UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #61  

I found this googling. So don't blame me if it's wrong.

Quote:
2 cups = 1 pint
2 pints = 1 quart
3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon
48 teaspoons = 1 cup
16 tablespoons = 1 cup
12 tablespoons = 3/4 cup
10 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons = 2/3 cup
8 tablespoons = 1/2 cup
6 tablespoons = 3/8 cup
5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon = 1/3 cup
4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup
2 tablespoons = 1/8 cup
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons = 1/6 cup
1 tablespoon = 1/16 cup

1 US cup equals 237 ml. 2 cups is almost 1/2 a litre. (.03ml under)
Old 03-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #62  

well done everyone this week.Im really really chuffed, I lost 3lbs this week, so finally the scales are moving the right way again. Scottie,I have also got a few pounds to lose to get back to pre Xmas weight-ive got 6lbs so hopefully be able to do that over next 2 weeks. Really enjoying following the plan at the moment, so watch this space!! lol....good luck this week everyone xx
Old 03-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #63  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

WelshTiger-Well done on the 31/2 pounds!!Are you actually from Wales?

Thanks very much veggie..i hate numbers imagine half a litre of rice?? Too confusing for me ...
Old 03-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #64  

What are you all up to this weekend? And what are you all planning to eat?

We usually have a takeaway tonight but I am making a quorn chilli instead with lots of rice. I am just going to look up soured cream to see if I can have a bit with the spicy chilli. I am serving the rest of the family onion rings so I had better resistthem!
Old 03-10-2007, 11:42 AM   #65  

Well done Welshtigger!

Going to try a recipe out of the green book...........chick peas with tomatoes. Will let you know if it's any good.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #66  

thanx guys-in answer to ur question s.w.c yes I am from Wales!! I live in North Wales-what about u? Are u welsh too??
Old 03-12-2007, 05:36 AM   #67  

No WelshTiger i'm not Welsh but have met this very nice Welsh guy..

cherrycupcake-O the weekend is over,however bcos my baby cousins came to visit i ate so much ice cream and crackers(naughty) so this week i'm having Red days to get me back to where i was b4 they came .
Old 03-12-2007, 07:35 AM   #68  

Hi ladies

I had a really good week but yet again at the weekend I let myself down. I had a takeaway on saturday night and then on sunday I was terrible. I still had a 2 pound loss but it would have been more I'm sure. I only have 4 pounds to go to reach my first mini goal so I really need to have a couple of good weeks.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:11 AM   #69  
mummy of one

i had been good also .......up untill the weekend this is when i always let myself down....purely by picking more at my little boys sweets and stuff dont know why but saturday is always the worst back on track today though get weighed tomorrow so will need to be good to get results ......am trying to be positive lol
Old 03-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #70  

cherrycupcake-well done on the 2 pound loss. You cheated a little and still lost that's fantastic...just keep it up next week you'll lose even more. Wish you well losing that 4 pounds.

scottie-Hope your weigh in goes well. The weekend always gets me too, i'm so good all week then just crash. I have to keep reminding myself it's consistency..consistency...conistency.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:02 AM   #71  

Hi folks, mind if i join you SW girls (any guys!) ??

I've done SW plan a few times on and off over the last few years. Last year was a fairly eventful year and as hard as I tried I just couldnt stick with it. Soo I am planning on starting it again on 23rd March. Which will give me a couple of weeks to get the right mind set to do this, this time - for the last time! lol
Anyway no doubt you will all hear more from me soon, but i'll be lurking for a week or so just getting ready.
Dolci
Old 03-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #72  

Hi Dolci, good to see you here. Like the signature!

Lost another 1lb this week
Old 03-13-2007, 01:31 PM   #73  

Antari - well done - another pound gone.

SWC - thanks

Dolci - welcome!
Old 03-13-2007, 04:40 PM   #74  

Well done to Cherrycupcake and Antari on your losses - I'm determined to be a loser this week too

Hello Dolci, I hope you start off in the right spirits!

*hopes Scottie had some good news at the weigh in*

I must say, the weekends get to me too. I was determined but then I went shopping when I was starving on Saturday night and bought a tub of Haagan Dazs - oops Anyway, it was delicious of course, but I did feel very guilty after eating half the tub! plus I then finished it off the next night.

But I've had my splurge, and this week so far has been good. I found an Asda around the corner from the hotel I'm in this week (I'm yet another one in Wales this week!) and so have been buying healthy eating type sandwiches for my tea. Today has been so sunny, I really enjoyed a chicken and bacon salad for my lunch too! Slimming World has no chance when I'm away, but I do still watch the calories and things. Plus I actually got on my exercise bike again at the weekend instead of just looking at it as I have been doing over the last few weeks!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:47 PM   #75  

not sure if im doin this right, was wonderin if i cud have the rice pud recipe?
thanks
Closed Thread