UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 04:12 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 266/242/168

Height: 5ft7

Willpower? I don't seem to have it! ...after getting the "great" news that the inlaws can't move for another month (at least) and having a night in a huff (but still being a good girl) I went to Tesco this morning before work and bought the following:

- Quiche Lorraine...Healthy Living
- Hoisin Duck Wrap
- a bag of crisps

Coming to work and checking the syn value I nearly . I also bought a whole lot of fruit and still have a baked potato here at work and some sweetcorn. So with good luck I will make it through the day without touching all these bad things. I still feel like crying tho, because I just went in there and deliberately bought all these naughty things and sabotaging myself.

Well thats me done ranting for now,,,feeling a lot better already
Old 05-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #182  

Well here I am again (seems I'm talking to myself), but just a wee update.

It is 4pm, my shift is nearly over and so far I have managed not to open the bag of crisps and also haven't touched the Quiche!!!!! I have had the duck wrap, but counted that as HE and a wee syn for the sauce. I'm rather pleased with myself, and I think ranting on here this morning helped.

So I'm off for the weekend, under supervision of my other half. Have a good one and stay focused
Old 05-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 286/230/154

Height: 5ft 7

Default Hi all

Hiya

What a fantastic forum! I've been searching all over for you guys! I will have been at SW for a year in June. I'm just about at a 3 1/2 stone loss - which is fab. I started at 20st 5 and am now in the 16s - only just mind at 16st 13 - but in I am.

Its not been easy - but I've slogged at it with good losses - wee losses and gains! If you read the magazine they all make it sound a breeze! But it is working - for me its the group - we sit and chat and really support each other. The leader - for all she does - might as well not be there - to be honest she doesn't really get it - she can cope with who's lost - who's gained - anything deeper than that and it's over her head!

But certain people in the group are my lifeline and thats what keeps me going when it gets tough. the fact that i can now ramble on in a forum as well...well what a dream!

So keep going guys - whether its a 1lb or 4lb off - it doesn't matter - just keep going and we'll all get there
Old 05-29-2007, 02:54 AM   #184  

Hi Bubbly,
In the 16s, wow, good for you!!! To me this seems a long time away, but as u said, we'll get there in the end. Looking forward to your ramblings (as you can see I had my fair share of rambling this weekend).
Old 06-01-2007, 05:29 AM   #185  

Default Spoke too soon!!

Well I was in the 16's but went to get weighed this week and put on a pound so now 17 again!! Doh!!

Strange tho as lots put on this week - may be something to do with being off at half term with the kids or maybe the scales were wrong!!!

Conspiracy theories abound!

Trouble is when I do put on - as I'm sure most of us do occasionally - it doesn'tmake me think 'Right Come on girl!!' It just makes me go all wobbly and off the rails a bit. The last two nights i've been a nightmare - i know I'm doing it and somehow I just justify it to myself - I pretend it's my choice to eat those crisps - after all i deserve then I'm a single mum who works full time - its now 9pm and this is my treat time!

I'm not dim - I know what I'm doing - and I know I need to find other treats and rewards - just haven't found anything yet that meets the need more than food - food is the habitual reward. And I guess thats the bit the SW group doesn't address - lots of tips on healthy eating and ideas etc but when it comes down to actual changing how I think - it comes a bit unstook.

Has anyone actually got over this bit - any tips/ ideas/help!..... anything at all?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:35 AM   #186  

back to it last week after a break.. 5lb off woo hoo..
Old 06-01-2007, 05:36 AM   #187  

as for treat time.. maybe save ur syns for in the evening.. eat free all day then u can have treats....
Old 06-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #188  

I've lost a pound this week,,,hoooraaaayyyyyyy
Old 06-03-2007, 06:19 AM   #189  

Hey Bubbly,

have you tried alternative treats? If u fancy crisps, just make crisps from lasagne sheets, make a syn free salsa and u can eat away...i'm loving them, eventho i burn 1 out of 2 trays lol.....

If you are more of the choc type, make some low syn rochers.....with ryvita and nutella, they are only 1syn each and scrummy....

thats just a wee quick fix.....I know it is hard sometimes, I do the same. Telling myself that I deserve it, that I will make it up in the next few days.....but it never works....what I find helps is to write it all down...if not in a forum, write a diary, speak to ur best friend or just call someone that understands where ur coming from.....
Old 06-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #190  

how do u make lasagne crisps?? !
Old 06-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #191  

It's suuuuper easy....get some lasagne sheets and parboil them for 2-3 mins (i do a couple a time in the water otherwise they stick together). Take them out, cut into triangles. Spray a baking tray with Frylight and place the triangles on top. Spray with Frylight again and salt lightly (or whichever spice you prefer). Put into a preheated oven on high temp. You DO need to WATCH them tho, cause they burn rather quickly. Take them out and enjoy with synfree salsa or any other low syn dip....they are fantastic!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:38 AM   #192  

ooo i might have a go at them!....
Old 06-03-2007, 05:42 PM   #193  

Smile Ooh thats my idea of support!!

Crisps are the downfall for me Moonchild so that sounds fantastic - i am definately going to give it a go.

A lot of the time I find I just have to think really positively and just say no -its not worth it - very hard sometimes and also i think that I need to have a 'normal' relationship with food! Slim people would not deny themselves a bag of crisps if they wanted one ...but then neither would they then go on to eat another 3 bags!!

You're right about writing things down and planning-planning-planning. I was sooo good on Saturday - got all the SW mags out and picked a load of lovely recipees- drew up a menu plan for the week and then a shopping list and off to ASDA I went.

Bumped into the SW consultant in one of the ailses and didn't have to hide anything in the trolley so felt virtuous!

Also spent last night with another 1299 women doing a 9 mile Moonlight walk for a local hospice and just reading the reasons why women do this makes you realise that life is very short and we ned to grab all opportunities that come along - thats opportunites NOT cream cakes.

So off to bed to nurse my blisters and to stop me having a biccie lol.

Lasagne crisps will be on the agenda tomorrow tho.

Night all x
Old 06-04-2007, 01:56 AM   #194  

Bubbly well done on your walk, I bet you felt well pleased with yourself afterwards (ok, besides the blisters, hurting knees and legs and the urge to dig a hole).

And wow what a great day you must have had on saturday, well chuffed running into your SW consultant...thats excellent. Little things like that give you a boost....however they are still no comparison to a nice bag of crisps lol....

The weekends I usually do my planning as well, get all my mags out, get recipes and then get it all together and try to plan my week. Did lots of pre-cooking last night. Made pork-meatballs with a lovely yoghurt dip and also a leek-potato soup for tomorrow lunch time....the rest I'll put in the freezer. Afterwards my darling ran me a bath and I could finally chill out.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:36 AM   #195  

Default Newbie here!

Hi Folks!

Just found this forum I've been at SW since March and have lost 12lbs (I had 5 weeks off in the middle!).

Looking forward to reading the hints and tips - lasagne crisps? WOW! My leader makes microwave crisps which come out really well - need to try them myself though! Also the quiche recipe is pretty good - especially if you put a HE portion of grated cheese over the top before you cook it!

Look forward to 'meeting' you all!

Sarah
Closed Thread