UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #151  

Hi all, hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend

Hi Homersmummy I think you did really well to only put on 7 lbs on holiday and REALLY well to lose 4 lbs of that since coming back! We are all entitled to forget our diets on holiday - I plan to do just that in less than 3 weeks time It won't take you 6 months to get that other 3lbs off - 1 or 2 weeks and then you will be back on track again! Good luck.

Hi Geministar and welcome I've never tried "intuitive eating" I've tried the good ol' "see-food" diet but we've all been there at one time or another I guess I like the SW plan (currently trying to get my head around success express (without much success at present) but I seem to have been struggling a little over the last 2 weeks. I'm sticking to it - but having attacks of the munchies regularly. I try to feed such attacks with free foods - but of course it's chocolate I want - ah well - nothing tastes as good as slim feels

Hi Tawney & welcome to 3FC SW thread 2 stone in 11 weeks is ab fab How are you doing it? Green or red? Or one of the other 2 plans? Give us all some tips please

Enjoy the rest of BH Monday, love ff x
Old 05-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 155/152/130

Height: 5' 7"

thanks!! Intuitive eating is basically about eating ony when you're hungry and stopping when you're full, eat what you like and not what you think you should and learning to accept yourself. It sounded really good but I didn't know when I was full
SW is a tried and tested plan for me so when I saw that IE wasn't going too well, I just made a decision to go back to SW and stick to it!! Its been going well so far and I plan on doing mostly mix to match days as its the most convenient (and tasty! ) method for me
Today I had.....

Brekkie: 2 sliced wholemeal toast (HE B) with 1 egg fried in frylight and 1tbsp ketchup (1syn) and some tea and skimmed milk (part of my HE A)

Green Lunch: Pasta and 100g chicken with sweetcorn and lots of lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. I mashed up 3 laughing cow light and a splash of lemon juice to thin it out and some black pepper for my dressing.

Red dinner: I plan on having grilled salmon fillet with steamed green beans and broccoli and grilled tomatoes
And for dessert I'll have a shape yogurt!

I'm feeling great now!

Last edited by Geministar; 05-07-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:32 PM   #153  

Default i think i'm about to re-join slimming world-Help! x x

Hi there,
I am very new to this forum and didn't know things like this existed til yesterday so i am made up i found it! My name is Rachel and i'm 23, i might as well be honest from the start: I joined slimming world last year and had success and lost half a stone, until i went to amsterdam and put it all back on again! i kept going to class and losing and gaining but ended up throwing the towel in in feb this year as i just wasnt getting the support or motivation i needed from the group leader. I actually ended up 3lbs heavier when i left than when i started so was really fed up. i then joined lighter life last week and did 6 days but found the formula foodpacks utterly disgusting and it just seems very unsocial as you literally cant eat or drink.
As i agree with the principals of slimming world and know it works, i think i have decided to give it another go. I am pleased to say though that in the past 2 weeks I have lost 13lbs so i am quite pleased with that. My start weight crept up to 17st13lbs and I am now at 17st. I am a bit concerned though that if i start slimming world then this will all go straight back on. Does anyone else have any experience with making this transition?
I am also hoping that I will be able to get some support from people on here in the same boat.
Any help would be grately appreciated.
x x x x
Old 05-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 236/236/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Rachel. I'm not currently doing sw i'm doing the Weight watchers but am 25 and currently weigh just under 16 stone, i'm like u and find it hard to do this. Just wondered if maybe you wanted to give each other a hand staying on track obviously we cant help with diets as we are doing different ones but we can just try and encourage one another. If you feel this would help u can send me a private message. xx
Old 05-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #155  

Hi Geministar..I love your salad dressing idea..I'm definitely going to try that cheers!

Hi Rachel..don't worry..join SW + you'll keep losing I lost 2st on lipotrim + then switched to SW (see my first post on page8 of this thread). Good luck!

love ff x
Old 05-08-2007, 04:16 AM   #156  

Quote:
I like the SW plan (currently trying to get my head around success express (without much success at present) but I seem to have been struggling a little over the last 2 weeks. I'm sticking to it - but having attacks of the munchies regularly. I try to feed such attacks with free foods - but of course it's chocolate I want - ah well - nothing tastes as good as slim feels
Oh that is so me, but not chocolate, for me it's a rewarding glass of wine at the end of the day!!!

Since only losing half a pound 2 weeks ago I seem to have lost heart and last week only 'did' SW about 65% of the time! I am now going to weigh in and hope that I have not 'put on' and at least only weigh the same as last week. I feel so silly at not sticking to it last week and although I can use the excuse Bank Holiday, I think I was just having a 'rebel' moment.

I have decided that this week will be 100% again and that I have got all my 'naughty' moments over and done with last week.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:49 AM   #157  

Well, I lost a pound

Yes, I am happy with that but understanding it is another matter! Anyway I feel even more inclined to get back on to the diet 100% so that next week I know I have deserved the weight loss.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:44 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 155/152/130

Height: 5' 7"

Good job Antari!!! I'm doing SW on my own at the moment, still thinking whether or not I should join a group. There's one near me but its not always convenient for me on the days they hold meetings and I guess "reporting" to a class makes me feel under pressure and likely to just stop going if I had a bad week and then stop the diet all together because I think I've spoilt everything!
I'll try doing it on my own, that way it would feel more like a lifestyle change and a part of my everyday life rather than relying on my group forever!

I'll be weighing myself every sunday morning and have a treat that same day. My boyfriend and I usually have a nice lazy brunch and lots of naps on sundays, as I only have about 5 syns a day, that could be my treat for the week.

Last edited by Geministar; 05-08-2007 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #159  

I've just joined slimming world, having lost 5 stone on my own, and putting one and a bit back on.

I am really liking it. I am a greed day girl at heart, I seem to be having more of those than red days.

I weigh in today........interesting to see if I've lost. I won't be too disappointed if I haven't, as I am still learning the ropes!
Old 05-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #160  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree View Post
I've just joined slimming world, having lost 5 stone on my own, and putting one and a bit back on.

I am really liking it. I am a greed day girl at heart, I seem to be having more of those than red days.

I weigh in today........interesting to see if I've lost. I won't be too disappointed if I haven't, as I am still learning the ropes!
Hi kykaree, welcome to 3FC and a huge well done for losing 5 stone on your own!! Good luck with the weigh in - hope it goes well - please keep us all posted.

By the way I love the fact that you are a "greed day girl at heart" ... would you call that a Freudian slip? love ff x
Old 05-10-2007, 04:30 AM   #161  

Ha ha that's so funny.

I gained 1/2 pound!!!! I can't believe it.!!! I walked to slimming world in the rain in long trousers, so I think it was all the water in my jeans that made me weigh heavy

In fact half of us had a gain last night!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 07:31 AM   #162  

Should of took them off Kyk.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:34 PM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie View Post
Should of took them off Kyk.
No hon, your thinking of "Strippers World"...that's next door ff x
Old 05-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree View Post
Ha ha that's so funny.

I gained 1/2 pound!!!! I can't believe it.!!! I walked to slimming world in the rain in long trousers, so I think it was all the water in my jeans that made me weigh heavy

In fact half of us had a gain last night!!!
Sorry to hear you had a gain - did you wear long trousers at your first weigh in? I must admit I always wear the same skirt for weigh ins as I have a couple of skirts that feel very heavy and trousers even more so! (I know...I'm obsessing ) It's such a boost when you get weighed and you've lost - try and wear the same skirt or trousers each week for consistency. The man in front of me in the weigh in queue on Tuesday evening said he normally wears his shoes on the scales, but the ones he had on felt heavier than normal so he took them off and got slimmer of the week with a 4.5lb loss (he weighed the shoes and they weighed 2lb!!) Clothes make a difference!

It's also possible that as you are new to SW you may have slipped up on the Original/green/syns. If you kept a food diary the person who runs your group should really have gone through it with you to make sure you were on track and to explain any bits you were confused about. If they didn't or if you didn't keep a diary - try keeping one this week (just in case) and you can have it checked next week if you don't have a fab weight loss!

Don't be disheartened hon, keep with the programme and I'm sure you'll have a good loss next week. love ff x
Old 05-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #165  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Considering the stuff I was eating, I think it was good too hehe!
Well, I lost 4lb this week too... so I have now lost my holiday gain, plus half a pound. YAY! Phewww, back in the 18st bracket.
Mind, I was determined to get back to where I was before the holiday, so I was strict as!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighting flab View Post
Hi all, hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend

Hi Homersmummy I think you did really well to only put on 7 lbs on holiday and REALLY well to lose 4 lbs of that since coming back! We are all entitled to forget our diets on holiday - I plan to do just that in less than 3 weeks time It won't take you 6 months to get that other 3lbs off - 1 or 2 weeks and then you will be back on track again! Good luck.
Closed Thread