UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:01 PM   #136  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
I'm going mad, crazy, bonkers. I have had my week off this week. Popped on the scales expecting the same, maybe a slight gain, but nope. I've lost. For the first time in a month.

So I am giving up!!!! I'm going to just sit back, enjoy my food, enjoy my exercise, and relax, and see what happens next week.

I've really enjoyed this week of food, haven't been horrendous, but haven't been an angel either. I think maybe I'm not eating quite enough for the amount of exercise I have been doing, hence the utter exhaustion setting in a couple of nights this week.
I meant to say well done Kyk for your loss (and all your other many pounds you have lost).
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:17 AM   #137  

The whole thing was doing my head in yesterday, and then I had things happen at work I couldn't talk about without crying, just when I thought my head was straight. I had a series of calls, not meant for me, about a work colleague who I'd never met, telling me her ex husband had died, so I had to tell her, that was awful. Then someone brought a baby into work. I honestly thought my feelings about not having kids were settled, and bang, I bawled and bawled, it was so embarrassing. I don't really feel like going in today.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:28 AM   #138  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Ky, you sound completely and utterly stressed out. Why don't you take a day or two off from work and take it easy/rest. Telling someone that kind of bad news is very harrowing and the baby thing on top of that must have been awful. (Have you thought about counselling for the baby situation, it worked wonders for me?)
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:42 AM   #139  

I had no idea how stressed out I was until yesterday. And you know, I was really angry that I lost weight this week!!! it was my week off darn it!!! I should have gained or maintained, and I just felt so angry that I've either been getting it wrong, or my body is completely confused, I don't know what I felt. I groaned when I stepped on the scales and it showed a loss!! A girl at the gym heard me and said "it's terrible when you gain" and I just felt really stupid complaining about a loss!!!

The baby thing took me completely by surprise. I've had counselling and worked through it, I'm on a group for people who are Childfree not by Choice, and I'm usually ok. I think my little moment would have passed yesterday, but someone noticed I looked a bit sad, and then I started getting all this sympathy and bang, I was gone.

I'll have a chat to my manager today, and if I can't last the day I'll go home. I'll see if I can have a couple of days next week.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:54 AM   #140  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Poor kykaree. You do sound a bit overwrought. You could perhaps have a good old rest at the weekend. See a film, lie on the sofa, nap a lot. Eat gingerbread men!

Baby things take AGES to sort out! I think mum still gets bummed out a bit and she's well past it now!

I had a good kickboxing sesh last night. I have a wierd ache in my tris/delts. I don't know exactly what it's from, and it's only in one arm But it's nice to be sore again! Also, my biceps have made a comeback after taking a week off to hide behind some flab

Oh and I had a brainwave about Kashi this morning. I put Kashi and porridge oats in a bowl with a few raisins and had it with cold milk. It was luvverly, like musli but without the sugar! And it's filled me up quite a bit too. It's a bit heavy on the carbs, but not too bad!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:14 AM   #141  
Consistency + Balance

Ky, the baby thing will always be a sad memory for you. I still get tearful about the PCOS stopping me from having a baby with the current Mr S, especially when other things are getting me down. Maybe you could do with another week off of strict dieting or ease up on the exercise a little.

Frus, I don't think there's anything I could do with Kashi which would make me like it I'm a bit bored with having cottage cheese for lunch so I'm trying something slightly different at today, 100g frozen mixed summer fruits (defrosted) and a chopped pear topped with 0 fat greek yoghurt mixed with toasted oats and flaked almonds. The supermarkets are catching on about the frozen berries/fruit thing. Sainsbury are discontinuing the Shearway brand and have brought out there own. Not only is it not so nice but they are charging the same for a 350g bag of blueberries as they used to charge for a 500g bag of Shearways blueberries. Rip off!

Would you believe it! My husband's daughter had a little girl on the last day of our holiday. (Mikayla Megan) DH put in for holiday at work so he can go and see them and was told that he can't have any time off until..... JUNE!!! AND that will only be granted if they aren't too busy at the time!!!! Then he said that he wouldn't be working overtime on his rest days next week (so he could go down to see them) and was told that because of the staff shortage that if he didn't work his rest days his actions would indicate a 'lack of commitment' on his part. Crazy situation!

On the dieting/exercise front - I had my free day yesterday, which shortened itself in to a free supper. After I had eaten 3 ounces of blue cheese and 9 Hovis crackers I felt really moby - I also felt a bit odd with not having had enough exercise. My legs kept feeling like they wanted to do something and I felt 'edgy' and pent up. Strange.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:20 AM   #142  
aka Superwoman!

Ahah! You're addicted to exercise now Sarah - no looking back!

That is crap about your hubby and his holidays. Some places are just like that! I don't know what you can do. They really shouldn't be expecting him to work his days off, I think he'd have a strong case if it got messy for any reason if he didn't work his days off.

I'm playing with web sites. I should be drawing stuff, but I don't want to It might be ok to leave it till Monday.. Or I might think about it more at the weekend. I am inclined to do some work tomorrow, because I don't do any when I'm actually AT work!
Old 03-10-2006, 06:26 AM   #143  
Consistency + Balance

I know I'm addicted to walking the dogs on the Moors. On Thursdays DH is forced to have a day off (because technically it would be his 8th shift in a week - and you can't work 8 days a week) - so we bundle the dogs in the car and go wherever he fancies taking them for a walk. Yesterday we went to some woods - nice, but it wasn't a very long walk.

I just can't get motivated to buckle down and do some work. I'm still on my Christmas break!!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 06:44 AM   #144  
aka Superwoman!

Yeah I think that's it! I made a new year's resolution to work more at work... Kinda happened! I'm still a big slacker though, although I think a few other people are too, so it's not that bad!

That potato gratin looks nice - I'd have to shove a load of bacon in it though! I might make it at the weekend.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:59 AM   #145  
Consistency + Balance

Sweet Potato Gratin's lovely - we eat loads of sweet potatoes. The gratin goes really well as a side dish with chicken, meat or fish. I never thought to put bacon actually in it because I usually make double the quantity and have it with different things - but I think it'd go well with crispy grilled smoked bacon bits in it.

I'm actually beginning to think that I've had it with eBay. I can't get any enthusiasm for it any more. I might have to get a proper job.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:09 AM   #146  
aka Superwoman!

Ah is that what you do... ebay seller? I see! I thought about that AS WELL as the proper job!
Old 03-10-2006, 09:08 AM   #147  
Consistency + Balance

Well... WAS an eBay seller is probably more accurate. It was fun to do as a hobby but its completely depressing to do it as a regular source of income unless you are okay with your own company day after day after day after day!

I've just had enough of the hassle - a lot has changed since the early days, especially the bookkeeping side of things. I thought it was bad enough doing the accounts for the Inland Revenue but when I turned over enough to register for VAT last December I was totally gobsmacked by the extra work involved. In particular I was very P'd off to have a visit from a exceptionally unpleasant VAT person just a couple of days before Christmas. Luckily my records were okay and I could account for all purchases and sales but OMG I felt so INVADED! I haven't listed anything for sale since.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:13 AM   #148  
aka Superwoman!

WOW! Enough for VAT! That's a lot of turnover My mum & dad aren't VAT registered on their little campsite yet!

It's mega windy here, blah! I don't fancy the ride home. I want chocolate! Don't worry, I won't be going out to the shop in this!
Old 03-10-2006, 09:24 AM   #149  
Consistency + Balance

Nooooooo.... don't get the choccie. Look at your sig: 'Eat rubbish, FEEL rubbish!'
Old 03-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #150  
aka Superwoman!

Nope I've had my pineapple bruise juice instead. It was yummy and satisfied the sweet craving! I'm actually feeling really full from my porridge, I'm just a bit bored!