UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 04:29 PM   #16  
mummy of one

hello the thread is a great idea .... i had a green day today which i do most of the time as i am not a big meat eater really had pasta and sacla tomato pesto (1 level tbsp 2½ Syns) for my dinner was lovely and i'll have some more in a little while for my supper as there is still some left sittling waiting for me in the microwave lol
Old 02-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #17  

I've always thought about getting some pesto because I have never actually tried it believe it or not! Is it much different to just a plain old passata? And is it worth the syns? lol
Old 02-26-2007, 04:06 AM   #18  

Pesto is made with pine nuts and really high in fat and calories and very rich! I personally don't think it's worth the syns as the only thing I like about it is the taste of all the basil.............which is free!

Have stuck to the diet (sorry way of life ) all week religiously and have eaten more than I have ever done. Let's hope the scales are on my side tomorrow!

I am going to make the rice pudding tonight as I haven't had my weetabix this morning so haven't used the milk. I had a wonderful fruit smoothie instead made with bananas, blackberries and a freshly squeezed blood orange made up with some water. It was very red!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:16 AM   #19  

Bits - congrats on the loss!

I had a gain this week I'm afraid. I can't even bring myself to think about it but I am back on track now so hopefully I will lose it this week! It's my own fault anyway!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:52 AM   #20  
mummy of one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bits View Post
I've always thought about getting some pesto because I have never actually tried it believe it or not! Is it much different to just a plain old passata? And is it worth the syns? lol

i love pesto and have tried three different kinds of the sacla one (tomato, classic and red pepper) and think they are worth their sins as they are lovely in pasta........ i often put chopped quorn sausages through my pasta and pesto too or i grate some cheese over it and it is really filling and delicious

i am having a baked potato tonight for dinner with a tin of asda ravioli (4 syns for the tin) with some grated cheese (melted) over lol might sound horrible but it is amazing
Old 02-26-2007, 05:05 PM   #21  

scottie - that sounds nice to me. I like pesto too.

I had pasta tonight with sweetcorn and a bit of grated edam. I like green days because they are so easy. Sometimes I have mashed potatos and peas with gravy (2 syns) or a jacket potato with mushy peas and mint sauce (2 syns). I've made some savoury rice for tomorrow to take to work and a chopped salad. I'd like to make some flavoured rice myself if I could think what to put in it.

Bits - what do you do to your cous cous for flavouring?

I was hopeful today that the new WW rice pudding desserts would be OK on green but they are 5.5 syns on both days so i'll stick to free rice pud!
Old 02-26-2007, 07:35 PM   #22  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

I had a really terrible day today...

In the morning i weighed myself, I have two scales, one said 12 stane exactly the other said 11 stone 12 . I was really chuffed and went to the sports centre to get a digital ticket to show my friend and it read 12 stone 10 pounds what happened? Are both my scales at home wrong? I was really good this week...

I feeel like giving up..
Old 02-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #23  

SWC don't give up!! scales do vary and it was later in the day so that won't help. If i were you I'd just use one set of scales and stick to them each week. Don't get on different ones. Keep going it will come off.

When I went to class the scales weighed more that my digital scales at home.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:59 AM   #24  
mummy of one

SlimmingWorldChick i am sorry to hear that all the scales are telling different stories that drives me nuts......
i have scales at home and never use them because they are always different from the one in class so i just stick to getting weighed in class so agree with cherrycupcake maybe you should just use one set..... i get weighed tonight at the class not looking forward to it but ohhhh well needs to be done i suppose lol
Old 02-27-2007, 12:35 PM   #25  

Well, first week over and 6lbs down
Old 02-27-2007, 12:37 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
i love pesto and have tried three different kinds of the sacla one (tomato, classic and red pepper) and think they are worth their sins as they are lovely in pasta........ i often put chopped quorn sausages through my pasta and pesto too or i grate some cheese over it and it is really filling and delicious
Mmmmmmmmmmm, sounds delicious, maybe I will try the pesto
Old 02-27-2007, 02:26 PM   #27  

Well done everyone on their weightlosses this week. I weigh in on a wednesday, but didnt go last week, cos i started a new job which clashed with the class times. This week i'll hopefully be able to get my lunch break at the right time to be able to go to class. I know ive not had a good few weeks, because not been feeling very well, so been eating crisps and chocolate too much!! really need to knuckle down and get back on track cos i know I can! and only got 6 weeks to lose the 14lb i targetted myself to for easter...Well done esp..Antari, just a friendly word of warning tho, be careful with smoothies if ur aiming to follow the plan 100% as they are very high in syns,even ones you make urself, as once u change the composition of the fruit it becomes synful
Old 02-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #28  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Ok i'm back..Thanks for the word of encouragement

Well done Antari ...6 pounds !!you go for it!!!

i'm feeling better now today...
Old 02-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #29  

SWC - glad you are feeling better.

Antari - congrats on the great loss!

Welshtigger - good luck with your weigh in. I was ill a couple of weeks ago and found it hard to get back onto the plan. So if you squash up the fruit it becomes synful?

Scottie - hope your weigh in went well.

I had noodles for the first time tonight and some (frozen) veg rice from morrisons (3 1/2 syns for the full bag) it was delicious and so filling! I am doing a red day tomorrow for a change so lunch will be turkey salad and for tea I am making the bacon double cheeseburgers for the SW magazine.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshtigger View Post
Antari, just a friendly word of warning tho, be careful with smoothies if ur aiming to follow the plan 100% as they are very high in syns,even ones you make urself, as once u change the composition of the fruit it becomes synful
Whoops..............didn't think about that as I only used fresh fruit and whizzed it in the smoothie maker. How does it change the composition or is it too complicated to answer
Closed Thread