Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 07:42 AM   #481  

nurse comes at noon today to see dad. physical therapist comes late this afternoon to see him. just had breakfast. will exercise in a few minutes.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:06 PM   #482  

Hey All, thanks so much for the kudos, well wishes, etc...You all are too kind. I will miss you as well. Hang in there, WILL POWER DUST TO EACH OF YOU, stay focused, dream big, then go and get it my friends. May God bless you and your families tremendously. Hugs Terry))
Old 07-29-2016, 03:32 PM   #483  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Down a drop to 151.7. Still no exercise on my agenda.

Terry - I understand, and I'll miss your posts! I'm selfishly going into denial and telling myself you'll be back in a few.

Magistra - I hear ya on the joy of purging unnecessary items. About a month ago I got rid of a ton of things I don't need. It's a great feeling and makes for a lighter environment.

Happy Friday, all!
Old 07-29-2016, 04:27 PM   #484  

not much exercise but been busy with other projects.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:44 PM   #485  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Does everyone have a facebook account? Is there a way to have one but limit access to other people? Kinda like having one without others knowing about it. (ETA: maybe a better way to say it is to be able to keep my privacy. Not sure why I say that because I let it all hang out here. ) Not sure if that makes sense. I just don't want to get overwhelmed with contact from other people. I am already in a few check-in's here and on another forum. I don't want to add something else to my life and it takes up what little time I have left in my day. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-29-2016 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:50 PM   #486  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

It's after 10 PM and the heat index is still over 100. Gotta love it. NOT!

Ciecie Hi

Terry May God bless you, too.

Chunkahlunkah
Good job on the drop.

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch

Exercise:
Amy Dixon's Breathless Body
Old 07-29-2016, 11:02 PM   #487  

Height: 5'9"

Hi Gang!

Diana, maybe if you have a nick name, have an emoticon for a Profile Picture and swear your Friends to secrecy, it would work! LOL! I always feel like I'm being "monitored" on FB!!

Breakfast: Bite of a Hard Boiled Egg
Lunch: Cheeseburger with Ketchup
Dinner: Pulled Pork Tacos
Drinks: Eight glasses of Water, A Long Island Iced Tea and Three Coffees

Old 07-29-2016, 11:30 PM   #488  
Trying to live below 200

Inkrid That's the thing, I don't really have many friends. There is no one, that I went to school with that I would want to "friend". They didn't treat me well then, I don't want to be friends now. I would like to have contact with my Mom's family in TX, where I am originally from. I have emailed and talked with some of them on the phone, but they are more in to facebook than emailing. We would want to avoid all contact and drama with DH's family. My only other interest would be that the ladies at church chat on facebook and have have a page for the group. Any thoughts? I avoid drama like the plague so I would want to limit it and others access to me.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:38 PM   #489  
Trying to live below 200

Another question. I am having problems with the videos on the side. They are causing the loading of the page to jam up. I don't have this at work and I can't see those videos. Any suggestions as to how I can get rid of those videos, etc. The freezing only started this week although, I have had the videos all along. I don't know what the problem is.

Suggestions?
Old 07-29-2016, 11:52 PM   #490  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default July 29th

Today was not a good day for my diet. I consumed numerous foods that I should not have for a total of 1525 calories. I barely got in my 10,000 steps but I did my work out. Not a good day :/
Old 07-30-2016, 01:06 AM   #491  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Height: 5' 4"

Diana -

no idea re the ads/videos.

But, re FB - I know that there are some very strict security that can be set up on FB, because some people I search for ... you see absolutely NOTHING, not even their friend list. I agree, if you use an obscure name, although FB has a problem with that --- but lets say for instance your last name is Miller --- then "accidentally" use Miler. That way if someone searches for Diana Miller they won't find you. You can BLOCK specific people, and then they will be able to see nothing, even if you post on a friend's page... the person blocked will not be able to see your post on that friend's page.

Here is an article that may give you some ideas: http://www.techlicious.com/blog/3-wa...acebook-posts/

Enjoy your evening - Gail
Old 07-30-2016, 01:35 AM   #492  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

I felt ravenous all day and I wanted to stuff myself with junk food (especially ice cream), but in the end the only cheaty thing I ate was half a muffin. I’m still feeling the desire to eat lots of food this evening. I’m drinking ice tea instead. Some days not eating what I want is hard.

B: scrambled eggs w/grated cheese, freshly sliced apricots, coffee w/half and half
L: tuna w/mayo on red bell peppers, half a muffin
D: two slices pepperoni pizza
D: dark chocolate, ice water, mint tea

E: 20 minute walk through the neighborhood

I spotted a few well kept Magnolia trees on my evening walk. We also have a Magnolia tree in our front yard, but our tree isn’t nearly as nice as the ones I saw.

Diana I don’t have a Facebook account either. I’m like you. I like my privacy and I need to limit the amount of time that I spend on the computer. I often get pressured from various people to get a Facebook account, but so far I have resisted. My kids tell me that you can set your Facebook account to block whoever you want. I know that’s what they do. They block all our relatives because like you, they want to avoid drama, and there’s a lot of drama all the time in my family. My kids needed to be on Facebook for school (college) and to keep up with social events with their friends. Otherwise none of them would be on it at all. My husband is another story. He is the social butterfly in the family. He doesn’t block anybody and sometimes I really wish he would.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:31 AM   #493  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana: You can set your privacy very strict and no one will be able to see anything except the picture you choose for your profile pic (you can use a flower, a symbol, whatever you want...doesn't have to be your pretty face ) and block your friends list, postings, etc. So, yes, it is very possible to be relatively private on Facebook.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:54 AM   #494  

I have a facebook account. there is a way to have a facebook group and limit the membership. i'm not sure how you do it.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:51 AM   #495  

Height: 5'9"

The only way there would be drama is if your mom's family were Friends with anyone from DH's family. Or if someone unwittingly mentioned your FB posts around them. Then pre-blocking would be a great idea! I like the nickname/changing the spelling of the last name/profile pic of anything but your profile. Then you don't have to "lie" (except through omission!)

What my DH has done is only have a dozen Friends. Then he says people "I don't use FB a lot" (they would see that's true by his microscopic Friend list!) Also he has a VERY common name (like Mike Miller or John Smith) so you couldn't be sure if it was "him" you were Friending.

My tweaking of FB backfired on me. I had been playing around with "Lists" (I don't know if they still have that). My sister found out about a post from someone else that she hadn't seen. And got mad that she was on the Family list (with our problematic family) rather than the Friend (cool kids apparently) list!! Aargh! It's all too much!!

Last edited by Inkrid; 07-30-2016 at 08:53 AM.
Closed Thread