Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #31  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Diana-- sounds like you made some excellent choices with the availability that you had, which is great! Even if you did go over your maintenance calorie count, at least you didn't have to deal with the cravings of wanting more.

Mamakat-- I also understand about class reunions, those can be rough! I haven't attended any of mine because of my weight, but I plan to one day.

Curvynerd-- I am with you on the temptations, especially today! My family had a barbeque, and while I was able to eat on plan, I was surrounded by chips, dips, burgers, sodas, etc.

Instead of going for all of those temptations, I ate a vegetable medley with a lean chicken breast and a fruit salad. I exercised in the pool doing laps for 2 hours as well. I am proud of myself for resisting those temptations!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #32  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I think TTOM has left the building. If you recall, my thyroid/meds was off. I have been taking the new med for 2 weeks, I think. It takes time for it to get built back up in the body. Last year, my TTOM had improved. This year it was getting worse, again. I think the medicine adjustment helped my TTOM this month. It lasted only 6 days this month. I haven't had that short of a TTOM in a long time!

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 148.4
Up: .2

asharksrevenge Good job sticking to your plan and for getting some exercise in! I love swimming. I am hoping to do some of that this weekend!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 215/142/130

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I hope everyone had a happy 4th yesterday.

We went to another baseball game and it was so HOT. Our seats were in sunshine section for at least an hour and half before the shade made its way over to us. I think that was the first time in my life I actually did feel too hot to eat! I just wanted water water and more water. I am pretty sure my calories for the day were in range because of that but the choices available were mostly high sodium. I will weigh on Friday and see how things went. Still sore from that plyometric workout my son tried to kill me with but I did like it. When I can move again I'm going to do some more.

Diana: Yay for a shorter TTOM!!! Hopefully they will continue to be better for you.

asharsksrevenge: Great job on you food choices and exercise! I agree you should be proud!!

Mamakat: Did you get any laundry done? I am staring at a pile that seems more like a mountain. Looking for motivation....

Curvynerd: Good job sticking to your plan so far! I hope its still going well for you

ItsMyTurn: Glad your daughter is home and doing well! Getting back to a normal schedule will be nice. I agree there's no need to rush to a scale!

Have a great OP day everyone!
cbigsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #34  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Asharks - What kind of running shoes did you order? Great job resisting temptations around you! Awesome!!!

CurvyNerd - Berries also help with sugar and carb cravings

Diana - Sounds like you all were riding forever the other day! Wow! So glad to hear your med adjustment has been so beneficial

Mamakat - Glad to hear you were able to warm yourself up. We actually got rain on the 4th too, I loved it - kind of a novelty around here.

Cbigsis - So funny to hear your son put hou through the ringer with a workout. I can't get anyone to workout with me anymore. When they know I am, they scatter like cockroaches when a light goes on

I did Maximum Power Bootcamp last night... well most of it. My right hip is in a flare, so some of the lower body stuff I couldn't do, but it didn't stop me from kickin it with upper body and core. I was sweating buckets...making that fat cry !!! Have a super day all!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday!
Ate too many chips at our BBQ yesterday, plus a few vodka-slushy's. But I'm ok with that. I'm doing well with my exercise. So progress is being made.

ItsMyTurn: You're rockin' the exercise girl! Keep up the good work. Glad Amber is doing well.

cbigsis: Baseball on a sunny afternoon...how much better does it get? Good job keeping away from all the temptations!

Diana: Glad to hear the change in meds may be making a difference. I saw Magic Mike last weekend. Geez...I needed a cigarette when it was over! Not only did I enjoy looking at Channing Tatum and Matthew McConahey (SP?) but Alex Pattyfer was...well...HOT! Our theater was full of women and 3 men. You're right-not hilarious but funny.

Ash: You too did a good job staying away from the temptations. Hooray!

Mamakat: Seems you're feeling a little better now. Glad to hear it!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #36  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Got on the bike today, first time since the beginning of the year. I also did measurements. I was feeling low because I gained again, instead of lost even after walking yesterday in the stinking heat. I realize that's why I probably gained, but I also know that I haven't been faithful to working out because of the heat. So I decided to hit my gym while it's hot, even put up a smiling Ewan picture to give me something to "race" to

Since the beginning of the year, I have lost around 16 inches, the most being over 4 inches off my waist alone. I had to move the seat up on my bike as my butt isn't as big as before I was noticing a lot of little things while I was down there on that bike. Before I was bigger than the back (recumbent bike), now it's bigger than me. While I was pumping away, I noticed, I could see the seat, both while looking straight down and around my hips. My hips no longer hang over the hrm arms, but sit right in the saddle of the bike.

