UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #181  

I hope it's gone by then, I have to go to the hairdressers and I don't want to have to go by sledge.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #182  

I've been out twice, to the farmers market, and to my swimming friend!!! So at least I've had a bit of fresh air!!! I was back in my pjs by 3.30 though. I coccooned myself in Molly's quilt that she sleeps on, and slept in front of the fire on and off all afternoon. Very nice!!!! I've had tea already as his highness is working til late. I had a little bit of creamy Lancashire strong bomb cheese, cucumber, tomatoes and almond stuffed olives. Yum! And some Italian multigrain bread baked last night. I love farmers market night!!!

I'm not gonna bust a gasket getting into work tomorrow. If it's too apalling, I'll use my Oxford travel day and stay in bed!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #183  

Aww look at the crufts doggies

I made my sis bring me lots of things from the shop on her way back. I can not walk through this snow I tried to walk down the backyard, too much snow. I never agreed to a weekend of dogs and snow.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:20 AM   #184  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Gorgeous pictures. The top one looks a bit like my house does when my friend's dogs stop over - except with all black fur. Was your sister showing her dogs?

The snow has all gone here - its just very windy and cold. Time to go walkies!!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:21 AM   #185  

Awwwwwwwwwwww bless the doggies. I love the picture of the labs (?) all tired out. Poor things.

Not looking forward to going out in iced over snow this morning. I'm so tired still, I hate feeling tired before I start! I want to go to the pool!!!!!! I've got early starts most of this week so won't be able to swim before work.

I want to change teams, my team is the only one with a daft person who does 8 - 6 three days a week, which means there are only two 10 - 6 shifts going. I want permanent 10 - 6. But I don't really want to leave the back pain team, coz its interesting!!!!
Old 03-13-2006, 04:10 AM   #186  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm at work... I tried to get in early, before everyone else, but everyone else was early too! Do they have no life???

I have to go down to the register office at half 9 to register our intent. AGAIN! Had a lovely lazy day yesterday, saw goodnight and goodluck at the cinema, came home and cooked all sorts for the week. I've now decided that I really don't like baked sweet potatoes. I liked them in that gratin thing, but I've tried lots of different varieties, purple skinned, orange skinned, all sorts, but none of them taste like the ones we had in Japan!

Oh and I got through the weekend without being too naughty!! I did have doughnut, pizza, 1/2 a caramel slice, some M&Ms, 2 pcs choc and 6 biscuits... But it wasn't too naughty I spread it out over 2 days! Anyway it was all counted in and I didn't go off on a mega binge free day, so I'm happy with that!

Still no snow here - you lot are making it up!

Have a good day all, will be back after I've done some more work and officially registered!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:53 AM   #187  

Well done! I had a bad food day Saturday and a better one Sunday. I just had full fat greek yoghurt with raspberry fig and cinnamon, and it was lovely!!! I'm trying to eat a bit more and move a bit more!!!

I'm looking forward to the gym tonight, rather than dreading it, so that must be a good sign!!! I'm bringing my swimsuit and towel every day now, so if I feel like a swim I can have one. I need to bring a suit case to work!!!

I hope your intentions go through smoothly. It seems all very complicated, our minister did all that. And I was stunned you don't have compulsory pre marriage counselling in this country. In Oz it's meant to be voluntary but most ministers and registrars won't do the deed unless you do the counselling.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:19 AM   #188  
Consistency + Balance

That wind is BITTER! That's the first time I've turned back from a walk because I couldn't cope with the weather. Even the dogs had had enough. With that wind its feeling colder than when we had laying snow and heavy frosts.

Oh well, 30 mins on the exercise bike coming up - and its one of my weight training days.

Ky, that yoghurt sounds gorgeous, what make is it? I love figs and yoghurt together. I used to eat lots of full fat Greek yoghurt with honey and almonds, I tried making myself up a zero fat version - not so nice but better than not having any at all.

Frus, what is it about sweet potatoes that you don't like? Texture or taste? (Or both??) We have it 3-4 times a week in one recipe or another and I've got loads of different ways of cooking it. I only like the type that has got the deep orange flesh (sort of deep rusty red skin). I'm trying to learn to like turnips at the moment. Yesterday I put a couple of those pretty white and purple ones in with the chunks of celeriac I was 'roasting' - not bad, but not great.

Ky, I've never heard of pre-marriage counselling except when its a church wedding.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:02 AM   #189  

It was a Marks and Spencer one that I picked up on the way to work. It was 265 calories, but I am trying to hit 1600 -1800 a day for now, so that's ok! I think my calories were too low for the amount of exercise I was doing, that's my theory.

And it's official TOM arrived today, hence the chocolate cravings and delicate emotional state! I am feeling a lot better now, after the weekend of yoga, sleep and chocolate!! Just what the doctor ordered!!!

Our conservative government in Oz threw money at pre marriage counselling to try and stem the divorce rate. It's all a bit different in Oz, divorce is a lot easier there than here, as there is "no fault" unlike here where you have to "show cause"

Lunch time!!!
Old 03-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #190  
Consistency + Balance

Hi Mary - well done on the half pound!

Ky, I'm having a few thoughts about the exercise cals / nutrition cals balance as well. You can tell I'm bored! I just tracked my food for today on FitDay and it totals 1,871 (obviously American calories are different from UK calories because I made it 1,720 using my trusty old calorie booklet from WH Smiths!) Then I calculated my exercise calories for the day which came to 1,368 - leaving me a grand total of 503 cals to live on! I'm thinking that this is likely to be the reason I'm SO tired in the afternoons and evenings and haven't got any enthusiasm for anything.

I think I'm going to go back to crediting myself back half the calories I burn off exercising - I'm not sure why I stopped (except, possibly, I didn't think I was suffering enough!!!)
Old 03-13-2006, 09:31 AM   #191  
Consistency + Balance

I don't think that kind of relationship counselling works. It certainly wouldn't have made any difference to my first marriage because the problems only became apparent after I had my miscarriages and that wasn't something that could be planned for. We did try counselling towards the end but the counsellor was a manic feminist who seemed to think ALL men should count themselves lucky that any woman would want to live with them and she certainly thought that any woman who would do a man's washing was a saint in the making. Very amusing.... but possibly not the best attitude for a marriage guidance counsellor!
Old 03-13-2006, 09:39 AM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
Gorgeous pictures. The top one looks a bit like my house does when my friend's dogs stop over - except with all black fur. Was your sister showing her dogs?

Noooooooo ours are scruffy and dirty...not like the posh ones at crufts.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:48 AM   #193  

I'm sure they'd scrub up fine for crufts!!! A bit of shampoo and a clip, they'd be lovely!!!
Old 03-13-2006, 10:15 AM   #194  
Consistency + Balance

Oh bum! I wish you hadn't mentioned dogs and shampoo, I knew there was something I had to do this afternoon. George needs a shower.... I wonder how many calories that'll use up! I haven't got a swimming cossie that fits so it'll have to be shorts and a T shirt.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #195  

Poor Sarah, we used to have an Airedale, that was like a sponge, and used to soak up every bit of water and then shake all over me! I was the only one who could bath her and even then I had to coax her in with bacon strips! I gave up on the swimsuit and the shorts in the end and just did it nekkid!!! What a site.

Then dad would leave the outside door open and said dog would leap into garden and roll in mud. Sigh.