when I woke this morning. I didn't request my food to be prepared without seasoning. I have found that I can control a lot of the fluid retention with eating salads now. Even though I still get it from the angioedema. My food and calories were OK from last night but everything was prepared with their seasoning and I could feel it today. UGH!

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-24-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:22 AM   #395  

Height: 5'9"

Hi Gang! Oh my goodness, I'm seeing a common theme with the heat! Stay cool and don't be embarrassed when you pour water over your head or jump in the water!

Hang in there FYML! The dizziness and blackouts sound scary!!

OK, it was scalding outside and freezing inside. I broke down and made Stew!! (mostly concocted in oven rather than the stove top I'm not crazy!) It had to be done. And much appreciated by the fam. who realized that they want dinner after all! LOL!

Didn't really eat before, just chips and popcorn.

Going to nosh on church hospitality food and cook some chicken tonight with egg noodles.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:09 AM   #396  

inkrid, glad you enjoyed being with your family.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:26 PM   #397  
Eni

S/C/G: 112/101/75 kg

Height: 178 cm

Thumbs up Eni's food and "sport"

Hi girls and thank you for your welcoming words!

For today:
- 100 ml probiotic yoghurt and 1 tbsp. linseed
- 1/2 naan bread (around 200 kcal) + 3 thin slices of salami, coffee + milk
- 1 nectarine and 2 plums
- Caesar salad, 2 mini breads with butter, 3 mini chocolates (~800 kcal overall for this lunch, I think)
- 1/2 naan bread, 50 g ricotta cheese
- around 100 g of lamb + tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, 1 tsp olive oil

Total calories: 1750-1800.

Movement: 2 hours of walking, moderate pace
Old 07-24-2016, 04:29 PM   #398  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

For the 6th day in a row, my weight is at 152.7. That's my longest at one weight since I started losing. This 10 pound milestone sure likes building suspense.

ciecie - I'm so sorry that your dad is going through all this.
Eni - Welcome to the thread!
Diana - I hope you feel better soon!

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 07-24-2016 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:56 PM   #399  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Inkrid Chicken and egg noodles sound delish.

Ciecie How is your dad?

Eni Great job on the fitness.

Chunkahlunkah Hang in there. :

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening!
Today' Devotion for Dieters: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/5271849-post218.html

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-24-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:07 PM   #400  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1000 Calories +
Why is it that all days can't feel like today? I ate lower calories but wasn't hungry. I guess I should just appreciate those days when I get them. (I don't get them often enough. )

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic valley vanilla shake 190 calories
coconut water 70 calories
coffee w/stevia-sugar blend

Lunch (450 calories)
salad w/romaine, roasted turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, 1/2 avocado & BHF's ranch 400 calories
decaf low acid iced coffee my usual way 50 <--I am grateful to be able to have my iced coffee again

Dinner (290 calories)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
organic American cheese 60 calories

Exercise:
Circuit workout from Kathy Smith's Total Body Turnaround w/12's
TF Fire 45EZ
Old 07-24-2016, 09:28 PM   #401  

dad had a better day today. he spent most of it sleeping. was going to give him his night time meds but I don't have the heart to wake him up. did wake him up so that he could some supper.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:13 PM   #402  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default July 24th

Today was an okay day. I had a total of 822 calories. I tried to eat more but I just wasn't hungry. I did have a little "cheat" today after dinner as I had some pudding on a graham cracker crust topped with strawberries. I reached my 10,000 steps and did my workout in the AM. Tomorrow is back to work and back to business as usual.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:44 PM   #403  

Hi all
Ciecie I am so sorry to read that your dad has been going through so much. It must be so difficult for him and you all. you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

FYML Glad you figured out what was causing the dizziness and blackouts. And that you were able to find something that you can take, glucose tablets. Congratulations on the 8 lbs.

Diana wow, you really rocked those low calories today. I too wish I could do that every day. I hope the bloat from the seasonings at the resturaunt is history now. Re: samples at whole foods, I am happy to report we do not have one of those where I live. They were blocked from coming here. It would have cut into the sales of the 2 similar stores that are already here. The developer wanted to put the store in a very strange area that was not logical. So the city was able to say no no no. That keeps me from saying yes yes yes to their food I think that being retired without a husb. or male friend makes staying out of shape much easier BUT maybe if I had a dh or BF I could walk with him, if he wants me to firm up. Back to reality....

Chunkalunkah I remember decades ago when I still ate red meat I would have that when I was on a plateau. It would start moving that scale downward. Especially if I didn't mix that meal with carbs. IDK if that info would be of interest. I hope the scale moves soon !

Eni Hi. Very good to meet you. Glad you are here. Its a great community.

Inkrid I am sorry to read that you will not be able to see your DS often. That's one of the hardest parts of being a mom (hopefully). The stew sounds good. I eat the same food weather it is 101 degrees or 10 below zero. So I would def. eat stew today

Magistra I am sorry that the air quality is making you feel ill. I did briefly read about the current fires. So sad how that happens. I am sure breathing it in is not a pleasant thing. But as you said, you have that beautiful beach to offer clearing and healing. "Crepe Myrtle trees in bloom " sound very poetic. I must google images of that.

Terry your schedule for August sure does sound full. congratulations on being back to 5 lbs lost.

Sundove to answer your question, I was just doing the emimination diet because I was instructed to. I was so out of touch with my body that I did not really notice a difference. I think if I did it again, I would notice if there was a difference. I believe I am more turned in now. I am sorry that you relate to what i wrote. Hopefully you, I, can get in a great eating for health groove.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundove View Post
Today I finished up an errand and had the usual "time for a treat" feeling, like a conditioned reflex. I said NO to the urge the to eat until I got home & had dinner. It was like re-discovering a muscle group that had atrophied from non-use. Maybe there is a feel-good experience from exercising self-discipline
YES ! I think that's it. Establishing those muscles. Remembering they exist. I think it is more complex than that for many people. But I do think that is a component.

Kelijpa I hope you were at a music festival this weekend. Hope all is well

Hi to everyone else including CoolMom and BelovedWarrior Hope you both are doing well.

Saturday was an off plan day. I was planning to eat right. But then I got an invitation I could not refuse. So I had a lot of blueberries, blue cheese and smoked rainbow trout. Plus other foods as well that were not so fattening.

Sunday was better but not great. I went to Costco. Also I had 3 small apples. So I am sure Monday will not be a scale day.

I hope you all have a great Monday. And Ciecie, I hope your dad has a good Monday.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:35 AM   #404  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Eating went well today. Exercise went well too. My headache is gone. I woke up with a little one this morning but knocked it out with a cup of coffee. Hopefully the headache is gone for good.

The big fire I spoke of yesterday is still going. It’s been burning for three days and a friend of my husband’s has lost his home to the fire. This happens every so often to someone we know. Some years ago, the mountains by our piano teacher’s home were burning, but I took my kids to their lesson anyway. It was crazy. We could see the fire from her front yard. Everybody was evacuating the neighborhood, but my piano teacher had complete faith in the fire fighters and didn’t believe it would reach her home. In the end she was right. Still . . .

B: scrambled eggs w/grated cheese, baby carrots, coffee w/half and half
L: smoothie w/fresh raspberries, vanilla yogurt, lots of crushed ice and a packet of Splenda, TJ’s individual bagged nut mix
D: grilled salmon, kale salad, butternut squash
D: two squares dark chocolate, mint tea

E: 20 minute walk around the neighborhood

Diana How I hate that heavy swollen feeling after eating out. I hope you feel better today.

Flower blueberries, blue cheese, and smoked rainbow trout sounds delicious. Even though it wasn’t on your plan, I hope you enjoyed it, and the apples. Mmm . . . sounds good!

I hope everybody is staying hydrated in this heat. And I hope the heat lets up soon. Temperatures are in the high 90’s/low 100’s here. The yellow sky has disappeared but it could be back tomorrow . . .

Have a marvelous Monday everybody!

Last edited by magistra17; 07-25-2016 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:59 AM   #405  

S/C/G: 190/179/145

Height: 6ft

Ive never ever posted on here, just creeped, but today I feel a bit of guilt that i shouldn't. Ive been doing nutrisystem (besides the cost its been great jumpstart) and have lost about 10ish pounds this past month. Today i had my normal nutrisystem dessert and about a half hour later had frozen yogurt with peanut butter cups. I know i shouldn't sweat the miss ups but I feel weirdly guilty about this one. Today otherwise was a good day with lots of water and vegetables. I didn't workout because today is my rest day, but i have barre class tomorrow morning. Sorry about a random post lol, just need to get over the guilt so i can move forward
Closed Thread