UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 01:46 PM   #241  
Theres no stopping me now

What's happened to Veggie ? not been around here much this week
Old 09-03-2002, 04:06 PM   #242  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I was just wondering the same thing!! veggie where are you ???? Come back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arwen, I have had this too from my son when he was about 3 or 4, it choked me but I just ate more and gained more weight!!

He now hardly uses the 3 letter f word which makes me smile, he understands much more now of course being a 7 year old who knows everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your daughter doesn't understand how much she is upsetting you please try not to let it get to you (I know easier said than done!!)

Like Carol said soon you will have her saying the most flattering things, I am still waiting like, kids can be cruel, I should know I am a teaching assistant!!
Old 09-03-2002, 04:23 PM   #243  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Arwen, hope you're feeling a bit cheery by now. As Carol and TQ said, your little one didn't mean anything by what she said to you, she wasn't trying to be mean. Fat is such a horrible word I think, it has been made to sound so derogatory (sp?) over the years.
My son, now aged 15 ( a sweetie if I do say so myself) says I'm not fat, I'm cuddly, which doesn't upset me, cos he has always been a cuddly child growing up, but deep down I would love to be just 'Mum' and nothing else even though I know he loves me for who I am, which is the way it should be....does this make sense?
I went back to work today, we had an all day convcation, top knobs rambling on about the law of the land within the school district. It was so nice to come home at three and have a cuppa. I did good eating too, I had a bagel and cream cheese and marked dwon 7 points for it. We have to go back to the 'O' club tomorrow and Thurs too, and get fed both days which is nice, but I shall have to be really careful as it wasn't part of my getting back on track plan.
Anyhoo, hope you do feel better now Arwen, you are a good person and don't forget it.
Hope everyone has a nice evening.....and yes, where is that Veggie?
Old 09-03-2002, 05:14 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5ft

Default Daughters cruel words

Thanks to everyone for their words of support, unfortunately it not something I can discuss with my husband as he just wouldn't understand (or would laugh at how silly I am to let her words upset me) but I do feel a lot better now thanks to all of you. I haven't really managed to stick to points too well today but I am pleased that i didn't comfort eat after Estras words this afternoon - I did think about it but then thought doing that would make her even more right, if that makes sense. I'm not weighing in tomorrow for several reasons; will have daughter in tow and still have very tender foot that blistered from walking all that way 2 weeks ago so am getting seriously back on track tomorrow with the aim of showing a good loss the week after. Also I'd gained 4lb over the last week and a half since my last weigh-in and haven't quite managed to lose all of it yet. My daughter starts nursery next week at the school she will be attending next year so I can go to Weight Watchers while she isn't with me, also I'm hoping to start swimming again when she's there too. I only learnt in March so not sure how much i will manage the first time!

Thanks again for everyones support, it is really appreciated especially as I'm new to the list and none of you have got to "know" me yet.
Old 09-03-2002, 05:38 PM   #245  

I'm here just not in a diet mood!

Helen I don't have kids but have been called names and yes it is hurtfull she probably got this from other kids and they get it from their parents/other kids all you can do is make sure your kid knows it is rude to comment on people like that I guess but as she so young shes just copying others isnt she? Anyway the tellytubbies are fat so maybe she thinks its a good thing!
Old 09-04-2002, 02:54 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5ft

Hi Veggie

Now I've calmed down from yesterday and have thought about it a bit more rationally I don't think she was saying it in any negative sort of way (even though thats how I took it), I think she was just saying it how it is. She may well have got it from other kids but has not been at Nursery since June as its been closed, I think she may well have picked it up from listening to me and Shell who always talk about dieting when we get together.

Now looking like a tellytubbie - that really is an insult

Anyway I feel a lot better today and have got things more in perspective. At least until she says it again
Old 09-04-2002, 08:54 AM   #247  

Hi everyone

Helen - I'm pleased you feel better about what your daughter said - kids just don't have the ability to be tacktfull (sp?) at that age. I have a problem in that my 7 year old is always skipping or jogging on the spot etc and when asked why she says she must stay fit!! She always asks me if she's had 5 portions of fruit and veg per day too - I worry - but when we chat I point out that she's healthy and fit and needn't worry - although I do!!

I had a friend over for coffee this morning and she joined Rosemary Conley club about 6 weeks ago and did really well (I think she lost 5lb in the first week and then 2 per week for a couple of weeks) anyway she was really upset and apparently she gained 2lbs last week and 2.5lbs this week and wanted my help. We chatted for ages and I think I've helped her - anyway, I've told her about you guys so she may well come on here for more support.

Must go and get Sprog #1 from school - WW dreaded weigh in tonight...

PS: Veggie hope you're ok?
Old 09-04-2002, 01:10 PM   #248  

Just a quick post, glad everyones OK. We don't mind if you're not in the mood for dieting Veggie, but we miss you when you don't pop in and chat.

I am on day 4 on program and am hoping for another good day, have this evening all planned out, cuppa soup, toast and jam or maybe a jam butty depending on how I feel at the time and some veggies as I haven't had my five yet today. Not all in that order, but I just had a beefburger roll (well in a folded piece of bread) was making the boys one each and knew that if I didn't do one for me I would end up picking so worked out the cals and changed the evening around

Tonight is Seans swimming lessons, he doesn't go until 8pm, but Steven my youngest is really tired thing this being at school thing is wearing him out. This is the second week they have been for full days and the first that they have had homework - so the tired little bunny is lying on the couch all wrapped up in his quilt watching the lion king - awww. So we may not make the swimming, if at all possible I would like to take Sean and me & Steven could sit and watch, but not vry likely with Steven he just loves the water

Hows Sprog2 enjoying school Delaney - Steven has been there 3 weeks and thinks he runs the place - typical 4 year old. Have to be honest he does look cute in his uniform
Old 09-04-2002, 06:38 PM   #249  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Hi everyone

well this week so far hit a disaster on monday evening...I was doing really well eventhough it was mad bisy at work.

My wonderful husband...god bless him knew I was having a really busy day at work , so he called me and said he had been out and bought me a meal for my dinner...chicken in a creamy mushroom and peppercorn sauce....I knew weight watchers did a similar meal which is just over 300 calories so when he said it was a supermarkets own brand and 423 calories I didn't think much about it and said great thanks...when I got home, he had everything ready for me just waiting to be warmed up so I didn't even think to check the box to make sure the calories were right...it wasn't until I was eating it I said my goodness there is a lot here in this meal it is pretty good value for the calories ...I battled my way through it, and I have to admit I struggled and I had to leave some of my veggies.
It wasn't until I went to wash the dishes that I found the box and read it myself...the meal was 423 calories per 100 grms not per meal and the meal itself was 250gms...yeah you guessed it, it should have served 2 people not just one...so with the jacket potato I had with it as well and my lunch and breakfast today I have eaten over 2000 calories, quite a few more than my allowed 1250. Tomorrow I am really going to have to cut back to make up for it....I can't be annoyed with him though, he was just being thoughtful and trying to be helpful. It really was my own fault for not checking first.
So take notice all you out there who think I never make mistakes...there is one great example that I still do...but I've learnt my lesson and its a mistake I wont make again .
Especially as I have had to cut back for the past 2 days...I have still eaten well, but I've had to stick with lower calorie options, instead of having what I really fancied...and just to make matters worse...TOM arrived yesterday and as always I feel like a balloon, so I've probably gained a few pounds because of that...in one way now is the best time to make a mistake like that, at least gaining any weight can be blamed on TOM....I know I am definitely retaining fluid...as you probably remember, last week I lost my rings in the freezer in the supermarket, because they have gone so big...today I can hardly twist them round, my fingers are so swollen.
Oh well...no point fretting over it...jsut need to get on

well I'm going to hit the sack, I have the bed completely to myself for the next 3 nights..hubby has gone to Amsterdam, so I should get some decent nights sleep without constantly being woken up by his snoring

Have a good day tomorrow everyone

Ali
Old 09-05-2002, 01:47 PM   #250  

Wotcha its raining here has summer ended? Had my hooded active v111 jacket on today boo its winter or something. Have another sick note so thats one good (?!) thing or is it I don't know.

Hee hee is this me?

Old 09-06-2002, 04:01 AM   #251  

hehehe nice one Veg! I like the Garfield sketch where the scales just laugh and laugh - everytime I think of that it makes me smile...

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday but Sprog #2 (Livi, I just realised nobody knows my kids names) was re-admitted to hospital with this 'serious' form of impetigo - what a nightmare this has turned out to be - they bodged up (is that a real word?) putting an IV in her arm and she went mental, then they let us go home at 10pm and I have to go in every day for her to be checked out until it's gone!! Still there were some very seriously ill kids in that hospital and I thank my lucky stars it wasn't something too awful...

Ali - don't worry about the awful day you had - we all have them - me more often than others

Veggie - I hope everything is going to get sorted for you... (Not being around over the last couple of weeks I missed what was going on with you).

Ooh nearly forgot - another 1lb off on Wednesday night at WW for me - do you know what ladies? I'm really gonna do this you know!!
Old 09-06-2002, 11:42 AM   #252  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Yes you are melissa!! We all are it is not negotiable, we are going for it!!
Old 09-06-2002, 02:47 PM   #253  

Having said that TQ....

I have just scoffed 3 WW chocolate orange crispy bars!!! I know they're low fat but 3!!!! Got that 'Friday Feeling' must go to bed so I don't eat anything else - only problem with that is its not even 8pm yet!!
Old 09-06-2002, 05:51 PM   #254  

Well done Melissa - we are all on a roll at the moment.

My best friend phoned me this evening, she rejoined weight watchers this week as she can go round her college course. It is quite a coincidence that she re-joined this week when I had my brain storm on Sunday and finally got my act together.

But I have had a couple of odd days. Things have come to a head at work. My time on the project team in Glasgow has finished and I hoped to be getting a couple of quiet weeks in my usual base in Bellshill (sorry this is a virtual tour round central scotland) when I was given the chance of going to Stirling - 15 minutes from home, from Monday on. All this happened yesterday, along with that Ray came home from work early so we all went to the brewers fayre for our dinner, so we could sort out what was going on in our lives. I ate great, chicken and baked potato, the wine kinda blew it though - although I could have had chips and wine so I did make some good choices. But the 3 very large glasses of Baileys were out of order along with the toffees - blaming it on the stress of my life totally changing in one afternoon.

Then today I had to cover the Bellshill site, I have worked from this office for 3.5 years and love the place, the work, the people - not in the order, but all off a sudden I had to tell them this was my last day there. I may get back in the future to help out with some stuff - but I doubt it. Was very sad, I managed to hold it together while I was there, although I was feeling very emtional when I was saying goodbye. I did have a few tears in the car coming home, calmed myself down, then Simply The Best by Tina Turner came on the radio, I turned it way up and sung my heart out with the tears running down my face - must have made a funny site for all those lorry drivers looking down into my car at teh roundabout. Why could I not just walk out of the door and be done with it - I never used to be emtional.

So from Monday I am in Stirling, forever - well until I find a new job outside the company. Am not looking that hard at the moment, but I will get my act together and start hunting. Means I will be able to take the boys to school and be in work before 9:15 - am looking forward to that part. Not looking forward to new people, new procedures, new systems, etc, etc, etc. But I will put a happy face on and just get on with it - nothing else for it.

Anyway so tonight to drown my sorrows I have had a glass of wine, Ray just filled it up for me and a large piece of fish from the chippy, plus 3 slices of pizza at lunchtime - yes i have pigged out. Pure stress - no excuses from here on in. Have had 2 off days the next 5 have to balance these 2 out.

This weekend I want to start painting the bedroom. Remember I said it would be lilac, Ray hated the paint so we've ended up with blue ????? At least it will be fresh, am going to give stencilling a go in a few weeks, once the rest of it is finished.

I will have more time to log from now on, Stirling is a very quiet site so I might even manage in during the day

C'ya
Old 09-07-2002, 03:15 AM   #255  

Carol - poor you, it sounds like you've really been through the mill recently. Don't worry about pigging out just draw a line under it and start again (advice from my WW leader). Just think, dropping the boys off at school will be nice and within a week you'll be wondering what you were worried about

I've now got this awful bullous impetigo which Sprog #2 has had for the last 3 weeks - so when I go for her daily trip to the hospital today I can say I've got it now so give me some of them drugs too!! Really had enough of this impetigo - I'm washing bedding everyday, pj's everyday, towels everyday - you name it, everything that kid touches gets washed (you should see my ironing pile on second thoughts you really shouldn't).

I don't know why but I go to pot at the weekends - it seems all my willpower, my ability to be rational - it all goes out the window and I want to eat junk food. Going shopping today in Nottingham (love Nottingham - great for shopping) not having anything for me though it's Sprog #2's birthday next week (can't belive she's going to be 3) I showed her the ELC catalogue for some ideas and I swear she wants something from every page!! I know we'll end up eating at TGI's or some other 'evil' place so I'll come and 'fess up later...
Closed Thread