Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #76  

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies,

Glad you are still here! Last couple of months have been BUSY! Came back to the states and drove from Seattle to San Diego, then moved all my stuff down to So Fla.

FINALLY settled down. Joined a gym/pool yesterday and back in the saddle.

Food is a little funny, so it's nice to be able to post here again :-). See you around. Thanks.

Breakfast
1 banana
2 C black tea and a little bit of honey
1 hard boiled egg
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #77  
Light n lovely

S/C/G: 193/193/140

Height: 5 9.5"

Good morning from CA! Worked bingo last night for daughters cheer bill and sweat like crazy but the scale didn't show much improvement. Losing weight the old fashioned way ( eat less exercise more) is hard because the weight comes off in ounces and not in lbs. I can see how it would be even worse if i did not have a digital scale. I did get out to the track and ran 3 miles which turned my mood around. Thanks for all of our posts. I am inspired .
Thistimeitsreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #78  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Quick post, I'll be back later tonight.

I did something totally crazy today! Are you ready for this? I booked me and DH for a cruise! A CRUISE! I can't believe I did it! This will be the first one for me. DH went on one when he graduated HS. A cruise! Me on a cruise!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Hi guys ,,, i am back ... I have gone up in weight, but not up to what I was when I started this whole mess. I am hoping to get back down. I put a thing in the intro category http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/intr...i-am-back.html.

I will be back later tonight to see whats going on and get my bearings again.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #80  
Light n lovely

S/C/G: 193/193/140

Height: 5 9.5"

A cruise? That is awesome. You are going to look fabulous by the pool!!
Well deserved!!
Thistimeitsreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #81  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Crystal I'm glad the car shopping is behind you. Good job on sticking to your food and exercise plan!

Elsewhere is fine Good job on being accountable.

Itsmyturn A car wreck and speeding ticket all in one week? And all on your way to work? That's a sign! It's time to quit work! Good job in taking everything in stride.

Kathydee Hi and Welcome back!

Thistimeitsreal Great job on the run!

Qtkitty Hi and Welcome back! I see you have been diagnosed hypothyroid! Me too! I was diagnosed about 20 years ago. I hope you start feeling better and things turn around quickly for you.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #82  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
NY Strip 400 calories
2 Orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
strawberries 100 calories

Exercise
Project You Full Body Circuit
Old 07-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #83  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Quick check-in. Tonight, I not only cooked dinner for me and the kids, I cleaned up too. Go figure, DH comes home in the wee hours tomorrow, so I won't have to do that again for awhile. But it's reassuring that I can manage, even late night shopped for butter last night as DH forgot before he left.

I managed exercise, even though I am low low on energy right now. That was after a trip to the pet store for bedding and food and our newest pet (a betta baby). We had to say good bye to our last fish, but on a weird side of the sadness, he lasted 1.5 years which is fish years is forever. We're looking forward to see Jaws grow as he gets older. He's tiny right now.

So I say today is a success. I hope you all have a great night.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Diana~ me too!!! A couple of months ago I was literally reading lips, because I could not hear and was having sever dizzy spells, ect. I have been seeing an ENT and he is still trying to figure out what exactly is going on. For now it looks like it is going in the direction of tubes in my ears or adenoid removal. Once something is actually done, hopefully the head issues clear up. For now I am living with constant ringing in the ears dizziness off and on, nausea, and diminished hearing when ever my ears get moody.

I now have another reason to lose weight, so I can fit into the MRI machine. I went today to get an MRI and I was over the weight limit for their machine. I had to schedule else where, which means more time off work and me being irritated. * sighs * However, the silver lining to this dark cloud. As I was driving I saw a lady putting together a yard sale. And there was a Crossbow ( similar to a bow-flex) sitting there. I went back after my appointment and bought it. My grandparents hauled it in their truck and my mom gave me permission to put it in the basement to use (where its nice and cool). WooHoo!

Breakfast
Egg McMuffin 300
Lunch
Mocha 300
Soft Pretzel 260
Dinner
"Refrigerator" Soup 500
Roll 100
Snack
Little Debbie Peanut Butter Crunch Bar 280
Total 1740

Water and Water with lemon 90

I have been carbing out. I need to get control over that issue again. Why are carbs to darn tempting to me.

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS MAMAKAT!!! That is amazing! I can see you have grown a lot since last I was here! And I love the piccie too sweet.

Last edited by qtkitty; 07-12-2012 at 10:47 PM.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #85  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Tomorrow will be better

I am doing great on the diet but I didn't work out today. I was so sore from yesterday's vigorous workout. Tomorrow will be better.
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 215/142/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone! Checking in. This week has been okish. I feel like it was more maintenance calories than weight loss which is disappointing. I think its a bit of work stress. I need to get back with logging my food on my spreadsheet and even planning out my day there before I get started. I do tend to stick to it better that way. Lots of great exercise though. A couple of long bike rides and a nice hike outside now that the weather is a bit more bearable. My ifit program on the treadmill continues to kick my butt however. And still no closer on a successful chin up. Not exactly sure why I would ever want to be able to do one but my son claims if I ever fall off a cliff I will then be able to pull myself back up. I may just stay clear of cliff edges.

Have a great Friday!
cbigsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #87  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Diana-- a cruise? So decadent! I'd love to go on a cruise--maybe someday.

Cbigsis--I've been feeling the same way, that I've been in maintenance mode rather than weight loss mode, but at least I'm not gaining! The weather here has made working out feel awful (it was 104 today!) and my motivation has dropped a little. I think with careful planning, like you mentioned, we'll both feel better. Good luck to you!

Qtkitty--carbs are a killer for me too. That's why I am counting them, to keep my intake under control. It's the only way for me to stay accountable and away from all the carb-heavy junk that tempts me sometimes.

My running shoe woes are still unresolved. I bought a pair that I was sure were perfect, and when I took them out, they left 3 inch blisters on both my arches. Sadly, I can't take them back. But, on the bright side, I finally found a pair of Brooks Pure Cadence in wide (which I thought they didn't even make) and in my size, so I am happy

I've been eating more carbs than I had planned, due mostly to beans (I just love beans!). Today, however, I ate on plan and even made a sweet chocolate "cake" I found a recipe for online. Yay
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #88  

Thanks Diana.

Day wasn't perfect, but not horrible. Hopefully it cleans up over the next few days. Thought about exercising but have had a knee injury for the past month now that is limiting what I can do . Still I need to test it in the pool, a bike seems reasonable and certainly upper body weight lifting is ok. Its a bit complicated to get to the gym but that's just because everything is new and quite overwhelming here. Planned on riding a bike but pouring rain discouraged me. There were still plenty of clear hours though. Tomorrow I'll try not to have the excuses and just walk through the fear and Do It.

Breakfast
1 banana
2 C black tea and a little bit of honey
1 hard boiled egg
Some frozen tropical fruit

Snacked on several pieces of papaya picked from the tree outside

Lunch
1 open faced ham/whole wheat bread/tomato and lettuce sandwich

Early dinner
1 big chicken breast fried in a Teflon pan with a little bit of olive oil
A bunch Stir fried bock choy with soy sauce
About 1.5 cups of lowfat milk
About 1 1/2 frozen bananas for desert

A beer

Last edited by kathydee; 07-13-2012 at 03:37 AM.
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #89  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning and TGIF! Have a great weekend!

Well, I was pleased that all I gained was .6 from the Japanese steakhouse the other night. What I didn't know was that I would have a second gain from there. This happens sometimes when I eat off plan, but I normally gain 1+ pounds overnight from this restaurant. I should have known there was more to come. Oh, well. All I can do is stick to my food plan and exercise. It will regulate over time. Next week is my birthday, so that may be another blip for me. I don't think I have anything else coming up, so I should be good for a while.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 152.6
Up: .4 (This makes 1 pound for that restaurant. That's in line with what normally happens)

Mamakat You had a very good day. Success, indeed!

QT It sounds like things are starting to go in the right direction for you! Remember, it might take a little time with the thyroid meds to start working. Try to slowly incorporate more protein/less carbs in your day. I wouldn't make any drastic changes, just do it slowly.

Chubbygirl Good job sticking to your food plan. Try to do a little extra stretching on the days you are really sore. Maybe add in a short walk. It will help with the lactic acid that makes you sore.

Cbigsis Great job on getting all of that exercise in! I personally would stay clear of the cliffs. Not a fan of the idea of falling off to never, never land. It might hurt. But I am a whimp with that stuff.

Asharksrevenge OUCH! on the blisters! That sounds awful! I'm glad you found some shoes that work for you, though. Good job sticking to your food plan.

Kathydee I hope you can find an exercise that's comfortable with your knee issue. Your food plan looks good.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #90  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,
DH is home, that means coffee in bed. He's moving slow, jet lag and all so I'm trying not to rush his butt and serve me I am so spoiled.

Diana A cruise, huh? Let us know how you liked it. My DH has been asking for years and I keep saying no. There's too many stress variables for me. He even offered a family cruise, that made me stress out just thinking about it. Now we talk about it and he doesn't seem interested because it's all about food and drinking, but me: I'm thinking it's about stopping and going to different places somewhere I've never been (ok and a little shopping) places I couldn't have walked before...so let me know for sure.

QTkitty so glad to see you back. I hope they can figure out the ear thing soon. I have sensitive ears, but oddly enough not due to my ears. I have TMJ because of my loose ligaments and it cause severe earaches and problems. I also have vertigo which isn't the inner ear as originally thought, but the brain. It's so irksome when you have so many things going on and you know that they are there, but no one can see it. Stay positive, the thyroid is like a little on/off switch for everything in our bodies. Just maybe once it's on for you, your body will come in line. I know once I got my in line, a lot of other things did to. Good luck on the carbs, believe it or not, they are like switches in our bodies too.

Kathydee Did I just hear an excuse about exercising in the rain? LOL, had to ask because if I remember correctly, you love spending time in deep blue sea. Can't get any wetter than diving and summer rain can't be any colder (can it)? I've been biking for the past two days and my knees are killing me, how do you do on the bike with your knees?

asharksrevenge I have been dealing with the blister/shoe issue too. I think I found a good pair for walking, but the last time I walked I got a weird blister on my heel from my arch supports, but none on toes and balls of feet. It's hard to find the perfect shoe. I can't imagine doing it online. Don't give up, how are the running shoes for walking?

cbigsis Are cliffs an issue? I so get what your son said, that's too funny. I'd like to think if you are hiking in the cliffs, you'll have a partner. I mean we have so many movies now about single hikers falling off cliffs, who still couldn't pull themselves up (for other reasons). Remember to use your thighs too...oh and if you ever get the can chance go rock wall climbing, that will help strengthen that upper body. Side note, if you did ever fall off a cliff, you'd get a rush of adrenaline that would (maybe) make you feel super human for about a minute...use it!

Welcome to all the newcomers!

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote