3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - July 2012 - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/262007-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-july-2012-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 06-30-2012 10:43 PM

Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - July 2012 - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

asharksrevenge 07-01-2012 01:39 AM

Thanks for starting this thread, Diana! I look forward to staying accountable through this thread and others on this forum.

Today, I ate on plan (I'm eating a low-carb diet) all day, and especially enjoyed a chicken salad I made. I walked outside for 30 minutes today. I've been training myself to avoid weighing in daily (I don't like to see small numbers), and I successfully stayed away from the scale today.

I look forward to facing July!

mamakat 07-01-2012 06:45 AM

Good Morning Everyone,
I've been hiding under the covers for a couple of days. It's hot here so of course we have the a/c on. The a/c is right in my area so it blasts me before it gets to the other side of the room. All my muscles are seizing. My forearms are screaming memes right now, they are so not happy. Last night, we had dinner together downstairs, I wore a hoodie with the hood up, plus my arm warmers. Then we walked out to the beach to see some fireworks, I wore pants even it was warm outside.

This morning DD wants to go for a walk. She's willing to go the five mile walk so I guess I should get on my new shoes. DH will join us too, I think. They are waiting for me, so I will go for now.

Have a wonderful and healthy day.

Diana3271 07-01-2012 08:09 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Let's make this a great month!

Calories for yesterday: 1695 + :coffee2:
Weigh In: 148.4 (TTOM)
Up: .2

asharksrevenge Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Good job on your eating and your walk.

Mamakat Hi :wave: I missed seeing your check-in. I hope you have a great walk today with your family. Are the new shoes still working for you?

Miko 07-01-2012 08:33 AM

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums but will be checking in to keep myself accountable. I'm concentrating on keeping my sugar intake low and tracking carbs. Less than a week into dieting so far, keeping a daily food journal, making healthier choices. Yesterday (Saturday) was surprisingly difficult. Now that I'm actually paying attention to what I'm eating it's clear that I snack much more when I'm at home vs. at work. I did good yesterday, though, keeping my sugar intake low and watching my carbs.

The most difficult part of losing weight is exercise. I'm so darn lazy. Today (Sunday) I'll find a way to get moving more. I'll either jump on the elliptical or take my daughter (age 7) for a walk around our neighborhood. Maybe even Zumba or Dance Central on the Wii. I'll check back and let everyone know how it went.

Wishing everyone a beautiful and successful Sunday!

Diana3271 07-01-2012 08:37 AM

Miko Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Walking is great exercise! It looks like you have a plan in place and you are being mindful. You are off to a great start!

Moondance 07-01-2012 10:55 AM

Happy Sunday and Happy July! :D

Just a quick check-in...lots to do today. Eating yesterday was so-so...I'm afraid to get on the scale tomorrow! :lol: I'm stilll struggling with the emotional eating (fight with husband--turn to ice cream or chocolate or other junk). But I am getting better about working out at home.

The fires are getting under control and are no longer such a threat. As long as there are no fireworks (there's a statewide ban with a few city exceptions) or lightning started fires, we'll be ok.

Have a great, OP day!

sonickel77 07-01-2012 06:08 PM

Yesterday I stuck to eating around 1550 calories, and walked around the mall, shopping for shoes, bag and purse. There were so many cakes, hot chocolates, greasy foods in full view, and I resisted them all, I just had cups of tea (no sugar) and sushi. Didn't get to go for a proper walk, but I was up and about all afternoon.

Diana3271 07-01-2012 08:42 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Moondance I'm glad to hear things are getting better with the fires. Sending you good strength to deal with the emotional eating. Stay strong. :hug:

Sonickel Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Total Approx 1495 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 500 calories
Petite Sirloin 400 calories
steamed broccoli 100 calories

Dinner 600 calories - Not the perfect dinner, but it's gone and I don't have to worry about it tomorrow. ;)
Hungry girl upside down pumpkin pie 600 calories

Exercise:
Project You Full Body Circuit w/12's

cbigsis 07-01-2012 09:26 PM

Hi everyone. I hope your weekends were healthy and happy!

I did better this weekend than last. Saturday was a big family reunion for my husband's family. My husband passed away 8 years ago and I brought the man I have been dating the last almost 2 years along with me. It was a little stressful and he felt awkward at times, but the family is so nice and accepting I knew it would be fine. I did great with the food and was so proud! I had one small plate with some fruit and veggies and some black bean salsa and 5 chips. And 3 water bottles as it was so hot out! We had another baseball game that night though and I did end up munching a bunch of kettle corn and had a beer. We also went out for dinner after the game and I had a couple more drinks with my dinner. Overall compared to last weekend though that was MUCH better. Hopefully I wont have to spend as much time this week undoing the weekend like last week.

Exercise I did manage Saturday morning to get through my ifit workout on the treadmill only jumping off once gasping for 30 seconds before forcing myself back on. So its getting better! And today my SO and I went on a 15 mile bike ride. Not bad :carrot:

Have a great week everyone!

Miko 07-01-2012 09:30 PM

Exercise for the day ... check. :)

asharksrevenge 07-02-2012 01:48 AM

I ate on plan all day and walked for 30 minutes on schedule. I have some new Brooks running shoes coming next week that I can't wait to break in! So far so good :)

digital123 07-02-2012 02:50 AM

Daily Exercise on the reguar time , Eat and Drinl more Fatty thing Avoid , For the weight loss ,For looking slim and fit i use regularly Exercise and Dieting. protein bars for weight loss suggestions for weight loss is helpful for me.

Diana3271 07-02-2012 07:12 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Calories for yesterday: 1495 + :coffee2:
Weigh In: 148.4 (TTOM)
No Change (right now, that's better than a gain ;))

Cbigsis It sounds like you handled the family reunion very well! Congrats! :carrot:

Miko Good job getting your workout in!

Asharksrevenge Great job in sticking to your plan!

Digital Hi and welcome to the check-in! :wave:

CurvyNerd 07-02-2012 07:20 AM

Great thread idea!

I decided to cut out all processed sugars for July and yesterday was my first day. I did really well and had very few cravings. I had 1347 calories for the day. That's a little low for me but I woke up late so breakfast was skipped.

Today I woke up with a massive headache from sugar withdrawals but I know that it'll only last a few days. I have my bottle of water beside me and took some medicine and I'm ready to start my day.