Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #166  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi again

I decided to share my progress report and other info. I've been doing very vigorous workouts in the pool, and yesterday I decided to drive 20 min or so to a really nice, newly remodeled rec center that has 5 pools, including one called "Lazy River" which has an 8' wide, 180' long pool that winds around and has a river current. I was there during a time when they were having aerobics (the pool is only 3.5 feet deep so people can run in it, etc., but I was hunkered down so my arms were under too. It was big enough that we could pass each other, and also I spent a lot of time on the outer area just going upriver. LOL I was swimming as hard as I could, using hand water weights, and yet was either moving backwards or not at all! What a workout!

I've also been making very large bowls of "mega slaw" using cabbage, broccoli slaw, and all kinds of chopped veggies, plus almonds, cashews, dried cranberries, Feta cheese, dill pickles, etc. A big bowl of that will be dinner, perhaps with a couple of steamed eggs on top. Yum! And SO healthful!!

Okay, now to go start reading. I wish reading burned calories LOL

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 07-22-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #167  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

CyberCrystal - Great job mapping out the food for the week; it truly does help. A walk on the beach sounds divine!

Diana - Thank you. He will get it all taken care of as I am not letting up until it's all handled

Mamakat - I sure hope you feel better soon! Sucks to be ill. Yes, we got hit by the dust storm too. They usually originate around Tucson and still hit us at full force before they actually dissipate a bit before hitting the valley. It wasn't as grand as many of the others this year, so I didn't bother taking more pictures. Another one hit us yesterday after we got back from BIL's party... didn't do too much nasty to the pool though

Misti - Sounds like you are doing awesome! If you can get reading to burn calories, then you tell me immediately With all the reading I do for school and work, plus here... I am bound to become goal weight within just days!

I drank too much yesterday but it was worth it. I started with 2 Mike's Margaritas at BIL's house... then found out my youngest had hickies on her neck and had been sneaking out. We excused ourselves from the party (I wasn't feeling festive, had to deal with the issues), DH and I dealt with her when we got home, then I drank a bottle of Hypnotic... but... I danced and swam with the kids in the pool for a long time... passed when it got dark :O Back to "responsible me" today though... schoolwork, cleaning, organizing, and exercising today
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #168  

Thanks, ItsMyTurn. I have found that taking the Tonic Alchemy regularly helps me tremendously!! Plus I keep a large bowl of "megaslaw" in the refrigerator... mixed cabbage (keeps a lot longer than lettuce), grape tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli slaw, shredded carrots, dill pickles, dried cranberries, almonds, cashews, Feta cheese, pickled beets, avocado, red bell peppers... or whatever else I decided to throw in. A lot of times that is my meal, perhaps topped with a couple of steamed eggs. I try to use healthy dressings, such as Open Nature balsamic... and also found a yummy one by Litehouse called Orange Citrus. This way I always have an easy, healthful meal on hand.

Edited to say... oops I see I already posted about the slaw. Oh well.....

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 07-22-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #169  
~Star~

So I got in a workout - Maximum Power Bootcamp... then got cleaning done, some organizing done, errands ran... then was laying in the pool sunning and reading my schoolwork assignment relaxing. The wind started to pick up and saw this (pic attached). Now how am I supposed to do schoolwork?!? Too many days in a row of dust storms... happy monsoon season!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dust storm.jpg (8.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #170  

Hello again.

Mer, congratulations! You are doing great. And please don't waste time being angry with yourself... none of u are perfect all the time!!! Slip-ups happen... just pick yourself back up and keep going.

ItsMyTurn, great job on the workout and all you got done! I did not work out today but have done so every night last week except one when I was at a potluck with friends (at which I ate properly).

I just chopped up all kinds of veggies so I could make my slaw and have it to eat on this week. Planning to have some for dinner, along with an ear of fresh corn. Yum.

Oh and when I lose one more pound, I will officially NOT be 100 pounds over my goal weight!!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 07-22-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #171  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Misti Hi Good to see you!

Itsmyturn Did that thing come your way or did it stay away? The best thing I could advise is "Run for cover!"

Mer Du Japon Hi and Welcome to the check-in! Tomorrow is a new day! Keep trying.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #172  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1295 +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 calories)
Collard Greens 100 calories
Grilled Mahi 300 calories

Dinner (500 calories)
Chicken salad sandwich 500 calories

Exercise:
Project You Full Body Circuit w/12's + weighted gloves
Old 07-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #173  
~Star~

Misti - Great job eating right at a pot luck! That's awesome!

Diana - It totally hit us; 3 days in a row of them... only this one wasn't followed by rain in our development... 4 miles away it down poured though. There has been a lot of dust storms and flooding rains this monsoon season.

Been working on lots of laundry, and once the dust storm passed, I hung them out on the line - 3 loads and 4th in machine. It's getting later now though, so this will be the last load of the night. Hope you all are having an awesome Sunday!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:24 AM   #174  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Misti!

Itsmyturn-- I would have been freaked out by that storm, we certainly don't have those here (at least where I live).

I've been feeling down about my diet and exercise plan, despite my sticking to it as best as I can. Last night, my mom and I went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant and I had a few tortilla chips and was so down on myself the rest of the evening and this afternoon. I know I'm being way too hard on myself, and I need to realize that this is a life-long change and little slips will happen. But I can't help but want to kick myself for the tiny slip-up. Does anyone else do that?

Have a great week everyone!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #175  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1295 +
Weigh In: 149.6 (TTOM)
Up: .2

It doesn't look like I will have much movement on the scale until TTOM comes close to ending.

Itsmyturn Is there a lot of clean up after a dust storm hits? I have never seen anything like that. I hope you have a great week.

Asharksrevenge Hang in there and keep trying. Sometimes I get frustrated even from my planned splurges. I try to be really picky about what I eat because sometimes the food is not worth it. It doesn't even taste as good as I think it's going to taste. Then trying to get the weight/water weight back off is frustrating. Also, sometimes I physically feel bad from eating off plan. I feel bloated, lethargic, heavy, and I get cravings for the next couple of days. While I was losing weight, I didn't eat off plan much. Maybe a few times a year, at most.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #176  
~Star~

Asharks - I think we are always hardest on ourselves. But honestly, on those times when you "treat", you should just enjoy it and then move on. If you don't enjoy it then you are allowing yourself no leeway...that's not sustainable... you can totally do this! Even if the scale goes up due to the sodium of the chips, you should be able to enjoy them and just know it means recovery

Diana - Yesterday's has made it so we had to hose down our driveway cause it had a layer of dust on it, but fortunately didn't last long enough to make it so we had to vacuum out the pool again. My DH and DS have had to vacuum it out daily for 3 days and they were both ticked when we saw it coming But it was fine - The other days were longer so left dust at the bottom of the pool. We get a lot of wind too, so have to bring some stuff in from backyard and such, nothing serious
Old 07-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #177  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Monday Morning WI 178.4 down 4.2 pounds from last week. I'm hoping this moved the plateau for good, we'll see as the bug keeps moving out. Poor DS got it too.

ItsMyTurn in all my years of living there, I never was in a dust storm. I lived in the slums of downtown Phx though, not a lot of area for it to pick up and move around. When we were kids though, we'd chase dirt devils and jump into the middle of them. It seemed like fun at the time We never had to worry about our pools

