UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #166  

Today has been quite good. I've been reasonable with my food, but not perfect. I'm swimming in the morning, hopefully having a run, weather etc dependent, or I'll get to the gym. I also want to do some tidying, the house is a bit of a disaster.

I'm going to try and have two half days this week, to get some head space at work. I need to swim more!! I have discovered they owe me 7 hours for my travelling time for the Oxford trip. The next trip is to Bury St Edmunds, which will be coming up soon. That should be exciting!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:26 AM   #167  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I got up for my run this morning and it's snowing so I scurried back to bed! I've not run much this week, but I don't want to go out and not enjoy it when I don't have to, I'm going to stick to my decision to cut back a bit I think and not force myself out there, I'll have plenty of time to get some long runs in over the summer! I might see how the weather turns out later today and go out for an afternoon run if it looks bearable, but for now I'll just snuggle inside.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:51 AM   #168  

Ditto here, I decided to run this morning, as I wasn't going swimming. Well there goes that plan. I'm going to the Farmer's Market in the snow in a minute. And then I might do some "mall walking" yeah right, thinly veiled euphenism for shopping!!! I need tops!!! Um I want tops???

I've cleaned the fridge this morning, so it's all ready to receive lots of goodies from the market!! Yum!!!

Hope everyone is keeping warm, think of me as I trundle in the snow to the market!!
Old 03-12-2006, 05:56 AM   #169  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I just got back from walking the dogs when it started snowing here. It doesn't look like its going to last long though and its not laying - just very, very cold.

A question for the runners: I managed to persuade the dogs to let me jog/run a bit this morning (sort of outdoor interval training) but I've been left with REALLY sharp pains running up the front of my shin bones. Is that normal and will it last long? It even hurts while I'm sitting here.

Ky, lucky you! I love Farmers Markets, our local one shut down through lack of interest a few months ago and I really miss it.

Frus, I want one of those bracelets!! Well done for resisting the caramel slice, I'm not sure I could have been that strong. I love reading Skwigg's blog - her dogs sound even more nutty than mine.

My plans for the day are a) sort out the freezers and fridge, do my weekly menu, including working out the calories roughly for each day so the planned meals fit in with my zigzag pattern) and then put in a Sainsbury delivery order and b) clear up the white polystyrene balls that Fred has disembowelled from George's bed overnight. We are talking about a gigantic Great Dane size beanbag bed which is now almost empty so there are little white balls EVERYWHERE.

I'm having one of 'those' days. I haven't gone off track yet and I've done a 12 mile walk but my willpower/enthusiasm seems to be missing today.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:28 AM   #170  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Sarah - What would Batman do????

It's not snowing here we're off to the cinema to see George Clooney *dribble* after I've cut DF's hair. He's looking a bit wild! I'm having a taking it easy day today. I felt pants yesterday, but I perked up and did some weights last night. I was going to run this weekend, but I don't think I'll push myself too hard. I'm saving my run for Wednesday.

Just had some blueberries on pancakes. I thought they would be tastier is it because they've been frozen do you think? They don't really taste of much at all.

Have a nice day of rest all, I'm going to be napping lots later on Oh and we'll try that potato bake thingy
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:18 AM   #171  
Consistency + Balance

Batman/Skwigg would probably carry on and run through the pain! (Which is just starting to subside a bit). I'm a coward though so I just sat here and reconcilled our bank accounts waiting for it to go away. OMG - I hate doing accounts!

Frozen blueberries taste better with a little sweetener to bring out the flavour. I usually defrost them in the microwave until they are warm and just starting to burst, then add the sweetener, let them stand a minute or two then add them to whatever I'm eating. If I'm putting them in porridge I just shove them in frozen in to the boiling mixture and stir - it cools the porridge just enough to eat. Fresh ones are ENTIRELY different and I eat them like grapes.

I hope you enjoy the potato bake, I'm having it to today as well, with roast beef, roast celeriac, rosemary lentils and purple sprouting broccoli. I'm trying to find a way to make low calorie yorkshire puddings - if anyone has found/devised a recipe PLEASE, PLEASE put it on the recipe thread.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:18 AM   #172  

I looked like a snowman when I came back from the market. I bought all healthy stuff!! Apart from some sausages, but I am sure they're 100% healthier than anything you could get at the supermarket. The fishmonger and I were singing carols, he was singing Winter Wonderland and I did a stirring rendition of "It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas" LOL Maybe I should make mince pies!!!

Sarah, in this weather I think batman would wrap up in his cape, retreat to the bat cave and eat whatever batmans eat! Raw steak?? I dunno what batman eats!!! And his abs are made out of plastic anyway!!! There's a plan!

I'm such a bad mother, I made the cat go outside, she's a 99% inside cat, and has never seen snow. It was hilarious!!! Is that really mean??? She was looking at the sky then at her coat, then at me. Then put a paw out, put it back in.........very funny! She had the last laugh, she dived under a car, so I had to get on my hands and knees in the snow to pull her out. It's been snowing since 8 this morning and still going. Will I get snowed in tomorrow?? One can only hope!!!
Old 03-12-2006, 09:30 AM   #173  

The snow the snow! Opened the front door to take the dogs out and it wouldn't shut too much snow! My sister is travelling back from crufts I was just looking up trains on the net for her and there don't seem to be any...it only showed one at 10pm getting in 7am! I like a good snow panic There's a very cute pic of a dog in the snow on the bbc news site though so not all bad.

Batman you're all batmad remember batman had a butler he had an easy life.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:40 AM   #174  
Consistency + Balance

Woo hoooo!! Its starting to snow quite heavily here now - and its laying.

Ky - Well done on the healthy stuff. Not sure about sausages unless they are those tasteless low fat ones which I use to make meatballs out of. Ahhhh - don't be mean to your cat - snow must be a cat's worse nightmare! Fred (our younger dog) is a bit anxious about the snow as well, he's used to it being on the ground but he's never been out in it when it was coming down before. I had to go out to the garage to sort out the big freezer and he was sitting outside the door barking at it (the snow that is, not the freezer).

Veggie - Have you spoken to your sister? What will she do - camp out at the station until that train goes or get a hotel room for the night?
Old 03-12-2006, 09:59 AM   #175  

She's just busy harassing me by text there are no trains showing, she'll get back probably.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:59 AM   #176  

It's my off diet week...........again. They're pork with stem ginger and apricots, and probably full of fat, but I never have sausages, and I just fancied them!!!

We were watching crufts on telly last night!!! It was really good. I'm tired now, I went visiting my swimming friend and her son and had a good natter. Now I think I need a nap!
Old 03-12-2006, 10:04 AM   #177  
Consistency + Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie
she'll get back probably.

Yum - those sausages sound gorgeous!
Old 03-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #178  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

It's still snowing here. It's not coming down that hard, but it's been constant since at least 8am and it's definitely settling and getting deeper. I had been considering going to the gym for a run instead of running outside, but I don't fancy driving either - my road usually gets gritted but even that is covered with snow because hardly anything seems to have ventured out today. So I'll just stay in, at least I can't overeat because my new habit of planning meals for the week and buying only what I need means that there isn't much rubbish to binge on! And no chocolate.

I will remain unmoved by the sausages, I had some vegetable lasagne for lunch. I made it last night and had one of the spare portions today, it was OK but the recipe needs more work before I'll share it on here as there were a couple of things I didn't like.

I haven't even managed to get dressed today
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:37 AM   #179  

I just tried to go to the shop I made it through the front door then came back in. I didn't like it I can't walk in all that snow.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:57 PM   #180  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Do you think the snow will stay till Wednesday? I have to go to Staffs then... I hope it does, I'm so lazy! I also hope it snows here overnight so I don't have to go to work!

Sarah, the sweet potato bake was heaven! I used spring onions instead of garlic and put some cheese on the top Yummy yummy yum! We didn't have anything with it because... I'm too lazy and we were hungry!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote