UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #151  

I'm definitely going to the gym tonight, I have lots of energy (after all the naughty food I have consumed today!!)

I'm just gonna play, do whatever I feel like and not do a structured workout as such.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #152  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I read about that on Skwigg's blog - does it work? If it does then I'll get some because my legs are smothered in bruises. I don't much like the taste but it would be worth it to get rid of all the bruises.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #153  
Consistency + Balance

Hi Kylie - I hope everything seems a bit less miserable this afternoon. Enjoy the gym - you'll probably do a better work out that you would if it were structured!
Old 03-10-2006, 10:18 AM   #154  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Yes it really really works! I whacked my hand yesterday and it came up all blue, now it's that horrid yellow brown colour. I think you need to drink it every day though. Probably about 100ml or so. You could put it in a smoothie.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #155  

I'm feeling better, I've had lots of cuddles from my team, and they're all looking after me. I am going to see if I can buy some new bathers on the way home so I can have a spa and sauna after the gym, coz I deserve it!!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #156  

Glad you're feeling better Kyk.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:47 PM   #157  

I picked up a towel and some new swimwear in town, went to the gym, then to the pool. I feel almost human now. I also got some polka dot pyjamas!! There was an XL and an L, I got the L, and they fit!!! They're very pretty!!!

I've really been bad today with the food. I haven't comfort eaten for ages. Oops! Ah well, line under it and move on!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 07:12 PM   #158  

Polka dot sounds good. Size L sounds good too.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:04 AM   #159  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Well done on the L, glad you're feeling a bit better now. Maybe being a bit more relaxed is what you need, maybe your body is telling you that you don't need to push yourself quite so hard.

Maybe it's my turn to be a misery guts after the rugby last night I found myself in Tesco at about 11 (this was part of the plan, to get my shopping for the weekend on the way home) telling myself that chocolate and wine wouldn't help.

It was so bad that even the thought of my lovely new size 12 suit in the boot of the car didn't cheer me up. I also bought a stripey jumper! Horizontal stripes! And it doesn't make me look horrendously fat!

But this morning it's a bit better. Running really does help me get rid of the stress. I couldn't even face turning the computer on last night or before I ran this morning because I'd have to confront my rugby message board friends, but I've been out for my normal 3.67 mile run and run it faster than I ever have before. I was only meant to be doing an easy run, and ended up (yet again) running at my fastest ever pace!). I saw myself reflected in shop windows and I really looked like I was running, not just jogging or plodding around!

I've got lots more recipes to try over the weekend, I'll post them if they're any good!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:16 AM   #160  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Glad you're feeling better, Kylie, and well done on the size L. I know a little bit about how the baby thing feels, because I'm in a similar position. Firstly PCOS meant conception was difficult, and then when Kim's kidneys failed we made the decision not to pursue any fertility treatment etc. so that we could just concentrate on keeping him well and stress free, and so that I could be the breadwinner.

99% of the time I'm fine with this and know the decision was the right one, but just very occasionally something happens to really throw me for a loop. Yesterday dad told me that my sister (the one who's on honeymoon at the moment) has decided to try for a baby straight away, since her biological clock is ticking fast now (she's 42) and her new husband has a huge (though benign) brain tumour.

I cried for 2 solid hours after I put the phone down, because somehow being childless seemed tolerable when one of my sisters was also childless, but if she has a child I'll be the only woman for 7 generations of my immediate and extended family (siblings, aunts, cousins etc) who hasn't had children.

I wish my sis well and I hope she hears the patter of tiny feet soon, but at the same time it really hurts! I've got to work through the feelings in private so that if and when she phones me to tell me she's pregnant I can be sincerely thrilled, and don't rain on her parade by sobbing down the telephone!

I'm so glad you're over the hump!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:11 AM   #161  
Consistency + Balance

Janey, I'm sure your sister will understand your feelings. If not then perhaps you could talk it through with her in advance. I know that if I were your sister I would prefer to know how you're feeling.

The scales show a 5lb weight loss this week, which is nice but a bit worrying. I have been a good girl this week on both food and exercise but I don't like having a big weightloss like that, I prefer to lose a regular 1 or 2 pounds a week. Now, there is one of two explanations for this either a) the scales are wrong or b) I cut back too much on my calories after my holiday. I've jiggled around on the scales but it still keeps showing the 5lb loss so I think I'm going to increase my cals a bit this week. My mistake really, before my holiday I used to credit myself back half of the cals I burned through exercise to have extra food but I haven't done that this week.

My bloomin' husband! He gave me a new pedometer for Chrimbo and set it up for me - I only found out today that he's put in the length of my pace as 28 inches instead of 32 inches. It might not sound much but it worked out to a mile and a half's difference on today's walk.

I embarrased myself today, I read somewhere that if you walk for exercise you can get in your high intensity interval training by either running occasionally or by walking up a steep hill. The dogs won't let me run so, while listening to some Queen golden oldies on my MP3 player and singing along at the top of my voice, I headed for the only steep bit on the Moor and started trotting uphill. Just as I was trying to jog without tripping over a dog and sing the chorus of Bohemian Rhapsody I rounded a corner and there was a bunch of young blokes doing some conservation work. I forgot the Saturday volunteers start early - one of them had to sit down because he was laughing at me so much.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:10 AM   #162  
aka Superwoman!

That's a classic Sarah! to Dippy and Kyk, and YP damn hormones and rugby players!

I've been having fun with the council registrars! We are not impressed! Anyway, we've got an appointment for Monday morning to register. We got up early to go down specially, but no-one told us we needed an appointment and when we rang, no-one answered the phone! Gah!

Had another trauma with bras today! I measure a 36C but of course that doesn't fit at all at all! I ended up with a 34DD but it's still not quite right! I'll get there in the end! I must get measured and fitted one day... It's just too busy on a Saturday!

I'll be back later on.. On the phone to the mother... yapping about weddings Will the madness never end!
Old 03-11-2006, 12:51 PM   #163  
aka Superwoman!

Default What would Batman do?

Indeed!

I had a migraine last night, and I was "scheduled" to eat up the other half of my pepperoni pizza I know when I had the other half I was starving about an hour later, so I decided to save some of my food for the day for after the pizza. I got through the day at work on apples, grapes and apple porridge. Then I came home and had 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites scrambled on toast. I promptly fell asleep with a headache and was so full by the time DF came home I didn't eat the pizza at all last night.

After my registrar trauma this morning, I finished off the afternoon with shopping trauma! I felt a bit pants yesterday and had a bit of a migraine, it was still hanging on this morning when we were out and about.

So after fighting the hoardes in John Lewis (and the snotty shop assistants) and then after plodding round looking at dresses in Debenhams I was pooped. Felt really horrible and was wanting sugar! Oh and a Pepsi! So on my way home I popped into Boots and bought a Pepsi Max. I spent ages looking round the snacks half wanting something, half not. I bumped into a caramel slice, so I thought, "Oooh yummy, I'll have that!" And bought it. While I was on the bus with my Pepsi I glanced down and saw my WWBD bracelet. And thought that I wouldn't eat my caramel slice today. There is always tomorrow!

The convoluted story behind the WWBD bracelet!

Skwigg (whose blog I have posted about before) was talking about having abs like batman and she said that she sometimes asked herself, "What would batman do?" It sounded a bit like that christian thing I heard about a year or two ago, WWJD - what would Jesus do? So I thought I'd buy myself a bracelet with WWBD on it. In Hamleys you can get little letters that you can make a personalised bracelet with, so I bought some of those and a shiney black wrist band. I now sport my WWBD bracelet on weekends!!

So thanks to skwigg and batman, my caramel slice remains uneaten in the boots carrier bag. I will have it tomorrow, when I haven't already had pizza and a doughnut

I am hopefully going to finish off the day nice and healthily. I spent a TON on fruit and veg in Waitrose last night. Is anyone else turning into a gourmet food snob??? I have to have "good" food, like tasty organic fruit, or cherries or grapes or raspberries. I can't make do with Tesco Value apples and crappy bananas! I've even bought some food doctor bagels because they are full of seeds and whole grains. Then I happened upon this chocolate spread that's made with milk and honey rather than vegetable fat. It's DELICIOUS and Belgian and costs a penny a gram! Now I don't mind spending lots of money on GOOD food, like those frozen berries we were talking about in another thread. I'd rather spend a fortune on healthy food than 50p on highly processed gunk.

Okay I hear a nice deep bath calling! Hope you all have a lovely rest-of-weekend
Old 03-11-2006, 01:01 PM   #164  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Hey, Frus, you probably out-batmanned Batman - I reckon he would've eaten the caramel slice ! You must have been sprinkled with on the bus when you weren't looking.

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #165  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've had a nice day in the end, I've managed to forget about the rugby (until I turn over to tonight's game in a couple of minutes and see the face of our coach staring at me), and even managed to get through the trauma of my car breaking down again.

That wouldn't be so bad if it didn't always break down either on my drive or within a couple of miles of home, which means it's always the same recovery driver (I never seem to break down when it's not his shift). I've seen him 3 times in the past 5 weeks or so Sadly, when he says "see you soon" I suspect that he means it. He's not cute, and I'm not doing it deliberately, honest, I just hope he doesn't think I am...

I've not been out since my fab run and my ill fated trip to the supermarket to get the stuff I forgot last night, but I've done a couple of jobs, cooked some new things to try and done my Spanish homework, so that's lots of jobs out of the way. I've been really good with my eating all day, even when I was stuck for an hour outside Sainsbury's (I got there, did my shopping then couldn't start the car to drive back) I didn't nip in to get any chocolate or other snacks. This is progress!

I've got a bottle of wine for tonight, but that's allowed
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote