Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 AM   #211  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

I hope you have a fantastic Friday and a great weekend!

VENT ALERT - PLEASE IGNORE IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED - I JUST NEED TO GET MY THOUGHTS OUT

I woke up two hours early this morning and didn't sleep well in general last night. There was some drama yesterday with a woman that my Mom used to work with. She called my Mom's friend yesterday and was stirring up some stuff. My Mom's friend called to tell me about it. Everyone knows me to be a quiet and reserved person. My Mom was also a very private person. I avoid drama at all costs. So did my Mom. I'm not sure where the real drama is. Sometimes people will make it sound like one thing but it's not really like that. I am about the show the whole bunch of them what I am made of and nip the whole thing in the bud. Ugh! People really piss me off! The sad thing is that I just lost my Mom and these people really have nerve to bother me with such trivial crap. Also, not that I sit around feeling sorry for myself, but I really don't have any family left. In recent years I have lost both of my parents and I don't have any siblings. I have recently made contact with my Mom's side of the family and that seems to be going in a positive direction. I think I have really been strong and handled this whole thing well. I can't believe people would act like this with me. This woman my Mom worked with called my Mom's friend and wanted to know what I was going to do with my Mom's purses! Purses! I will freaking burn every one of the purses before I give her anything! Then she wanted to know why I kept everything hush hush about my Mom passing. It was my Mama, I did things the way she wanted it, and I will keep things hush hush if I want to. It is none of her business. Did I mention that people really piss me off? That woman is so lucky she didn't call me about that crap. She definitely would have gotten an ear full. I won't go into it, but my Mom's friend is on my last nerve, too. Again, I am about to get rid of the whole bunch. They are about to see a side of me they never knew existed. Anyways, sorry about the vent! I can't believe how much this was weighing on me last night and how I couldn't sleep. Scale is up this morning. TTOM is still kicking my butt. I'm sure the lack of sleep last night didn't help matters. Did I mention that people freaking piss me off!

Calories for yesterday: 1580 +
Weigh In: 150 (TTOM)
Up: .4

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-27-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 AM   #212  
Trying to live below 200

Misti Keep up the great work!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #213  

Height: 5'8.5"

Diana, I am sorry you are having such a difficult time. Hang in there! Perhaps you need to just refuse to listen to people like this woman who called to tell you about this. I understand what you mean because I too have very few family members, although I am blessed with very close, supportive friends. I hope there are people who are there for you in 3D. But WE are here and we care.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #214  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - Oh yes I did!! My opinion from the experiences my friends have had (on another site...some I have actually met in person now) is to do Insanity on its own how it's intended the first round through. Many people graduate up from P90X to Insanity (apparently I am skipping that step), but I will be stopping my lifting program when I start Insanity. You are using your own body for a lot of strength WHILE doing intense cardio - so you are getting the best of both worlds. These same people that did it alone the first round have also now been working on a hybrid of the 2 programs and are continuing to get the results. It's almost as if the Insanity has boosted metabolic rate and allowed the P90X strength building show more now - and have had awesome results
As far as the drama - I am so sorry you have to go through this. Do they not have some kind of tact?!? You recently LOST your mom... sorry it inconveniences them?!? WTF??? Remember if they are like this though, they are not worth your thought process and energy - it's obvious they haven't thought out their words to be asking about friggin purses

Moon - Insanity is a Beach Body workout..supposedly one of the hardest workouts on the market. I am an adrenaline junky, so couldn't resist anymore. Took me a few months to save the money aside in my account to order it, but I am totally going to try it

Last night was Extreme Ab bootcamp. Looked and my order made it to Los Angeles last night I am guessing it will be here tomorrow? Happy Friday all!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #215  
Trying to live below 200

Thanks for the support! I appreciate it.

Itsmyturn Are you going to start Insanity as soon as you get it or are you going to start it on August 1? I think I am going to follow the rotation as intended, too. It's a two month rotation. The next month I will go back to #10 Slimdown Xtreme or Project You w/heavy weights. Then, if I liked Insanity, I will do that for the last two months of the year (Nov/Dec) again. Ha! That's the plan, now let's see what actually happens.

Moon I forgot to mention and/or to add to what Itsmyturn said, guess what the next step up from Insanity is? It's called Asylum!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #216  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

All my laundry is caught up. I started a few days ago and finished this morning at around 2.30. I had towels on my mind (and how everyone needs to take a shower) so at 1.15 I got up and did them. DH asked if his snoring was what kept me up. I said, no the towels did. He said we had plenty and pointed towards the cabinet. I said, I knew that since they are freshly washed, dried and folded by me, the weird woman who couldn't sleep because of dirty towels (2 full loads!)

Also DD had me do a 'girly run' to Walgreens yesterday, but did not offer to be my 'buffer'. So I made my first outing by myself. I know nothing about 'girl' products so I was standing in that isle for quite some time. I had to control my breathing a few times, but I did it and I hope I bought the right stuff Afterward, since I was hopped up with anxiety, I took a long hot drive through two towns with my windows down and Lady Ga-Ga blasting. I sang loud and proud while I drove (two of my favorite things). The whole trip took me an hour, but no one seemed to notice I was even gone. Luckily nothing major happened because I forgot my cell...so me.

Diana People suck (not all people, but even the good ones have a bad side). I don't know what the person was talking about when it comes to purses, but the topic is trivial and it's almost abusive to bring it up to grieving people. She may have thought it was better to ask your mom's friend rather than you, so it wouldn't be so insensitive. But to tell you the truth, like I said, the topic was remarkably stupid even for a friend to hear. I hate vultures and like you, I'd burn the purses (well I wouldn't because I love them, but if I didn't I would) before I'd give them over to a person who asked about them (gross) even if it was her BFF. This is way too soon and if you were ready, the topic wouldn't have been brought up because you would have dealt with it. Bluck, I'd ignore or send a solid message to that person. Oh and you are the daughter, the family and the executor of your mother. You can do whatever you choose especially in how you say good bye. All the others can say a prayer or give in honor of your mother, their grief can't compare. Even though not one of my family members deserve my love or devotion, I still feel a loss now that they are all gone. I can not imagine the pain a loving child would have for all that loss. I know the loneliness and the finality of it and like I said, that's of a child who was more of ghost in her own family. You need the time and you should take the time and never worry or fret about simple people with simple minds. Do what you need to do and don't lose sleep over them, no one is worth it.

OK, I got pissy for Diana just now so I think I'll leave it at that. I hate when people just don't think. I have no plans today, as I am caught up on every thing...not that I ever have a lot to do. I dropped exercise when the incident happened, so I need to find motivation to get up and into the gym if not out on the street/park/beach. Who knows? I like leaving on a positive note, but I'm coming up blank right now....

So have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday!!
Phew, scale is down 3 of the 4 pounds of water. I will keep drinking (thanks for the reminder Diana). Got to sleep in a bit today (after kitty woke me at 4:50 for some petting, which of course I did). Feels good, as I haven't been sleeping well either. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do about chorus. Doing house stuff, and a little grocery shopping today, then watch Olympic opening ceremonies tonight. Should be a good day.

Diana: I'm so sorry your mom's friend & coworker are bringing this unwanted drama into your life. I too have lost both parents and was executor so had to deal with all the stuff. My opinion is that these were your mom's associates, not yours. You owe them nothing. Not respect (because they're sure not showing it to you), not consideration, not even politeness. Say what you need to say to them (if anything) and then let it go. That is the most important part. Let it go. You're doing the best you can to deal with it (in a sense alone since you have no siblings). Hang in there...I'm sending hugs your way along with positive thoughts.

ItsMyTurn: I would not have pegged you for an adrenaline junkie. Do you do "extreme" sports (skydiving, bungee jumping, etc.)? I'm a chicken little when it comes to that stuff. I'm impressed with the level of fitness you're achieving!

Mamakat: Good to see you. Laundry's done? Lucky. I have to get started on it today. Glad you took your drive. I can just picture you driving along, singing along with GaGa. Sounds like it was therapeutic!

Misti: Keep up the good work!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #218  

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a good day.

I came home from work and jumped into the pool for a vigorous 30 minute water workout.

Food today was:

AM
Tonic Alchemy in small amount grapefruit juice, juice of 1/2 freshly squeezed lime.

Breakfast:
Vanilla Greek yogurt with fresh black raspberries, small amt slivered almonds

Snack
Nectarine

Lunch
3 oz tuna packet
6 bagel crisps
grape tomatoes
carrot chips

Snack
small/average serving cottage cheese

Dinner
1/2 order teriyaki chicken with brown rice
mega-veggie slaw

Snack
Coffee with skim milk

Amazing. A few months ago I decided to quit coffee because I put milk in it. After a month or so I decided to drink it sometimes. It worked! I LOVE the stuff but tonight is the first time I have made it in over a week... because I was not really craving it. But the Tonic Alchemy really does curb my cravings so perhaps that is why.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #219  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! Thank you again, for your words of support. It means a lot to me. Today was a better day. I didn't have to deal with any aggravating, crazy people.

Mamakat Good job on getting all of that laundry done! Sorry it was finished at 2:30 AM, though. I love your new avatar. Such a pretty smile.

Misti A swim sounds awesome!

Moondance Good job on getting rid of that water!

Itsmyturn I am going to start the Insanity rotation on August 1. I wanted to try one of the workouts today. I figured I couldn't go wrong with Pure Cardio. I am one of the Queens of Cardio, right? It got really ugly in my office today! Sweat was flying and it was raining in my office! My legs were shaking and turned to jello . . . . during the warm up. I won't even subject you to the part where my tongue was hanging out of my mouth. The good thing is that I was doing something the entire time. When they were doing some type of insane push ups I was also doing something . . . . I was on the ground checking out the scenery under my desk and the computer table. I think we need to do a better job sweeping under there. I have been humbled!

I got through my first Insanity workout, just barely. It's a different type of cardio than I am used to. I am used to kickboxing, TF, Hi-Lo, etc. This is a whole new level of torture.

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-27-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #220  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1410 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (640 Calories)
Sirloin steak 400 calories
raw carrots 40 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
Insanity Pure Cardio
Insanity Cardio Abs
Old 07-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #221  

LOL Diana... thanks for the laugh about Insanity. I wish I could still do things like that but degenerative arthritis limits me. It sounds like fun and a real workout!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #222  

And yay, tomorrow is Saturday, which means getting up early to get to the super duper pool by 7 AM... I can do a deep water workout in the main pool, and then when the Lazy River opens at 7:45 head over to that pool to work out until 9 AM. THAT ought to beat off a few of those fat cells!!!!

Old 07-28-2012, 01:57 AM   #223  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Diana-- I'm sorry you had to deal with all of that nonsense. Hopefully nothing more will come of it.

Mamakat-- I love your new avatar! Very pretty.

I've been lurking a few days now and haven't had the chance to post about my weight loss efforts, but things are coming along nicely. I lost two pounds one day and three the next in quick succession, which made me very happy. Right now I am maintaining that loss and looking forward to seeing the scale move even further down. I ate well today but didn't get in any exercise (the opening ceremony of the Olympics coincided with my normal walking time, and I wanted to watch), but will be back at it tomorrow.

Happy Friday, everyone, and enjoy your weekend!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:15 AM   #224  

Congrats on the loss, asharksrevenge! Five pounds all at once... yippee!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #225  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Feeling a little better with TTOM and bloating this morning.

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 149.6
Down: .4

Misti I love swimming. Your swimming workout sounds wonderful. Enjoy! I love the sound of the lazy river.

Asharksrevenge Thank you. Congratulations on the 5 pounds! Keep up the great work!