Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #151  
Light n lovely

S/C/G: 193/193/140

Height: 5 9.5"

I'm back, thank goodness I talked my sister nto joining 3fc because she talked me down. I had a brief with cancer a few years ago and no longer get TOM and It may be water retention etc because I still have ovaries. I weighed myself and I was up 2 pounds s I got dressed and ran 2miles, one uphill.
Thank you for the support. I had wine after dinner the last few nights and it had to be the reason I'm up. I'm getting my weight ticker tomorrow so I am excited. Happy belated birthday Diana
Thistimeitsreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:53 AM   #152  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thistimeitsreal-- welcome back, and it's great your sister will be joining 3FC. I'm trying to get my sister to join as well

I got in a good workout on my mom's treadmill this evening after successfully avoiding the temptation of eating out with her. I've noticed lately that she apologizes for eating junk foods in front of me, which I've told her is unnecessary, but then she tells me how great they taste! Boo! I don't think she is intentionally sabotaging me, but her words don't help--it's bad enough that I want to eat what's she's eating (my cravings for high-carb food are off the roof), but telling me it tastes great is almost too much to bear. I'm nice about it, and just tell her that makes me uncomfortable. What else am I to do? :sigh:

My shoe woes are over! I finally got my Brooks Pure Cadence in and not only do they fit like a dream, like I'm walking on air, but they are a gorgeous turquoise and green. I've taken them out twice for exercise and I don't have any pain or anything with them. Definitely will buy another pair when these give out.
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:35 AM   #153  
Light n lovely

Sharksrevenge....awesome to hear about the shoes! I've been following your posts and was wondering what you would say after getting them. I run too and I get shin splints which I think are related obthe shoe....it is super tough trying to muster will power and this temptation thing is only going to make you stronger really. But wow that's tough with the " omg this is soooo yummy" totally tough but you are doing it..good job
Old 07-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #154  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning! TGIF! Have a fantastic Friday and weekend! Make the most of it and enjoy your weekend!

I'm thinking TTOM will be starting any day now. Evil thing!

Calories for yesterday: 1520 +
Weigh In: 149.8
No Change

Itsmyturn I forgot to mention about the .2. Yes, I think it was a carry over gain. That happens to me when I eat out of my normal behavior, too many calories, off plan, too late, etc. I have also been dealing with an allergic reaction from the 4th of July that I haven't talked about. One day while on our vacation I ate what I wanted. I didn't eat anything with peanuts, etc. My reactions are not as bad as they were in the beginning, but I don't know if that's because I am consuming less soy or if it's because I am totally avoiding peanut stuff. Probably a combo. Anyways, I have woken up with hives every day since eating what I wanted that weekend. This is the worst hives that I have had in a long time. It's was probably compounded by the fact that I had the Japanese food the following week. I have been taking Benadryl, though. The hives really slowed 2 days ago, so I guess I am improving. As you probably know, the reactions also create havoc with water retention/weight. Great job on getting it all done, yesterday! I knew you would "knock it out of the park". I always congratulate you on how well you handle things. It seems like I same the same thing over and over. I want you to know that I really mean it. So many times we sit around and whine and cry about not being about to get things done. You are proof positive that it can get done. Everyone's situation is different and I understand that. When I was going through that stuff with Mama, I had a few moments of feeling overwhelmed and feeling that I couldn't get it all done. I said "Away with those thoughts! What would Itsmyturn do?". I knew the answer to that. I sucked it up and got it done. I also referred back to my signature You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana Love 'ya girl! You set a great example for all of us. I hope you can find some time to relax today and/or this weekend. I think I missed something. Is your DH going to drive a truck for work?

Thistimeitsreal Thank you! Good job on getting the added support from your Sister.

Asharksrevenge I'm glad the new shoes are working out for you. I bought a new pair the day before yesterday. I wore them yesterday to make sure the fit was good. I will put them away until August 1. I think I mentioned that I schedule buying shoes. If I didn't, the current ones would wear out and I would be hobbling around in pain.

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-20-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday!

My interview went very well, I feel. However, I was a sweaty mess! Keep in mind it's been about 20 years since I've had to interview for a job. My last 3 positions have been offered to me because of my work ethic, skills, etc. It was crazy how nervous I was, especially because I don't "need" the job. I have one that is just fine, but this other position is better suited to my skills and have more room for advancement. Of course it was long, talking not just with the hiring manager, but the 3 others in the office I would work for. Fortunately I was able to establish a good rapport with all them them quickly, so I think my chances of getting the job are good. Unfortunately, the hiring manager is going on vacation for 2 weeks now (I was the last candidate interviewed). They'll revisit the situation when he returns Aug 6.

On a very sad note...a very bad thing has happened in my beloved state. Why do people feel killing others will solve their problem. My heart goes out to all the affected families and friends.

Diana: You have such inner strength to be so quietly dealing with your allergy reactions. I'm sorry you're going through the hives. That's my allergic reaction too, and they can be horrible. I had a reaction to Demerol after my 2nd child was born. Because I was breastfeeding, I couldn't even take benedryl. It was a miserable 3-4 days until it was all out of my system! You hang in there too. You too are such an inspiration.

ThisTimeItsReal: How great your sister is joining. I've encouraged my friend, but she's not into the online support. I say she doesn't know what she's missing! Great job on the run...especially the uphill part!

AshArksRevenge: Yeah!! New shoes that feel great! Makes quite the difference, doesn't it? Sorry about the temptations. You're doing a great job getting through it!

ItsMyTurn: You go girl! Hope you had a relaxing evening. Keep up the awesome work! Great job on the deadline. It's a very satisfying, proud feeling when something like that not only gets accomplished, but done well AND recognized! Woohoo!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #156  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Moondance Do you take Benadryl, now for your hives? It sounds like the interview went well. Sending you positive vibes and I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled sirloin 500 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
500 Jump Ropes
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-20-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #157  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thistimeitsreal-- thanks for the support! I really do love these shoes, they are exercising parts of my calves and thighs I've never worked before. Shin splints are the worst! I hope you'll get some relief from them soon!

Moondance-- congrats on the great interview! I hope it goes well for you.

I dropped a couple of pounds this morning like I was hoping, and was able to get in a great workout walking this evening. I ate well and have tracked my calories and carbs and am on plan. I was tempted again at a buffet my family and I ate at for dinner, but had good choices and felt full and happy with myself afterward, a feeling I am not used to experiencing at a buffet!

Happy Friday, everyone!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:48 AM   #158  
Light n lovely

A sharksrevenge good job on the pounds! It's hard to pass one item up sometimes but a buffet? Brutal! Way to go

Diana wow I think on top f all it must be tough dealing with these allergies and their negative side effects! Good job taking it all in stride

Moon dance..Good job on the interview..that takes courage since usually you are referred or recruited! The good news is that you too have 2 weeks to set your mind at ease.

Today I was complimented by my 15 yr old daughter and niece saying I looked sooo good. My butt is "small". I lst the pounds I gained and needed to see some positive news on the scale and I did! . I'm back on....with my sisters encouragement and support Xxoo Kathie
Old 07-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #159  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a great weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 149.6 (TTOM)
Down: .2

Asharksrevenge Great job on your weigh in and for sticking to you plan. Buffets are tough! You were even tougher! Keep up the great work!

Thistimeitsreal Congrats on the compliments!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-21-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #160  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - You made me teary-eyed!!! OMG, thank you for your kind words, sincerely. All I know is my kids call me their inspiration, and I call them mine... between all of us, we beat the protocol on most everything and try like heck to surpass expectations. and yes, DH is going to be going trucking once we get his medical stuff taken care of. Upon doing the physical for the school, discovered high blood pressure, high cholesterol (triglycerides so high they couldn't even get a good and bad cholesterol reading... was over 400).. he is on meds for both of those now and working on improving diet finally... and now waiting for the argument with insurance to have sleep study test done as his sleep apnea is at a dangerous level. Until all of these are done they won't allow him into the school and behind the wheel of a truck for liability reasons... so it will be longer than we expected.

Moon - So glad to hear the interview went well, will keep my fingers crossed for ya. I heard of the events on the news... it's unreal to me how someone can be so cruel as to hurt others and include children. I did find time to relax yesterday and still picked away at stuff - but even took a NAP! No kidding!

Asharks - So glad the new shoes are so awesome for you!

ItsTime - Go to a running shop and get your gait analyzed and it will help you know what to buy. I did that then bought mine on sale at Kohl's for way less money and the analyzing is free. It solved the shin splints for me and has helped with my arthritic hip, knee and ankle for running

Today I went and got my run in early, ran some errands, got a shelf hung in my study (one more to go), now getting everyone showered and ready as we have to travel to attend my BIL's 50th birthday party this afternoon. Full but good day. Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend so far!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #161  

Hi everybody
Just been reading through all your posts from the last few days. Wow - What an inspirational lot you all are, through all the trials and tribulations and busyness of life.
I haven't posted for the last few days so good to be looking back here to check in with you all.
My man is watching his little grandson play his first lightning premiership game of football -- and I have managed to duck away to a bayside cafe and pull out the notebook computer for a half an hour or so and connect with you guys. Even though it is Winter here it is a beautiful Sunday morning -- not TOO cold. When I pick up the man we are going to go for a long walk along the beach.

Diana Thanks for the good wishes. The presentation went reasonably well. I am glad it is over now Whew!

Cbgis Thanks also . The new car is going really well so far. I hope it went well with your health insurance assessment.

Mamakat Sending you a big hug- and hang in there. It sounds so tough what you are going through at the moment. Your attitude will help in taking it one step at a time and not being too hard on yourself.

Moondance Yep- my old car was very old -- 1992 - so I feel amazing driving this latest one. NOt that it is brand new - 2008 - but it feels like it to me. I don't know myself. Well done you in turning down the Brownies

Itsmyturn: Wow. A very busy life you lead. Take car and keep looking after yourself.

asharkreveng Keep at it. You can do it

KathyDee Well done with the gym You go girl. Hope the food goes well

This week I have mapped out a plan for the week with my food -- so got organised with that which is a big thing for me. Off now to catch the end of the football game -- and then for a walk along the beach. Will be out for the day but have some healthy snacks with me
Have a great Sunday everybody
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #162  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Itsmyturn I hope your DH gets all of the medical stuff under control and he can get into school. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Monday comes way too soon. Have fun at the party.

Crystal A walk along the beach sounds wonderful! Enjoy!

Total Approx 1925 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (330 Calories)
Yogurt 260 Calories
Cinnamon peaches 70 calories

Dinner (1200 Calories)
Grilled pork chop 400 calories
Sweet potato 300 calories
Boiled okra 100 calories
piece chocolate cake 400 calories

Exercise:
5 mile mall walk
Old 07-22-2012, 07:00 AM   #163  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,
I have been sick the last few days, not sure where I pick up the germs as I never leave. I have lost almost 5lbs in the past 4days. I finally broke my plateau My body is still aching but I at least got to eat dinner last night with the family

Moondance cyber hugs are the best kind, I get the comfort without the touch I like giving them too, almost makes me feel normal Right now I'd like to be hugging a lot of people in Colorado. I don't watch TV nor do I get the news. DH decides what I need to know, otherwise I get severely depressed. He decided I didn't need to know about Friday's terrible news. So while he took my kittens to see a movie, I checked my Facebook. For three hours I was combing every stinking news article and obsessing. When he came home, he knew right off and said he didn't want me to know. Funny thing, my DD was the only one who had posted about it. ...On a happier note, I'm glad the interview went well. I think I'd obsess on the 3 week wait, but as mentioned before, you don't 'need' the job so no point in stressing, but I know me, I'd stressed/obsess anyway. I hope the 3 weeks go by fast. Good luck.

Cyber how was the walk along the beach?

ItsMyTurn a friend of mine posted some awesome pics of the dust storm over the weekend. Did you get to see any of that? The pictures were amazing. She was at a football game Dbacks while it was happening.

Thistime nice compliments! I so loved when my family started noticing, loved even more when my butt started to shrink. I started losing weight all over, except the butt then all of sudden I didn't notice I was losing at all, even though the scale was dropping. I had a shelf butt (a huge one). One day DH said, 'you lost your shelf.' We didn't have a full length mirror then so I didn't get to see Now I look at it every morning. Congrats on getting those pounds back off.

asharks congrats on seeing the scale drop. How are the shoes doing? The color sounds awesome.

Diana Good morning. How is your weekend going? I wanted to go hiking up a mountain we tried last year and failed...I was still on my cane, though. But of course, I can't leave the house until I know the bug has finally left this body...ewww. I'm antsy though to get back out, just not to the beach

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #164  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1925 +
Weigh In: 149.4 (TTOM)
Down: .2

Mamakat I hope you get over that bug quickly. It sounds awful! That is no way to break a plateau. Feel better, my friend.

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-22-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #165  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone!

Oh no! I got sidetracked again and gained back five pounds! The good news is that I have lost it again so am right at where my ticker says I am!

Now I need to go back to the top of this thread and start reading to catch up!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote