UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:57 PM   #241  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'm back from yoga, I missed last week and will probably miss next week so dragged myself there so I don't get out of the habit. I'm quite glad I did, I really felt the stretches a lot more this week as though I'm getting the poses better, and I'm definitely more flexible than when I started, my hamstrings are usually too tight to touch my toes with all my running, but today I found it surprisingly easy. Maybe it's because I've cut my mileage?

I did run this morning though, until the fire alarm went off 5.5k into my run. I was very proud of myself though when, after shivering outside for 10 minutes in shorts I went back into the gym and ran another 2k.

(by the way, does anyone else find themselves typing :swearword: instead of : censored : by mistake and hastily going back to change it?!)

I'm swimming in the morning I think, so I hope the fire alarm doesn't go off again. The world isn't ready for me in a bikini standing on a street corner in the (potential) snow! I've got all my food ready for Spanish night tomorrow, I can't believe how organised I've been getting recently!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #242  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Weigh in tomorrow. EEK!
I've been bloody good this week, filling up on free foods, but I bet I haven't lost much... if at all.
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:06 PM   #243  

Even if you haven't lost tomorrow you have still done fantastic.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:42 AM   #244  

Hello all. The gods of shopping were looking after me the day before yesterday. I popped into Debenhams on the way home yesterday, they were having 20% off all clothing!!! I found three nice tops at Principles, that came home with me!!! And because of the sale, I still have some more pennies left, and will go and have another look tonight.

I posted in support about my crisis last week. I have discovered the problem, it's my schedule. I am exhausted, and feeling guilty because I am neglecting Colin and my friends. I just can't keep sustaining it and something has to give.

Go and read it and help me!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 02:46 AM   #245  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello all!

Did you miss me?

I was in Leek, near Stoke on Trent. Oh and I was in Stoke on Trent in a traffic jam for about 20 years! We went to see Tilly the ballerina - she is so amazing! She was dancing in the new frame we made for her, there wasn't a dry eye in the house! I'm so pleased that it's finally working! We just need to spruce it up a bit and paint it pink and it's all ready for the media extravaganza that will come with the delivery of it!

I had a stuff your face day yesterday! I was majorly stressed, then we didn't have lunch till 4.30pm, which was fish and chips! Then I had hot chocolate fudge cake in a little chef!

Back to it today, although I still want to carry on eating! I'm going to do some tidying and pop into town since I've got the morning off. We didn't get back to work till 8pm!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:26 AM   #246  
1SwissChick

S/C/G: 330/241/165

I just miss Evans knickers I've been known to stop at every Evans between Liverpool Airport and Cumbria trying to find the type I like.

I've been out of the UK for 18 years so I'm used to it. Of course, it's easier for me as I can fly to the UK for the day these days with Easyjet. I've been known to get the first flight to Luton on a Saturday morning and still be home in Switzerland for tea and all for £20 return.

Sometimes I don't even feel like I'm out of the UK. Just in a French-speaking part of it. I work at the UN so every nationality under the sun is represented and no one feels 'foreign' because we're all foreign.

Personally, I blame SKY TV *shhhh* You really feel away from home when you're talking on the phone to your best friend in Hereford while both watching Strictly Come Dancing at the same time and making sarky comments.

I'm sorry to the people who haven't settled overseas yet. I know it must be hard. I think I had a head start in that I spent from age 18 to 27 desperately planning my escape to more exciting climes (which I never did find ).
JennyJuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:37 AM   #247  

Evans knickers huh? They do have a website but not sure if they deliver to Switzerland or not..... worth a try! Or I guess your friend could hunt them down in return for giant toberlerone bars!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 02:09 PM   #248  

I just watched fat pets (chan 4 Wednesday), those poor things, poor fat doggies

I need some healthy food to take to fat club next week... help meeee I need something no one else will take I can only think of cold cous cous or houmous and something. Umm............. has to be veggie as well obviously so if no one else eats it I can!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:38 PM   #249  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

You could take some beany muffins - they sound tasty and there's a link to them here...though I haven't actually made them yet and they could be horrible . I'm not a great one for cooking - I reached my culinary peak with chocolate rice crispy cakes when I was 5...you could always take some of those and pretend they were diet food!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:14 PM   #250  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie
Even if you haven't lost tomorrow you have still done fantastic.
Well, seems my good wasn't good enough! I did bloody good this week. But put ON 2 and a half lb! I am so so upset about that. I think it didn't help that I was having to come home on a few nights and eat... I figured there would be stuff in work, but there wasn't.

Oh well, i've been warned not to give up. I won't, it's just got me down a bit.

I'll get there!
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 07:02 PM   #251  

Don't give up, that's what I did! I lost 3 stone plus then didn't lose for ages and struggled, instead of staying I left and gained. I really could slap myself!
Old 03-17-2006, 02:33 AM   #252  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Veg and Homersmummy - be a little kinder to yourselves! You should be proud that despite your setbacks you're still here and still plugging away at it - and there's always tomorrow! There's plenty of nasty folks out there just waiting to slap other people down and make them feel bad - don't pre-empt them by beating yourself up too!

You'll get there!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:34 AM   #253  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default Full of woe!

for Veg & Mands, you'll get there

I'm very definitely full of woe. Some *******'s nicked my bike cover... for the second time. I'm if I'm replacing it> I'm not supplying the whole of North Finchley with motorcycle covers, whatever the **** they are doing with them.

Then my bestest wierdest friend can't come to my wedding. Thanks.

Oh and I'm doing my red belt test tomorrow
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:08 AM   #254  

Oh no, I've stolen your good day. I went swimming this morning, had the whole of the pool to myself, it was lovely. And then Col happened to be in Bury the same time as me so we travelled in together!! And we're travelling home together tonight.

And I weighed in at gym and I'm the same weight as last week, which is a huge achievement!!! I have been really relaxed with my food and not as strict with my exercise, and I'm really clear now what I have been doing wrong, so my last relaxed day is today and I'll get back on the path tomorrow.

I've pretty much decided I'm going to try one strict week then one relaxed week for the next 6 weeks and see if any weight shifts.

Good luck for your red belt tomorrow.

And grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and much bad karma to the motorbike cover thiefs
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:11 AM   #255  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Hi Peeps - sorry not to have been around too much. I've DH at home here with a heavy cold which, he keeps telling me, is bird flu!

To everyone who had a nasty experience on the scales this week. I think we've all been there and done that - but you know that you've done the very best you can and that is what counts.

Have you ever noticed that its the naturally slender people who feel they are qualified to give dieting advice? My new neighbour stopped me this morning when I was on my way back in with the woofers and told me that I'm over-doing it!! Huh?? DH has told her about my walking, dieting and weight training and she said that at my age I ought to relax and learn to live with what God has given me. I was so GOBSMACKED that perhaps I was a little less than tactful when I told her it was none of her business and I would appreciate it if she would keep her thoughts to herself! Life is so not fair, she watches 18 hours of TV a day, has a constant diet of fatty foods and takeaways and their recycle bin is full of beer cans and wine bottles - and is a trim size 10!

My new swimming cossie arrived! I bought a size 20 and its a little on the large size. That's the problem in buying mail order, the things take so long to arrive. Ky has inspired me and I was planning to have a regular lunchtime swim at the nearest swimming pool which is about three miles away. The only problem is that there isn't a direct bus route, so I will have to walk there and walk back. I'm not sure how much energy I would have left for swimming after an 8 mile walk with the dogs and a 6 mile return trip to the swimming pool!

Ky, that weekly cycling sounds like a good plan. Are you zig-zagging? I find it really helps with my energy levels.

Isn't it nice to have a 'date' with your other half. My DH and I decided a while back that we should try to have one night a week when we go out on a 'date' on our own. We usually end up going fo a meal out but on one very memorable occasion last summer we hadn't planned anything and I thought he'd forgotten until almost bedtime when he told me to get in the car and he took me for a midnight picnic on the nearest beach (45 minutes away).

Frus, is there any way of running an alarm band thing around your bike when its got the cover on it? I used to have an alarm thingy that went right around the bike and sat on top of the seat - it was a pain in the rear end to keep setting it but it did stop it (and the accessories) getting nicked. It was the one night I forgot to set it that the thieving stole it!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote