Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #736  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning All!

Just checking in after the long weekend! There are 7 pages of posts since I was last on here. YIKES!

I'll try to catch up later.

I had my cheat day on Saturday and 3 beers Friday night. Well...let me tell you, after drinking on Friday night I woke up the next morning feeling like CRAP! Stuffy nose, sore throat and before this I had been feeling great. Then I had dim sum for lunch and some greasy Mexican food for dinner Saturday and I felt over full, bloated and just gross. Over the last 3 weeks I had been feeling wonderful. It just goes to show what healthy food does to our body vs. the bad stuff.

And the SCALE!!! Well, by the end of the weekend I was up about 3-4 pounds but then I ate very well on Sunday and Monday and worked out both days despite my stuffy nose and was down 2 pounds this morning so hoping for another 3 pounds by Thursday just to be back on track with another 2 pound loss this week.

Now, I'm officially afraid to let the bad stuff pass my lips...which in my mind is a good thing!!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #737  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!!

I am down a pound this morning. It's nice to see my body let go of some water. Had a great workout last night. I did my 35 mins. I broke it up into 2 sections. I'm glad that I did too. My muscles are fatigued today but not as bad as yesterday so that is nice.

It is snowing and sleeting here today. Awesome! NOT!!! Hope everyone has a great day!

Gaining: No WONDER that thing's called The Sin Cake!! WOW!!!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #738  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

DianaLA - Holy cow!!!!!!!!! That is def. a sin cake.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #739  
CanadianVeggie

Hi ladies

It's going to be a busy week for me so dropping in quickly to say howdy each day.

Here is my plan for the day Tues 1/18/2010

B - Tofu Breakfast Scramble + 2 slices whole wheat bread w/ Earth Balance + 1 small banana

S - 1.5oz dry-roasted cashews

L - Red raddish tabbolueh w/ hummus and hot sauce + 1 cup mixed veggies

S - 1 small apple

D - Not sure yet, I have some errands to run after to work and won't be home until after 9 so i'll probably eat out.

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day
Old 01-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #740  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Ande – I agree with Vixsin, I say Victory!!!

Vixsin – Thanks girl! Great workout you got in there! Yay for the pound down!

Eury – Oh no! That sounds so painful! I was worried about maybe having a stress fracture or something. I’m going to rest it a few days and see what happens, might have to head to the docs.

Krampus – I think you did well with your “chocolate rampage.” (I like the ame by the way!) I could have EASILY done way more damage. Plus you got that work out in

Shells – Thanks, I’m going to. I feel a little better today. I used the heating pad and hubby rubbed my hip last night. I do feel a little better. Doesn’t really hurt when resting, just if I stand up/sit down, walk, move it really. Nice workout by the way!!!

Gaining – Good luck at your weigh in!! O…M…G…that cake looks sinful!

Novelista – I agree with the health vs. greasy bad stuff. I notice if we eat out or something I usually feel like crap afterward. On NYE we ordered a pizza and I had a couple slices, did my stomach ever hurt after that! It tasted amazing, but wasn’t worth the gut ache OR the movement on the scale in the wrong direction.

Diana - Hi there!

Lauren - Hi there!
Morning y'all! My hip is feeling a little better today, but I'm definitely going to rest it. If it doesn't get better with rest after a few days I think I'll be heading to the docs! Up to 150.4 today...TTOM should be arriving ANY time. Not looking forward to it...when do I ever though? Anyways, hope everyone has a great, OP day! Today it's homework, homework and resting!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #741  

Oh, just an interesting thing I wanted to share...

My husband was reading about weight loss yesterday and they were talking about people who record or blog what they eat and their weight loss journey, lost TWICE as much weight than someone who did not. Just found that interesting.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #742  

Here's my plan for this lovely Tuesday...

B- FO cereal w/ milk and banana 320
L- Turkey sandwich on whole wheat 250, applesauce 80 (330)
S- HF bar 150
D- homemade chicken gyro w/cucumber, lettuce, tomato and onion 450
64 oz water, multivitamin, 32g fiber
Old 01-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #743  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

I can't believe myself.... I am really struggling with jumping back into 3FC. Every day I start optimistic and end the day with snacking ERRRRRR!!! funeral for gramma and family CHAOS last week. Yea, that's my excuse. Lame. I'm sad and self sabotaging. Trying to be forgiving and compassionate with myself... Thanks for the warm welcomes. I need whipped! Love to you all.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #744  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil View Post
I can't believe myself.... I am really struggling with jumping back into 3FC. Every day I start optimistic and end the day with snacking ERRRRRR!!! funeral for gramma and family CHAOS last week. Yea, that's my excuse. Lame. I'm sad and self sabotaging. Trying to be forgiving and compassionate with myself... Thanks for the warm welcomes. I need whipped! Love to you all.
I can totally relate. I need whipped, too. Life has been crazy, stressful, busy for the last couple of months and I have done terrible. I am ready to be back to my old self (my old, new 3FC self). I put my GWF armband back on yesterday evening after having not worn it for several weeks. I also logged my calories into my online journal. I am up over ten pounds since the end of October - which is totally unacceptable and ridiculous (I finally changed my ticker and deleted some of my dancers ). I have been on the hunt for an affordable, good used treadmill since I had to give up my gym membership and working out to videos or the Wii is not doable right now. This past weekend, I was going to work on clearing a space to exercise in the basement but my grandson was scheduled for surgery yesterday (all went well) so this past week and weekend have been a little more crazy than usual. Hopefully by the weekend I can have an exercise space worked out for myself again.

Last edited by MamaP; 01-18-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #745  
CanadianVeggie

LittleL - Hi, that is interesting and I can def. see why blogging or writing about your weight loss helps.

Veil - It sounds like you could really use a hug And a funeral for a loved one is not a lame excuse to be a little off plan. I think you have other things to worry about then making sure you are eating completely on plan. Hang in there.

Kris - I think you could also use a hug You know things happen that get in the way of our best intentions but the best test of strength and commitment is your willingness to get right back to it. I can see that from you and I know you can do it.

Last edited by L R K; 01-18-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #746  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Gaining: My twins are natural. They were quite a surprise. I didn't find out until I was 5 months pregnant that they were twins. Glad your daughter is doing better. I remember when the twins had it, it was a helpless feeling. One of the twins actually stopped breathing with it. Congrats on the weight loss! Aren't those wooshes nice? And wow...I am not sure I coudl resist that cake! Just looking at it makes me want some!!

Cinci: Welcome back!!

Wednesday: Are you feeling better?

Shells: Your fancy dinner sounds wonderful!! We have been having a blast watching Eureka. The kids love it as well. I am alsmost done with season 3.5

Eurydice: Good job on stopping yoruself from binging!!

Krampus: Even if you lost the battle against the candy you still kept it under calorie limit. That is the important part.

Diana: Even in the middle of winter I have to sleep with a fan on so I don't wake up hot. During summer I go to bed with a damp sheet on

Vixsin: Congrats on the loss!

Rita: Have you ever thought about doing cooking for a month at a time? You take and set aside one day and do all your cooking then, freeze everything and then just heat it up. I have toyed with doing stuff like that off and on but lately I have been toying with just cooking things in the crockpot instead

Lindsey: Thanks for the info about cooking lights website. Never went there but have been looking for a good site with healthy meal ideas. I have to make up this weeks menu so will be going there today

Veil: hope things get better

Kris: Even though things have been hard for you I am proud of the fact that you are still making an effort and trying. Sometimes that is the hardest thing to do

Lauren: When is your wedding?

Well got back into the gym today. I didn't do a complete workout. I was just feeling drained and uninspired. I will walk the dogs later to make up for it. Scale showed a 1 lb gain but I think honestly that its from not sleeping well last night.

I have NO clue what I am going to be eating today. I have to make up this weeks menu and do some grocery shopping.

Roxanne
Old 01-18-2011, 01:14 PM   #747  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil View Post
So sorry to hear about your Gramma! It's easy to get "off track" when life gets chaotic and stressful. Just stick with it the best you can. We're here for you!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #748  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenA View Post
LittleL - Hi, that is interesting and I can def. see why blogging or writing about your weight loss helps.
Yes! I would think just writing it down, because it's easy to forget that bite of whatever you ate or the extra serving of that you ate. Also accountability plays a huge role!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #749  

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxannestags View Post

Lindsey: Thanks for the info about cooking lights website. Never went there but have been looking for a good site with healthy meal ideas. I have to make up this weeks menu so will be going there today

Well got back into the gym today. I didn't do a complete workout. I was just feeling drained and uninspired. I will walk the dogs later to make up for it. Scale showed a 1 lb gain but I think honestly that its from not sleeping well last night.

I have NO clue what I am going to be eating today. I have to make up this weeks menu and do some grocery shopping.

Roxanne
It's a great site! I hope you enjoy it! It looks like nearly all the recipes have nutritional info, which is awesome! Hope you find some yummies for your menu! I do the same thing and make a menu for the week!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #750  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Been MIA for a while..

Today..
Breakfast: Special K & Skim Milk -- approx. 400 calories.

Lunch: Chicken and Cheese Wrap with low carb tortilla - ??? calories

Snack: Strawberry & Blueberry Smoothie with oatmeal.

Dinner:
Not sure yet. Probably cereal
Closed Thread