Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #196  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 149.4 (TTOM)
Down: .4

Gina Hi and welcome to the check-in!

Itsmyturn Nothing wrong with being that type of "evil mommy". "Haboob" sounds like something you would call someone that's gotten on your last nerve.

Misti A chiro visit and swim in one day? That sounds awesome to me.

Mamakat I have the insomnia with TTOM. Hopefully that's all that's going on. We never know what's going to happen next with our ever changing body, right? I hope today is a good day for you and the "bug" leaves the building! You have had that thing long enough!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #197  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Mamakat - To say I was pissed off and scared all at once, would be an understatement. The yelling and punishing took place for a long time. She has been pushing the envelope this summer and hiding things from me for the first time - usually we talk about everything. So she is on lock-down. We are even getting door alarms for the exits... but like I told her - even prisoners need an hour of daylight a day. She asked to be able to sit out back instead... I said no. When she can follow structure then she can have a say in hers... til then... mom's job. She is 13.
Black pants hold in the heat, so that probably didn't help you at all. I sure hope you feel better soon!!
As for Haboob, I hadn't heard it til our gi-normous storm last year... it was the biggest haboob in decades apparently

Diana - I am not accustomed to having to pull the "mommy" card with these guys since they have gotten older, but I guess my youngest has not passed that mark where it won't happen. My best friend down here laughs and says that my youngest has caused her ovaries to shrivel - best form of birth control.... needless to say, the youngest has always had a rebellious streak in her. However, what she doesn't seem to realize is she is an extension of me and that gives me the right to combat that streak
Haboob is definitely a funny sounding word. Never would I have pictured it meaning a storm type until I paid witness to it. Every time I heard it, my head was hearing Kabob... I know, weird but true
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #198  

Hi -- Weighed myself this morning and I was 75kg. My top weight in the last few years has been 83kgs so not too bad. It is .8 down from my previous weigh in.

Went to gym after work and did an hour cardio -- am tired so off to bed.

Moondance: Yes the zoo was fun. The second graders were very enthusiastic. One of the most enthursiastic group of kids that I have taken to the zoo- My choir is a arcapella choir and we sing a range of songs -- folkie songs, south african , bluesie. Pretty much the whole range. It is a lot of fun. We don't take ourselves too seriously- so you are a "fellow singer" hey. That is good to know.

Have a good day everybody
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!
I'm getting frustrated. I "think" I'm eating well, but I can't seem to get below that 185 mark again, and I just go up and down, up and down. I've been better about my eating the last week or so than I have in awhile but I don't feel like I'm making progress. Plus my body is acting like PMS, but I'm at the wrong end of my cycle for that. Insomnia, headaches, emotional. Yuck. Please remind me to stick it out...that it will come off if I stay diligent. I have another personal training session today. He wants me to try boxing. Oh goody. Sorry...can you tell I'm not enthused about this? Actually, I'm not enthused about anything today.

Venting here...skip if you want: I joined a Sweet Adelaide chorus last Feb. We had regional competition in April but it wasn't too stressful since we weren't competing...because we're competing for International competition this Nov. I'm a performer and hadn't had a good outlet in a couple of years, so I joined the chorus to have some fun, sing, and be creative. We were informed last night that if we miss more than 3 of the next 18 rehearsals before competition, we could be out. We'll have to "audition" for the management team and some select chorus members to be "allowed" to compete. Never mind the hundreds of dollars spent on costumes, shoes, make-up, hotel, dues, etc. in addition to the time put in. I already know of 3 rehearsals I'll be missing. This give me no room for illness or other last minute things. Frankly, I'm pissed off about it. DH thinks I should stick with it because of the money lost. I'm leaning towards quitting...I don't need the added stress. Defeats the purpose of joining the group. But, I want to show my DDs that you stick with something you've committed to, even when it gets difficult. This is not what I signed up for. --end vent.

ItsMyTurn: Haboob? I wonder if the word originates from the Middle East/Sahara Desert area. It makes me giggle too. Good job on the Mean Mom role you're playing. I know how hard it is (I'm not very good at it). But hopefully you're nipping it in the bud, before it becomes a big problem. Good luck and stay strong!

Crystal: Your choir sounds like what I was originally looking for (see rant above). Great job on the loss and keeping up with the cardio!

Diana: Hope you get some sleep soon! I don't think the shootings are stressing me out to the sleepless point. I thinks it's a hormonal thing.

Mamakat: Home is safe...and you need clean underwear. Does that help? Sorry that dang bug is still hanging on. Hope you're feeling back to normal soon!

Misti: Mmm...Chiropracter. I haven't had a good back-cracking in a long time. And then swimming...sounds divine.

LadyKnight: Welcome to Check-in!

Last edited by Moondance; 07-25-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #200  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Itsmyturn I hope you had a great day!

Crystal Congrats on the .8.

Moondance Hang in there! The weight will start coming off. Are you eating in a good calorie range? Make sure it's not too low. You need fuel for your body. Can I take your boxing class? I love kickboxing style workouts!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #201  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled NY strip 400 calories
Broccolini 100 calories
collards 100 calories
grilled shrimp 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60
Old 07-25-2012, 11:44 PM   #202  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone

Hope all of you had a good day!

I did great with my eating... then had a doctor appointment because of a fiery red place that came up on my arm. Fortunately she assured me it is nothing serious and should go away with a cream she gave me for something earlier. It burns and stings so badly it is hard to sleep or even think of anything else.

BUT when they put me on the scale, it said 270... that is evening weight and fully clothed. I came home, undressed and got on my scale and it said 271.6. Which means my scale is a couple of pound over, yay.

Eating was:

Early morning:
Tonic Alchemy in small amount grapefruit juice, 1/2 fresh squeezed lime juice.

Breakfast:
3 oz tuna packet
6 bagel crisps
carrot sticks
grape tomatoes

Snack:
Nectarine

Lunch:
Cottage cheese
few chunks fresh pineapple
grape tomatoes
carrot sticks

No snack

Dinner:
small-average portion baked chicken
large bowl mega-veggie slaw

No workout today
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:37 AM   #203  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

TTOM is still kicking my butt! I have been going to bed earlier and that seems to be helping me get extra sleep with waking a little early. Still no movement with the scale. I don't expect much with TTOM going on, but not a fan of weight being this high and feeling bloated. When we got back from the 4th of July, I was dealing with an allergic reaction from eating regular foods for a day. On top of that, the next week we ate at the Japanese restaurant (soy). It takes a while for a significant reaction to work its way through my system. Then I started my TTOM. I have to make sure I am aware of all of this and not get frustrated. I remember when I was trying to lose weight, before I was aware of the allergy, these reactions would really throw me for a loop. As we all know one or two pounds can really make a difference in our mental state. I would gain 3 pounds in a day or two and didn't understand what was going on. Then it would take weeks to get it back under control. Anyways, I'm babbling this morning. Patience, patience, patience!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 149.6
Up: .2

Misti Good job with your eating!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #204  

Good morning, everyone!

Thanks, Diana...hang in there! Those mean ole pounds will float away again; if not you will beat them off.

Grrrrrr I still can't get my scale to say anything lower than 270! LOL still 30 mins before I have to get ready for work so I still hope it will drop another pound by then. Hope springs eternal. Especially since I am right now 100 pounds over my goal weight so dropping one more will put me under that!!! Being two digits overweight will feel much nicer than three digits!!

Wishing everyone a super day. Oh! And one thing... a great substitute for salt, etc., is True Lemon (or True Lime) crystals. If you like citrus, give them a try; they are delicious.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #205  

I did it, I did it!!! 269! I am now officially NOT 100 pounds over my goal weight.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #206  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Moon - Let me start out with.... stick with it girl, you WILL see results, but sometimes our bodies play tricks on us. You are tougher than a plateau, stronger than a bad bout with the body... kick it's butt!!! As for the chorus, I am sorry it has turned into something you didn't count on.
For the word Haboob, that is absolutely where it started from. Those huge dust storms

Diana - Sucks that TOM does so much tweaking to us!!! You will get through it though!!! I did have a decent day too, thank you for asking

Got home from work last night, did my schoolwork, then kicked out some lifting - felt good to just exert the energy and push Then got an email that stated my order for Insanity had been shipped! Woohoo!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #207  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Then got an email that stated my order for Insanity had been shipped! Woohoo!
Oh, no, you didn't! A friend just sent me her copy of Insanity! I am thinking about starting it on August 1! I'm skeered! Do you know anyone that has done Insanity?

I posted a question at the Insanity check-in, but I haven't received a response, yet. Here's my post: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4415634-post277.html

Here is a similar question at the Team BB site: http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect...ssage/38032841

The responses:
I did one round of P90X and had good results. I was going to do another round to get a little more muscle and definition. A friend said lets try Insanity. It's only 60 days after all. I'm glad I did. I'm in the fifth week starting today and the definition is progressing nicely. My wife even said I look more muscular. I haven't measured since I started, but I feel I made the right choice. If I were you, I'd do Insanity as intended on it's own for now and then do a hybrid when you've completed it. I'm planning on this as well. Dig deeper!

My understanding from Steve Edwards statements, is that you can go thru the 60 days of Insanity without affecting your muscle growth to date. But after that you would need to do P90x again.

I was advised in my TF Check-in to do a hybrid Insanity/strength rotation. The person that advised this, her DH did Insanity and said that there is not enough strength since it is primarily a cardio program. It uses body weight as the strength training.

Are you going to follow the Insanity rotation or do a hybrid w/strength training?

Misti Congrats on the 269!
Old 07-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday!
Went to Music in the park last night, and brought Chinese to eat. OMG...the scale is up 4 pounds. Holy moley! 4 pounds of water weight??? Would the combination of Chinese and extra tough workout enable me to hold on to 4 pounds of water??? Someone please say yes! please please please please Body is sore today.

ItsMyTurn:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Then got an email that stated my order for Insanity had been shipped! Woohoo!
So me not knowing what "Insanity" is, I thought you were making a joke that your insanity had been shipped and you couldn't wait to get crazy. Yes...it's been a long morning.

Misti: Congrats! That's a real psychological boost, isn't it??? Great Job!

Diana: I need to take on your mantra of patience, patience, patience. Thanks for the reminder. And hang in there, this too shall pass.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #209  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Moondance The sodium/MSG in Chinese food can cause that type of gain. It will pass quickly, though. Drink plenty of water.

Total Approx 1580 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (810 Calories)
Shrimp/crab meat 100 calories
Spinach/onions/tomatoes 50 calories
Cheese 120 calories
Eggs/Egg whites 130 calories
Grits 140 calories
Fresh tropical fruit 150 calories
English muffin 100 calories
pumpkin butter 20 calories

Exercise:
Project You Full Body Circuit w/12's + weighted gloves
Old 07-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #210  

Just checking in. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement.

Today's food

AM - Tonic Alchemy with small amount grapefruit juice, 1/2 fresh squeezed lime juice

Breakfast
Greek vanilla yogurt
fresh black raspberries

AM snack
Banana

Lunch
2 steamed eggs
fresh pico de gallo
6 bagel crisps
grape tomatoes
carrot chips

Afternoon snack - FORGOT to eat my nectarine; left it at work LOL... remembered tonight

Dinner
Baked yam
Corn on the cob
Large bowl mega-veggie slaw