Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #871  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Good morning ladies! TGIF! Well I don't feel so gloomy today.. perhaps it has something to do with the one pound loss I woke up to.. finally! I'm changing my ticker chickies!

Lindsey, you are on fire with the running girl! So proud of you!

Ande, renovating and remodeling is a workout routine in itself. Take it easy lifting that drywall, it's soOOo heavy!

Diana, what a great story. It's so encouraging. What a great day you had yesterday! :hugs:

Krampus, it sucks to lose control.. but like Diana said.. it's a cycle. Just remain as positive as you can and try to feed off of that feeling of disappointment to remind yourself the next time you feel weak.

Diana(LA), well even if you're not going to acknowledge it on your ticker I'm going to congradulate you on the 1 pound!! Congratulations girlie!!

Vixsin, congrats on the 1.4!! Keep it up girl!

Shells, oh how I remember those Blues Clues days.. enjoy! They say the best way to bust a plateau is to change things up. Why not try a little of what Lindsey suggested and stagger your calories and a little what Diana suggested.. stagger your exercise routine. That will for sure keep your body guessing.

Have a great ladies!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #872  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

stacy - Just me the cupcake then but I wasn;t searching for cupcakes... it just magically appeared .... OMG! The computer knows what I am thinking about!!! eeeeek, creepy Anyways.. I don't usually enter my food into fitday but when I do it's amazing to see what you are actually consuming. I don't find it too helpful but I know some people swear by it.

LittleL - Thanks for the link, I am going to check it out! Great job getting in that 3 mile run

roxanne - Haha that's cute, 27 cals over is hardly a splurge. Great job staying in control and only having one

ratheart - Hi and Welcome to the thread!!

Hi Eury Great job getting in that 1mile run!

Shells - Mmmm fresh cherries, they sound really good right now Hmmm I don't think dropping to 1200 cals is a bad idea, your plan sounds very thought and I think it will work for you.

LadyL - Your day looks awesome, keep it up!

Diana - It's Friday!!!!!!!!!! Any plans for the weekend?? I hope you have a good one!

Ande - Yay for the new clothes

Krampus - Oh dear, you must be having a tough week I hope your cravings will pass for you soon.

Diana (LA) - great job on that 1lb loss, you deserve it!

Hi Vixsin Wowwwwwwwwwww! Another whoosh! Awesome job!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #873  
CanadianVeggie

Hi Girls!!!! TGIF!!!!!

Here is my plan for the day Fri 1/21/2010

B - 1 cup almond milk w/ a little organic cocoa powder and agave syrup + 1 small banana + 1 slice whole wheat bread w/ natural PB

L - Hmmm not sure yet, probably a veggie sandwich

S - 1 small apple + 1 cup raw broccoli w/ hummus

D - Again not sure, going out

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day and weekend!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #874  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Thanks girls!! I knew I could count on y'all to help.

I think I'll do the calorie cycling, mix up the running (I really don't want to lose muscle just for a number on a scale) and if nothing is still happening, then drop 100/200 calories. Also, for the protein deal, I think I'm going to keep seafood in my diet, but still avoid meat. So, I guess that technically makes me a Pescetarian?

So, today's info will be...

Exercise: Didn't get any in, gonna take a break from running (owowowowow)

Breakfast: Lindsey Breakfast , coffee
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Garlic shrimp w/ asparagus and zuccini, 12 cheez-its
Dinner: Tacos w/ "smart ground", lettuce, soy cheese, tomatoes, salsa
Dessert: popcorn and a cup of tea

Calories: 1,508

Thanks again, everyone. It can't tell you just how much y'all have helped. Your support is overwhelming and it helps me know that if I keep on keeping on and faking it until I make it, that it'll happen.

Last edited by shellsbrood; 01-21-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #875  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone! Happy Friday!

The scale for me today still said 192.6. I've been on plan this entire week and working out. Hopefully this weekend won't cause problems like last weekend did.

I have a question. How do you do it when you go out to dinner? Say for asian or indian or some different cuisine. Do you ask for things without butter or do you plan ahead and look at the menu in advance? I am having such a big fear of going out to eat because I'm afraid to eat something bad that will wreck my diet.

Lindsay Thanks for the link to those low cal recipes. I already have some planned out.

Lady Yea, I have been really tracking my heart rate while working out because I have been reading about how working out too intensely can have an adverse effect.

Diana Congrats on the MEDIUM!!!

Shells From everything I've read about plateaus (and I've been reading up on them in anticipation of hitting one at some point) it seems you should definitely shake up your calories and exercise. Hope it starts working for you!!

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #876  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Woke up this morning to a migraine, have taken two doses of my migraine meds already and I can only have one more for the whole day. Haven't eaten breakfast. I want to eat and I don't want to eat at the same time.

I ended up eating just a bit more last night before bed. I was reading a book and they were talking about all kinds of foods and it made me want to eat. I ate and then realized what a trigger that is for me. Seriously going to have to work on that one!

Roxanne
Old 01-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #877  
CanadianVeggie

novel - I think going out to eat is all about watching portion sizes. Most restaurants give you way to many servings, too much for 1 person to consume.

What I do if I go out to an Asian resturant is order a couple of dishes have a small bowl of each then pack the rest up for leftovers. If you're one of those people ( like me ) who will anything and everything that is served to them even if you are full, ask for the takeout containers at the beginning of the meal and pack it up after you have taken your share.

It can be hard at some places but I find the takeout containers work.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #878  
CanadianVeggie

roxanne - I hope you feel better soon, migraines are no fun
Old 01-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #879  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenA View Post
It can be hard at some places but I find the takeout containers work.
This is what works for me too!!

When I'm out at a place where the portion is too big for my plan, right after the food gets there, I ask for the container and I cut everything in half and pack it up. Then I can savor and enjoy every single bite on my plate and then have some for another time too!

I also look for a menu online ahead of time and plan out what I'll eat. I've done that a few times too.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #880  
Working on 'Project Me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by novelista225 View Post
I have a question. How do you do it when you go out to dinner? Say for asian or indian or some different cuisine.
I got suckered into going out on the 29th for Chinese New Years. I say suckered because I feel exactly like you.. what the heck am I going to eat?! I found the following somewhat helpful.. hope you do too!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/80...hinese-buffet/
Old 01-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #881  
Working on 'Project Me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxannestags View Post
Woke up this morning to a migraine
Ughhh.. no fun! Try to stay relaxed in a dark room.. and sleep!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #882  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Guess who forgot to eat for the entire day except for some rice just now?

Yep, that'd be me. I was so busy at work that eating didn't really figure in my day. Forgot to have breakfast because as soon as I walked in one of my minions was hassling me, forgot to have lunch because I was so absorbed in something, got in the car, drove home and thought 'crap! Food!'.

Naughty me. Must do better!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #883  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hello beauties!

Breakfast
-- Skipped, ran out of time in the morning.

Lunch
Small chicken and cheese wrap on a low carb tortilla - No more than 300 calories.

Snack
Made a strawberry and broccoli smoothie...disgusting..took one sip and that was it.

Dinner
Probably a chicken & cheese wrap on a larger sized flour tortilla - 450 calories approx.

Snack
Plain popcorn maybe - 200 calories

I plan on hitting the gym tonight! My TOM is nearly over, gonna weigh myself at the gym. Hopefully it goes back down! If my weight is where it is normally at then I will be sure to measure myself tonight!

Remember lovely ladies, positive attitudes and we can accomplish anything! You are all beautiful! Let's get healthy and stay healthy together!

Gonna try and respond to people later!

Keep on smiling and let your beauty shine!

Last edited by KaylaChristine; 01-21-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #884  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysteria View Post
Guess who forgot to eat for the entire day except for some rice just now?

Yep, that'd be me. I was so busy at work that eating didn't really figure in my day. Forgot to have breakfast because as soon as I walked in one of my minions was hassling me, forgot to have lunch because I was so absorbed in something, got in the car, drove home and thought 'crap! Food!'.

Naughty me. Must do better!

Oh dear... you must eat silly girl!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #885  
CanadianVeggie

Hi Kayla!

Glad to hear TOM has almost left, yay!
Closed Thread