Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #826  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
Well guys, I splurged last night...we went out for supper (after the day I had, I was SOOOOO not cooking!) My food choices were pretty good, my portions were NOT. I ate a grilled catfish fillet (large one--they gave me two, gave the other to hubby), baked potato (butter on side...I used less than half of what they gave me), salad with ranch dressing (full fat, I'm sure!), beans and a couple of hushpuppies. Can you say SODIUM? I'm not braving the scales for a couple of days because that'll just add to my stress. lol Day before yesterday I was below my calories and I plan to be VERY good today, too. I'm hoping it doesn't sabotage my weigh in next Tuesday. It shouldn't if it's a one time event. (Fingers crossed! lol) I told hubby last night on the way to the restaurant that if this effects my loss at next meeting, we WON"T be splurging ANYMORE. Period. He agreed, thank goodness!
Honestly, I think you did VERY well! When I go out and feel that I might have went "overboard" (which I don't think you did) I always think what would the old Lindsey have done? Then I think, ate twice that. So then I feel better! You got grilled catfish, not fried, and gave a portion to your hubby. You got a baked potato with butter on the side and a salad. Ok, beans and a couple hushpuppies. I don't think that's a "fail." You'll be fine at your weigh in my dear! No stressing, you hear?
Old 01-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #827  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLindseyLouHoo View Post
Ain't that the truth! I bet my husband would REALLY appreciate that!
HaHaHa!

Mine too
Old 01-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #828  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Something funny just happened to me and I wanted to share. A sales person that I see about once a month just came in to give us their newest catalog. Normally when he comes in, I am sitting behind my desk. This time I was sitting at the computer table, (where I am sitting in my avatar). Anyways, he looks at me, his jaw drops and he says 'How did you lose all that weight? Did you go on a diet?' Mind you, I just saw him less than a month ago.

You still can't really see all the weight loss with me seated. If I had stood, he probably would have needed me to call 911 to have him revived.

Yes buddy, I did lose 127 pounds in a month. No one in my "real" life knows how much weight I have lost, so of course I didn't share this info with him.

I then told him that I have lost my weight in the course of 3 years, it wasn't just a recent thing. His jaw was still on the floor. He was totally dumbfounded, confused, and literally could not carry on a conversation. Cat got your tongue?

It was just so funny to see his reaction.

HaHaHaHa! Diana that is so awesome, thanks for sharing
Old 01-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #829  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLai View Post
Ughhh.. TOM is definitely around the corner some where for me. My mood isn't the greatest.. feels like I want to cry, go to bed and forget the world. The scales will have been stalled on the same digits a week tomorrow.. another hint TOM is around the corner. Anyone see that commercial for tampons (I think) where this woman shows up out of no where in the most unconvenient times to give you your monthly gift?? Wouldn't you like to just slap the happy off her face?! LOL
Ohhh I hate that lady!!!!!!!!!! I would totally slap her!!!

Quote:
Lauren, I saw on the news this morning you're in for some snow. Keep warm! We got 35cm last weekend! I can't remember the last time we had this much snow. We're warmed up a tonne to where we have been.. and now expecting rain! The weather is crazy this year!
Yes ma'am ... it has been crazy weather, on Tuesday the high was 2 the very next day it was -16!!!

I am not looking forward to anymore snow!!!! Frankly, I have had enough.

Last edited by L R K; 01-20-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #830  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
How do you post a picture?

Click "Go Advanced"

And then if you scroll down see and select "Manage Attachments." From there you can post a picture.

Last edited by L R K; 01-20-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #831  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Ok, continuing with the "comments" about my weight loss. There must be something "glowing" around me today to make people notice me.

A sales man came into my office (that knows me, but hasn't seen me in a few months) He says: Come from around that desk! What have you done? You look great.

A friend of ours that saw me last month: How much skinnier are you going to get? You are smaller than you were in high school.

My comment to you guys here: I'm not skinny. When did 165 get skinny? Why does it sound bad when someone calls you skinny? When I was heavier I would have loved to be called skinny.

What's up with all of the people today? I think I need to lock my office door. Leave me alone! I just want to be normal, whatever that is.

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-20-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #832  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLindseyLouHoo View Post
Oh my gosh...I'm not sure if any of you ladies go to other threads and post. I'm SUPER surprised some of the rude and out right mean responses people post. I'm having a little "battle" with this lady posting rude comments towards someone that has a question. I thought 3FC was a place where we all could share, ask questions, vent and whatnot with each other...
OMG!!!!! LittleL I saw that post and I was going to write a response but someone closed it.

Some people are really rude!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #833  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Here is my furbaby.. Little Miss Bella!
Soooooo cute!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #834  
CanadianVeggie

Diana(LA) - Don't worry about that one splurge meal, just get right back to it and you'll be fine, lot's and lot's of water today will help! And just like LittleL said look at what you used to do and I bet you'll see that it wasn't as bad as you think it was. Hang in there!

Last edited by L R K; 01-20-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #835  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Ok, continuing with the "comments" about my weight loss. There must be something "glowing" around me today to make people notice me.

A sales man came into my office (that knows me, but hasn't seen me in a few months) He says: Come from around that desk! What have you done? You look great.

A friend of ours that saw me last month: How much skinnier are you going to get? You are smaller than you were in high school.

My comment to you guys here: I'm not skinny. When did 165 get skinny? Why does it sound bad when someone calls you skinny? When I was heavier I would have loved to be called skinny.

What's up with all of the people today? I think I need to lock my office door. Leave me alone! I just want to be normal, whatever that is.
Oh Diana, Diana, Diana. People can be weird sometimes eh?

But honestly you do look great and you should be proud of what you have achieved!

You earned every one of those comments!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #836  
CanadianVeggie

Anyone else seeing that huge cupcake on the right over there on the new posts page ------->

Stupid delicious looking cupcake, why the heck is it there?!?! Are they trying to make us fail?!?!?
Old 01-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #837  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenA View Post
Anyone else seeing that huge cupcake on the right over there on the new posts page ------->

Stupid delicious looking cupcake, why the heck is it there?!?! Are they trying to make us fail?!?!?

Lauren What I want to know is why do you get a cup cake and I don't? No I don't have a cup cake on my screen.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #838  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenA View Post
OMG!!!!! LittleL I saw that post and I was going to write a response but someone closed it.

Some people are really rude!
I know! I couldn't believe it!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 01-20-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #839  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Little Lindsey: TY for the congrats. I really means so much to me!

Diana3271: It is such a wonderful feeling to be under 200. I can’t remember being under 200! Probably about 10 years ago! I love your stories about everyone noticing! You know you love that!

Vixsin: So sorry about the leak! That would be overwhelming for me. How do you clean that up? How’d the knees do for your run?

Joan: Glad to have you check in here. We share what we are eating and get support from one another when we need it both with exercise, eating and all else that comes up!

Roxanne: Thank you for your support and kind worsds. You are awesome! I hate when I catch myself eating and I know I am not hungry. It really irritates me. It happens around 9:30PM. I need to just go to bed!

LaurenA: Thank you for the shout out! I am so pleased I finally got there! And by the way… I don’t have a cupcake either. I have ads for exercise equipment… I think you have been searching for cupcakes online… better online then in your pantry!

Novelista: Thank you for the YAH! It motivates me even more!!! I am sorry you didn’t get the 2 pounds for this week. Perhaps you can make it up!

Kayla: Thanks You!

LadyLai: TY so much for the congrats!

Gaining Diana: Those splurges can end up with positive effects in 4-5 days. It is good to keep your body guessing!

I had a good workout this morning. 12 min warm up on elliptical and then 30 minute full body circuit with my trainer. Then back on the elliptical. I stayed on for 50 minutes and burned 500 calories. But my trainer said to keep the strides per minute at 140-145 and I couldn't do that after all the weights. I was more around 130.

I also bought a food scale today at Bed Bath and Beyone. It is the Taylor brand that is labeled for the biggest loser. I am going to try to track my calories with a bit more accuracy.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #840  

Hey y'all! I just wanted to share this section of Cooking Light's website "Calorie Count" recipes under 300 calories, snacks under 100, etc...

http://www.myrecipes.com/healthy-diet/calorie-counts/
Closed Thread