It all made me feel so good. I have been struggle with the same stinking 3lbs for months now. I'm glad it's made me rededicate to exercise because had I not gone down there today and measured and worked out, I wouldn't have seen, I have really made changes just by sticking do my food plan. As I biked, I smiled and was really inspired by myself. This has been a struggle for so many years, there are lots of reasons why I got here, but it's so nice that I finally am giving myself enough love and care to do the right thing for me and not for getting skinny or looking hot and sexy. I'm actually doing it for me, no one but me and I know it sounds crazy, but I super proud of me for doing it for me...

I freely admit to being a dork. I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy evening!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #37  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

We will be leaving for our trip, tomorrow. I hope you have a great weekend!

I didn't count calories today, either. I will be back to my plan on Monday. Hopefully I can keep things in moderation in the mean time. No workout again today. I went shopping and bought a few Summer shirts. They were on sale and I really needed to replace some of the ones that I have.

Cbigsis Loved the comment about when you can move you will do some more. Keep up the great work.

Itsmyturn Great job making the fat cry! Love it!

Moondance It sounds like you enjoyed the BBQ. Just get right back on you plan. No harm done.

Mamakat Congrats on the inches lost and for having to adjust the seat on the bike! You are doing a fantastic job! I don't see a dork at all. I am proud of you, too. You have come a long way and you are doing an awesome job! Don't forget it. Don't let the struggles get you down. Those will always be around for us to deal with.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:39 AM   #38  
Going, going, gone

Diana-- have a great trip! I hope your vacation is as lovely as it sounds.

Itsmyturn-- I bought Brooks Pure Cadence in ultramarine. Check 'em out if you get the chance, I think they are going to be great and they had a lot of positive reviews. I'm crossing my fingers that buying shoes online wasn't a mistake, we'll see how it goes. At least they have a full refund policy

mamakat-- your story is so inspirational! I'd be very excited to not overwhelm a bike anymore

I dropped another three pounds over the last few days, which is (hopefully) the whoosh I've been waiting for after my TOM is over. I'm feeling better and I ate on plan today as well as walked for 30 minutes. Altogether, feeling pretty good!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:38 AM   #39  
I'm wide awake

S/C/G: 202/184/126

Height: 5FT

Hi everyone,
Well Im feeling good I have lost two pounds this week and I have sucessfully mananaged to cut out bread from my diet and I feel great for it. I don't even miss it. I had a binge at the beginning of the week and ate loads of toast and I really do think it's put me off bread. I felt so sick and bloated afterwards. I have also been eating more protein and you are all right it does keep me fuller for longer and keeping a food diary to help with my calorie counting. I have also been eating later in the day and now I don't get hungry before bed which for me was one of my biggest struggles. I have also cut out my treat meal this week and instead rewarded myself with a book instead of a cheat meal.

DIANA- hope you have a lovely break away

MAMAKAT - well done and keep up the good work

MOONDANCE - m'mmm i love bbq food, a little treat does you good and well done for being so positive

ASHARKSREVENGE - dont you just love a woosh. Well done. I HATE totm and im so happy when its over. Congrats on the 3 pounds.

Have a great day gorgeous ladies and WE ARE AWESOME xxx

Last edited by skinnypie; 07-06-2012 at 04:40 AM.
skinnypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #40  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Moon - Glad you enjoyed the BBQ The one day of having a bit of the wrong stuff is worth it when everything else is on target... and knowing you had fun is a reward for all the effort you have put in

Mamakat - I am so proud of you too!!!! What amazing NSVs too!!! Wow, you go girl!!! I found during my 6 month plateau, after seeing pictures, I never took off weight, but I did totally tighten and reshape during it. Lost inches, reconstructed myself in a way...it sounds like that is what is happening with you. It's almost like our bodies get so far and then say "hold up.... let us catch up to the loss with your skin".... like you can take off "X" amount and then the skin and muscles have to catch up, so you are put on pause while it happens That is what it sounds like is the case for you too... to be so much smaller, able to see that seat... that is sooooo awesome!

Diana - How many tops did you get? Are they cute ones? You must love shopping and feel totally different about it with the transformation you have been able to maintain I hope you have an amazing vacation trip!!!!

asharks - Those sound fantastic I got myself some ASICS Gel 4 (due to my funny gait)... and it has helped tremendously. I have severe RA and not supposed to be running, however, I would always fight through to be able to do it...but my hip would move around in the joint and shin splints were NOT pleasant.... granted, I go at total turtle pace, but I was so hurting - after getting them and having the proper shoe for me, I walk way farther, and can actually run a bit without having the hip issue! I sure hope yours help you with getting out there without injury too!!!! How far do you walk? I am glad they have the return policy, gives you a bit of a confidence boost in product when they do Congrats on the 3lbs!!! That's amazing and awesome! You have done so well so far and should really be feeling a sense of accomplishment, I am sure!!!!!

skinny - so glad you found something that works for you! I have had to tweak my methods all along since I started, but when something is figured out, it feels so awesome! Seems like you are having one of those moments Great job conquering the later eating, that's a tough one for me too and was a struggle at the start... you figured it out faster then the 4 months it took me though... so happy for you!!!!

Serious ab workout last night, felt good. Monday I start my new classes and I am not prepped enough for them yet, so will finish that over the weekend. Also with as tense as I have felt this week, it will be time for one of my blowout weekend workout times (been a few months since I did). I will run til I collapse, lift until I turn to rubber, and I will stretch until every bit of stress leaves my body. So funny how that has changed during this journey - back in the old days I would have a pint of lactose-free ice cream and tons of chocolate....now I workout to the point of utter exhaustion and it has the effect of meditation does on others Who am I??? Happy Friday!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #41  
I'm wide awake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post

Di Also with as tense as I have felt this week, it will be time for one of my blowout weekend workout times (been a few months since I did). I will run til I collapse, lift until I turn to rubber, and I will stretch until every bit of stress leaves my body. So funny how that has changed during this journey - back in the old days I would have a pint of lactose-free ice cream and tons of chocolate....now I workout to the point of utter exhaustion and it has the effect of meditation does on others Who am I??? Happy Friday!!!
I'am exactly the same. I love the feeling going to the gym gives me, I love sweating and working out. It gives me such a buzz. A couple of months ago I would eat two doughnuts with ice cream then sit on the sofa all day to chill me out or cheer me up. Now my husband says i'm a different person.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:56 AM   #42  
Going, going, gone

Itsmyturn-- thanks so much for the encouragement and helpful advice! I received my shoes today and it turns out they didn't fit. I am really bummed, but thankfully I discovered a store in my area where I could return them for the full price I paid. Now I am trying to decide if I want to risk getting another pair or trying something else. I';; go to the shoe store soon and look around. Lesson learned: don't buy shoes online. At least not running shoes!

Skinnypie--thank you also for the encouragement! You ladies and gents here in this forum really make my day!

I had another opportunity to resist temptation when I went out with my mother for lunch this afternoon and she ordered a high-fat, high-calorie appetizer as her meal. I desperately wanted to eat what she was eating, but I felt so much better after eating my lean sirloin steak and steamed broccoli. Later, she was exhausted and didn't have any energy for shopping, but I felt great and I outweigh her by nearly 50 lbs! She says my weight loss has inspired her to consider losing on her own, and I am supportive but not pushy. I definitely know how it feels to want to lose weight but not be ready just yet. Hopefully, as my weight loss continues she will join me

Anyway, I ate on plan today. I planned to exercise by walking my normal route around the neighborhood but instead I got a lot of walking in shopping. I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #43  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Just peeking in and saying hi to those who remember me.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #44  
I'm wide awake

shellsbrood - love the guns. x
Old 07-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #45  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Diana: Have a great trip and enjoy every minute of it!

asharksrevenge: Congrats on your whoosh and eating on plan! Your steak and broccoli sound like a great option!

ItsMyTurn: I hear you. A good dance workout always takes my stress away - I love them!

skinnypie: Congrats on your weightloss and cutting out bread too!

I have been up and down here at the beginning of my journey. I seem to be OK cooking without tasting, but end up eating out of turn anyway. However, I do cook good, nutritious meals and my "out of turn" is nowhere near what it was a few weeks ago, so I've managed to stay within my calorie range each day and lose. Breaking bad habits will be key for me.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote