Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #676  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Rita Congrats on the .3!

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-16-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #677  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Diana - Woo hoo for losing with TTOM!

Shells' plateau - C'mon, she's working her booty off, cut her some slack you meanie OR ELSE!!

Shells - You are doing AMAZING every day, you know you're sticking to it and you're working out. Our bodies are just stubborn sometimes, once Mr. Plateau leaves you'll be at Onerland in NO TIME!!!!! I know you can do it!!! Look how far you've come, you're doing FABULOUS! Don't EVER forget my dear! I'm so proud of you! Keep on truckin' girl! You show that scale who's boss! And in the meantime I'll be giving my evilest eyes to your plateau!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 01-16-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #678  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Diana - Thank you!

RMC - Congrats on the .3!!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #679  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

I just finished the book "skinny Chicks don't eat salads" and it explained EXACTLY why too many carbs cause weight gain, but she also stated that since carbs are what your brain needs to function, you should simply pair carbs with protein, that slows down the glucose level in your blood keeping blood sugar even, and slowing the storage of fat. Makes perfect sense to me, so I'm going to try to take her advice and eat carbs and proteins together, in good proportions, we'll see. I do know I've always had issues with blood sugar spikes.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #680  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLindseyLouHoo View Post
That is too precious! If it makes you feel any better about calling him SIR Magnum, I call my baby Princess Bri! Spoiled babies!
Ha Ha That's funny. Yes, they are spoiled, for sure!

How is your little one feeling?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #681  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

I have Princess Jezabel Rose Kittensworth, and Ittle Yittle Oreo Cookie Master of the Universe, LOL
Old 01-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #682  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andejean View Post
I have Princess Jezabel Rose Kittensworth, and Ittle Yittle Oreo Cookie Master of the Universe, LOL
That's funny! Do you have cats?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #683  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

three cats, two dogs. kitties are the two previously listed, and snowflake (or flakey, or flakers, or any other number of goofy names) pups are Fly (collie), and Tequila Rose (American Bulldog). And boy are they spoiled!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #684  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Thanks everyone! I have a lot to think about. I may schedule a visit with my doctor and have blood work done. Thyroid issues do run in my family, so it probably won't hurt to make sure everything is a-ok.

Linds--Thank you and on getting to the 140s!! Told ya, you would.

Thanks for all the evil eyes and the encouraging words. It really does help.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #685  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Ok catching up on 4!! pages of personals! Boy what a chatty bunch we are!!

Lindsey: WOOT on the blood pressure!!! That is fantastic! 25 pounds gone forever, that is amazing!! Good job!

Gaining: How old is your daughter? My twins got RSV when they were born and ended up spending a week in the hospital. It was because they were itty bitty things though. Being twins made them more susceptible according to the dr. Good luck on selling the house. Sending lots of vibes!

Pint: I LOVE your hair. It looks fabulous!!

Diana: I love your new avatar pic. You look awesome! Congrats on 165! Fantastic!! Sir Magnum is adorable!

LadyLai: I will have to check out that cookbook! When I start getting obsessed with something then I have some of it but I allot the calories in my daily plan. It is waaay better for me than to be obsessing about a food

Shells: Your son is adorable!!

Eurydice: Congrats on your NSV. I love NSV's they keep us motivated!!

So this weekend has been waaay off plan for me, but I haven't been doing too bad. Had some chips and a piece of cake and haven't been tracking calories but haven't been very horrible either. It has been just a relaxing, do nothing weekend. I have been watching Eureka. The worst indulgence has been 3 pops this weekend. SO brought some home. Funny though, after the 3rd one in two days I didn't want anymore. I wanted water.

Took my beagle to her first obedience class. It was pretty interesting. Our homework has been to walk for at least 45 minutes a day; preferably an hour. Would LOVE to but the weather is not cooperating!

Anyway, doing pretty good otherwise. Haven't been to the gym. Wanted to wait until I didn't have a constant runny nose. Runny nose and water aerobics don't work! lol

Roxanne
Old 01-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #686  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for all the well wishes on selling my house. We have our fingers crossed too!! Will keep ya posted!!

roxannestags my daughter is 5....doctor told me she was treating an infant right now that was actually in the hospital with RSV.....said it was pretty bad. But she said by the time they get to be my daughter's age that it usually doesn't get that bad...and for an adult that gets RSV, it is more like a common cold. Cool that you have twins. Are they envitro twins or natural? I have brothers that are 34 that are natural twins and one of them have twins as a result of envitro. My son, who is 12, was a preemie (a 4 pounder) and he had RSV as a baby....it IS a scary feeling when your very young child has it. I was SOOOOO Scared. Luckily, he didn't get it really bad. My daughter may be a little better today. Thank goodness!

Diana3271, I was sooo very impressed that you thought of one of us here and asked your doctor a question that would help one of us out while you were at your own doctor's appointment! That is soooo sweet!! You strike me as the type of person who is a really good friend that cares a lot about the people you consider a friend. We're lucky to have you here! The world would be a much better place if it were filled with more people like that!

Shells, I agree with everyone here! You will eventually get there....just don't give up first. You've come too far to let the FAT win! I hit my first mini-plateau this week and it's NOOOOO fun.....but FAT ain't winnin' this time! Keep your chin up.....what you're doing is gonna eventually work! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Well, my first mini-plateau is officially over....I woke up 1.5 lbs lighter this morning!!!!! From 228.4 to 226.8!!! I was stuck with NO movement on the stupid scales for several days....not even tenths...and then I had my SWOOSH! Wonder how long before I see another downward movement!

Well, my baby girlie is asking for mozzarella sticks so I'm off to cook (to me, cooking stuff my kids like...and that I like equally as much....is the hardest part of this whole lifestyle change....I wanna eat what they eat! )

Have a GREAT day girlies!!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-16-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #687  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

I just realized that I'm almost HALFWAY to my first goal!! NO WAY! When I reach my first goal, I'll be the lightest I've been in over 10 YEARS!!! TEN STINKIN' YEARS!!!! I may have to celebrate a little!! Although the weight I am now, I've been fairly recently.....probably within the last six months or a year. BUT that's okay....I ain't quittin' this time! I'm GOIN' to onederland this time!!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #688  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone!!!
I'm back from my India trip - I just love it there!!! Now I'm ready to get back on the diet track. As I had predicted, it wasn't really possible to stay on plan while there, but since I skipped breakfast most days and walked a lot, I don't think I did too badly. I haven't stepped on a scale since after Christmas, so... tomorrow morning will probably be a shock .
Still, I'm back to work tomorrow and determined to get back into the groove with healthy eating as well.

Hope you all had a successful few weeks - looking forward to catching up with everything .
Old 01-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #689  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

Oh goodness, ladies. I just got over a horrible stomach flu. Ekch.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my photo. That made me smile.

And, Lindsey, as per your question, it really depends on what is "expensive" to you. Film SLRs are usually cheaper but harder to find and it's a completely different animal than a digital. I use a Nikon now and used to use a Pentax and a Vivitar. The Pentax was incredible and I miss it. I hear Canon Rebels are nice starter DSLRs, though. I could help you figure out which would be best for what you'd like to do anytime. I like to be helpful.

So I lost 4 pounds from throwing up for 3 days. Then I gained back two of those when I started eating again. I'm trying to get back to a normal calorie intake because...bleh...nothing sounds good. I worked out today though, and for that I am proud.

Hope you all are doing well!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #690  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies! Just poking my head in.. had company come (my parents and grandmother) so not a lot of free time to be on the computer. Been doing well over the weekend and behaving myself. I even avoided all temptation at my friends daughters birthday party. Grilled myself some salmon and veggies before I left.

Congrats to everyone with their scale victories!! Way to go ladies! Doing it one day, one step, one pound at a time! Woo Hoo!!
Closed Thread