ashark I find that Mexican food is the hardest to stay true with. No matter what plan you're on, the food just doesn't fit into it. I am a low carber/no gluten eater (most times ) Mexican does not fit into that. I grew up on the stuff, I had friends who made their own tortillas (generation hand me down techniques...omg mouth watering). We have one little tiny place here that's a lot like that and my DH loves to stop every now and again. If you go in, they serve chips (of course) and you know what? No one can resist. I literally and physically get sick but I do it anyway. It is a lifestyle change and no one goes through life perfect, diet or otherwise. Say you tripped on the sidewalk today, you gonna beat yourself up for not walking right? It takes time and then more time. Some of us have been doing this for years and guess what, we still eat the chip that we know will reek havoc on our digestive system for 4 days, painful and uncalled for, but a lesson, not a reason to beat yourself up. You already did that with eating the chip... Or at least that's how I feel. You fell, it hurt, now get up! Don't forget to dust off (maybe plan how to keep the chips away...we ask that they don't be brought to us). Lessons are learned over a lifetime, you can't keep smacking your hand otherwise you'll say 'screw it I don't need this'. Give positive reinforcement, as you would a child and your mind will latch onto that faster. "I only ate 4! Man, I could have had 2 bowls, this time last year. I'm awesome!" And you are

mer du japon sometimes I think sodium is more evil than fat or carbs. I eat nuts daily, they are a staple in my diet. My DH likes getting salted ones, but if you look they aren't just salt, there's tons of other stuff too. I buy no salt added because I love to pop them in my mouth one at a time, two handfuls a sitting. I don't need the added salt. Other than drink water, I can't give much advice on sodium water gain...I have it nearly every day But it does come off quickly

Diana Good morning. I hope you have a great day.

I was up at 3 this morning, dumb bug wouldn't settle down in my tummy and I was hot and grumpy When I get grumpy in my sleep, I wake up and look at DH. I listen to him sleep then fantasize stopping his breathing Afterward, I get up, so I don't actually fall through with that. I had some tea and sat around by an open window. That when DS came down and asked if my tummy still hurt then told me his does too. Then that stinker popped two choc. chip waffles in the toaster and made the whole downstairs smell like sweet heaven. I went back to bed grumpier...I want sweets! I'm still only eating one meal a day though, every time I eat, the bug rips through my digestive system...he's mean.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday!
Weekends at my house stink. I can't stay on plan and I'm not getting enough exercise. Neither are good for long term success. Had one last "fun family outing" as we call them before DD#1 heads off to college in a few weeks. We went to the top of Pikes Peak, fooled around a little up there, had a picnic lunch half way down, then spent some time in Manitou Springs (base of Pikes Peak, totally touristy, and CROWDED). I didn't even get any ice cream! The rest of the weekend was unproductive and pretty consumed with the movie theater shooting. Got up and worked out before work this morning. Now I remember why I don't do that. WI: 185, down 1 lb.

Mamakat: So sorry your tummy isn't happy. I hate being miserable like that. Great job keeping away from the sweets. 4.2 pounds down??? AWESOME!!

ItsMyTurn: I would get so frustrated having to clean up after all the dust storms. Just like I get frustrated shoveling snow... As usual, you're doing all the right things. Gold stars for you!!! BTW, send some of that monsoon moisture to CO, would you? We're entering extreme drought conditions here. The fire danger is scary! Hickies? Sorry...I know I shouldn't laugh, especially because I'm sure my time is coming with DD#2. Hang in there!

Diana: Good morning! Hope you have a great day and TTOM is out the door!

AshArk: Mamakat and ItsMyTurn had good advice. Mexican is hard to work into a solid "diet" plan. But it can be done...and everything in moderation. It's how you get back OP that really counts. But let go of the negative self-talk. Learn your lesson, plan how you will handle it differently next time, and move forward. You're doing a great job!

Misti: Hope that one pound comes off right away! What a great motivator. Keep up the good work. Oh, and if reading burned any calories, I'd be the skinniest person around!

Mer: Hi and welcome to check-in. Don't get down on yourselft about the pizza. As I said to AshArk, Learn your lesson, plan how you will handle it differently next time, and move forward.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #179  
Trying to live below 200

Itsmyturn How many days a week do you go to school.

Mamakat I have heard about several people having a stomach bug. There is definitely something going around. I hope you and your DS are feeling better.

Moondance Good job on that pound!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #180  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice