Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 03:26 PM   #466  

Height: 5'9"

Hi Gang!

Hope everyone is beating the heat!!

Modelling: I have a picture from that day. Which I pointed to the guy friend who didn't believe it on the way out!! "Don't let the door smack ya where God cracked ya!!"

Breakfast: Burrito (from the health food freezer section in the store).
Lunch: Half a Sandwich (Turkey, Melted Cheese, Bacon, Lettuce, Mayo)
Snack: D&D Coffee
Dinner: Dinner Meeting at someone's house. My offering is Soft Cheese, Salmon Spread and Fancy Crackers. If it's a buffet, will pick my favorite "half" of foods available. If it's a sit down will grin, bear it and enjoy (but skimp on dessert which is usually in kitchen, been to this house before)

Old 07-28-2016, 03:34 PM   #467  

temps are much cooler here today!
Old 07-28-2016, 03:46 PM   #468  

Hey All I hope you all are having a great day. I tried to post earlier but was unsuccessful. Life is kicking in full swing right now. Tomorrow is on call for 7 days and found out that I will be splitting another week with someone else as well...schedule for the next couple of months already had little wiggle room. I am going to come off of 3FC since my reality is that I won't have the time or energy to be consistent. I know my God will give me all that I need and MORE to get things done. I still have 18 pounds to lose before goal. It was 23 when I started) Actually, I may be a tad lighter since I have been doing very well this week with exercise and eating. My sister and I are going to continue to support each other in our fitness strides. It's been real, fun, and great getting to know you. I know you all will success with your health goals. I will check try to check in one more time before on call begins tomorrow at 5pm sharp!!! Thanks for all of your support))
Old 07-28-2016, 06:48 PM   #469  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciecie View Post
belovedwarrior, thanks for the prayers. dad's nose break was a hair line fracture. he's feeling better everyday.

Oh that exceptional news.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:22 PM   #470  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry23 View Post
I am going to come off of 3FC since my reality is that I won't have the time or energy to be consistent.
Terry!

First off ... I want to say I understand.
And Yes, God will give you all that you need and MORE to get things done. (God shall supply all your needs according to His riches....)

On a personal note -- :sad:
I will miss you very very much!
Your posts always sparked joy in my heart and I loved that you are unashamed of your God!
I pray you (and your sister) will have great success ... and that someday we both get to the GRAND CANYON!

I think you are a blast!!
Love and Hugs
Gail
Old 07-28-2016, 07:55 PM   #471  

Terry I'm sad to see you go & hope you will drop back in and say hi when your time eases up. I enjoyed your posts very much
Old 07-28-2016, 08:15 PM   #472  

BW Good to see you back--thanks for reminder to get on the wall now. It will keep me out of the kitchen. Hope you're doing that binge watching in a nice cool room with AC.

HiCoolMom!

Back later!

Last edited by Sundove; 07-28-2016 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:15 PM   #473  

just got back from dinner. had a nice healthy chicken salad. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:02 PM   #474  

Sundove ... ah, no! No AC for me

Here's what's been going on in my world

Update on my life – total CRAY CRAY!!

Well, I think the last I yakked I let you all know I wasn’t well because of overdoing … well, someday I may learn!!

I got better – “yay”

But then !!

I set aside last week and this week to DO NOTHING but work in my house to prepare to show for a possible sale. And, in general, just to get rid of C.R.A.P --- (ca-ca retained and piling-up).

Well, when all was said and done – last week, the only day I DIDN’T schedule outside the house --- Saturday! And this week … today and most of tomorrow (dinner at 730pm). WHAT!! ??

I hit the wall Yesterday! Came home and went to bed. Cancelled my massage for today … been just catching up here on 3FC's (which I’ve learned helps me be connected with myself – what some call centered).

Here’s a shortened synopsis of Monday & Tuesday (and I’m putting this on here more for myself to see the lunacy of my life.) Remember – these are days I was to PLAN NOTHING!! (argh!)

Monday the day started at 930 am – sat with a friend who has dementia / set up an impromptu lunch with a friend I haven’t seen for quite a while / last minute plans to pick up three tables from church & take to EAA for a missionary’s booth / got home at 7ish

Tuesday started at 8:00 am – met a friend for breakfast and help figure out stuff on computer / long phone conversation (very emotional) / met with a young man – had questions re: accounting careers / stopped at older (92) man’s home, to give notice of quitting, whose books I’ve been doing for years (I wanted to quit over a year ago). I told him in person. Cried when I said good bye … told him “I love him” and he said “I love you too.” Called his daughter to let her know … cried and felt like I was kicking a sad feeble dog to the curb Very difficult! / purchased items for a fruit salad / cut up fruit - jump in car … head to a dinner with friends / Talked with daughter of an elderly friend who is not doing well – healthwise / got home - phone and texting friend whose husband is in ER / Pick up food - take to friend while she waits for hubby / I sit and wait with her / 11:45 – got home / watched tv until 1am (to unwind). Over 2500 calories today!

Wednesday - Met a friend at 9am then from there worked at pantry at 10:45 and then straight way to a study at 1pm. Left early to get some lunch at 3pm … went home and CRASHED!!

AND I WONDER WHY I’M EXHAUSTED!! AARGH! When will I learn??

I am mentally flat lined, emotionally spent, physically exhausted, and do not want to see any people today!

In addition – it has been blistering hot and humid here, just like everywhere else. I do not have AC, so I’ve been using the dehumidifier and a fan. Thankfully I am not a hottie! However, I love to have my windows open, but that has been nearly impossible.

TODAY!! Yippee! No people / not hanging out on the phone with anyone / spending time chilling … eating very little (not hungry I think my gut is shut down too) / and the WINDOWS are open with a wonderful non-humid breeze!!

So, I have ABSOLUTELY nothing planned on the calendar for the first two weeks of August. I hope I’ve learned my lesson and I don’t book anything. I can’t tell people I’m on vacation – only to stay home and work on my house … because I’m retired and they won’t get it! Oh well, I will just have to be persistent (WITH MYSELF!!)

Hugs to you all…

And, now you know the saga as to why you haven’t seen me for half a month (it feels like).

Gail

Old 07-28-2016, 09:27 PM   #475  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow is my early day, so this will be a quick one.

Terry I understand. You will be missed. Check back in if you get a chance. We wish you the absolute best with your journey. Also, thank you for letting us know that you will be stepping away. I do worry and think about people when they leave.

Belovedwarrior It's good to see you.

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch

Exercise:
KCM's Cardio Pump combined workouts w/#13

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-29-2016 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:46 PM   #476  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Diana, thanks for commiserating with me. Continuing to keep track and stay on damage control is sometimes all we can muster. Hopefully we can get that spark going again, especially before the fall/winter holiday challenge.

Beloved, I tested out Stranger Things that is getting attention on Netflix...not sure yet if it's for me.

Terry, your energy here will be missed. But, I understand. I can barely hang on, myself. You might find that you do better checking in once in a while than checking out completely.

I'm hanging out for three hours twice a week while my son is in his drivers ed class. It's far enough away that I can't drop him off and go home. This time I brought the dog and am taking him for walks in between breaks, listening to the political circus on the radio.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:23 PM   #477  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default July 28th

Today was meh. My eating wasn't clean and healthy for the last half of the day. I only had 1001 calories but it wasn't all healthy foods. I worked out today and barely got in my 10,000 steps. This new work schedule is really messing with me!
Old 07-29-2016, 12:19 AM   #478  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

I ran a bunch of errands that I had been putting off, so it feels good to have those things done. I started watching Man in the High Castle. It’s well acted, well filmed; it's a little terrifying, but a pretty interesting story. Today I did laundry, dishes, and shredded a lot of stuff in my shredder. I filled up two bags with shreddings and I’m not done. I will do more tomorrow. It was a pretty good day. The pain in my chest is slowly subsiding; it is going away.

B: whole wheat bagel w/butter, raspberries, coffee w/half and half
L: Blake’s organic chicken pot pie, 2 bananas
D: one small avocado, triscuit rosemary crackers, 2 slices cheddar cheese, one Vlasic pickle spear
D: dark chocolate, ice water

E: 20 minute walk around the neighborhood

Inkrid I was a model too when I was young, not a high fashion model, but a petite model. Had my picture in the paper a few times. I’m old now so those days are gone and frankly I’m glad to see them gone. I’m doing other things now that I enjoy more. But I wanted to say, that I’m quite sure you must have been very beautiful to have been a model, and I am quite sure that you are just as beautiful now as you were then. I don’t doubt it and it’s sad the way some people have tunnel vision and don’t see the beauty that’s right in front of them.

Terry Good luck with your weight loss and with your life! I will miss you.

BelovedWarrior I do hope you get to have your vacation. I love having a vacation at home. I feel like there is never enough time for those types of vacations. Sometimes I tell people I’m on vacation (even though I’m at home) and then I don’t answer the phone or return emails until I’m back. Thanks for the BMI link. I actually found one of those calculators earlier today. I calculated that in order to get below low risk obesity, my BMI needs to be below 30, which means I should lose about 13 pounds before I go see my doctor again. I'm going to give myself two months to reach this goal.

Have a great day everybody!

Last edited by magistra17; 07-29-2016 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:51 AM   #479  

will work out and eat breakfast in a few minutes.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:32 AM   #480  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

I can't believe we are at the end of the month, already!

CoolMom Great job finding ways to get the extra walks in.

FYML Sounds like you still did well.

Magistra Good job on your day and walk!

ciecie Continuing with the good thoughts for your Dad. Hopefully the PT and extra assistance helps.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning, it's my early day.

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 172.8
Down: .2 <-- That is good with waking early and lack of sleep

Have a great day and start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotional for Dieters

Ephesians 4:1
I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called.

Rodney let himself go completely. His friends were uncomfortable when he was around. He ate constantly, and he seemed to grow larger by the day. No one knew how to talk to him about it, so they let it slide. Finally, Barb took him aside and asked him why he was destroying himself. She told him that people were losing their respect for him and couldn't understand it. In anger, Rodney told Barb it was none of her business and stormed off. As Christians, it is other people's business when we follow paths that are not worthy of Jesus Christ. He has called us to be living examples of Himself. To be less than that is a sin. Let us try to live life in a body fit for Christ.

Today's thought: Do people see Christ when they look at me?
Closed Thread