UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 09:17 AM   #211  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks Ali, I think I am back on track, and what you say is soooooooooo true I know. I just needed some help to tell me what I already know. Am eating melon for my brekky now and plan on getting on the trampoline after, and I'm feeling good Thanks again for your support.
Chris. x
Old 08-27-2002, 01:10 PM   #212  
Theres no stopping me now

Have managed one reasonable good day - lost count of the number of cals last night. But then I got up for a drink in the middle of the night and finished off the cheese in the fridge - am not buying any more so the cheese demons can't shout for me from the fridge.

Today I have been an angel and intend on staying that way. I have just had a tin of butter beans - can't resist them. Comes in at 210 cals for the whole tin, I could have had a cuppa soup but would have had bread with that too and that would have been a lot more cals by the time I finished.

Am having a chinese chicken drumstick with salad when Ray comes in from work in about 3 hours, so everytime I feel pekish between now and then I'll just need to remember the butter beans.

Am so determind today that I will finish up under 1500 cals

Have been drinking too much diet coke recently. used to only have a couple of glasses a night, but now it's more like the 1.5 litre bottle - need to get back to my water drinking in the house as well as at work.

Had a brillant day at work today. the project manager - whom I used to admire - is on holiday and has dumped a load of rubbish on us. But one of the other women has picked up the threads and we will have a load of things implemented by the time she gets back from holiday. The more we do now the sooner I can start working in Stirling and walking at lunchtimes - feel very motivated at the moment

Will stop rambling now and go do the ironing - such a wonderous task. I have to do it early or find excuses to not do it all night

Speak to later, when I have less to say
Old 08-27-2002, 07:51 PM   #213  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Hi everyone

Chris you are right...I think we all know what we should do, but when we tell ourselves it is like a licence to just ignore it...when we hear someone else tell us the same things we already know...or in this case...see them type it, it seems to hit home more...you just hang in there girl I know you can do it

well done on being an angel today Carol I hope you did keep it up.
I hear what you say about the cheese demons...in my case it is potato salad demons at the moment...my husband makes the most delicious potato salad....we went to a birthday party on saturday and he made some to take ...he also made some for himself which he overdid and there are still 2 dishfulls of it in the fridge....I have to hold my breath every time I open the fridge door....just one sniff of it and I know it would be in my mouth before I could blink....I swear if he doesn't eat it all by tomorrow...or take it to work with him I am definitely going to have to feed it to the dog

Ali
Old 08-27-2002, 09:21 PM   #214  
Slow and steady

Hey girls, how is everyone doing? I have a quick question which I think has been answered before and I will go and look at other threads, but before I do I'll ask anyhow. How do we get to put a pic by our name? I finally found a pic I want to put up and can't fathom how to do it.
Any help would be much appreciated .
Old 08-27-2002, 09:54 PM   #215  
Slow and steady

Ok, I am a really clever bu**er I will say cos I fathomed this one out as well.however, it's not the pic I want there, but I liked it to have for now as I do like a beach.
I'll see if I can add my own later....
Old 08-28-2002, 03:37 AM   #216  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Default Helen and shell

Just wanted to say hello to helen and shell..........
HELLLOOOOOOOOO!!!
Welcome aboard to both of you, this site is really great please don't disappear people here really keep you going when the going gets tough.................hello to everybody else too and thanks for being here when i need you!!
I am taking my mam home to Barnsley today and am coming back tomorrow, I will not eat choc when travelling...or owt else for that matter.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:18 AM   #217  

Quote:
Originally posted by BritinNJ
Ok, I am a really clever bu**er I will say cos I fathomed this one out as well.however, it's not the pic I want there, but I liked it to have for now as I do like a beach.
I'll see if I can add my own later....
Clever clogs!
Old 08-28-2002, 10:30 AM   #218  
Slow and steady

Thanks...
Old 08-28-2002, 10:32 AM   #219  

Sort of
Old 08-28-2002, 10:57 AM   #220  
Slow and steady

the cheek! LOL!
Old 08-28-2002, 01:06 PM   #221  

Default Re: Helen and shell

Quote:
Originally posted by tupperware queen
I will not eat choc when travelling...or owt else for that matter.
Did you manage to avoid it ? Money on you did. Am off to Dundee tomorrow and the guy I am travelling with will be starving halfway there - it is only a 90 minute drive. So he'll up with a roll from somewhere and a full fat coke - me though will be sticking to the diet coke and no roll.

Managed to stay on plan yesterday almost . had 1725 calories instead of my aim of 1500, but it is much better than I have been for a long time and at least I didn't stop counting halfway through the day. Today has been really good so far as well, tonight I take the boys swimming and we'll all have chips when we come out, have already counted the chips in and am still left with a couple of hundred cals for something else tonight.

Will be weighing in first thing tomorrow morning, Had two really good days and a couple of not so bad but also had a couple of disasterous days - tomorrow morning will tell
Old 08-29-2002, 01:13 PM   #222  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Smile I did it.........

.........I really managed the drive without any choc or other rubbish. we stopped off at a retail park near Leicester and I had a M&S count on us chilli beef wrap with a diet drink and felt bloody angelic!!
Harry is at his Nan and Grandads until the weekend so i travelled home alone with lots of sweets and a pack of 9 triple choc Twix bars.............I put them in the boot so i could not scoff!!

I am a saint, now long may it continue!!

I haven't got into the weight watchers diet at all this week I havent even read the books etc that i was given, I have just tried to eat 3 meals a day and not too much rubbish. Must give the pure points a fair trial next week, keeping everything crossed for Saturdays weigh in , TQ.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:23 PM   #223  

Well done TQ you did it - you have more will power than me.

I managed to avoid the goodies in Dundee but the muchies are in my house tormenting me to eat. There are 2 bounties in the fridge for the boys play pieces, just need to keep telling myself they are the boys and then I won't eat them. It really is a case of mind over matter and my mind is set

Am very tired - not sleeping well - think it has been to warm. But it is a bit cooler today, so when the boys go to bed I'll have a tepid bath and flow them. Ray can fend for hisself when he gets in for work, he's heeps big enough
Old 08-30-2002, 08:57 PM   #224  
Slow and steady

HI all, well after yesterdays surprise loss of two pounds I daren't step on the scales after today. It was our anniversary today and we headed off to the British pub we've found. I didn;t know what to order...but ended up with steak and muchroom pie...HUGE pastry top on it, but it did come with a salad so I suppose that's good....
Dave had Cod and Chips which I had a few bites of cod and both the kids ordered banger's mash and beans, so I had a tiny taste of a proper British sausage..... I was in heaven...
We had to have dessert too, bread pudding no less....mouth watering.......it's been so long since I've seen any of this food let alone eaten it, so like I said before, I won't be hurrying to step on the scales...LOL!
But I will be back on track come tomorrow and it was all worth it cos we've had a lovely day....hope you all have a lovely weekend. tata for now...
Chris. x
Old 08-31-2002, 02:52 AM   #225  

Today is a new day as they say - have been so tired this week I haven't been up to anything. Ray is working long shifts 7 days a week so there is no help from him, the house looks likea bomb has hit it. If the environmental health came round my kitchen would be shut down, as for the bathroom !!!!! The boys spend most of their time playing in the burn up from the house and have a bath everynight, but after all the rain yesterdy think I have about a ton of mud inthe bottom of the bath. Washing ! forgot domestic think chinese laundry and then your closer to the amount I need to do. So my mission for today is to tidy the lot up and stay on program. Am thinking about making a pizza later - used to do it years ago when I had more time. Really need to sit down and plan what I am going to eat over the next week - is the only way I will stick to it.

How manay calories does housework burn ?

Tonight we're of to the pictures to see spy kids2, that's if the boys aren't out playing at time. Thier social life is much better than mine !!!
Closed Thread