Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #721  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I went shopping today. Just me, myself and I. Eventually, after 3 hours of searching 5 different stores I found a dress. It was in the very last store I was going to look in, on a clearance rack in the very back of the store in the Junior's section. I'm not utterly super-thrilled with it. I have to wear shapewear under it because it is just a little bit too snug on the waist and my belly is all pokin' out, but hey, it's red and it doesn't make me look like a toadstool or the side of a big red barn. Now I have to find shoes that don't kill my feet/ankle.

I ended up eating fairly badly today, but for some reason it's just not making me feel "bad" emotionally like it would usually. I had Chick-filet for lunch and 2 doughnuts for breakfast. I'm still full and it's dinner time, so I think I'm good for the rest of the day.

A plane broke in another city, so my husband isn't going to be able to go with me to the graduation. I'm trying to make arrangements to stay with my family in their hotel room instead of staying by myself with the young'uns in another motel. This entire trip has been riddled with setbacks. *sigh*
Old 01-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #722  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, so if you put a small sliver of almond bark on your tongue (not even enough to swallow, only enough to melt to give you a taste) does that count as calories? Just curious what everyone's opinion is on that.....just because I'm nit-picky like that, I guess.

Doin' pretty well calorie-wise, but not really good choices. And I'm hungry. This day hasn't been as stinky as I had thought it would be.....although my daughter JUST walked in the door with the sin cake from Grandma's (I'll try posting a pic later)....so there's still time for the day to be a total bust. I'm gonna breathe and pray....just breathe and pray. It's JUST a stinkin' cake....I don't want it, I don't need it...it will not have power over me.....it's no good for anything except to make me unhealthy, clog my arteries and put dimples on top of the dimples I ALREADY have on my thighs. The sin cake WILL NOT win! Say it with me, ladies...the sin cake WILL NOT win! (Okay, I'm kinda scarin' myself now! )

I'm goin to cover the cake up now with something that can't be seen through....for my own protection...
Old 01-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #723  
Diana

Okay, I inserted image, but it's not showing up. Suggestions?

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-17-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #724  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Well...running and other exercise might be put off for a while. I have no idea what in the world I did to my hip, but OH MY GOSH I can barely walk! I look like a little old lady wobbling around..it hurts sooo badly....

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #725  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

hmmm... up 1/4 lb today from last monday, but down 1/4 lb from friday... Victory? Sure, why not... still hoping for a whoosh... I almost freaked cuz the gym scale originally said 155.5, which is a whole lb up from friday, then I realized I was still wearing my sweater... I NEVER weigh in my sweater, just sweats, t-shirt and shoes. I felt better to know that .75 lbs of that was the sweater... LOL

Dinner tonight is pan fried tilapia, and broccoli Normandy... I think I'll still be a bit low on calories...
Old 01-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #726  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Oooh! And our neighboring town is opening a food co-op in May! WOO HOO!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #727  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Ande: I'm a daily weigher, and I say VICTORY!! Congrats on the food co-op coming! Yay!

Pint: I'm glad you found a dress and red is my favorite color! I'm sorry to hear about the hubs' plane debachle. Atleast you're gonna look spicy with that red dress and that awesome hair! Hope hubby gets things straightened out very soon!

Linds: I'm sorry to hear about your hip! I'd stop all exercise if it hurts that bad. It sounds like that hip needs rest, rest, and more rest. Hope it gets to feeling better soon!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #728  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I'm getting on here late tonight. No time for personals. I hope you all had a wonderful on plan day today.

Total Approx 1490 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Earth Grains Thin Bun 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
Shared salad 150 calories
8 ounce New York strip 400 calories
2 orders broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
~Turbo Jam Ab Jam (standing section)
~TF Fire 45 EZ
~500 Jump Ropes
Old 01-18-2011, 02:00 AM   #729  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

LittleLindsey--Definitely stop exercising until that clears up! My friend recently busted her hip while finishing up marine boot camp and was walking/running around on it for...oh, three months? Not good. Take it easy and feel better.

Well, today has been lovely in terms of food and exercise. I actually have food options since I went grocery shopping yesterday. I went to the gym and did 30-40 minutes of some pretty intense elliptical-ing and interval running. When I go on the elliptical, I usually set it to "strength," and I noticed that in just a week of frequent work-outs, I'm already getting stronger. Excitiiiing.

Hope you all are having good days
Old 01-18-2011, 06:56 AM   #730  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning! I hope you have a wonderful day!

The TTOM water weight jumped on me this morning. I knew it would happen eventually.

Weigh In: 164.6

Up: .8
Old 01-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #731  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi all -

Today wasn't perfect but I didn't go too over calories. TOM hit me like a freight train. I started to cry for no reason tonight and polished off more chocolate at work. The good news is there's no chocolate left (since it all got eaten). Came home to go for a run but it was one of those awful no-energy half-effort runs where everything felt 10x harder than usual.

Breakfast - 60
-Yogurt (47)
-Coffee with a little milk

Lunch - 580
-PB&J (380)
-Small banana (90)
-8 sugar snap peas (30)
-Piece of cheese (60)
-Coffee with milk

Candy rampage - 400
-10 small pieces of chocolate at about 40 calories each

Snack - 190
2 tbsp peanut butter, 190

Dinner - 410
-Salmon (150)
-One egg (80) with cheese (60) and half an onion (30)
-Small banana (90)

Exercise
-40 minute walk
-30 minute walk/jog/run
-200 crunches
-Planks, bird dogs, squats

Calorie Total - 1640
Old 01-18-2011, 07:19 AM   #732  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Eurydice--Isn't that an awesome feeling? I love feeling strong!

Good Morning, Diana!

Andejean--That's great! I think food co-ops are a wonderful idea. And definitely a victory!

Lindsey! Yikes!! You take it easy for a bit. How are you feeling today?

Diana(LA)
--If it's from your computer, use the paper clip option. If it's already on the internet, use the insert image option. Does that help? Also, the sin cake will NOT win!!!

Rita--They may not be taking into account your low carb, higher protein diet. But, I'm horrible when it comes to carbs and protein. Maybe Diana can weigh in? She's pretty smart.

Pint--Yay for finding a red dress! Do we get to see it?

Yesterday's Info:

Weight: Blah
Exercise: LS 2 fast miles + C25k Week 1 Day 2

Breakfast: Oatmeal, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1 tsp earth balance, coffee
Lunch: LC stir fry
Snack: pretzels, hummus
Dinner: Large salad, 3oz sangria
Snack: Popcorn

Calories: 1,356 (under my carb allowance for the day, but also under on my protein)

I woke up soooo hungry this morning! I decided to try my hubby's Weetabix cereal and ugh...(no offense to those who like it)...I thought it was horrible! It got soggy instantly and I struggled to finish it. Oh well, at least I have my coffee.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:21 AM   #733  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Krampus--Sorry you had a rough day.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #734  
Diana

Well, today is official weigh in day. I may be down a pound and a half. I was hoping for two. But atleast there was no gain. I'm moving ticker when I finish this post....moving it back up because my pound and a half from day before yesterday day that came back yesterday is only back down a lb. (That was confusing....basically I'm down a lb rather than 1 1/2....)

Hope I can do well today so I have a successful weigh in at weight watchers. We don't weigh in til 6 p.m. which gives you ALL day to mess it up.

I wonder if those of us who have had hysterectomies still have PMS/TOM water gain? Anybody have any info about this? I've never looked in to it. I know I still have some mood changes every month....not as bad as pre-hysterectomy, but they are still there for sure.

Well, I have TONS to do today. Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-18-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #735  
Diana

The Sin Cake that my daughter made while at Grandma's house yesterday.....it is literally HAUNTING me!

(YAY Success adding a picture!!! )

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-18-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Closed Thread