3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Mad March Mutterings - the chat thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/77632-mad-march-mutterings-chat-thread.html)

kykaree 03-01-2006 01:40 AM

Mad March Mutterings - the chat thread

Woo hoo!!! I get to post the first March chatter, except I've already kinda done that coz I forgot it was March, silly me.

Dippy Chip 03-01-2006 02:55 AM

Are you an insomniac Kylie? :D

Brrrrr, lots of snow here. Hope that old March saying is true: In like a lion and out like a lamb...

Happy hump day, everyone!

Janey :carrot:

2frustrated 03-01-2006 04:18 AM

:wave:

Mum & Dad have lots of snow too... However it is very sunny today - so sunny I can't sleep in my bed because it's too bright and hot. :tantrum: And I'm STILL ill! BLAH!

We had pancakes last night yay! I am going to make myself a huge protein shake today with ice cream and bananas. I'm feeling horrible and not at all like eating anything (apart from crisps :o )

I'm watching Eddie Izzard, bless him! Cheering me up :D

White rabbits, white rabbits and hares hares hares! ;)

kykaree 03-01-2006 05:24 AM

Poor frus!

No insomnia, I get up at 5.45 each morning, then leave the house by 7 to get my public transport to work, have to allow 2 hours!!!

I'm off to the gym tonight, I missed it yesterday, but I have taken Frus descent into over training as an apocrophyl tale and am religiously taking two non-training days a week. Tuesday or Thursday and Saturday or Sunday.

I was too late for this month to subscribe to Runners World, so I bought that today, as well as a weight training mag I had never seen before, my treats for not eating empty calories so far this week. I keep eating stuff like mini rice cakes and seasons and low fat packaged cakes which are fine, but unnecessary - no nutrition.

I'm gonna beat this non-plateau!!

2frustrated 03-01-2006 06:37 AM

I've had a big ole protein shake with ice cream and bananas :D

I'm fancying cookies... :lol: Although I might go back to bed!

Kykaree you will bust your plateau! :carrot:

Dippy Chip 03-01-2006 07:52 AM

Yum, Frus, your shake sounds scrummy.

Yep, Kylie, that plateau's days are numbered!

Janey :hug:

kykaree 03-01-2006 08:03 AM

It's not a real plateau, the scales are just being stupid. I have lost a dress size, so something is going on in this body of mine. But I don't think my laxity on the calorie side and my lack of incidental exercise during the day is helping. So I am addressing both those things, and maybe we'll see a change!!!

peacock 2 03-01-2006 08:11 AM

It might be bright out here in West London but blimey it is perishing! No wonder I am eating for England - I am obviously about to hibernate!!!!

YP1 03-01-2006 01:29 PM

No snow here, but very cold. I'm going to have to force myself to leave the house for yoga later, not looking forward to the walk to the gym, even if it is only about 200 metres!

Can't believe you're still ill, Frus. Maybe I should take some days off exercise just in case ;) I'm still only running short and slow, weights tomorrow then I'll try something longer on Friday or at the weekend when I have more time.

I think I might run the Blackpool half marathon even though it's only a week before the Capital 10k. Based on my recovery this time I reckon I should be able to back up OK. I want to do a couple more halves before the real thing and there aren't that many that work with other stuff I have planned so I might just go for that one.

Homersmummy 03-01-2006 08:40 PM

We had snow. :) Only settled a bit. All gone now. :(

Weigh in tomorrow. I don't think I will be coming away a happy bunny.

Results tomorrow... no today! ;)

Mands xx

kykaree 03-02-2006 12:55 AM

We had a wee bit, it's settled, and probably now all iced over.

I'm off to work in a minute, I get my measurements done today, lucky me!!!

I could eat for Britain this morning. I went to the gym last night, and I can't eat befoer having electrical impedence fat measurement done (I have sneaked a :cb: in though. I'll get breaky at work.

I'm having my relaxation week starting today. Last time, I lost weight in my relaxation week :dizzy:

2frustrated 03-02-2006 03:42 AM

:wave:

I'm back at work... ugh!

Feeling marginally better, however I'm still a bit off food, even though I managed to eat a whole HUGE bag of posh crisps yesterday and half a macaroni cheese... Mmmmm comfort food ;)

Going up North on Friday night - can't wait, I just hope I'm better! We'll be clubbing and things :D :D

I'm feeling really pudgy without exercise, it feels like my muscles have atrophied big time! I bet that's the weakness of the virus talking!! Anywho, I'd best get on with all that stuff that I came into work to do!!

kykaree 03-02-2006 05:00 AM

I'm glad your feeling a bit better. Reintroduce the exercise slowly, don't go all hammer and tongs back into it Missus!

Don't forget to look for my black trousers, I am definitely an 18 now.

I had a funny NSV yesterday. I went to buy running stuff yesterday and picked up a long sleeved top, a tank top and some shorts. All in an eighteen, or so I thought, until I got home and saw that the long sleeved top was a 16.

I thought I'd try it on before taking it back, and it fits perfectly with a bit of room in it, not skin tight or anything.

Col saw me in it and cried! "you look normal!" he said. And I am beginning to feel normal!!! It's dawning on me, I'm not morbidly obese anymore.

Homersmummy 03-02-2006 05:41 AM

Half a pound on. :( It's what I expected though. No, actually I expected more of a gain, being that TOM. Have to nuckle down this week.

Mands xx

kykaree 03-02-2006 06:02 AM

That's pretty good really, considering the pace of your loss, and that time of the month and all that. I'm sure it'll be better next week.