Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #226  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone.

Diana, glad you are feeling a bit better!!

5:45 AM and I am up an at 'em. I need to eat a very light breakfast before my workout.

I love the Lazy River. Wish it was available more often, but during the public swim times the pool is so popular you have to stand in line to even be one of the first 300 to get in, as that is the maximum; way too crowded to try to work out, even if you get a ticket. And kids on inner tubes going down the river.

I am disappointed that the scale has not gone down another pound this morning. Booooooooo. I keep hoping that if I get on it again and again it will say one fewer LOL. Sometimes it works. My "rule" is I just have to have the scale hit it once for it to count; will try again before I leave ha. I am getting close to a new mini-ticker and I WANT it!!

Okay 10 AM and am editing this to say.... YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY I did a HARD 2-hour workout in Lazy River, including a 45 min difficult aerobics class. Phew! Got home and was down a pound LOL. I beat that thing off the hard way!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 07-28-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #227  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - My plan is to start it when I get it. My youngest is attempting it with me too...although she has "seen her supper" each time she tries to keep up with me during my runs, but hey, I am not discouraging it Your plan sounds like a great one actually... Good luck to you too...think we may need it, LOL! This looks way harder than the kickboxing, but it makes me excited

I just read where you completed your first!!! YAY!!!! Tongue out, panting and all... I am so proud of you!!! You can get to sweeping under the desk after you recover,

Mamakat - You look so little in your avatar... you are shrinking Did someone leave you in the dryer too long? Seriously, you look awesome!

Moon - Great job on the drinking! It is working and I am so happy for you Buh-bye water weight!!!
I have done bunji jumping before..what a rush! I have not had the money or time to skydive, but wow would that be fun! I have done white-water canoeing and things of that nature though...also used to race cars in Maine at the Speedway 95 track...then when I didn't have a car, I worked in the pits of my friend. I like to speed bike and things of that nature too. After my heart surgery the dr wouldn't let me do some of this anymore, so slowly building back up - now my adrenaline rush comes from getting on an endorphin-high... Anyway I can get it I suppose,

Misti - You are doing great hon... keep it up

Got home from work and was met with 2 dozen roses by my DH It's our 12th anniversary and he filled the night with surprises for me. I went for my run and came back to a supper - fillet minion and veggies... then I took a shower and got gussied up a bit... then he got a pie for dessert. A movie to watch - just him and I in the spare room he set it up with chairs and such for us Awww!!! Then a candle-lit bubble bath and the sweetest poem he wrote for me. Talk about awesome! This morning I checked the tracking of my Insanity and it left Phoenix today, so should be here TODAY!!!! Sometimes life is just so good!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #228  
~Star~

Attached a pic of what I looked like AFTER I cleaned up and wasn't a sweaty mess last night
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo2.jpg (31.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone!

I am new to the site, but I do need accountability, I was fooling myself thinking I didn't. I guess I will post exercise from yesterday and yesterday's calories or something, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I don't really trust the amount of calories burned via the computer programs, but I hate having to wear my HRM (and the battery is dead anyway) so I just aim to do 60-90 minutes a day of exercise which includes stationary cycling (although I'm starting to hula hoop too, thanks to plantar fasciitis walking is out for now) and yoga. Hard to believe I used to be a hardcore fitness addict, but I like what I'm doing and get sick less often then when I was that way so for me this works.

I'm 42 with 3 kids, a recently SAHM (just stopped working this spring after nearly 21 years as a medical transcriptionist), 2 cats (3rd on the way), a 15-year-old dog and some freshwater fish. I live north of Dallas, Texas.

Thanks for having me as part of this thread.

07/27/2012
Calories 1386
Yoga 45 minutes
Cycling 20 minutes
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #230  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Misti Congtrats on the pound! Awesome workout!

Itsmyturn Did Insanity arrive today? Happy Anniversary. It sounds like you had a wonderful evening and your DH is such a sweetheart! You look so pretty all dressed up.

SerenityDiva Hi and welcome to the check-in!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #231  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I didn't get a workout in today. DH didn't go work at the farm today, since it was so hot. He wanted to go to the Governor's Cup Billfish Tournament at Edisto Beach. So that's what we did today. We had a nice day together. We were very limited with our eating choices.

Total Approx 2115 +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (470 Calories)
Popcorn 220 calories
Fat Free ricotta w/pumpkin butter 250 calories

Dinner (1250 Calories)
Plain salad w/cheese, no dressing 50 calories
Prime Rib 800 Calories
Baked potato w/butter 400 calories

Exercise:
None
Old 07-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #232  

Hi everyone! And SerenityDiva -- glad you have joined us!

I did not get much done today after that massive workout LOL... actually came home and slept for several hours. My eating schedule was a bit different because I needed a bit of something before the workout, so when I got home around 9:30 I was ravenous so had a super early lunch. Anyway...

Breakfast
Small bowl cottage cheese
6 rice crackers

Lunch
1/2 order leftover teriyaki chicken with brown rice
1/2 can peas

Dinner
2 small slices pizza (bought from a place that makes it from scratch and with natural ingredients, light on cheese and very un-greasy)
Large bowl veggie salad
Corn on the cob

Night snack
3 very small Satsumas
nectarine

I feel as if I ate way too much today (I think because I ate so much salad at dinner) but looking at this, it does not seem all that bad.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 170/150/145

Height: 5'9

Excellent, just what I was looking for. I've been yo-yoing all year long due to my lack of focus. By becoming more accountable might help me stay more focused and determined to lose this stubborn 20 lbs around the waist
thanx
fitnessfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:15 AM   #234  

Hi fitnessfellow. Glad you have found your "home." Please feel free to just jump right in!
Old 07-29-2012, 02:43 AM   #235  
~Star~

Diva - Great to have you

Diana - I am totally bummed...Insanity won't be here until Monday. I guess it's a good way to start a week though, Today, instead, DH and I went and played tennis. A heck of a workout in 100 degree temps, and need to start polishing up our game again after not having played in a few months. We played as bad as children beginning Sounds like you had a great day!!! I am so glad you got in some great time with your DH

Misti - Looks like you are doing great

Fellow - Great to have you
Old 07-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #236  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Enjoy your day!

DH and I went to an event yesterday. I didn't have a lot of control over the food situation, so I did the best that I could. Of course, there is always room for improvement. I could have ordered a plain grilled chicken breast for dinner, but I am chickened out! Saturday is my higher calorie day and the day that I try to have something a little different than I eat during the week. My calories were higher than what I normally have on Saturday. Today is day 11 for TTOM. It seems to be coming to an end, so hopefully I can start getting rid of this water weight that I am holding on to.

Calories for yesterday: 2115 +
Weigh In: 149.8 (TTOM)
Up: .2

Fitnessfellow Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Itsmyturn Great job with the tennis. Getting out and being active like that is better than a DVD workout, anyways. I wish my DH was more active so we could do stuff like that. He has a physical job and works at the farm on the weekend. He thinks he's active, but he's not. It's hard work, but it's not the same as being active.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #237  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday was a very weird day, no other way to put it. After a normal enough run to Walgreen's I had to run DD to a party. While at my first stop light, my car shut off/down. It just locked everything up (engine still running, radio still working). For two light changes I had to signal to everyone behind me to go around because seriously, I had no idea what the heck happened. I couldn't turn the car off or take the key out. When it locked down, it turned it's own hazards on. It wouldn't let me shift out of drive to park, so I couldn't let go of the brake. A nice passer by and a city bus driver pushed me to a safe place where I could call DH and tell him my car is haunted and refused to work or turn off. The passer by asked if I had electrical, I said I did. He said just to ease his curiosity try again. I did and I got the key out, car off. So for my curiosity I restarted, the car allowed me to put it in park first. It worked! Whatever ghost car did, it popped out of it by the push. Well I park safely call DH and tell him to follow me home, in case the car decides to do that again. He took the car, drove home and wondered if maybe it was my alarm system. My car thought I stole it so it locked me down! Who knew cars could even do that? DH says he had no idea it did that but he knew it had the safety mechanism to shut off if stolen...hello, I own the car! It doesn't shut down safely though, I nearly rolled backwards into the bus...so it's not that great of a mechanism, plus...it's my car!

