UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:59 AM   #226  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Ack no wine!

I quite like the cherry diet coke, it's not as sweetie cherry as ordinary cherry coke. If you get what I mean!!

Just had another bagel with bits on! It was lovely! I'm so glad I'm eating toast again! I think I need some more Pepsi though!

Just 1 hour of stuff to go... Then if it snows tonight, we won't be going anyway!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:51 PM   #227  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I watched that programme last night, the sight of her thighs floating round in that swimming pool has sadly been stuck in my head today

Kyk, did you get to go shopping? How did it go? I went into George on the way home and tried on another dress. It completely flattened what I have left of a chest, so I didn't get it, but I was most impressed. I tried on the size 12 and it was a little baggy round the top, so I tried on the size 10... and it fit! I think it was partly because it had a big skirt so didn't need to fit over my tummy, but still. I nearly bought it just for that number! I've come to the conclusion that wrap over tops don't work on me though

Last edited by YP1; 03-14-2006 at 04:34 PM.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:01 PM   #228  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
Oooohhh, OOOOHHHHH! Coffee Pepsi - Two of my fav things in one drink!
I like the new Pepsi Cino... but it, to me just tastes like Vanilla coke? Maybe my taste buds are going wrong from all this salad i'm having! But it is extremely sweet tasting. I couldn't finish the can.

I do like the diet Cherry coke though. Just had a huge glass of it.
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:26 AM   #229  

I went to the Tafford Centre but I didn't shop

I wanted about four nice blouses/tops to get me through til June but everything was horizontal stripes or puffy sleeves or t-shirt material or old granny style. I couldn't see anything I liked at all. I tried on a few things, but nup, couldn't find a thing.

So the only thing I spent on was sushi for tea. I got a good walk though

I could have bought a nice outfit to wear to a wedding or something 10 times over, but could I find a nice decent top to wear with jeans????? Per Una at Marks was the closest at having anything nice, I'll go and try on there at the weekend perhaps, I had lost the will to live by the time I went there for the second time!!!

It's my late start today, I start at 10 and normally swim in the morning, but I have felt so tired this week, I thought I deserved a lie in, so I slept til 6.45, luxury!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:41 AM   #230  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

I agree Kyk - finding nice tops to wear with jeans is impossible at the moment - just when I've managed to get into my size 14 jeans I can't find anything decent to wear with them and I don't have the perky boobs and flat stomach to go topless !

Hope you enjoyed your lie-in,

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:39 AM   #231  

I really enjoyed my lie in, I slept really well. I needed that! I'm off to the gym tonight, and might swim too.

I'm going to go to the Marks and Spencer outlet near work and see if they have anything. I saw lots of stuff I like a few months ago, but wasn't in a size 18 then, so didn't go mad. I didn't want to buy stuff in a smaller size in case that was courting fate!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 05:55 AM   #232  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I've had it with buying clothes - I've bought some tops and undies off eBay but I'm going to wait until I've gone down at least another dress size before doing any serious shopping because I hate it when I buy something nice and then a week or two later it doesn't fit any more!

I mainly wear jeans and T shirts or jumpers and all but a couple of pairs of my jeans are size 22's being held up by a belt which is rapidly getting too big! Memo to self: buy a smaller belt. I don't get to see many people on a day to day basis and the dogs don't mind me looking like a bag-lady, so I'm happy just so long as I've got a couple of nice things to wear when we go out in the evenings. I've found a suitcase of size 16/18 stuff which I put away from the last time around and some of it is so old that it is fashionable (again) so it'll have to do until I find out what my end size is.

Strange, I've bagged up most of my 'big' stuff to give to the local charity shop - and I've got a few 18's and lots of 16's, a few 14's and some 10's but I haven't got any 20's or 12's! By the way, would anyone like a size 10 rara skirt or some nice size 18 goth type stuff??

I just saw the nurse who'll be doing our medicals next Thursday (she was walking her dog) - I asked her if she'd have a moan at Kevin about not exercising enough and she said she'd be more likely to moan at me about exercising too much!

Anyway - time to do some strength training.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:56 AM   #233  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=kykaree]I'm going to go to the Marks and Spencer outlet QUOTE]

Marks and Spencer has an OUTLET?? I think I must get to one when I come back to England! That was my favorite store!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:09 AM   #234  

I'll take you, it's on Salford Quays, about 5 minutes from my workplace. Very handy. They have an Elisabeth Claiborne outlet there too!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #235  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Oh how I miss M&S! I love their undies, every time I come home I stock up on them .

I'm feeling a bit homesick today .

Oh and we had an advertisement on telly last night during American Idol for coffee flavoured coke! I thought that was funny seeing as we've been talking about it here.

Last edited by LynneA; 03-15-2006 at 10:19 AM.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #236  
Consistency + Balance

Lynne Couldn't you plan a visit back home, it would give you something to look forward to? My sister used to find that having a visit planned helped with the homesickness - she lived in the Middle East for a total of about 10 years with one husband or another.

We've got an M&S Retail Outlet in Doncaster but I don't think I've ever been in there. I go to the normal M&S occasionally to buy food - I used to love their pies.

So much for having dinner out - DH has come home from work early feeling like He says he still wants to go out to eat but has fallen asleep on the sofa. This looks a little more serious than 'man flu'. In fact I can't remember a time in the last 10 years when he has had time off work through illness.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:31 AM   #237  
A Mighty Thump

I just went home this past christmas Sarah . Some days I feel like I haven't properly settled in over here.

Thanks for the though, here's one back for you .
Old 03-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #238  
Consistency + Balance

Yes, I sometimes feel a bit like that about Yorkshire - and its not even a different country!

Well.... even though you visited recently you can still plan your next trip. If you don't mind me asking, how did you end up in Tennessee? Is it where your husband/partner comes from?
Old 03-15-2006, 11:58 AM   #239  
A Mighty Thump

My husband is American and I moved over here for him. I was easier to relocate due to my job and tbh he didn't/doesn't have any desire to live in the UK. This will be my 4th year here. It's been really hard leaving friends/family so far behind.

I am planning another trip home in 2007, my mum is supposed to be coming to visit this September, we're in the process of getting flights sorted for her and my auntie. So I have that to look forward to .

Last edited by LynneA; 03-15-2006 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:36 PM   #240  
Gym'll fix it!!

Awwww theres no place like home even after twelve years I still feel the same and i've been going home twice a year for the past couple of years I miss my kids..miss my friends..miss going to the pub at the weekends I would move back home in a heartbeat would have to leave 'im indoors behind though he-he he would'nt move back ever!

Sarah Ann, Mrs Dash is only seasoning. I've got a jar in the cupboard..lemon and herb you can get other 'flavours' too
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote