UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-08-2006, 05:12 AM   #91  

I dithched the Kashi and went back to the porridge this morning. I'm still hungry!!! I've been swimming this morning, it was lovely, and am going again tomorrow morning.

Nothing exciting to report, just another work day, sigh.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:27 AM   #92  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

You might want to try an omlette for breakfast? Fills me up! Try omlette with a little bit of cheese and some veggies. That little bit of fat might be what you need. Do you drink plenty in the morning? I find I get dehydrated and that can make me think I'm hungry!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:07 AM   #93  

I'm a bad girl, I don't drink enough in the morning, and I should try having more protein for breakfast!!! But I can't face an omlette at 5.30am, and Col would murder me for cooking at that hour!!!

I'll try and be better!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:38 AM   #94  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Ohhhhh - rumble, rumble - this thread is making me hungry today. I've got avocado, cottage cheese, raspberries and a big salad for my lunch today.

Kylie, how about making a frittata the day before and have it cold for brekkie. Frittata is a Monday thing in my house. My shopping is usually delivered on Tuesdays - so on Mondays (if I've got a fridge full of odd bits of veg and deli that we haven't eaten during the week) I make a huge frittata. Apart from the leftovers I usually dump in some strong cheese, onions, peppers, garlic, chopped sundried tomatoes, hot paprika, mixed herbs and 8 or 9 eggs. We eat it for brekkie, lunch or dinner (whenever) and Kevin takes some to work for his packed lunch for a couple of days. It usually works out at about one and a half eggs per portion. Economical and yummy!

I've been reading about that high intensity interval training thing - so I thought I'd try it out on the exercise bike - I'm feeling all wobbly now, like Bambi! Its not so much the high intensity bit thats a problem (I expected to feel wiped out during that bit), nor is it actually using the bike at normal (for me) exercise levels - the problem came when I try to recover from the high intensity interval while still exercising at a normal level. Perhaps I'm too old for this!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:41 AM   #95  
aka Superwoman!

I don't really like eggs in the morning, and I think that's why they fill me up!!! I'm too busy trying not to throw up to bother about feeling hungry ALSO you could try those protein pancakes, 1/2 C CC, 1/2 C oats, 2 egg whites. You can cook a batch and freeze em then just micro them with some fruit et voila! They might fill you up more. Or try having a protein shake with porridge.

I'm really laughing at my food today... I'm trying to have no refined foods, but I've had rye bread instead of white bread (not bad at all so that's a good thing) but then DF bought pizza, so that's dinner tonight, then the costco shopping's just been done, so we have danish pastries in the kitchen! I just had half a custard one! I'm an idiot! But I enjoyed it and I'm still under 1700kcals for the day including pizza and danish!

Sarah - I am MEGA impressed at your HIIT AND Dog walking in one day!! Are you BFL-ing?
Old 03-08-2006, 06:46 AM   #96  

I adore rye bread, but can't find a decent one, except at a health food shop in Hebden Bridge. I like my rye bread dark, heavy and full of caraway seeds, yum!!!

I bought some granny smith apples the other day, and just had one, lovely!!!!

Not sure what's on our menu for lunch, it's curry day, so I normally avoid that, we have three other hot choices, then theres baked spuds and various fillings, or cold poached fish and salad.

I love fritatta, but I don't know if I could do that for breakfast!!! I'll give it a try. I'll try and get more organised!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:49 AM   #97  
aka Superwoman!

Why does it taste of baking soda though? I've got one with sunflower seeds in, I can get it in Tesco and Waitrose round here.

I'm having porridge with an egg for lunch and probably a pepsi max!

Oh and a thing about drinking your water, kyk. Have you tried drinking squash? I've just sent the man (at work) out to Costco to buy loads of concentrate and a crate of Pepsi Max for me I will be sloshing around like a goodun!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:55 AM   #98  

I do drink squash, but I can't face it of a morning!!! LOL I like the grapefruit one from Tesco the best, but I hardly ever get to Tesco. I find English bread very different to Aussie bread, and I really miss it. We seem to get more choice in Oz, it tastes fresher and nicer.

I don't know why yours tastes of soda, that's just weird!!! Is it yeast free?

I had a such a lovely swim, I wish I could do that every day. I can go tomorrow though. It really sets me up for the day.

It'll be interesting to see what my weigh in is like on Thursday/Friday. I have been on my free week, and have been quite good, nowhere near as bad as I could have been!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 07:10 AM   #99  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Ky - You can make frittata the day before and keep it in the fridge - it lasts about 3 days. If you want you can give it a little nuke in the microwave to make it warm before you eat it.

Have you tried Lidl for rye bread? My local one has got 3 different flavours - I like rye bread with cream cheese and fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
Sarah - I am MEGA impressed at your HIIT AND Dog walking in one day!! Are you BFL-ing?
Hmmmmmm! I don't think I've got the dedication to do BFL entirely but from what I've read it makes good sense. Using your link I started off with Skwigg's blog and moved on to John Hussman's website about it. www hussmanfitness org/ (fill in the gaps with dots) and I've ordered the BFL book from Amazon.

I thought I would give the BFL rotating exercise theory a try out. I have to walk the dogs every day so I've increased my speed to get a more aerobic workout. I tried to add in some jogging/running to try out HIIT but the dogs REALLY hate it when I run so I abandoned that idea! Today was my first attempt at it on the exercise bike. I'm aiming to rotate HIIT with weight training on alternate days. I'm definitely sleeping well! Are you doing BFL? Is anyone else??
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:00 AM   #100  
aka Superwoman!

I'm a loose BFLer but I'm mainly doing what skwigg describes for her martial arts training now. I don't want to shred my muscles so badly that I can't fight the next day and I don't want to eat so much protein that it compromises my energy levels.

I'm doing the Frus/skwigg plan really

There's a lot of sense behind the HIIT it increases your metabolism both while you workout and for hours afterwards. In fact, it increases your metabolism for longer during rest than any other workout (I suppose excluding weight training, but that's due to something else ).

As for other people doing BFL, you might want to check out the ladies who lift forum (I think it's under exercise), most of them started out on BFL but are now hardcore lifters
Old 03-08-2006, 09:14 AM   #101  

I'm glad my birthday is over! I could barely move last night I'd eaten so much My brother came (he lives in Manc) that was the best bit.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:29 PM   #102  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Glad you had a good time, food doesn't count on your birthday

I feel very proud of myself today, I went to a seminar after work with a buffet. I expected it to be before, but it was after, I went into the room with the food, looked at it, decided I could make something tastier and healthier at home and walked out again! There were cakes and everything!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:44 PM   #103  

I was good today too I really wanted a takeaway with chips but was good and saved myself a fiver and a few inches on the thighs by making a quick dish of tomato noodles with quorn, peppers and onions in soy sauce and it was yummy yum
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:58 PM   #104  

Takeaways are bad things I wish I hadn't had one yesterday I really could not move.

I'm trying to decide if I want to see Will Young in September I can not decide. I may just get a ticket then sell it if I can't be bothered going. I have no one to go with anyway. Shut up me!
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #105  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

D-day tomorrow. *shudders*
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote