UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:04 AM   #211  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I felt sorry for her with her weight - she was a level headed type of person so I would think the original weight problem was something beyond her control.

She had part of her stomach and intenstines removed to prevent food absorbtion and to stop her eating more than a mouthfull or two at a time - it was the amount of skin she had left after getting down to about 15 stones that made me feel queasy!

The operations she had to have to get rid of it were horrendous and then she came over here to have a boob augmentation and the surgeon refused to do it because he said her system wouldn't be able to cope with another anaesthetic. Its the picture of her after the weightloss but before the operations thatI need to stick on the fridge!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:54 AM   #212  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello!

I'm trying not to fall asleep after my HUGE salad at lunch. I don't know why, but big salads send me to sleep Maybe it's the amount of food. I'm off to find some Pepsi
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:11 AM   #213  
Consistency + Balance

Frus - your salad will make you feel sleepy if you had a lot of lettuce in it. I've seen lettuce sandwiches recommended as a cure for insomnia. Maybe thats why its hard to find wild rabbits - they're all sleeping off the lettuce!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:12 AM   #214  
Consistency + Balance

Talking about salad - I've just realised that Sainsburys haven't delivered any in the order I've just unpacked! (I ordered 3 bags of that Florette mix). Bum! Must check if I've been charged for it.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:32 AM   #215  
aka Superwoman!

Oh yeah, you're so right! The soporific effect of lettuce! As seen in the Tale of Peter Rabbit. Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail and Peter all fall asleep after eating Mr McGregor's lettuces! I shouldda known!

I think the Pepsi and chocolate cookie have perked me up!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:39 AM   #216  

Hmm I will have to try some lettuce sandwiches then.

By the way 2 frus - have you seen any diet cherry coke or the coffee Pepsi around? I am cross cos I am in London and I haven't seen it anywhere in West London (well my little bit of it which is the centre of the universe......)
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #217  

I can't find the coffee pepsi up here, but I adore the diet cherry coke, they stock it at our cafeteria, but it goes very quickly.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:43 AM   #218  
aka Superwoman!

Diet cherry coke, first had some from Hounslow Woolworth's. Also Woolworth's has had the coffee Pepsi in North Finchley. I'd say, try woolworth's! I've also seen Diet Cherry Coke in petrol stations and maybe Sainsbury's in free standing bin type things.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:05 AM   #219  

Coffee pepsi just sounds wrong. I buy my coke in home bargains so I have no fancy ones they tend to just have diet coke. I love home bargains they've just got in really cheap gourmet jelly beans.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:22 AM   #220  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Coffee Pepsi? Hang on a sec, what?

That sounds.... interesting!
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:32 AM   #221  

Quote:
I'm kicking myself! I found a really good blog from a man who does body building and described how he gets himself in shape for the competition season - and I can't find it now. It made such good sense, especially in view of us all saying we feel better and lose weight easier if we eat a little more. All I can remember is that he suggested creating a 500 or 1000 calorie per day deficit depending on whether you want to lose one or two pounds a week (although he didn't recommend trying to lose more than a pound a week - but then again he hasn't got loads of it to get rid of!)
Sarah is the blog link not in your history? Is that too obvious to say!?
Old 03-14-2006, 10:34 AM   #222  
Consistency + Balance

Oooohhh, OOOOHHHHH! Coffee Pepsi - Two of my fav things in one drink!

Just checked the Sainsbury and Tesco website and its not available up here yet.

Don't know about diet Cherry Coke - everything with fake cherry flavour always tastes a bit like cough mixture to me.

Sainsbury say my bags of salad leaves are on their way back to the store - they don't think they'll get it re-delivered today because I'm the only person they deliver to in this village today. I think its time to try Tesco again - at least they give you compensation when they muck up.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:41 AM   #223  
Consistency + Balance

No, thats a very sensible question but its not in my history - this computer only stores the whole website names in its history - like on this site I just get http://www.3fatchicks.com whereas on the previous 'puter and my laptop it stores http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75 I don't know why. All I can think is that I found the blog by browsing from one blog to another on the same website via a favourites link. (I love reading blogs!)
Old 03-14-2006, 10:51 AM   #224  

The fake cherry in diet cherry coke seems to mask the saccahrine flavour I love it, and I don't normally do diet coke!!!

Boo sainsbury's I don't do internet grocery shopping, though I would kinda like too, but I don't trust it, or me!!!

I'm wavering on the shopping tonight, I can hear my bed calling from here!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #225  

When tesco don't deliver stuff you can just email them and they refund you. Last time they forgot wine