UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-13-2006, 10:45 AM   #196  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the mental image I needed a laugh! I'm imagining myself bathing a dog nekkid though!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #197  

I'm wet. Snow has turned to flood.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:23 PM   #198  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Yup - I ended up doing it nekkid as well. It was George's first shower since we had the new hydro thingy installed. He used to like showers but he went nuts because he didn't like walking on the tiles and he didn't like the water coming at him from more than one direction. It took me ages to clean the shower and the bathroom (which is white except for the blind and the floor) - even the ceiling was smothered in little black hairs. Then he went downstairs and shook again and it went all over the kitchen! I was going to do Fred tomorrow but I think I might send him to a poodle parlour.

Waahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #199  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Naked dog washing, whatever next!

I was very good today, I tried on lots of nice dresses that would look fab with my gorgeous new suit, and I managed to resist buying them. I'm sure I'll cave soon enough though...

Fab run this morning, I did 6k in under 30 minutes I was really impressed with that, I remember when I celebrated the first time I ran 5k under 30 minutes, let alone 6!

Also good scale movement. For the first time this year I've lost 2lb in a week. I'm not complaining about my steady 1s, far from it, but it's strange that the week I've done the least exercise this year and been a bit more relaxed about my eating was the week I lost most. Maybe there is something in this not overtraining/undereating thing after all
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:37 PM   #200  

Weird that its happened to you as well!!!! How bizarre!!!

I'm back!!! My brain is returning to whatever passes for normal around here!!! I went to the gym tonight, and loved it!! I did something different, instead of minutes, I set calorie goals, just for fun. I did 100 cals on the bike, 100 on the treadmill (I ran most of the way) and then 150 on the weird cardio wave which is like a broken cross trainer

Then I did 15 minutes core and yoga on the floor. I can't believe I now do suggestive floor exercises without caring who is watching, even in front of cute guys!!! I have a soft spot for Asian and African men, and our gym is full of them. Very nice eye candy!!

I went to ASDA next and got lots nice fruit and veg and low fat salad dressings. We had sausages, mash (bought ready made) and veggies for tea. The sausages were done in George, who bashed the fat out of em, and shrunk em to half their size!!! We had two each. The mash was hilarious. I had the choice of "Good for you" potato mash, or a "not good for you" mixed root veg mash with real butter. Now, which had the lowest calories??? Yep you guessed it folks, the full fat monty mixed root veg. So dinner was well under 500 calories in the end, so I have had a treat of a few squares of Green and Blacks and a hazelnut Options hot chocolate drink.

I feel so much more together, I think all I needed was a period!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:26 PM   #201  

YP

Ooh that should be times 99!
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:54 AM   #202  
aka Superwoman!

all you dog-washers!

And very well done YP - you're almost at GOAL! Wooooo!

Glad you're back kykaree! I think my "sensible" brain is returning! I'm eating chocolate biscuits! But I have sent them to work with DF because I would just eat them ALL!! I had sausages last night too! With a Gillian McKeith bagel! Am I right in thinking that she is the food doctor? Or is that someone else? Anyway, they were food doctor bagels!

Right I must get to some sewing today otherwise little ballerinas will cry!

I'm kickboxing tonight - I'm super-hydrating!! I read about it somewhere I thought I might give it a try!
Old 03-14-2006, 04:06 AM   #203  

The food doctor is someone else..............http://www.thefooddoctor.com/homebody.php Ian Marber, and he's a lot cuter than Gillian McKeith LOL

Are you sewing tutus??? To go with your frame?

We're having random conversations about actors acting like pieces of wood.........weird
Old 03-14-2006, 04:08 AM   #204  
aka Superwoman!

I see! I get so confused because I don't have a telly!

I'm sewing a pretty pink harness thingy to go on the frame. It's very... pink!
Old 03-14-2006, 06:15 AM   #205  
Consistency + Balance

Morning! There's nothing wrong with pink!!!!! Very girlie. My daughter's favourite colour when she was 8 was black - she looked like a miniature goth.

What a miserable walk that was. That stuff isn't snow, its miniature bits of hail pelting down. I've had two hours of slip, sliding everywhere and I even fell over a couple of times. My hair has gone crinkly from my hat, my face is all bright red and feels sore from having bits of ice hitting it AND it wasn't until I got home and looked in a mirror that I realised my hat makes me look like Noddy! Luckily I don't get to see too many people where I walk. Would you believe it - its just stopped snowing and the sun's trying to break through!!!! Arrghhh!!!

The lower bones in my legs have been aching all night, it woke me up a couple of times - I've had this since I tried running the other day. I was planning to do 30 mins on the exercise bike but I think I'll give it a miss until my legs feel okay.

So much for all that hard work yesterday, the first thing that George did this morning was run after a rabbit and fall in a muddy ditch. I've just turned a hose on him and he's not a happy dog!

I'm kicking myself! I found a really good blog from a man who does body building and described how he gets himself in shape for the competition season - and I can't find it now. It made such good sense, especially in view of us all saying we feel better and lose weight easier if we eat a little more. All I can remember is that he suggested creating a 500 or 1000 calorie per day deficit depending on whether you want to lose one or two pounds a week (although he didn't recommend trying to lose more than a pound a week - but then again he hasn't got loads of it to get rid of!)
Old 03-14-2006, 06:38 AM   #206  

My sister was a mini goth too, she only got weirder as she got older. Dyed her hair blue at one point and made mum cry! Then later shaved it off! I'm very boring, just got fat instead

I only ever wanted to lose a pound a week. I think coz I don't fit day I have just assumed I have been getting it right. I am not going to count a gain this week, if there is one, due to TOM, so my relaxed week will continue the next week.

Sarah, it sounds like the beginning of shin splints, though I'm no expert. What sort of shoes are you wearing for running? You might need to be fitted for running shoes if you're going to be running often!

Nearly lunch time, I wonder what delights are in store today? I'm going out for tea, on my own, to the Sushi Bar in Selfriges, my favourite!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 06:38 AM   #207  
Consistency + Balance

Did anyone else see the TV prog last night about the woman who had once weighed 42 stones who was having surgery to get rid of the excess skin she has been left with?

After an hour of watching it I was feeling very green. Kevin says he wishes we'd taped it so he could play it to me everytime I get the munchies for cheese.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:49 AM   #208  

One of the blokes at work was talking about it. Yuck! I didn't see it though. I don't watch enough telly!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 06:50 AM   #209  
aka Superwoman!

That's a good idea!

I'm hungry for dinner! I need to go to Tesco and get some balsamic vinegar. I'm onto my 5th pint of squash for the day! I think I might throw up after this one though! I think I'll wait a little while before finishing it off... I feel all slooshy!

ROLL ON DINNER!
Old 03-14-2006, 06:57 AM   #210  
1SwissChick

S/C/G: 330/241/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
Kevin says he wishes we'd taped it so he could play it to me everytime I get the munchies for cheese.
Kerry, my DH, watched that. I couldn't face it. Simply couldn't make myself watch. And at my highest weight I was only half of her. I have no idea what I am in stone now.

*skipping off to weight convertor*
JennyJuno is offline   Reply With Quote