UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 04:09 PM   #151  

Me too I miss them all glad TQ is back soon
Old 08-12-2002, 10:00 PM   #152  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Just a quick question...does the colour fo your car mean something about you?
Old 08-13-2002, 06:32 AM   #153  

Hi all

It feels good to be back. I popped on to see how you're all doing and it seems like you've missed me like I've been missing you guys. I went on holiday for a couple of weeks and then been having problems with the computer - DH swears he's fixed it. I gained 6lbs on holiday, I know thats pretty bad but I joined WW 2 weeks ago and lost 3lbs the first week and its weigh in tomorrow so we'll see how I've done. I was a bit down I'd gained 6lbs but I was 18.4 on Jan 1st and I'm now 17.2 (as of this morning) so I've not done toooooooo badly, have I?

I got the local college booklet thingy through this morning - I'm going to pop in today and join the low impact aerobics and body tone and stretch starting in September - my youngest is going to nursery 3 days per week - YIPPEE. Our neighbours want us to join the gym in the hotel up the road - it's expensive but could possibly be worth it, (cheaper if we all join together) I think I remember Ali saying she goes to a gym does anybody have any advice - would it make me more bulky? or would it actually help with weight loss?

I did hear once on the radio that the colour of your car said something about you - probably that you like that colour!!

Are we doing the weekly weigh in that Sarah started. Where is Sarah?
Old 08-13-2002, 07:52 AM   #154  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Delaney,
Nice to see you back. Well done on the weight drop, forget about the gain before, it's all past history. Good luck for the next weigh in. Hope you had a good holiday. I am desperate for a holiday but I don't think it'll be happening this year, just some day trips... work is getting in the way between me and hub and spare days.
I went to the gym last year before I started work and felt fantastic, not only did it help me shed those pounds, the firming up of the flab felt wonderful, I am trying to schedule it back into my life again now, I need to try harder though, and I seem to spend most of my free time seeing doctor's for something or not....
Anyhoo, have a great day.....
Old 08-13-2002, 09:50 AM   #155  

Welcome back Delaney
Old 08-13-2002, 02:50 PM   #156  
Theres no stopping me now

Welcome back Delaney. Going to the gym would be brillant - it will do you good and firm up those muscles and lose the fat. Am jealous - think I have said that on all my posts tonight

We are doing the weight thread think we're on thread 9, post your losses there and I'll add them in next Monday. I've taken over Sarahs mathematicians (sp) roll temporarily until she comes back -(soon please)

I would love to have time to go the gym, but find that work interfers with the spare time I could have while the boys are at school. Only 6 days until school starts - HURRAY !!!!!!!!!!!! Sean is desperate to go back and Steve is just starting and looking forward to it. 7 weeks of holidays are far too long.

Best go and try and get organised for another day - have spent an uneventful two days on the service desk answering the phone and logging calls. Was fun to talk to everybody but challenging it wasn't - am glad to get back to my 2nd job tomorrow. Will be back in my own job on Friday - confused I am every morning I wake up and have to try and remember where I am going and what I will be doing there.

No wonder I am stressed.
Old 08-13-2002, 03:00 PM   #157  
Theres no stopping me now

HAPPY 1000 POSTS TO ME
Old 08-13-2002, 03:16 PM   #158  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Welcome back Delaney it's great to see you again. we all missed you
I think everyone else has already said it, but going to the gym would definitely help you lose the weight and tone up and so long as you don't overdo the weights you wont bulk out, you will just tone.
I sympathise with you all that can't find the time to get to the gym because of work, I have been finding it difficult over the past few weeks to get there regularly, but as I now have pretty much all the equipment at home that I use there I am doing ok, In fact I probably get a better work out at home because I don't have to wait around for the equipment. I usually spend about 3 hours at the gym, but half of that time is probably spent waiting to use stuff or chatting, when I am at home I work out for 3 hours solid with no distractions and no waiting around.. I still like to go on saturday and sunday tho just to keep up with all the friends I've made there.
I had a great weekend up in Glasgow, but I have to admit I couldn't wait to get home, sad isn't it..the reason was I was missing my workouts...
I was good with my eating tho and I can't wait for this weeks weigh in, it seemed really strange not being weighed last week. I'm sure it is just because that final goal is so close now and I am so impatient to get there, even though over the past few weeks I have been having small losses and staying the same, I still like to get weighed. I am always disappointed when that happens, but I will still keep plugging away and I know I will get there soon.

Sorry we couldn't meet up last weekend Carol, but it was a bit short notice after all...a friend of mine up there is due to have a baby in 10 weeks time so hopefully I will be up again before christmas, I'll let you know in plenty of time when I am coming and hopefully we will be able to get together then.

I think it is time to stop wearing my wedding and engagement rings until I reach my final target and have them made smaller. I was in the supermarket earlier and reached into the freezer to get something and watched them slide off my finger. the problem was the freezer was so deep I couldn't reach them and I had to go and ask one of the shelf stackers to come and get them for me...I picked the tallest one I could find and he couldn't reach them either. he ended up going to get the manager who was 6ft 4 to get them..it was very embarrassing, but very funny

day off work tomorrow and I am going to get up early and work out and I think I will take myself off swimming in the afternoon if I get a chance

hope you are all having a good day ...don't work too hard tomorrow

Ali
Old 08-13-2002, 03:16 PM   #159  

Congrats Carol

6 DAYS till school? Thats early back isn't it I wish all the little brats round here would go back
Old 08-13-2002, 04:48 PM   #160  

Just in case anyone missed this.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=18945
Old 08-14-2002, 06:39 AM   #161  

Thanks for that note Veggie - not sure what a bookmark is though...

Thank you all for welcoming me back - I've been sitting here reading your posts with a big grin on my face

After a lot of yakking about it this afternoon DH and myself are off to join the gym, I have to admit at just over 17 stone I am worried that the staff may look at me like I'm going to break the machines!! I have been told its very friendly and there are some overweight people who go, it also has a swimming pool, I hope I feel brave enough to go and have a swim - I do enjoy it but don't like the walk to and from the changing rooms. A neighbour is watching the sprogs for me, may not come back..... the little darlings are driving me crackers - they don't go back until the 5th September (or something like that). I'm running out of ideas for the 7 year old - we've painted, gone to the park, been over to friends and had them here - she's now talking of a sleep over....

Ali - wow 3 hours in the gym - I don't think I could manage 20 mins at the moment!! I was interested to read that you were good at the w/end when you were away - I've realised recently that I dread the w/ends when I'm dieting because that is my downfall, so last week I went to M&S and got some of their 'count on us' range and DH and I were good because it was yummy and good for us. Definitely going to do that regularly.

Better go the kids are in the garden and screaming at something, probably a fly!!!
Old 08-14-2002, 08:09 AM   #162  

Bookmarks are favourites you got that on your browser if it says 3fatchicks.com your ok if its under a IP address it will be a load of numbers I think!
Old 08-14-2002, 03:52 PM   #163  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Hi everyone

Delaney...don't let being just over 17 stone put you off going to the gym...I joined the gym back in November and I weighed 17 stone 5lbs....I took my son to his Thai Boxing class and sat in the reception for over an hour trying to pluck up the courage to go and ask how much it was to join the gym...I was cewrtain everyone there would take one look at me including the staff and think Oh my god look at the size of her...but it wasn't a bit like that...the staff are all so friendly and can't do enough to help...as for the people at the gym...most of them are very friendly and chatty....they are all there for pretty much the same reason to get fit and healthy, some of them also to lose weight, but the main thing is everyone is more interested in what they are doing for themeselves, they don't have the time to spend looking at anyone else..and yes there are a few poers there, but again they are more interested in how good they think they look and think everyone else should be looking at them that they too don't have the time to look at anyone else.
So go for it and good luck, I'm sure once you have gone a few times you will realise it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. More to the point when you start seeing the results, you will feel great. the other good thing is you will have your hubby there with you too so that is also good at least you will have someone there to talk to that you know.
I can also assure you too Delaney that when I first started at the gym I only did 20 minutes a time and part of that was waiting for equipment, but it is amazing how quickly your stamina builds up....after 3 hours working out now I have just started to break a sweat, back then, just thinking about the workout had me sweating buckets never mind doing it

well better run...lots to do before morning...I'm on countdown now for my 2 weeks off, it can't come quickly enough

Ali
Old 08-15-2002, 05:08 AM   #164  

Thanks for that Veg

Well we joined the gym and for £40 per year the kids can go to the pool whenever they like (apparently its never busy) plus it costs £5 a week when DH takes them on a Sunday, so we're joining them up too as its closer than the regular very busy pool and hopefully it will send them the right messages about staying fit and active. Ali I can't wait 'till I can manage 3 hours in the gym - mind you I'd better get my induction over with first

What you planning on doing with your 2 weeks off Ali?

Went to WW last night ON MY BIKE yes, I cycled the mile there got weighed (only lost 1lb but my scales say 3!!!!!!!!!!!) anyway cycled back and my flippin' chain came of - managed to fix it - must have looked a right idiot by the side of the road with my helmet on bending over my bike trying to look like I knew what I was doing The ride felt quite easy which was surprising but my bums killin' me this morning...

Have a good one - looks like the weathers going to be nice today.
Old 08-15-2002, 05:26 AM   #165  

Good weather? I dont see any! I have no food till tesco.com come and Im puppy sitting she is whining at least SHE had food.
Closed Thread