Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #766  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Tina--My mom for one. She's convinced if I move to CA then I'll slide into the ocean with the rest of CA when the next earthquake hits. She always reminds me of that when I mention how I belong in CA.
Oh my gosh.. our mothers must be sisters! We (hubby and I) talked about moving as south as Western Canada gets (Vancouver) and those are the exact words she used! You'll be closer the heart of the earthquake! I would really love a warmer climate.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #767  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day!

TTOM is getting ready to end and now I am gaining the water weight. How crazy is that? Every month it's different.

Weigh In: 165.8

Up: .4

Total gain w/TTOM, so far 1.2 pounds. It's normally 2-3 pounds. What will tomorrow hold? Stayed tuned to find out.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #768  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Been busy the past couple of days.... I'll try to catch up... ya'll are busy gals!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #769  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLai View Post
Vixsin, great idea to pay it forward! I'd much rather get advice by someone "who's been there" than someone who has been skinny their entire lives.
And I am hoping that there are PLENTY more people that think just like THAT!!!!

Honestly, I can't wait to begin my journey to get my degree and actually get things going! Since starting my own journey, it has become very very clear to me that I am supposed to be in this field.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #770  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone!

Quick check in for me. I am up .4 today and I'm ok with it. I had a high calorie day yesterday. I felt very snacky ALL day. I ate late and fell asleep shortly afterward so those are never a good combination for the scale. LOL

No worries. I'm back in the game today. Going to the gym tonight for my run. My knee feels a little "twingy" when I squatted down this morning to pet the puppy so I'll be thinking about that today. Also planning on swearing at Bob Harper tonight for 15 minutes for his killer ab workout.

Will try to check back later. The kidlet is here at work with me for his 2 hour delay and he's already bouncing off the walls here and trying to take over my desk. That's my boy!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #771  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

For me right now, Life = Stress!!! UGH!!

I hope the beginning of this day isn't a sign of the way things are going to go the rest of the day!!! I just pulled in my driveway (coming home from taking my kids to school). There was an 18 wheeler behind me. He slowed down for me to turn in and the person behind him rear-ended him. The girl who was driving the SUV is fine (thank goodness!!) but her vehicle, if it's not totaled, it almost is. I feel like it's my fault, even though it's not. I didn't do anything wrong and she admitted she had looked down and that's why she hit him, but I still feel kinda responsible. I wanna cry. Silly, I know.

On the bright side, I was 2.8 lbs lighter at my official WW weigh in last night!! 7.8 lb total in two weeks. I'm satisfied with that!

My house is pretty much sold, which is a good thing....except we haven't found anywhere else to go yet. My mother in law is insistent that we're moving in with her until we find a place. That AIN'T happenin'! She and I would kill each other. I love her....just not enough to live with her.

Stress at work....soooooo much stress at work! I wanna cry about that, too. (It's too much to tell....I'd be here typing for days, but it involves my mother in law, too.....she's EVERYWHERE! lol)

Okay, I'm done now. Sorry guys. I've kind of exploded here with my stress. I'll be back later when I'm in a better mood.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #772  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Good Morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Also planning on swearing at Bob Harper tonight for 15 minutes for his killer ab workout.
Hehe, I love this!

Diana(LA)
--Yuck! It sounds like you are in need of a big hug. Take it easy and cry if you need to. Sometimes, it's just better to get it all out. I'm glad no one got hurt. That's the important thing!

Diana--I never know what to expect with TTOM.

I was very frustrated with the scale today and the morning was a total bust in general. I look forward to taking out my frustrations during my workout. I foresee a great run in my future! Until that scale budges (in the right direction), I'm going to fake it til I make it!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #773  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
I feel like it's my fault, even though it's not. I didn't do anything wrong and she admitted she had looked down and that's why she hit him, but I still feel kinda responsible. I wanna cry. Silly, I know.Hope everyone has a GREAT day.
Funny you wrote that. I have done so much soul searching about me in regards to that. Ever since I was a little girl I would feel responsible-- like things were my fault. When I was about 8 years old I spent day at my grandparents house. Everytime my grandfather was outside I would call for him to give me a push on the rope swing. He woud walk over and give me a big push. It was out o his way but I enjoyed it and I thought he did too. About a week later he had a heart attack. I can remember that I so much thought it was my fault. I felt so responsible... I thought I made him "work" too hard and his heart gave out. Now again I run through the month of October with my dad in the hospital feeling so responsible again. I keep thinking I should have taken him home or done something different- this feeling of it's my fault is so hard to come to terms with since he didn't make it and there are no "do overs." Anyway- I always think things are my fault... I wish I believe more n "Gods greater plan." Or is in some illusion of grandeur that I think I actually control the universe. I really don't know... but I do know that I need to take respoinsibility for things within my control (like the food I put in my mouth) and stop taking responsibility for things ouside of my control (like the death of my father).

This may be too much info for our little thread- but I guess I am in a bit of a contemlative mood...
Old 01-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #774  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Diana (gaining) it is DEFINITELY not your fault, so stop feeling guilty RIGHT NOW! LOL. It is obvious she was following the semi too closely, and not paying attention. hope your day gets better!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #775  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Aww Stacy! None of that was your fault! I do know how you feel though... yes, that is what we must do - focus on what we CAN control.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:22 AM   #776  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

roxanne - Hello lady My wedding is in July this year

Kayla - Nice to see you again

LittleL - I don't think your idea sounds weird at all. I think we all learn so much on our journeys that we want to learn more, inspire people, and help them achieve what we have.

LadyL - Thanks Staying warm is hard but can be done with lot's of layers! Great job getting in those 4.4L water

cincim - Yay for getrting back to the gym!

Wysteria - I'm with you, I really just don't understand the greasy food thing either. If I eat something even just a little greasy it feels like it just all over my mouth and lips, just so gross. I think it's amazing how our bodies and feelings towards certain things change for the better.

Shells - That Snobby Joe looks sooooo yummy! And lol@your mum!!! I would also love to live in CA.

Diana - Thanks, I think it's important to remind people to take some time and relax because sometimes I think we can forget or even just put any relaxation time to the side when we are really busy. I never think about myself when I am busy so I am happy someone else is looking out for me Happy Hump Day!

stacygee - Awwww None of that was your fault, but you are so right "focus on what you can control".

Vixsin - "Also planning on swearing at Bob Harper tonight for 15 minutes for his killer ab workout."

Diana(LA) - Awww i'm sorry you're feeling stressed Congrats on the loss!

Ande - Hello, have a great day
Old 01-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #777  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Hello Girls

Happy Hump Day!

Here is my plan for the day Weds 1/19/2011

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ natural peanut butter, a little sugar and chopped banana

S - 1.5oz dry-roasted almonds

L - Grilled tempeh, broccoli, kale, tahini sauce on brown rice

S - 1 small apple

D - Barley Casserole w/ lightly steamed kale drizzled with a little braggs

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day
Old 01-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #778  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Good morning ladies! I'm going to be a nervous wreck today.. my daughter has a ski trip with the school. I mean how well can these teachers (Grades 3-6.. approx 200 kids) watch and protect each kid? Answer: They can't! This is one of those times (again) I wish I were "smaller" to be able to go and ski with her. I hope I don't sound like an over protective mom, I can't help it. She's my one and only.. the sunshine to my days. I'm thinking I'll drive out there around lunch and "watch" her.

Diana, TTOM is lurking around the corner for me. I'm ususally up 2-3lbs as well. I guess that is just one the joys of being a woman. Men are missing out on so much!

Stacy, I think it's normal to feel that way. You're not alone. We sometimes are our own worst critic. We always play things back in our mind and wonder what I could have done differently or better. But the fact remains, you did everything you could the best possible way you knew how at the time. Nothing, I mean nothing is going to change that. Time to start putting 'you' first to help yourself get better body, mind and spirit. Love your comment about controling the things you can a.k.a food habits.

Vixsin, You go girl.. behind you 100% of the way!

Diana(LA), what a morning you had. But like the others have said, it clearly isn't your fault. On a brighter note.. congrats on that amazing loss! and the sale of your home! House hunting is going to be fun.. ever see that show?

Shells, "I'm going to fake it til I make it!" Love this!

Lauren, thanks! Have a great OP day!

Have a great day ladies!!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #779  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hello all you lovely, beautiful people! I'm in a good mood today, despite my cramps and bloating. TOM go away!

I hadn't weight myself in a month..and well the scale read 162, which is 4 lb. higher than my previous weight, BUT I usually weigh 6-8lbs more on my monthly so I'm sure it's because of that...hopefully lol.

I'm not going to count calories today very well.. Today is my fiancee's 24th birthday and we are having dinner with his family. I'm going to relax, eat until I'm satisfied (not full) and work out hard tomorrow morning hopefully.

Stay positive, stay beautiful, be happy & healthy!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #780  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Shells - Thanks! I can't wait!

Diana - That's not too bad for TTOM. I'm with Shells, I never know what to expect. TOM does what he wants!

Vixsin - Be careful of your knee! I baby my right knee since those "snapping" episodes. Have fun with the killer ab workouts! I always want to die when I do the ab stuff in No More Trouble Zones... (yes, that's what my face looks like when I do that ab workouts!)

Gaining - First off, for 2.8 pounds!!! That's great!! That accident was TOTALLY not your fault, in any way! I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so stressed. I agree with your thoughts on your MIL...I love ya but I sure as **** don't wanna live with ya! I would go nuts, quite literally, if I had to live with mine.

Stacy - Awww! That was so NOT your fault!!!

Lauren - I agree! We all learn so much, why not share it with others! Your breakfast = x 10. I love oatmeal, PB AND bananas!

LadyLai - A ski trip! Sounds fun, but you're right - how are the teachers supposed to watch the kiddos?! I say go for it and go watch her!
Closed Thread