UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:37 AM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
And I'm getting my picture taken for the Sunday Sport tomorrow, but don't worry I get to keep my top on
You can't just say that!
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:34 PM   #47  

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sexandhealth...name_page.html

what do you think of this do you reckon she'll keep it off
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:06 PM   #48  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I simply couldn't do that sort of diet. Good luck to her, she's done really well, but you wonder whether she's had the opportunity to really change her attitudes to food. I've never done it, so maybe once you come off the shakes the "clean break" has worked, but I'm enjoying learning how to cook healthy and nutritious food and learn exercise habits that I'll need for maintenance.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:56 PM   #49  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by impossible princess
what do you think of this do you reckon she'll keep it off
What would that do to the body??? No food for 200 days. Sod to that!
I don't think it can be kept off. Every story i've read about people taking drastic measures like that, as soon as they started eating properly again the weight went back on.
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 04:46 PM   #50  

Col is writing a story about an alien sighting over Ramsbottom, and I am the lucky person to have spotted the alien. It's all lies of course!!

I had my first ever yoga class today. It was brilliant, The teacher is fabulous, she has been teaching for 24 years. She was retired but JJB only wanted her and no one else to teach because she's the best!!! I really enjoyed it, and I think I'll be doing that every Saturday. Saturday is my rest day, so Yoga seems a good thing to do on a rest day.

We went to Pizza Hut for lunch, seeing as it's diet break week. It was lovely. Of course I had a ginormous salad (coz I like salad) and I love Pizza Hut salad bar, as they just have loads of different veggies and you put your own together, so it's not all covered in stuff. And then pizza, and I'm scared coz I kept getting the veggie ones, because they taste nice. Is the start of the slippery slope to vegetarianism???

Then some gentle shopping, I got some more makeup, I'm turning into a girl.

Oh and I win dope of the day award. I got to the gym got everything out to wear to my yoga class, but No bottoms!!! I came in jeans, which I couldn't wear to yoga, so I ran to the JJB shop upstairs and grabbed a pair of yoga trousers and whizzed down again!!! So my size 22 ones which I have been making do with, can go to the charity shop tomorrow!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 02:28 AM   #51  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Glad you enjoyed yoga, and hope you're not too traumatised after your alien spotting

Nothing wrong with vegetables! I made a gorgeous lentil and pepper bake yesterday, I'm really getting into all these new foods.

I ended up having a complete rest day from exercise yesterday, but I'm going to make myself go for a nice long run this morning to make up for it. Once I summon up the strength to get dressed.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:32 AM   #52  

I'm up, dressed, have my swimming cossie on (and boobs tucked into the waist of my trousers) and about to walk in fresh snow to the pool. No outside running for me today, my debut will have to wait another week or so.

I might get to the gym this afternoon or I might not, the house is desperately in need of some TLC, and I think I need to have another trip to the charity shop with some fat clothes. I can't wait til there's nothing with a 2 in my wardrobe LOL!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 04:24 AM   #53  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Guess which paper I flicked through at the newsagents on the way back from my run?

I'm surprised you can bring yourself to leave the house, you sexy brunette, 33

Sadly I didn't have enough cash on me to buy it, but that may be rectified later...

I did 75 minutes on a new route. Less than I was hoping to do, but I'm still meant to be recovering from the half - they say up to one day per mile - so I didn't want to push myself too far. The new route was lovely though, I can see it becoming a favourite!
Old 03-05-2006, 05:47 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

All this talk of running. Sometimes I get a bit of an urge to try it outside. As I have said before I do run on the treadmill only for twenty minutes.

I have ran a few times outside but the next day my back really hurt. I said to the young lad at the gym perhaps I am too heavy to run and he said that I wasn't warming up properly. As well as that maybe my trainers need to be ones specifically for running. My bosoms are sorted its just my feet really!!

Not touched a biscuit or a chocolate since Lent began on Wednesday.

Have a lovely Sunday

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:32 AM   #55  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I've just bought some cheap running kit from Aldi. I was going to buy some shorts or capris but couldn't decide which, and the cheapest stuff online/in JJB was coming out at about £15 - £20. I've just got capris, shorts and a top (plus some fruit) for £15. I've not tried it on yet, but it looks decent enough and you can't complain at that price!
Old 03-05-2006, 08:13 AM   #56  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Hi everyone - I'm back from my lovely holiday I hope you've all had a good week. We had a great time although it was a BIG suprise to find out we were going to have a holiday in ... Yorkshire - just a different part of Yorkshire. I never realised just how beautiful the North Yorkshire coast is!

I've been a good girl - I've counted my calories and exercised lots. The person who owns the cottage we borrowed (he's my husband's boss's brother) is gym rat and he was happy for me to use his stuff. He had all sorts in the room he has done out as a gym, I used the exercise bike and rowing machine each morning. I've also started using weights which I'm really enjoying - but I'm taking it very slowly. I have even tried running but the dogs got really weird about it - they just won't let me do it! They run round in front of me and jump up!

We ate out every evening and I tried to make clean food choices (carveries worked best for me) but I did slip up a couple of times and had some holiday treats including a large piece of freshly caught deep fried in batter Whitby cod with proper home made mushy peas (fabulous!) and another day I had an ENORMOUS scone with jam and cream - so I was very surprised when I got on the scales this morning and found I was a pound lighter!

I've done some thinking and I'm going to change my exercise routine and food - and, best of all, my husband loved the extra exercise he did and is going to join in with my new routine. We have actually bought some dumbells and I've ordered the Body For Life book!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #57  

Welcome back SA

I wanna see the aliens (and Kyk ) ! Is there a scan? Please let there be a scan.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:45 AM   #58  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I didn't buy a copy in the end
Old 03-05-2006, 01:49 PM   #59  

I have a pdf of it, anyone who wants it just pm me your email address and I *might* send you a copy!!!!!

I've had a lazy day, apart from swimming. I've slept a lot again. And that's about it, I deserved it though.

Last cheat meal today for 8 weeks, salmon en croute tonight!!! Yum!!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #60  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Ooh, I might need one of those copies!

I have been lazy again today (apart from this morning's run) and have barely stirred from the sofa. Still, at least my Spanish homework is done and I've booked a hotel in Amsterdam as well as Berlin. Only Madrid, London and Prague to sort out now