Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #706  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Morning All!

I am down .8 today and I'll take it. My legs are still sore. I'm not worried. I am going for my run tonite...35 mins straight. I am going to see how my legs are feeling after about 15 mins or so. I may break it up and do a 20 min run and then walk for a couple mins and then do a 15 min run. It will depend on how my legs feel. I don't want to overdo it. I want to be able to run on Wednesday.

Will try to check back later. Have much to get done at work. Have a wonderful morning everyone!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #707  
At it again

Shells, -6F is inhuman! I don’t know how you get out of bed in that weather. Love your Awards dinners!

Diana, now you have me craving a broccoli omelet. I love broccoli and probably have it every day in one meal or another.

Krampus, yesterday is over and done with, concentrate on making better choices today. I went to school in Albany a loooooong time ago and now live about 90 miles south of there. And I dream of heading south. Any reason that TN and TX appeal to you?

Diana(LA), congrats on coming closer to your goal! I’ll add to the chorus of folks who are curious about your new watch.

One of my main problems is that, although I like to cook, I don’t usually take the time to do it. Even when I’m eating healthy, it’s usually convenient things – yogurt, salads, plain grilled chicken, etc. Reading about the yummy things you’re making has inspired me, so my goal this week is to cook at least 5 dinners. I made a ridiculously easy chicken/tomato/onion/basil dish last night and even froze a couple of extra portions for future meals.

Still holding at 205.7. I am going to amp my exercise up this week to see if that makes a difference. How could it not??
Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #708  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Shopping stunk as usual. The husband was able to find himself some nice pants. The kids found clothes they needed. Me? Nada. Nothing. Zilch. On a good note, all the dresses I tried on were 6-8s in misses, and one in Jr's sizes was a size 9 and it fit pretty well, though the hip area was loose-fitting, so that definitely helped. My hips are still in a size 10-12 misses. I'm not complaining though. Those hips used to be bigger. Though I am kind of upset that my "hourglass" is shrinking into a "pear".

My friend and her kids went with us. We ate at a Chinese buffet. She's trying to lose weight too, so I was happy to help her find some low-cal alternatives there. She was surprised! I advised her to stick with the hibachi. She and I both had great healthy meals.

Then I threw it away on Taco Bell on the way home that night. 5 hours of shopping did me in. >.<

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 01-17-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #709  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Grrrrrrr! My loss that I posted yesterday is BACK today. I had a pretty high sodium supper last night, though. I'm not changing ticker just yet, though....hoping it'll be gone again tomorrow. When I stepped on "the monster" this morning, the batteries acted like they may have been going dead...I hope it's an inaccurate reading? (Wishful thinking, I'm sure. )

My daughter is spending the day with grandma today. They're baking a cake and my mother in law says she's sending it home with her. DOUBLE GRRRRRR! This is shaping up to be a rather disappointing Monday already.

I'm gonna go set up my new watch...will let you guys know how it functions and stuff when I've had a chance to play with it a little.

Have a great Monday, guys! (And a little prayer and good wishes thrown my way would be greatly appreciated today! )

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-17-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #710  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
Checking in quickly before I go to bed!

Well, I made it a protein day. Also, I was so frustrated with today, so I took it on on my exercise and just had to run.

Exercise: LS 1 mile
Ran 1 mile
Leg strengthening and slimming DVD

Breakfast: Greek yogurt, banana, coffee
Snack: 8 cashews
Lunch: LC Fish
Snack: Baby carrots
Golden Globes Dinner night (I make fancy meals on awards nights ): white wine and Dijon mustard marinated chicken, braised kale and portobello mushrooms, sesame and soy glazed green beans, whole wheat pear tart, glass of sangria

Calories: 1,612 (and 98 grams of protein! So, budge, scale, budge!!)
Dang girl, nice workout! And 98g of protein!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #711  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Diana - I'll have to move back for a bit to get situated but I'm thinking I'll flee the cold and move South, maybe TN or TX.
TN is awesome!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #712  

Diana – Hope you sleep better tonight! That is the worst when you don't sleep well..

Shells – It was awesome! So worth the extra calories! I suspect that plateau of yours will be skidaddling soon...I gave it extra evil eyes!

Gaining – You’ll kick butt today, no worries, ok?!

RMC – I’m in love with cooking light’s website…they have a lot of lower-calorie meals and I’ve had a lot of luck with them turning out well! Be sure to check it out!

Pint – Sorry to hear your shopping experience didn’t go so hot. I still don’t really like to shop either! I’m not sure how/if you can change your shape going from an hourglass to pear with certain workouts or something…I have no clue how that works. I was hoping to get rid of some of my chest (often have back pain because of it) but I am STILL the same size I was in bras I was at 175! Ugh…
Old 01-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #713  

Happy Monday girls! Hope you all have a great, OP day!

Hanging around the same weight today...no running since it's going to rain today. Here's my plan for today...

B- FO cereal w/ milk and banana 320
S- applesauce 80, mini nilla wafers 140 (220)
L- PB & J on whole wheat 250, grapes 70 (320)
D- homemade calzone with turkey pepperoni & mozzarella 400
64 oz water, multivitamin, 23g fiber

Last edited by LindseyLou; 01-17-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #714  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
When I stepped on "the monster" this morning...
I often think of it that way too!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #715  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

It's Monday again! Hope you all had a great weekend! So ontop of the cold snap.. we had/having the largeset snow fall I've seen in years. Heard on the radio that it was a record breaker.. last time was 1947! Driving was a horrible experience this morning.

Krampus, my family and I visited Japan about 5 years ago. We loved it there and looking forward to another visit soon. My husband is from Hong Kong, so I completely know what you mean about missing double paned windows, central heating, and insulated buildings! I couldn't beleive it when we visited there a couple of Christmases ago. I was so used to the sweltering heat in the summertime, I couldn't imagine that it could get chilly at all!

Diana, you hit the ball out of the park!! Congratulations! You'll be to your new goal in no time! Too bad about your allergies.. seafood is so GOOd! There's that and the fact it's full of omega 3 fatty acids. Perhaps some fish you'll still get to enjoy.

Vixsin, love your outlook! I'm sure those 2lbs. will be vanished in no time!

Lindsey, oh my gosh that cake sounds delish!

Diana(LA), I hope your new watch works well for you! Cut that cake up in huge portions for your family and it'll be gone in no time! You can do this girl!

Shells, OMGosh.. I'm coming to your house next awards night!

Eurydice, 3 hours to get groceries?! Wow, no wonder you procrastinate.. I hate grocery shopping at best, but faced with that.. I don't know where I'd be. You need some cheers for getting that accomplished.

Rita, LOL! I figured out that -6F is -21C here (in Canada). We're at -24 (-11.2F) with -33 (27.4F) windchill today and that is considerably warmer than the last few days. I guess you won't be visiting anytime soon?!

Pint, having a comrade close by is so nice! Glad you were able to help her out. Put the rest of the day behind you and start the day anew!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #716  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone

Another cold and snowy day here in Toronto - yay ...

Here is my plan for the day Mon 1/17/2011

B - 1 slice whole wheat bread w/ natural peanut butter + 1 banana + 1 choc.soy pudding

S - 1.5oz dry-roasted almonds

L - Homemade vegan shepherds pie + 1 cup mixed veggies

S - 1 small apple

D - Homemade vegan lasagna w/ side garden salad

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day
Old 01-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #717  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenA View Post
Hi Everyone

Another cold and snowy day here in Toronto - yay ...
Lauren Hi Is that a good "yay" or a bad "yay"? Our winter here has been colder than normal. It is not like your cold by any stretch of the imagination. I am already tired of it and want it to warm up.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #718  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the welcome Diana and shells .

Diana - love your new profile pic! You look great!!

Shells - India was amazing. It really is my third home (after Germany and the US) and I'm SOOOO tempted to move there. I love the craziness and chaos...and the food of course . Saw the Taj Mahal, meditated at Gandhi's Ashram, did some crazy Indian dancing, had tea at a slum dweller's house, etc. etc. So many amazing memories!

Anyway, back to reality it is...and I brought a nice cold to it . I felt awful at work today, my sinuses are clogged up. Oh well, powering through.

Here's my food account today:
B - 2 slices of crisp bread with cream cheese and jam, coffee with milk
S - sipped a latte throughout the day
L - Yogurt with banana, 4 tbsp of oats; small bread roll
D - Some WW concoction with potatos, chickpeas and cauliflower; orange for dessert and a small bite of chocolate

Weigh-in today at 249.6. This means I gained around 2-3 lbs on vacation - not too bad at all. I was worried it would be much worse . Hopefully I feel well enough to go to the gym tomorrow.

Last edited by cincimini; 01-17-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:41 PM   #719  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Cin--I'm not surprised. I catch a cold every time I fly overseas. I think it's the extended time in the airplane. I'm glad you had a great time. It sounds awesome!

Hi, Lauren! We're supposed to get dumped on tonight again. Joy.

Tina--I go all out for the Academy Awards in Feb. Come on over. I'm such a sucker for the red carpet fashions, glitz and glamor. Once the awards ceremony actually starts, eh...not so much.

Lindsey--Thank you!! Now it has no excuse but to run for the hills.

Diana(LA)--LOVE the "monster" reference!! Henceforth, my scale will ONLY be known by that name! I know how you feel. Hang in there, Sweetie. Prayers and good thoughts being sent your way!

Pint--Ugh, it's always so much easier to shop for the hubs and kids.

Rita--I love to cook! I love it so much, I'd even go to school for it, but I don't want the pressure of being a chef no way, no how. As for the cold weather, I'm with you! I HATE being cold. Dh and I are planning on moving away from the area eventually, but we don't know where to go, yet. We've considered moving back to England or maybe move closer to my brother (he's in Missouri). Decisions, decisions...

Vixsin
--Congrats on the loss!!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #720  
At it again

OK ladies (we are all ladies on this thread, right?), I need some of your sage advice. I track my calories & exercise on livestrong.com and they suggest 1,232 calories for me, not accounting for calories burned. I can live with that. What I'm having a problem with is the fact that they say that 42g is 136% of my recommended daily protein allowance. Really?????

I know it's a general number and not everyone's requirements are the same. And I'm going to continue eating more protein and fewer carbs. But that seems ridiculously low. Assuming I'm eating healthy proteins, is there such a thing as too much protein?
Closed Thread