Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #856  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Who knows...there are some bottled up feelings and stress in there somewhere, but I've never had binging problems this bad in the past. You're absolutely right about giving in making it worse. Ah well, what's done is done. Defeated - but only for today.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #857  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Boy do I wish life would straighten out so I could get in to some kind of routine with the whole weight loss, working out thing. Life is SOOOO crazy right now....too much going on. I'm finding NO time to work out. My daughter is SICK SICK SICK, I've got a TON to do at work (that no one else can do) that has deadlines and am not able to go to work because of a sick kiddo, the whole house sell thing, now this deal with my sister (we're semi-angry with each other, so that's weighing on my mind so much that between that and work, I'm getting NO sleep).....I just want a boring routine. lol

Gotta take my kiddo to school (not the sick one!) and come home and get ready to go to work (taking the sick one with me....so I won't get hardly anything done today either) :sigh: I'll try to visit with positive words later. Have a great day ladies.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #858  
Diana

Okay so I braved "the monster" this morning and I'm down? A lb. How can that be? I'm doubting it so I'm not changing ticker yet. Two more lbs (if this one is legit) and I'll be lighter than I've been in 3 years. Wow.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #859  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone!

The water in my basement problem has been solved by my friend's EXCELLENT fiancee Rick. Turned out to be an easy fix. And now to clean up the water.....

It snowed again today. My DS is off from school AGAIN! He went to school 1.5 days this week. Stupid snow!

The best news of the day is that I WHOOOOOSHED down 1.4 lbs today to 217.4! Everyone do the "new low dance" with me.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #860  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Diana(LA)--Ugh, I'm sorry life is so stressful for you. Have a sick child is no fun at all. Trust me, I have four...I know! Last year we battled with pneumonia and it was awful. My heart goes out to you.

Krampus--It does sound like it could be stress eating. I didn't think I was an emotional eater either, but a few weeks ago I definitely stress ate. Hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day and I know you can be strong!

Diana--That was definitely such a special moment with the sales lady. I believe God brings people into our lives too. I know He's given me you guys to help me through this journey.

Andejean--Ah, but think of all the calories burned!

Lindsey--Whaaaaat? That's not kinda slow, that's awesome!! When I did 3 miles last night, it took me 55 minutes! Of course, half of that I was walking with a 4.0 incline, but 55 minutes is slow. How's your hip doing? How's your furbaby? Feeling any better?

LadyLai--Today is another crazy day, actually. School has been canceled (again) and my hubby is working from home. Trying to keep four kids quiet while daddy is working in a small house...yikes! I'm sending the three older ones outside for a while and the baby and I can have Blues Clues and snuggle time. As for the skiing, I used to ski every week as a child. I LOVED it! It's one of the things I can't wait to do again.

ratheart--Today is a new day!

Stacy--I don't think fat makes you fat either. Too many calories in and not enough out makes us fat. Though, too much fat in your diet will be bad for your heart.

Roxanne--Wow, sounds like you had a very busy day!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #861  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Vixsen!! That's awesome!! You so deserve that woosh after all the hard work you've done!!

Ok, I have a question for y'all. This morning, the scale read 211 up two pounds from yesterday. The 23rd will mark a month that I've been on this plateau. I've been staying in my calorie range and exercising something fierce, so I know it's not because I'm gaining fat. In fact, my legs are so sore from all the running that I look like a little old lady hobbling around while saying "Owowowow" But, to say it's not wearing on me emotionally would be a lie.

So, I've been reevaluating and I've come up with two ideas:

A) I keep on what I'm doing. Eat around 1500 calories a day and keep running (I burn around 600/700 calories depending on the incline)

B) Cut my calories to 1200 and stop exercising (except maybe a daily walk) until I reach a lower weight and then I can start getting fierce with my exercising again

I'm pretty sure if I do plan B I will see a loss. However, I think if I stick with plan A, I will lose eventually and I'm building muscle. So, build muscle now and be ok with very slow losses? Or lose faster and then work on building muscle and endurance? Thoughts? Or maybe there's a Plan C?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #862  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Diana - That's great you found clothes! I used to hate shopping, I would always wear the baggy stuff too..I guess to hide bulges like you said? I needed to mask my tummy! That moment is the sales lady was neat!!! Yay for 0.2 down!

Krampus - I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I think with TOM our hormones get crazy and it's hard to control yourself at times. I notice with TOM approaching I eat faster, like I'm not even enjoying my meal, I'm just scarfing it down, so I have to get myself to chill.

Gaining - Yay for the pound down! I say change your ticker for sure!!!

Vixsin - Woo hoo for woooooshes! We have a snow day here too...people in TN cannot drive in snow. Seriously. It took my hubby almost an hour and a half to go about 18 miles last night...people freak here! Hubby was like get outta my way, I got 4 wheel drive, our many years living in MI we learned how to drive in snow/ice. Have a good day off with DS!!!!

Shells - I looked up the difference of running vs jogging last night. I guess that was technically a jog last night. To run, you have to run a 9 minute mile...yeahhh, there are rules to running/jogging, who woulda thunk? I guess that's why I thought it was "slow." You did sweet, AND with a 4.0 incline! Damn! I didn't do an incline! I guess we have to give ourselves credit that we finished...the old me would have quit after the first 1/2 mile! My hip feels better!! Much better! Furbaby is great, back to normal it appears! Woooo!!

Ratheart -
Old 01-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #863  

Shells - I'm feeling like an old lady this morning too..."owowowow." Excuse me while I waddle around at 0.2 mph! Hey, for a month on a plateau, you're kicking @$$!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY, how many people would have given up and gotten so frustrated? A lot. But, NOT YOU!!!!!! You're kick @$$ and takin' names with your workouts!!! Keep it up and you know darn well that scale will get it's act together and show you some nice numbers soon! Just think of all the fat your blasting off and how healthy you're getting. Forget ol' Mr. Scale. He's annoying anyway! A month ago, could you jog THREE miles? You're doing awesome my dear, and don't you forget it!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #864  
Diana

I agree with Lindsey, Shells.....you'll eventually move downward again. BUT, if it's bothering you and dragging you down, maybe just for a little bit you should do your plan b....maybe it'll get you out of your plateau to change things up a little....and then go back to what you're doing now. That's what I would try if it were me. In fact, I've already got my strategy planned out for when I reach my plateaus.....I'm gonna shake things up a little and see if it works.

Good luck! I know that, whatever you decide, it will eventually work out for you!!

Lindsey, if "the Monster" says the same thing tomorrow as it said today, I'm changin' that ticker BABY!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #865  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post

So, I've been reevaluating and I've come up with two ideas:

A) I keep on what I'm doing. Eat around 1500 calories a day and keep running (I burn around 600/700 calories depending on the incline)

B) Cut my calories to 1200 and stop exercising (except maybe a daily walk) until I reach a lower weight and then I can start getting fierce with my exercising again

I'm pretty sure if I do plan B I will see a loss. However, I think if I stick with plan A, I will lose eventually and I'm building muscle. So, build muscle now and be ok with very slow losses? Or lose faster and then work on building muscle and endurance? Thoughts? Or maybe there's a Plan C?
IMO, I would say A. It's frustrating seeing small losses, but you're building muscle and endurance! The losses WILL come. I really don't enjoy exercising, but I know how important it is and all the benefits of it. With B you might see losses, but you might get into a situation where your body now thinks it's starving and then you will plateau. Plan C might be to calorie cycle. Here's an example, you would be averaging 1458 per day...

Monday 1500
Tuesday 1300
Wednesday 1700
Thursday 1300
Friday 1500
Saturday 1300
Sunday 1600

Just a thought, and still run...maybe 3 times per week?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #866  

Gaining - Ha, you have more patience than I! As soon as the scale says a lower number I RUN to the computer to change it! And usually do a happy dance like this dude, with the shades and all. >>
Old 01-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #867  

I think I might have shared these links before...

I think you're doing everything right, I think your body is just being stubborn! Plateaus can last a week to a couple months, you're doing the right stuff girl!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ing-ideas.html

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/wei...lateau/MY01152

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/1...t-loss-plateau
Old 01-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #868  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Diana(LA) I hope things get better. In the mean time on the pound!

Shells Hmm, good question. I would keep the calories the same. How long does it take you to do the 3 miles? I was thinking maybe do the 3 miles as intense as you can do it and then the next day do a longer, less intense cardio walk. Meaning, if it takes you 30-45 minutes to do the 3 miles, the next day try for longer cardio. Does that make sense? Sometimes I have a hard time explaining things.

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-21-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #869  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, with -30 F windchills today, and my gym buddy getting over the flu, we've decided to skip the gym today. Besides, hanging 28 sheets of 4x8 drywall overhead should be plenty of a work out... right? LOL. Maybe tonight I will do a lower body video, if I can still move, LOL.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #870  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Lauren What I want to know is why do you get a cup cake and I don't? No I don't have a cup cake on my screen.
HaHaHa! I really don't want that cupcake to be there anymore!!! It's too delicious looking

Last edited by L R K; 01-21-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Closed Thread