LOL, I'm counting that as exercise. My heart rate was up, I was sweating like a runner and it lasted over 20mins After that I crashed for the rest of the day. I think the world is testing me this month. I also think I did pretty good with handling something that made absolutely no sense to three men, so I don't feel the least bit upset with my performance of handling a weird situation yesterday.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!.......welcome newcomers!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #238  

Good morning, everyone!

ItsMyTurn, wow, tennis in 100 degree temps... yes, definitely a great workout.

Diana, you did fine on your day out. Right... you can't live on chicken all the time. Have to admit I don't quite "get" your comment that working on a farm is not the same as being active. LOL I grew up on a farm and certainly never had to worry about being active or slim! Of course that was a long time ago and things are a lot more mechanized now, so I guess it depend on what he is doing on that farm.

Mamakat, what a stressful adventure you had... LOL you stole your own car! And wowie, that avatar!! You are so thin... I would never have recognized you from when I was here before. Good job!

Well, I suppose this is an NSV. Yesterday I did feel that I ate too much... especially too big a portion of salad at dinner. Plus I skipped my Tonic Alchemy yesterday... meant to do it after I got back from the pool and didn't. Sooooooo this morning I woke up feeling kind of sick and yucky. This is a GOOD thing because I have a tendency to eat way too much at dinner; I want to remember this feeling.

My weight is still 268 though. I'm starting to pick out my new mini-ticker, ha.

Oh! And I was able to join the 260s/250s thread! Yay

I'm off to church. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Talking

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Wow Mamakat I would have burned a lot of calories too! That is stressful. Makes the story I have about MIL who was sitting in my van, had the alarm go off and security come by seem less funny (but it was still)

Diana I really believe if we have a time where we eat more than we are supposed to, it usually does not affect weight loss a lot. I mean for example this Wednesday we are going to this $5 spaghetti meal thingie at the local restaurant. There will be bread. There will be SOURDOUGH bread. That is my favorite KIND of bread. I will eat it without guilt (although how to count that is going to be interesting as the restaurant doesn't have a website including calorie counts). I did it about 2 months ago and didn't gain OR loss anything over that 2-3 day period after anyway so meh, not giving up bread ever!

Misti I have those days where I mess up the schedule and feel absolutely ravenous. My husband has them more often, but he "forgets" to eat. I never have that problem...muahahaha

Hi FitnessFellow! I have this bad habit of not wanting people to see my calories publically and I think that will keep me more accountable. My husband knows them, my best friend isn't interested, so really this is a good place for me to be. Like minded people and accountability, that I think is going to be helpful for me to keep on truckin' so to speak. I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I have so far.

Itsmyturn I bow down to you for attempting Insanity. It scares me, but who knows in a year or two..I might be the one waiting (well me it'd be stalking) UPS until it gets here. I love Shaun though. I had Hip Hop Abs for awhile and liked it (but didn't love it the intensity wasn't there). I've seen lots and lots of positive feedback on that and Asylum.

Well today I plan on about 2 hours of yoga (but nothing intense this is a "yin" day meaning you hold the poses 5-10 minutes). It is hard because your mind wanders, but it's something I try to do this long once or twice a month as I know it helps me flexiblity wise, but also keeps my head straight on what's important.

Stats from Saturday, July 28th:
Calories 1316
Yoga 60 minutes
Cycling 25 minutes (upping it after about 6 months at 20 minutes).
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #240  
~Star~

Diana - I feel ya, my DH isn't active... tennis is just one of those things I can get him to do with me. We don't go places, don't have private meals, don't ..well, you get the idea. However after his cholesterol numbers came back, he has been SLOWLY building up to more exercise since he knows he is in danger zone now.
Glad to hear your TOM should be ending and you can feel a bit more "normal"

Mamakat - How crazy is that? I would definitely count it too

Misti - Glad you were able to start looking at the mini tickers Kinda a NSV to be able to join the other group too

Diva - I am excited to be trying something new. Have had some of my friends that run did Insanity and said that after their time was better on running... honestly it's my hope. I need better time for my running.
Way to go on upping your time!!! That's awesome!!