UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 06:07 AM   #286  
Theres no stopping me now

Just a quick hello before I head off to York. Am quite looking forward to it, has been years since I have been away by myself - without the kids and Ray, a couple of friends from work are coming down to the conference to.

Am going to start keeping a jornal, tried it before and didn't stick to it, so maybe it wasn't the right time and now is.

Speak to you Thursday
Old 09-16-2002, 06:08 AM   #287  

Where has Veggie gone - have you won the lottery and done a bunk.

come on back and chat, we miss you
Old 09-16-2002, 01:57 PM   #288  

Yes I have won the lottery I wish
Old 09-16-2002, 04:24 PM   #289  

Hi all

It was Sprog #2's birthday this w/end and we had a huge party for her - I wasn't as good as I ought to have been but I wasn't too bad either!!

On Saturday I went shopping with a friend who lost 4 stone about 6 years ago and has kept it off - anyway, she bought these gorgeous velvet trousers from Wallis (which I really want) and it really spurred me on...anyway, went to M&S and they've just had the outsize range in so there I was trying on size 24 (bearing in mind I was size 28 in January) and guess what? the 24 were too big - I had to go for the 22!! DEAD CHUFFED At this rate I'll be size 18 and wearing 'normal' clothes for the New Year.

Carol - I hope you have a good conference in York, I think the journal idea is a good one, I bought a specific one from WW (I know it's more money to fork out for WW) BUT I write in it every day and I'm sure it keeps me on track.

TQ - you are doing so well - I don't know if I could have eaten parsnip soup to keep the greedy demons away - RESPECT. I couldn't live without my WW database, I only realised this w/end that its actually a 'normal' calculator too - wally!!
Old 09-18-2002, 01:55 PM   #290  

Hello

I'm back on track two whole days hurrah!

Does anyone know that site where theres pics of Catherine Zeta Jones etc as they'd look if fat? I've googled but can't remember where it is.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:07 PM   #291  

Old 09-18-2002, 07:34 PM   #292  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Me too Veggie...back on track. Love the cartoon, can't think where the fat pics of the stars are, but will keep an eye out for them for ya.
Old 09-19-2002, 02:03 PM   #293  

Hello. Didn't do too well at the conference. Monday night had a bottle of wine and a large chinese buffett - was lovely. Tuesday had fruit and bacon (?) for breakfast, salad at lunchtime followed by fruit salad and then in the evening had a medium size dinner but with far too much wine at the gala dinner. Wedneday morning had fruit, a crossiant and bacon for breakfast, followed by a kit kat and a mint areo and loads of fluids, again had a salad for lunch but followed it by apple crumble with custard and then a bottle of champagne on the train - we won it as part of an award.

So needless to say this morning when I went on the scales I had gained 3lbs - surprised that was all.

The project team I have been working in did really well at the awards, we picked up one for best use of the software and one of funniest helpdesk calls. Next year we are aiming to get support team of the year, we have a lot of work todo before we get there.
Karren Brady the Brimingham City Football Club manager was there we were sat at her table for dinner and she was lovely. Not at all stand offish and not mad on football, even with her on our team we couldn't win the football competition. We did try and blame it on the fact that all the question related to english / welsh football and half of our table was Scottish, but that excuse didn't cut any ice

Anyway am home now and have been back on the wagon all day, just got to make some dinner and I'll be laughing. Those scales are going to go the right way next week. I'm going away for a long weekend in the middle of October and I want to be about 15 10 for that, am now back up to 16 5 so a long way to go.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:32 PM   #294  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Glad you had a good time Carol and lets face it, it could have been a lot worse couldn't it?????? Well done on the awards etc and good luck for next year, you can do it and accept the goodies in a slinky frock!!!!! Now thats an idea to aim for !! One day at a time............
Old 09-21-2002, 07:11 AM   #295  

S/C/G: 279.5/251/150

Height: 5'6

Hey Ali

With you mentioning that it was your birthday soon; I checked up & realised that you've got your big 4-0 6 days before I've got my big 3-0!!

I wish I was as close to target as you are, though! I would kill to be wearing a size 14 for my birthday! I seem to remember thinking at one point 'If I could stick to it now, I could be at target by the time I'm 30........' Well, it was a nice theory - it just obviously wasn't the right time!

Oh, & I don't know whether you're into astrology, but Librans are the BEST!
Old 09-21-2002, 05:50 PM   #296  

Sorry Shell - Geminis win hands down everyday

Gotta go have a 7 year old crying himself into a temper and now trying to be sick in his room - the joys !!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2002, 06:02 PM   #297  

OK have told him to talk to my hand because my ears aren't listening. All this because he wants to watch a video at 10 o'clock at night. I don't care even if it is Saturday. Of course everybody elses mum lets them ............

Need to hide on the computer for a bit longer, to let him calm down and go to sleep
Old 09-23-2002, 07:21 AM   #298  

Nah - pisces wins everytime - sorry - he he. Is anyone watching 'Dave Gorman's Big Astrology Experiment' on Sunday nights - very funny. Don't forget guys, 'The Office' is back next Monday night too (do I sound like a telly addict?)

Well done on the conference Carol and commisserations with the gain, but I bet you'll get if off this week, and well done Veggie for getting back on track.

I had an ok w/end - one of those where I could have done better, but wasn't too bad either ones!! Been to the gym this morning, my friend who I joined with didn't go on Friday as she wasn't feeling too good and then today it seems she's worried about her cat!!! I've got a sneaky feeling she doesn't want to go anymore...

The ironing beckons...
Old 09-23-2002, 08:59 AM   #299  

Pisces ROOL OK I'm watching Dave Gorman he came to my town in second episode!
Old 09-23-2002, 06:01 PM   #300  

Think I'm missing out on something here - who is Dave Gorman ?
Closed Thread