Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-13-2008, 06:42 AM   #271  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

hey everyone!! got some awesome losses over here huh!!

well im down to 206.6 today so finally back to my low weight... and five pounds gone... atkins has gone and calorie counting is here to stay!

had physio today and she worked on some new floor exercises for me... she thinks my back problems may be linked to a weakness in my left side hip and butt... so ive been told to work my glutes!

PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:00 AM   #272  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I have had some good workouts, but two days of bad eating. I am getting back to the plan today. I didn't get on the scale, but I am probably back up to where I started with this 5 lb challenge. I guess you guys will have to put up with me for a little longer.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:18 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

good job paula on the weight loss

hang in there ward hog....you prob enjoyed the food after the run...btw...where in atlanta do you live

as for me...this morning is my "official weight day" and i was down 1.5 lbs from the start of this thread...maybe i've finally broken the 165 mark....we'll see...now if i could just keep it off.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:20 AM   #274  
Stepping Up

i bet that was your horse ride the other day!! keep going hun xx
Old 05-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #275  

you're prob right paula...anyone who doesn't think riding is exercise hasn't truely riden horses LOL
Old 05-13-2008, 08:24 AM   #276  
Stepping Up

i used to ride when i was younger... i would love to do it again.. maybe one day i will treat myself to a few lessons again...

im definately gonna ride a camel when i get to egypt
Old 05-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #277  

paula-its neat to ride a camel. I did that when i was in the outback of autralia a few years ago...however its a bit less comfy than a horse LMAO
Old 05-13-2008, 09:25 AM   #278  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Morning all; I am back up to nearly the same weight as last week, so that pound I dropped is back again. I think I'm retaining water, though (here's hoping, anyway) so maybe I'll have better luck next week. Time will tell!

I've been eating right and working out, so I know I haven't done anything to sabotage myself. Hope everyone else is having a good Tuesday!

Last edited by thistoo; 05-13-2008 at 09:25 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:30 AM   #279  
Walking Off The Pounds

Talking Hi All You Losers ! !

Sounds like most everyone is doing a great job watching portions and moving! (Well, except me I guess). We've had almost continuous rain for the past week so that's knocked my walking in the head. Suppose to be pretty today and not again until Saturday so I'm hitting the park directly after work, even brought my change of clothes with me. I don't know how but I am down 2 pounds this week (yeah!) makes a total of 3 pounds in this challenge. Of course that means only 92 more to go! I too like to think of it in increments, 5 lbs or 10 lbs. a whole lot easier to deal with mentally.

EZ - DD is in area qualifier this weekend, and guess who she drew??? #1 in the whole district! She's ranked #90 in the district right now. I'm trying to keep her in good spirits as anyone can win on any given day, she plays Friday evening so we'll see. She seems to be enjoying tennis more so this year even than last. . . I guess the hopes of a college scholarship is the enticement.

Okay, all for now, stay on plan, keep moving, EVERYONE is doing great and I notice a few more have met "goal" for the 1st five pounds, so keep it going - Margie
Margie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #280  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hi guys,
I was totally under the weather all weekend...had a fever of 102, chills and felt totally pathetic. Needless to say, I couldn't get on the treadmill like I enjoy doing. The doc has me on antibiotics, and I still have to take it easy, but I'll see if I can exercise today. Can't wait to get back to my normal self and daily routine.
Hugs, Dena

Last edited by Den@; 05-13-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #281  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

Talking

Im down 4 lbs for the 5 pound challenge! Very happy about that when I stepped on the scale today
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #282  

good job gerly1...keep up the good work!

hang in there dena....

went to the gym this am and did only 20 min aerobics. I tried longer but i think having the flu last week made my lungs not happy. At least i went. Then i went to the barn and had a pretty good/healhty lunch...well except for the can of coke...got to give up the soda. alright all..keep up the good work.

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 05-13-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #283  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Dena, I'm sorry to hear that you were sick. I hope you're starting to feel better! It sucks to get knocked out of our routines by illness, but I bet you'll be back in action in no time.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:10 PM   #284  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

LOL - I'm down .2 today - not much, but - hey I will take ANY loss

Another busy day with church meetings after work. Just a few minutes to catch up before it is time for bed. Glad to see most everyone is doing well.

I AM gonna get this last 3+ lbs. off this body and hit my goal.

I'm so happy to be traveling these last few lbs. of the journey with everyone here. You are all so inspiring and encouraging
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

So the damage I incurred during my binging has fully come to pass that happened about 10 days ago now. I'm even higher than what I thought which is back up to 206.2 so I've really gained 11 pounds back in the past two months. But I know what I did wrong in my diet plan and am now adopting a new approach which is I can have a little bit of whatever I want just in moderation instead of none at all which set off the binge I posted about awhile ago. I bought some 100 calorie snack packs and they have a bit of chocolate in them and they have been helping greatly curb my need for a small sweet thing every single day so.. lesson learned that I don't do well with a very restrictive diet. It's great to hear/read about everybody's successes though! Hopefully I'll be posting about my own in another two weeks or so.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote